forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm 

I wanted to check-out on Kidrobot.com only to find that international shipping now seems to be limited drastically to only Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, and Australia.
Is international shipping to the rest of the world coming back at some point, or is this permanent?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm 

ShizRobot wrote:
I wanted to check-out on Kidrobot.com only to find that international shipping now seems to be limited drastically to only Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, and Australia.
Is international shipping to the rest of the world coming back at some point, or is this permanent?

Hi there, Unfortunately at the moment KR only ships internationally to: UK, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Guam.

Our current international shipping service has unfortunately been discontinued until further notice. Many apologies for the great inconvenience! Let me know if i can try to help you locate a KR retailer which can accommodate you.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:16 pm 

Thanks for the quick answer.
I wanted to get the KR exclusive Wandering Misfits figure,
so I don't expect to be able to pick one of those up from
a KR retailer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:18 pm 

Again, apologies for the troubles. You can always hit up one of your fellow boardies to try and help you out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 pm 

You're a fellow boardie, right Guru? :rolleyes: JK, I'll have a look for the Kathie Olivas thread and ask around.

I do hope that international shipping will return to KR.com at some point though
and better than ever when it does; at least without those unnecessary
pre-charged import taxes, hopefully using an actual conversion from dollars to
euros, and maybe some slightly more reasonable shipping charges, and... and... and...
See, not asking a lot [-o< That is all :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:42 am 

:? just wanted to place my order... there is no retailer or seller from kidrobot stuff in austria. sucks! :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:03 am 

The international shipping from KR was very good, no problems in the past. Pity that we in Europe have to do it with the retailers which are more expensive.

Hope that international shipping not has been stopped due to complaints of the retailers loosing there clients when everyone buys there toys from KR directly during the discount periods.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:29 am 

The reason we stopped shipping to most international countries is because we were literally losing money on every international shipment we sent out. As much as we want to spread the love to other countries, we couldn't stay in business and continue to do this..

In addition, Borderfree, our international shipper, was absolutely awful to work with.. Constantly dropping the ball with customers packages, constant issues with communication/support, blatant disregard for any kind of deadlines.. They were absolutely awful. There are some customers that ordered during the holiday and STILL do not have their toys, you can thank Borderfree for that...

We are hoping that international retailers will start carrying more KR products so that they can be purchased locally and not have to be shipped halfway around the planet.. With that being said - if your local toy shop doesn't carry our products, have them contact Kidrobot and request our distributor info for their area! (CS@kidrobot.com) We have a few distributors worldwide that international KR retailers can buy gear from instead of us directly. It makes shipping a lot cheaper and then customers are able to buy locally instead of waiting for US shipments or super high shipping costs.

I hope this sheds some light on things..

Carry on..
-N

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:13 pm 

noeleaser wrote:
The reason we stopped shipping to most international countries is because we were literally losing money on every international shipment we sent out. As much as we want to spread the love to other countries, we couldn't stay in business and continue to do this..

In addition, Borderfree, our international shipper, was absolutely awful to work with.. Constantly dropping the ball with customers packages, constant issues with communication/support, blatant disregard for any kind of deadlines.. They were absolutely awful. There are some customers that ordered during the holiday and STILL do not have their toys, you can thank Borderfree for that...

We are hoping that international retailers will start carrying more KR products so that they can be purchased locally and not have to be shipped halfway around the planet.. With that being said - if your local toy shop doesn't carry our products, have them contact Kidrobot and request our distributor info for their area! (CS@kidrobot.com) We have a few distributors worldwide that international KR retailers can buy gear from instead of us directly. It makes shipping a lot cheaper and then customers are able to buy locally instead of waiting for US shipments or super high shipping costs.

Carry on..
-N

Thanks, this is a clear answer. Can understand the decission and hope that KR will find a way to reach there costomers on a sustainable way.

Kind regards,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:51 pm 

Is there any chance that these international distributors can get stock on or near to the actual release date?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 pm 

Thanks much for the clarification Noel!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:33 am 

so i will never again have the chance to get a box of boom cause i'm located at germany?!
It's so sad to hear this. I really hope that KR will be able to ship international again :(

Great deals with: conseptic, Flawtoys, turbobert, Kapi, alffx, jollybungle, dounos, Teimaru, Graf-Toyz, fren, Crash Fistfight, Dickisonk, Slowmotion, TedBurner, SecurityGeek, kitman34, asta26, noname27, Rsinart, swedenhaus

special thanks to frankthefish for muling!
special thanks to Athyndir for helping getting an US-release over the pond! twice!!

Bad transactions: megaman333, ProjektSHIN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:36 pm 

Yes, many apologies for the great inconvenience! Perhaps a fellow boardie can help you out?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:50 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Yes, many apologies for the great inconvenience! Perhaps a fellow boardie can help you out?

perhaps next time, when the item i wanna have isn't a superlimited-only-25-box-of-boom ;)

Great deals with: conseptic, Flawtoys, turbobert, Kapi, alffx, jollybungle, dounos, Teimaru, Graf-Toyz, fren, Crash Fistfight, Dickisonk, Slowmotion, TedBurner, SecurityGeek, kitman34, asta26, noname27, Rsinart, swedenhaus

special thanks to frankthefish for muling!
special thanks to Athyndir for helping getting an US-release over the pond! twice!!

Bad transactions: megaman333, ProjektSHIN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:33 pm 

noooooooooo this is terrible news :(

BOUGHT FROM
Oicyu8chu - AUG 2015
GFD18- feb09
Aid1987- feb09
NinJaSkills - feb09

============================
ebay eriko411
Trampt.com/eriko411

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm 

:( Yes, apologies for the inconvenience... You can use the KR retailer locator at kidrobot.com to help you out as the list is constantly getting updates!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:44 pm 

Holy moly! Out of curiosity I wanted to see what the shipping rates to Australia are like.The price to ship two of the blister pack labbits to Australia was $260+ :cry:

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/arjybarjy/have

Great sellers: eonsorca, DeanoMeano, BoomBapClap
Great mules: Exforge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:52 pm 

Even to ship to the uk is like 100dollars for items worth 30dollars

Hope they sort something out or they will lose customers

BOUGHT FROM
Oicyu8chu - AUG 2015
GFD18- feb09
Aid1987- feb09
NinJaSkills - feb09

============================
ebay eriko411
Trampt.com/eriko411

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 am 

Our international shipping calculator should be fixed at this point.. I'm out of the office so I can't test it..

Carry on...

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:50 pm 

So, the shipping issue is indeed being work on and in the meantime there have been a few minor adjustments which seem to be a bit more realistic. Hope for more accommodating options in the near future to help folks out. I will be sure to keep you posted but in the meantime, peep the link if interested:

http://www.kidrobot.com/ShippingPolicy.html

Thanks for your continued patience people!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:52 pm 

noeleaser wrote:

Carry on..
-N

I am the CMO and Co-founder at Bongo International. I can understand your frustration and the lack of interest in looking to replace your previous solution. However, I have two suggestions.

1) We provide a US address to international consumers that want to purchase your goods. They can go to http://www.BongoUS.com to set up a free account.

2) We are a direct competitor to Borderfree and would be happy to have a conversation with you about your frustrations. To shed some light on this, we provide a cost free solution (meaning, there are no minimums, no commissions or rev shares, and no rebilling processes). Additionally, we ship all of our orders with Fedex. Therefore, all shipments are fully trackable and delivered around the globe in 2-7 days on average.

If you have interest in a conversation or looking for an alternative, we would love to have a conversation with you.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:12 am 

I just wanted to say well done to KR for cutting Borderfree loose and using UPS :partyman:

My order from the first sale got to Australia super fast! The shipping rates are reasonable given the quick delivery and that it's travelling halfway around the world. I've been one of the people who have whinged in the past about KR's international shipping so I just wanted to give you some kudos :rock:

Hopefully some other shipping options become available soon for those located elsewhere around the world who are currently missing out.

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/arjybarjy/have

Great sellers: eonsorca, DeanoMeano, BoomBapClap
Great mules: Exforge

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 am 

Excellent to hear for sure!!! KR is indeed working on bettering accommodations for internatiolnal customers around the globe!

Stoked to hear your're pleased!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:27 am 

$55 for standard shipping of a 5" dunny to the Netherlands. That can't be right..., right?

I wanted to get the KR exclusive pink Sekure D so can't order that somewhere else. But for comparisson, shipping for the Sekure D 5" yellow version at MPH is $25.

I order a lot online from all around the world but KR keeps being the most expensive to ship small items internationally. Are you stuck with a shipping forwarder that you can't change or just not interested enough to really look into international shipping?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 am 

I'm based out of the US. If anyone is eager to pick something up from the KR site, but the international shipping is a problem let me know and I'm open to helping out.

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure