General Questions

SDCC 2014 is around the corner, so get ready! Here you can discuss everything SDCC!

Moderators: Kidrobot Guru, zonnie5

halfapparition

General Questions

Post by halfapparition » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Got one. Hit us up

from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

darika09

Re: General Questions

Post by darika09 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:36 pm

In general, if one was to be so lucky as to convince a fellow boardie to mule, what are some accepted reimbursements? Would want to be competitive but not taken advantage of :D
IG @swash_buckling_brian

TRAMPT
http://trampt.com/w/darika09

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

frankthefish

Post by frankthefish » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:36 pm

How can it be determined that my experience of consciousness is the same as anyone else's experience of consciousness?

darika09

Post by darika09 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm

^ lol
IG @swash_buckling_brian

TRAMPT

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

homerj

Post by homerj » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:37 pm

darika09 wrote:In general, if one was to be so lucky as to convince a fellow boardie to mule, what are some accepted reimbursements? Would want to be competitive but not taken advantage of :D
It all depends on what you want. Some stuff is limited per person, some is just limited in general. Find what you want and make an offer to someone. Don't be crazy with your want list or cheap with your offer and you should have no problems.
Good Buyers: Mongo Lloyd,buzzelightyear;jinu89,PJPVIV,OctavusOmen,starkravinmad, Scrow,chinadoll, Nothing371, Adultswim666,xeducatorx;enigmamgine;TO_designs;Hyper mite; shinobistinks,darika09, kamalau
Nothing371 wrote:Ebay sellers typically have much more integrity, reliability, and ethically higher standards than the people that gloat and taunt insider info on here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some people really need to get over the fact that people sell toys in order to afford new ones. I know. It's shocking. But it happens.

darika09

Post by darika09 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Thanks for the advice!
IG @swash_buckling_brian

TRAMPT

frankthefish

Post by frankthefish » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Also, during SDCC... don't send your mules a bunch of texts, emails, or messages asking for status updates.

TO_designs

Post by TO_designs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 pm

frankthefish wrote:Also, during SDCC... don't send your mules a bunch of texts, emails, or messages asking for status updates.
this would make me drop kick any and all boxes before i packed and shipped them out :lol:
Instagram! Follow me!

TRAMPT Collection

TRAMPT Artist Portfolio! Follow!

Customs for sale:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=193936

GSA/GBA:
150+ successful positive transactions!

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

Pending transactions: greggygreg, Frankthefish, hitechkoolaid

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:51 am

as an SDCC mule for the last 3 years myself, I've run a pretty awesome line of communication and usually texts people letting them know I got their stuff. But I would not be thrilled if I had people bugging me if I got their stuff.

What people that haven't been to the con need to know is with +125K extra people in a very small area, cell reception is pretty bad. If you are inside the convention, 3g/4g is almost nonexistent. So emails, picture messages don't come through in a timely manner. Sometimes even a text message is hard to get through.

>this is not an invitation to start PMing me to mule stuff. That time will come in 2-3 months<
sales thread viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

stonecutterjeff

Post by stonecutterjeff » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:38 pm

i have muled for the last two years. i try and not give out my cellphone unless i have muled for them in the pass. for payment I usually let the person decide. I usually say 20% be nice but give me what you think is right. Ive got 30 dollars from people for picking up the kidrobot dunny to only getting 20 bucks from people who i had to go to different booths and get a few items. those people dont get invites for the next year.

and woah sdcc 2014 thread has started early. this usually goes up a few weeks before not 3 months before

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:16 pm

I got it made so we can start early
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

chaps0691

Post by chaps0691 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Hey Halfapp, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but thought I should ask any way
Is there any way at all to transfer tickets? My mom and I were lucky enough to get tickets but then we were forced to cancel our trip due to some personal issues that came up. Even more unfortunately I'm sick and can't do a quick trip out there to pick up our tickets and pass them on to somebody. It seems pretty clear that there isn't a way to transfer but if you did know of one all I want to do is a help a fellow boardie or two out. Let me know
Great Transactions: Jfactor13 x2, Stabitha Snarl, drummerboy2, oicyu8chu, wouldhurtafly, kidglasgow, kitman34, malac_cj, neeonfox, nothing371, dxjock, merlin, venomAT, spoka13

http://trampt.com/users/chaps0691/have

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:21 pm

due to the fact that you cannot change the name on the badge and only the badgeholder can pick up said badge, I'm thinking no. Someone might have some other knowledge about this. I can only think of maybe trying to call cci and get pull the legitimate sympathy card and get a refund (not transfer)
sales thread viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

El Far

Post by El Far » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:25 pm

They won't transfer it this late into the game. You won't be able to get a refund either.

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:40 pm

chaps0691 wrote:Hey Halfapp, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but thought I should ask any way
Is there any way at all to transfer tickets? My mom and I were lucky enough to get tickets but then we were forced to cancel our trip due to some personal issues that came up. Even more unfortunately I'm sick and can't do a quick trip out there to pick up our tickets and pass them on to somebody. It seems pretty clear that there isn't a way to transfer but if you did know of one all I want to do is a help a fellow boardie or two out. Let me know

sadly you wont be able to.
sorry
from SKET

chaps0691

Post by chaps0691 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Thanks man, I understand the policy is designed to stop resale I just wish there was a way to return them or something
Great Transactions: Jfactor13 x2, Stabitha Snarl, drummerboy2, oicyu8chu, wouldhurtafly, kidglasgow, kitman34, malac_cj, neeonfox, nothing371, dxjock, merlin, venomAT, spoka13

http://trampt.com/users/chaps0691/have

stonecutterjeff

Post by stonecutterjeff » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:55 pm

chaps0691 wrote:Thanks man, I understand the policy is designed to stop resale I just wish there was a way to return them or something
Contact them. I know it's a week before con but two years ago I had planned to go with a friend and she couldn't go due to work. And I emailed them and told them she couldn't get off work and they actually gave me her ticket money back. It was probably 2 weeks before con. You never know what a email could do.

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys