Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Pose questions directly to the Kidrobot Guru, and make requests for things we don't have yet but you wish we did.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Post Reply
KFiT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by KFiT » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Hello,

I'm worried that I've been scammed on here, I sent money via PayPal to another member on here for a dunny. I was in contact with him right until i sent the money... After that it's been complete darkness!!! I don't know what to do... I've messaged them and have not received any messages back. I don't want to say names until I'm completely sure they ripped me off. But right now that's how I feel, anyone else with this problem?

User avatar
Pause
Posts: 2181
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:27 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by Pause » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:21 pm

KFiT wrote:Hello,

I'm worried that I've been scammed on here, I sent money via PayPal to another member on here for a dunny. I was in contact with him right until i sent the money... After that it's been complete darkness!!! I don't know what to do... I've messaged them and have not received any messages back. I don't want to say names until I'm completely sure they ripped me off. But right now that's how I feel, anyone else with this problem?
How long has it been?

KFiT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by KFiT » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Pause wrote:
KFiT wrote:Hello,

I'm worried that I've been scammed on here, I sent money via PayPal to another member on here for a dunny. I was in contact with him right until i sent the money... After that it's been complete darkness!!! I don't know what to do... I've messaged them and have not received any messages back. I don't want to say names until I'm completely sure they ripped me off. But right now that's how I feel, anyone else with this problem?
How long has it been?
It's only been a week but i haven't heard anything from them since I sent money? I sent a message asking when they'd be sending it out and nothing...

Thanks

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by Mr. Hankey » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:11 pm

1. What type of PayPal payment did you make? Gift or goods/service payment?

2. What is their username? I know you didn't want to say, but it means people on the forum can say whether or not they've had previous dealings with the individual.
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

KFiT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by KFiT » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Mr. Hankey wrote:1. What type of PayPal payment did you make? Gift or goods/service payment?

2. What is their username? I know you didn't want to say, but it means people on the forum can say whether or not they've had previous dealings with the individual.
For goods and services so luckily I wasn't a complete idiot lol

Like I mean if they were sending it you'd think they'd let me know or reply to messages? Like they've been on the forum multiple times in last week and no reply. That's just weird to me, if I was sending something I'd be letting the person know every step.

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by Mr. Hankey » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm like you - when I'm selling, I really like to keep the buyer in the loop 24/7.

If I were you, I wouldn't get too worried just yet (in fact, don't get worried at all as you did the right thing by not gifting!). Send them an email direct to their PayPal email address, explaining that you will open a PayPal dispute as a precaution if they do not reply/make contact within the next 2 days. Then, if they don't reply within the allotted time, open a dispute. A dispute will hold the payment and make PayPal aware that you are having problems with the seller. Then the ball is in the sellers court. Then just play the waiting game. I always like to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time make sure I cover my myself in case of a dodgy deal!

In the meantime, after you've sent the email, search the forums to see whether or not he/she pops up on a bad sellers list. Often people will mention the name of a bad boardie in their signature.
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

KFiT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by KFiT » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:25 pm

Mr. Hankey wrote:I'm like you - when I'm selling, I really like to keep the buyer in the loop 24/7.

If I were you, I wouldn't get too worried just yet (in fact, don't get worried at all as you did the right thing by not gifting!). Send them an email direct to their PayPal email address, explaining that you will open a PayPal dispute as a precaution if they do not reply/make contact within the next 2 days. Then, if they don't reply within the allotted time, open a dispute. A dispute will hold the payment and make PayPal aware that you are having problems with the seller. Then the ball is in the sellers court. Then just play the waiting game. I always like to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time make sure I cover my myself in case of a dodgy deal!

In the meantime, after you've sent the email, search the forums to see whether or not he/she pops up on a bad sellers list. Often people will mention the name of a bad boardie in their signature.
Awesome thanks man! Ya I emailed them on there PayPal email asking what was going on and then on here yesterday saying that I'd have to open a dispute if I don't hear anything and still nothing... And it's not like they're not going online or posting in other threads... So I'm just worried lol

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by Mr. Hankey » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Don't worry, it's not worth it. Give it time. Sometimes people use a separate PayPal email that they don't often read. If, however, they are posting on the forums, just try and post in a thread in reply to one of his/her posts... should get their attention more than a PM!
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

KFiT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by KFiT » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:26 am

Hello,
To all that read this. My money has been fully refunded, but I'm not super happy about it.

So the person I was buying off was Rentatard, I sent him money right away and never heard anything. He responded once saying hed send it out 2 weeks ago..

Didnt hear anything so I message him again asking what's going on, this morning I woke up with a refund.

I'm not mad I got my refund I'm just upset it took him this long to do anything. I could have been looking for the dunny this whole time!

So just thought you guys should know not to deal with RENTATARD since they did not seem me anything that we discussed as well as never got any messages to tell me what's going on.

This has put a very bad taste in my mouth regarding this forum and just makes me feel cheated.

If anyone has a Pink Francis chase from odd ones that's what I've been trying to get!

Thanks for reading!

User avatar
Mongo Lloyd
Posts: 2002
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by Mongo Lloyd » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:24 pm

This sucks. I saw this thread when it was first posted, I wish you had posted his name. I know him outside the forums. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, if I can find anything out I'll do what I can. He definitely had the Pink Francis so I'm not sure why he didn't send it.

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!


NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

KFiT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by KFiT » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:47 pm

Hey dude!

Yah probably shoulda but I didn't want to call anyone out until i knew I wasn't getting anything.

It just doesn't make sense to me why he'd say yes, take my money, than say he's sending it tomorrow morning 2 weeks ago, and then just refund my money payment.

It's just annoying cuz now I've waited over a month when I could have been looking this whole time. It's the one I really wanted, and needed it to finish the set! So it's kinda a let down. Was hoping to get it before Christmas but that didn't happen.

Ya any info would be great man! I'm just curious to know what I did wrong or what happened!

Thanks everyone!

Mongo Lloyd wrote:This sucks. I saw this thread when it was first posted, I wish you had posted his name. I know him outside the forums. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, if I can find anything out I'll do what I can. He definitely had the Pink Francis so I'm not sure why he didn't send it.

User avatar
noeleaser
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by noeleaser » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 pm

KFiT wrote:Hey dude!

Yah probably shoulda but I didn't want to call anyone out until i knew I wasn't getting anything.

It just doesn't make sense to me why he'd say yes, take my money, than say he's sending it tomorrow morning 2 weeks ago, and then just refund my money payment.

It's just annoying cuz now I've waited over a month when I could have been looking this whole time. It's the one I really wanted, and needed it to finish the set! So it's kinda a let down. Was hoping to get it before Christmas but that didn't happen.

Ya any info would be great man! I'm just curious to know what I did wrong or what happened!

Thanks everyone!
By the way, if you're looking for a pink Francis, I've got one for sale and I promise I won't scam you. :)

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=246584

Holler..

P.S. So glad you got your money back! Yay for NOT sending as friends/family and doing things the proper way! :)
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

User avatar
paul
Posts: 3742
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:51 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by paul » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 pm

You bought something off a guy on the internet who literally named himself "Rent a tard" and you were surprised it didn't work out? :p
www.allvinyls.com

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

User avatar
drummerboy2
Posts: 2648
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Help!!! I'm worried I've been scammed on here

Post by drummerboy2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 pm

paul wrote:You bought something off a guy on the internet who literally named himself "Rent a tard" and you were surprised it didn't work out? :p
:evil: :badgrin: :lol:
stay hard and stick it to da man. Great dealins with way to many to name.Just for you Merlin

Post Reply