forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: blind box complete set?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:19 pm 

Hello forum -

Sorry if this is a noob question but I have a general one. i would like an entire series of 3" vinyl figures and i think that buying a complete box is the best way to do this (rather than buy one at a time and see what i get). if you buy a complete box (containing 20 blind boxes) is it guaranteed to contain one of each character? or might my box not contain one (or more) of the figures? specifically i'm thinking of the new mega man 3" figures. Thanks for any info!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:03 pm 

Basically when you buy a case (box of 20, (sometimes 16, sometimes 25)) you will get duplicates.

You can usually find ratios online, which will let you know how many of what you'll get in each case. So if it says:
Blue Mega Man - 2/20, that means you're almost guaranteed to get 2 in your case of 20. If one figure has a ratio of 1/40, he is most likely to appear in every other case. And then there are rarer chases (the one that only a few people get in their case, due to rarity, and everyone chases after) that are sometimes 1/100, or can be ?/??. If it is ?/?? then it takes some math and example cases to figure out. You can pop over to the Mega Man thread (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=245448) and if it seems like everyone is getting one of the ?/?? ones, it might be a 3/80 or something. But if 10 people post their case results, and only 2 people got the ?/??, then it's gotta be pretty rare.

Allvinyls and Trampt are two great sites to use:
http://www.allvinyls.com/megaman.php
http://trampt.com (Trampt is a little laggy at the moment so for now you may want to use Allvinyls)

Anyway you will never find an entire series in one case. Unless it is an artist case. Artist cases are sent to the each contributing artist to the series and they contain every design. But I'm not sure who designed these, probably someone at KR, there may not be any artist cases. Here is an example of one:

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:01 am 

thanks for the prompt reply; which was excellent, and easy to follow. I was expecting a simple "No" or "Yes" so I appreciate the extra little bit. Maybe i'll buy a case and see if I can get most of 'em; then sell the extras i guess. I guess if i get either the yellow devil or helmetless mega man it would be considered a win.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:29 pm 

How much is a case? 11.99?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:42 am 

Epic wrote:
How much is a case? 11.99?

Each figure retails for $11.99. Multiply that by 20 or 16 or however many are in the entire case and there's your case price.

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:53 pm 

Hi! This thread made me wonder though...
1. If you order 20 blind boxes of one series from kidrobot.com (assuming there are 20 boxes per case), do you receive the entire sealed display or just 20 loose boxes?
2. Is there a discount for ordering entire cases? (I'm assuming no but it never hurts to ask, right?)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:39 am 

vicael wrote:
Hi! This thread made me wonder though...
1. If you order 20 blind boxes of one series from kidrobot.com (assuming there are 20 boxes per case), do you receive the entire sealed display or just 20 loose boxes?
2. Is there a discount for ordering entire cases? (I'm assuming no but it never hurts to ask, right?)

1. You usually receive a sealed case with 20 blind boxes inside.

2. There is no discount for purchasing an entire case.

I hope this helps!