forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC Dunny 2013
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:27 am 

paul wrote:
He's guessing, just like the rest of us. It's not a confirmation.

SpankyStokes confirmed it - thats what he said…

?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:32 am 

Kozik personally said 7" so im going with that since ya know its his toy...

I have MULED for: clevetheripper, j0nwalsh, hu80, nameBRAND, rice_money, krash, broke4toys, HiJakk, ern3stoo, tron, f-cat20, NinJaSkills, ejholmes30, miami, merlin, hova, caswuun, and so many others...

Good transactions: SNEAKERHEAD1206, iliksprite, FericFanatic, oberon1128, tealady. yanksb11, buttoneyestoys, NinJaSkills, eghatch93, hellscrape, SigNewton, Neebles, mmmbraaains, etc
Bad Transactions: cut&pace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:43 am 

I forgot how big it is but with only three hundred, it will be fun to get a wristband

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 am 

mutantshark wrote:
Kozik personally said 7" so im going with that since ya know its his toy...

Oh i see. I was trusting spanky but if kozik said it - it must be true!!

we'll see i guess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:18 pm 

halfapparition wrote:
The # made on the Mishka and Dunny are gonna be a pain :(

True. The retail colorways should ease the pain for most though.

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:28 pm 

In any of your guys' previous sdcc dealings...do you recall kozik havin the kr exclusives at his booth as well?

His FB specifically states where the items will be released but i was just wondering if he gets a stash to sell as well.

Thx

Great Mules: endo24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 pm 

geescube wrote:
In any of your guys' previous sdcc dealings...do you recall kozik havin the kr exclusives at his booth as well?

His FB specifically states where the items will be released but i was just wondering if he gets a stash to sell as well.

Thx

with it being in the kidrobot picture it will be at the kidrobot booth. last year the chuckboy labbit was at kidrobot booth

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:43 pm 

Mongo Lloyd wrote:
halfapparition wrote:
The # made on the Mishka and Dunny are gonna be a pain :(

True. The retail colorways should ease the pain for most though.

I like the sdcc ones though.

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:28 pm 

mikashroom wrote:
SpankyStokes confirmed it - thats what he said…

?

From the blog post:

"and what would this post be without a little speculation on our part."

"So, this is what we think the releases are"

"Time will tell if we are correct on these guesses"

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:04 pm 

I like when people think Spanky is an official source of some kind. No offense to he and the other staff, but just like other blogs it's mostly speculation, and everything is usually behind when things are already posted straight from the artists on social media.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:37 am 

(nice dream) wrote:
I like when people think Spanky is an official source of some kind. No offense to he and the other staff, but just like other blogs it's mostly speculation, and everything is usually behind when things are already posted straight from the artists on social media.

Spanky gets promo images early, but cant post till he is allowed.

http://www.drils.com
http://www.flickr.com/drilone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:44 pm 

drilone wrote:
(nice dream) wrote:

Yes and sometimes he posts fake information on purpose, which I don't agree with. Case in point Purple Kronk. He knows more about all of this stuff monthes in advance, just all usually has a cant post about it til this date sort of thing.

Artists are so flakey. It astounds me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:05 pm 

luckyscrm wrote:
drilone wrote:
(nice dream) wrote:

Yes and sometimes he posts fake information on purpose, which I don't agree with. Case in point Purple Kronk. He knows more about all of this stuff monthes in advance, just all usually has a cant post about it til this date sort of thing.

but but it is fun to f.uck with you flippers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:20 pm 

after a short communication with kidrobot. i have a feeling that the zombie bart will be coming out during the simpsons panel. which im sure the zoidberg will also be coming out during the futurama panel. im sure im the only person this will affect. because i cant miss a simpsons panel. if this is true, i maybe done with kidrobot.

