Mules and stuff

SDCC 2014 is around the corner, so get ready! Here you can discuss everything SDCC!

Moderators: Kidrobot Guru, zonnie5

hands

Re: Mules and stuff

Post by hands » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:50 am

iliksprite wrote:I will be taking some mulling request I'll keep it simple
1) $25 per item plus item cost due before the con
2) you pay shipping cost

But the item I want is only $10 or its a small item. I don't care keeping it simple $25 per a item

If I cannot get the item you will be refunded
Any other questions let me know
Are you out of your mind? Ridiculous. You just don't get the meaning of muling for the forum members do you.
Might as well just call it selling than muling :roll:

Shauni55

Post by Shauni55 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:53 am

hands wrote:
2) you pay shipping cost

But the item I want is only $10 or its a small item. I don't care keeping it simple $25 per a item

Are you out of your mind? Ridiculous. You just don't get the meaning of muling for the forum members do you.

As someone who has hired mules for several years, this is actually a fairly decent deal. You're asking someone to spend their time and energy at the con so that you can get a TOY!. $25 is a good price. But hey, if you want to do it for free please let me know
Ryan172 wrote:
IgorVentura wrote:100% yes.

I think when the guy in Brazil votes 100% yes, it's pretty safe to say that you can close the polls.

FREE Bomb Cat Giveaway
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=248951

ironchap

Post by ironchap » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:19 am

Sorted! :)
Last edited by ironchap on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cerealwarz

Post by cerealwarz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:46 am

hands wrote:
2) you pay shipping cost

Have you ever been to a major con like sdcc and try to buy stuff for yourself? If you haven't please stop talking. The lines and people are insane. If you do not have an exhibitor badge to get on the floor early you are completely screwed on preview night with certain companies. Hasbro's line is usually filled before the general public get in. If I went this year an exhibitor badge would of cost $250. Then I would of had to purchase a regular badge for preview night and thursday for the places that do not let dealers buy until sunday.
Good deals with: djtomain, meanmistert, RaiderinNY, Bender, 3Acollector, civ743, dieselbouy, unkle77, tedmcintyre, tattooed jester, syx, rosstamicahdesign, zombiekittens, jaysapathy, A2G, misterbear04, DirtyDiva, swish41,AlexandreLeblanc Quest_Ion and many more

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=247472
Items for sale

BOOKER73

Post by BOOKER73 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Need a mule for the JLED "Good Morning Sunshine"LAVA edition...please let me know.
Great Transactions History with: mANNEe, mylzbigglee13, mistachael, thndrstrk, yanksb11, MADCOW, rundmb, ohiheartyoux, henry17s, 1V1ARTIN, pdotcool, GiulioRobot, Vinylassasin, rosstamicahdesign, phildren2a, realtyguy808, Zhurrie, statusquo, frankmysterio, DFed, FAKIR, Soft As Sin, jus_sum_guy, luckyscrm, Fonzyau, Shibori, Rhapture, Dab City 2, jjoker1979, iamchristsao, Nicolicious, chrisosaur, samuraikiss, paul, consumption, stacyjean, KIDCANNON10, jfactor13, DREWBLOOD, toyJerk

My eBay Items | Online store | My Munny Customs | My Wish List

TO_designs

Post by TO_designs » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:15 pm

cerealwarz wrote:
hands wrote:
2) you pay shipping cost

Have you ever been to a major con like sdcc and try to buy stuff for yourself? If you haven't please stop talking. The lines and people are insane. If you do not have an exhibitor badge to get on the floor early you are completely screwed on preview night with certain companies. Hasbro's line is usually filled before the general public get in. If I went this year an exhibitor badge would of cost $250. Then I would of had to purchase a regular badge for preview night and thursday for the places that do not let dealers buy until sunday.
and not to mention if you dont like his muling rules then you dont have to bash them ...people spend tons of money just to get into this place and spend a lot of time just trying to find one thing ...if they are able to grab something super limited or sought after then i think $25 is a really fair deal for them being able to get that specific item ...if anyone is looking for stuff with huge run numbers just wait for the exclusives to be put up on the designated websites
Instagram! Follow me!

TRAMPT Collection

TRAMPT Artist Portfolio! Follow!

Customs for sale:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=193936

GSA/GBA:
150+ successful positive transactions!

