The new Cultyard layout

It's that time again! SDCC 2013 is around the corner, so get ready! Here you can discuss everything SDCC!

Moderators: Kidrobot Guru, zonnie5

halfapparition

The new Cultyard layout

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:59 am

From late last year. I just saw the new list and basically the same, with a couple changes I think on vendors or so

http://www.vinylpulse.com/2012/11/new-s ... ayout.html

from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

666ways2love

Re: The new Cultyard layout

Post by 666ways2love » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:45 pm

I really don't like how we've been pushed to the back
sales thread viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

geescube

Post by geescube » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Very handy! I like that Mr.Kozik is relatively close to KR.
Great Sellers: CasperNY, VapDee, RayMan28, cRease, Exforge, Pezhead23, djgodsendconspire, SecurityGeek, kitman34, Freakinkram88, Gokou105, Smacks, Babyfreak6, greggygreg, turdhole,
Great Buyers: Shauni55, Ghost, bluechris1006 (intnl), blooddunny (intnl), LOADHOLT, shrubs
Great Traders: kmurray707
Great Mules: endo24

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:57 pm

I feel bad for the Munky King crew. They still can't escape the stupid crowds in the middle of the aisle at the WB

stonecutterjeff

Post by stonecutterjeff » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:10 am

already planning my path on the first night

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

mutantshark

Post by mutantshark » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:18 pm

I would like to see the cultyard more prominent like right in the front of Hall G or F (how do those fantasy armor and steampunk accessories get that spot??) and not the back but having a corner is nicer on some level: The video game crowds and WB wont filter through our aisles as much. Even MK is at least on the side of WB instead dead front and center. BUT less foot traffic could also mean less sales for smaller vendors who arent relying on exclusives. We will see, SDCC is like as living beast, constantly feeding on the souls of fanboys & growing larger every day.
My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=190804
Looking for: Big Sal (Orange or maroon), Kidpunk 1980 (DK/silver/pink), LA Series Chad Phillips "Hollywood," Kozik kaiju/sofubi (certain colorways)

I have MULED for: clevetheripper, j0nwalsh, hu80, nameBRAND, rice_money, krash, broke4toys, HiJakk, ern3stoo, tron, f-cat20, NinJaSkills, ejholmes30, miami, merlin, hova, caswuun, and so many others...

Good transactions: SNEAKERHEAD1206, iliksprite, FericFanatic, oberon1128, tealady. yanksb11, buttoneyestoys, NinJaSkills, eghatch93, hellscrape, SigNewton, Neebles, mmmbraaains, etc
Bad Transactions: cut&pace

Scary Andy

Post by Scary Andy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 am

mutantshark wrote:We will see, SDCC is like as living beast, constantly feeding on the souls of fanboys & growing larger every day.
. . . becoming less attractive as the years go by!

That said, the new layout looks great. Self-contained and away of the gaming craziness!

mutantshark

Post by mutantshark » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Unofficial booth changes:
DKE has slimmed down to 1 booth, loaning one to 3Dretro (to expand upon Koziks one that they took over last year) & another to Lulubell.

Also runor has it that starting next year half of Munky Kings booth will be run by BAIT
Looking for: Big Sal (Orange or maroon), Kidpunk 1980 (DK/silver/pink), LA Series Chad Phillips "Hollywood," Kozik kaiju/sofubi (certain colorways)

I have MULED for: clevetheripper, j0nwalsh, hu80, nameBRAND, rice_money, krash, broke4toys, HiJakk, ern3stoo, tron, f-cat20, NinJaSkills, ejholmes30, miami, merlin, hova, caswuun, and so many others...

Good transactions: SNEAKERHEAD1206, iliksprite, FericFanatic, oberon1128, tealady. yanksb11, buttoneyestoys, NinJaSkills, eghatch93, hellscrape, SigNewton, Neebles, mmmbraaains, etc

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:17 pm

already talking about 2014 :axe:

:lol:

roguerebel

Post by roguerebel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 pm

it is pretty nice that everything's come into it's own section. whether it be in the front or back doesn't really matter to me. imo, sdcc has become way too commercial and is not enjoyable as it used to be. dcon is up and coming now and it's cool cause there's no worries about the crowds at WB or capcom or any of that mess.

but staying on subject, i kinda like the new cultyard layout.

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 pm

I still think this has some tweaking. DKE isn't going to be that large this year. I think 3d retro is taking over a DKE block inbetween them and Kozik.

Also, seems like the cultyard is smaller than years past. Maybe it's that back row that is throwing me off because they are not in-line with everyone.

Hi-fructose seems to be missing :?:

mutantshark

Post by mutantshark » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi fructose is at the bottom row, in line with Toy Tokyo. This is the official map, theres def some "unofficial" differences. I agree it seems smaller but i think it is that back row messing with us

Attaboy

Post by Attaboy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:28 pm

mutantshark wrote:Hi fructose is at the bottom row, in line with Toy Tokyo. This is the official map, theres def some "unofficial" differences. I agree it seems smaller but i think it is that back row messing with us
This map isn't up to date. Hi-Fructose's booth will be hosted by Last Gasp this year. Booth number coming soon, but Hi-Fructose will not be in the cultyard this year.

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 am

Attaboy wrote:
mutantshark wrote:Hi fructose is at the bottom row, in line with Toy Tokyo. This is the official map, theres def some "unofficial" differences. I agree it seems smaller but i think it is that back row messing with us
This map isn't up to date. Hi-Fructose's booth will be hosted by Last Gasp this year. Booth number coming soon, but Hi-Fructose will not be in the cultyard this year.

So stoked on this.
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

mutantshark

Post by mutantshark » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:32 am

So who has your booth in the cultyard?? And can i ask why you dont want to be in it?