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:52 am 

stonecutterjeff wrote:
after a short communication with kidrobot. i have a feeling that the zombie bart will be coming out during the simpsons panel. which im sure the zoidberg will also be coming out during the futurama panel. im sure im the only person this will affect. because i cant miss a simpsons panel. if this is true, i maybe done with kidrobot.
if

If true that's extremely poorly set up... It's actually giving flippers an advantage and forcing true fans to pick between a panel with the creators of their fav shows or a vinyl of said show.... Please don't be true I want to think this was thought of as these are the official licenses of KR

VapDee/spoileralert, MattPower, DannyWilkes, Mightygrinch, nonamer, Scrow, Dupper, starkravinmad, Nothing371, Rageous, MPeck86, MightyGrinch, skull boy, xbtran, therealchinaman, Freakinkram88, Crash Fistfight, JFactor, hypnotiq, brai aka slacker370z, Chamber37, syx, si41872002

Wants:
World hunger to be over

TRAMPT http://trampt.com/users/Ak4play/info

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:32 am 

Ak4play wrote:
stonecutterjeff wrote:
if

If true that's extremely poorly set up... It's actually giving flippers an advantage and forcing true fans to pick between a panel with the creators of their fav shows or a vinyl of said show.... Please don't be true I want to think this was thought of as these are the official licenses of KR

Yea I agree. I just sent them a email about last year and how I was upset when they did the second wave of golden Buddhas on the day of the panel. And I missed out on them and if this year, if they could make sure the zombie Bart was not on Saturday. And they said was the schedule is set and sorry for the inconvence. So sounds like it will be sat. But I saw a 8 inch zombie Bart preorder pop up on some sites. So it may not be a exclusive. Only time will tell. But still hurts the futurama fans then.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 am 

They sold gold Buddhas every day last year. Just have a friend grab one while you save their place in line for The Simpsons panel.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:18 pm 

Yea both the Zombie Bart & Zoidberg are up on the site (coming soon)

Great transactions: nuj0iz, blindboxx2334, Manzel, VapDee, turdhole, stilspinin, APsychoCareBear, dtrain, Dab City 2, killbunny, zmigol, dimply_gecko, Ghost, dopevinyl, cea, BGCartoonology, Tesio, paul, Mongo Lloyd, TyresOFlaherty, el_scorcho, DBAS, pwimrbarnes, tanacharison, therealchinaman, wouldhurtafly
Smooth trades: sinbad77
Looking for:Minions - Despicable Me, Tron Stitch, Coarse, Mindstyle Disney Alien Invasion, Endangered Dunnys Touma & Kozik, Cheshire Cat x Span of Sunset - Haunted Mansion Ed. & Opening Day. Anything Frankenweenie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:26 pm 

Treblemdk wrote:
Yea both the Zombie Bart & Zoidberg are up on the site (coming soon)

not SDCC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:11 pm 

So the pic of the Labbit - is that a wing?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:27 pm 

mikashroom wrote:

Venom's tongue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:40 pm 

Ak4play wrote:
mikashroom wrote:

Venom's tongue

? do you mind explaining? sorry :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 pm 

hahaha whats the question bro? Go look up venom on google. You'll see he's got quite the tongue. ;P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm 

geescube wrote:
hahaha whats the question bro? Go look up venom on google. You'll see he's got quite the tongue. ;P

+1

Then zoom in ull see the stylized eyes of venom as well

I was just thinking to myself why would Disney vinylmation give out the Marvel licences... In any event while I know these will be cool, I come from collecting Marvel stuff and as themes for KR unless this partnership is 2 years at the most I see this creating a lot of initial buzz with a big drop off.... The question is will the converts outweigh the watering down of this brand. Or will these unlike most Marvel collars being in a butt load of anal collectors that go from bag and boarding comics to building display cases n customs.... If that happens Disney will yank the license and pump out that Disney vinylmation bs

Not buying any Marvel KR but will be paying attention to this trend fo sho... Very intriguing I'd say

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:44 pm 

I too am a marvel junkie (kinda) but i believe i will be staying away from these with a few small exceptions being a few marvel mini labbits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next