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

Pending transactions: greggygreg, Frankthefish, hitechkoolaid

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:28 am

funny

ive been helping folks out for 10 years getting stuff. I never ask a fee.
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

hands

Post by hands » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:52 am

halfapparition wrote:funny

This! :rock:

patrick40

Post by patrick40 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:13 pm

So awesome :partyman:
great transaction : nerps-mistachael-don-p-smoke_belch
Sekure-D-lilmyk-gonedaddyfinch-bigbad99-DrewBlood-Kingcrt-zonrboy
-hellscrape-bcundall-Mister Chow-Greeny220 -vinyladdict-[n/a
[/color]

My wand thread :
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=237614
my collection :
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=182623

the MASCOT BLOG
http://kidrobotmascot.blogspot.com/

my toys : http://rotocasted.com/patrick40/

Shauni55

Post by Shauni55 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm sure a lot of appreciate that, and I have a lot of respect for you Half. But I don't think anyone looking for a mule, should EXPECT someone to do it for free. If it turns out that way great, but I would certainly never ask anyone to take time out of what should be a vacation (Unless they're signing or a vendor) to buy something for me.
Ryan172 wrote:

I think when the guy in Brazil votes 100% yes, it's pretty safe to say that you can close the polls.

FREE Bomb Cat Giveaway

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Shauni55 wrote:

I'm sure a lot of appreciate that, and I have a lot of respect for you Half. But I don't think anyone looking for a mule, should EXPECT someone to do it for free. If it turns out that way great, but I would certainly never ask anyone to take time out of what should be a vacation (Unless they're signing or a vendor) to buy something for me.
yeah sometimes folks tip and sometimes they don't.
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Shauni55

Post by Shauni55 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:29 pm

halfapparition wrote:
Shauni55 wrote:

yeah sometimes folks tip and sometimes they don't.

If it were a friend, or if I had muled in years past (which I haven't) I may feel differently. But you are providing a service to me, and what I always ask myself before finding a mule is "How much extra is what I want worth?". I prefer to trade for muling services but that's just me.
Ryan172 wrote:

FREE Bomb Cat Giveaway

patrick40

Post by patrick40 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:57 pm

I would also give a tip or something !? Because i can't go there , and don't have to pay for tickets and stuff !
great transaction : nerps-mistachael-don-p-smoke_belch
Sekure-D-lilmyk-gonedaddyfinch-bigbad99-DrewBlood-Kingcrt-zonrboy
-hellscrape-bcundall-Mister Chow-Greeny220 -vinyladdict-[n/a
[/color]

My wand thread :
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=237614
my collection :
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=182623

the MASCOT BLOG
http://kidrobotmascot.blogspot.com/

my toys : http://rotocasted.com/patrick40/

Jfactor

Post by Jfactor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Looking for a mule for:

Mishka - The Incredible Eye
Retail - $50
Super7 Booth #4945

and someone who I send my sketchbook out to and get doodles for me :)

Please lemme know! I will tip nicely for your time and efforts!! :)

Shauni55

Post by Shauni55 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am

This edition of 125 pieces* will be available for $135 each (sales tax included), limit one per customer/household and available only at Squibbles Ink + Rotofugi Booth #5248. Fifteen pieces will be available per day, first come first served for each day of the convention, including preview night.
Looks like this just got a hell of a lot harder
Ryan172 wrote:

FREE Bomb Cat Giveaway

paul

Post by paul » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:01 pm

cerealwarz wrote:Have you ever been to a major con like sdcc and try to buy stuff for yourself? If you haven't please stop talking.
I've muled for years, and if someone is asking for a $25 "fee" up front, they're flipping. Don't get me wrong. Muling is hard work and shouldn't be done for free, but the proper courtesy is to leave the tip open-ended. Ironically, you'll make more money that way. You'd be surprised how generous people are when you give them the opportunity. The few who tip poorly will be made up for (and then some) by the generous ones. And you'll have a little extra money to pay your costs without looking like a twat. :D
www.allvinyls.com

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

stonecutterjeff

Post by stonecutterjeff » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:02 pm

paul wrote:
cerealwarz wrote:Have you ever been to a major con like sdcc and try to buy stuff for yourself? If you haven't please stop talking.
I've muled for years, and if someone is asking for a $25 "fee" up front, they're flipping. Don't get me wrong. Muling is hard work and shouldn't be done for free, but the proper courtesy is to leave the tip open-ended. Ironically, you'll make more money that way. You'd be surprised how generous people are when you give them the opportunity. The few who tip poorly will be made up for (and then some) by the generous ones. And you'll have a little extra money to pay your costs without looking like a twat. :D
I was considering doing a fee per item this year but I decided not too. I can understand why this member is doing it. I've muled items like a dunny and got a 30 dollar tip while I would go to 3 booths drop 300 dollars for somebody and get 20 bucks. Yes this happen last year. I tell my people to tip what you think is best. And just hope they tip well. And if you don't like his method then you don't need to use him.

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

herculesmolecule

Post by herculesmolecule » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:51 am

paul wrote:
Couldn't have said it any better. So true.

herculesmolecule

Post by herculesmolecule » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:51 am

stonecutterjeff wrote: I was considering doing a fee per item this year but I decided not too. I can understand why this member is doing it. I've muled items like a dunny and got a 30 dollar tip while I would go to 3 booths drop 300 dollars for somebody and get 20 bucks. Yes this happen last year. I tell my people to tip what you think is best. And just hope they tip well. And if you don't like his method then you don't need to use him.
Totally righteous. That's how should be done =D>

geescube

Post by geescube » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Shauni55 wrote:
zonnie5 wrote:
Shauni55 wrote:PS if anyone can grab me the Hannibal Funko pop I'd be very thankful, not that big of a deal quite honestly but I assume the Funko line won't be INSANE *Knock on wood*. I could be wrong.
Yes u r wrong lol. The funko line gets capped really quickly. I have a feeling it'll be even worse this year.
Amazing, I hate funko but love Hannibal. Never mind then, really isn't worth it to me :D thanks for the info

Yes and this year Funko and Toy tokyo may be combining booths. So i agree that itll be outta hand super fast this year.

http://Www.geminicollectibles.com and http://Www.fugitivetoys.com will have the sdcc funko exclusives on their sites!

Also, Im sorry if the links arent allowed. Just kindly tell me and I will remove.
Great Sellers: CasperNY, VapDee, RayMan28, cRease, Exforge, Pezhead23, djgodsendconspire, SecurityGeek, kitman34, Freakinkram88, Gokou105, Smacks, Babyfreak6, greggygreg, turdhole,
Great Buyers: Shauni55, Ghost, bluechris1006 (intnl), blooddunny (intnl), LOADHOLT, shrubs
Great Traders: kmurray707
Great Mules: endo24

geescube

Post by geescube » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Is anybody braving the Bandai line?

Booth #121

Limited Edition Legacy Dragon Dagger

$150.00 1000 pieces

And

Limited Edition Tokyo Vinyl Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Green Ranger

$25.00 1000 pieces

Kindly let me know. Ill be attending so I can pick up there. Just dont feel like braving the lines. Would definitely consider trading muling services.
Great Sellers: CasperNY, VapDee, RayMan28, cRease, Exforge, Pezhead23, djgodsendconspire, SecurityGeek, kitman34, Freakinkram88, Gokou105, Smacks, Babyfreak6, greggygreg, turdhole,
Great Buyers: Shauni55, Ghost, bluechris1006 (intnl), blooddunny (intnl), LOADHOLT, shrubs
Great Traders: kmurray707
Great Mules: endo24

El Far

Post by El Far » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Honestly for you guys seeking mules it's just better to just buy it on eBay or Amazon. There's no hassle for you and no arguing over "you're a flipper this" or "you're a flipper that". For people looking for the Red Squadt try finding someone that will camp out and fall in line within minutes of the convention floor opening for free espcially with an allocation of 15 pieces a day.

Shauni55

Post by Shauni55 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:49 pm

El Far wrote:Honestly for you guys seeking mules it's just better to just buy it on eBay or Amazon. There's no hassle for you and no arguing over "you're a flipper this" or "you're a flipper that". For people looking for the Red Squadt try finding someone that will camp out and fall in line within minutes of the convention floor opening for free espcially with an allocation of 15 pieces a day.
I have 3 people doing it for me, $25 a piece, if you can find me one on the bay for $25 over retail please let me know ;)
Ryan172 wrote:

FREE Bomb Cat Giveaway

El Far

Post by El Far » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Congrats to you. It doesn't happen unless they have it in hand remember.

hands

Post by hands » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

El Far wrote:Honestly for you guys seeking mules it's just better to just buy it on eBay or Amazon. There's no hassle for you and no arguing over "you're a flipper this" or "you're a flipper that". For people looking for the Red Squadt try finding someone that will camp out and fall in line within minutes of the convention floor opening for free espcially with an allocation of 15 pieces a day.
Made a second account just to make that statement :roll: