SDCC 2012 Stories

It's that time again! SDCC 2012 is around the corner, so get ready! Here you can discuss everything SDCC!

Moderator: zonnie5

Krobot

SDCC 2012 Stories

Post by Krobot » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:56 am

Anyone have any good sdcc stories to share so far for 2012? I remember last year some guy got jabbed in the eye with a pen in one of the panels.

andycap

Re: SDCC 2012 Stories

Post by andycap » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:08 am

Krobot wrote:Anyone have any good sdcc stories to share so far for 2012? I remember last year some guy got jabbed in the eye with a pen in one of the panels.

LOL i heard about that... yeah i def. want to hear some of stories that went on too.
[Great Sellers]: wingnut80(x3), Foxracing808, tk001, bcundall, krash, PoPoJiJo, xslowkillax, Amuse21, henry17s(x2), Yomi, Fonzyau, PhatBastard
[Great Buyers]: TO_designs
[Great Trades]: zeroangels
[Awesome Boardies]: DrewJ, ClarkR
[Big Thanks For Muling Services]: paul, mutantshark, rusty, AhhCheew

mercedes11

Post by mercedes11 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:16 am

Krobot wrote:Anyone have any good sdcc stories to share so far for 2012? I remember last year some guy got jabbed in the eye with a pen in one of the panels.

That incident was in 20120, not last year. Sadly a woman died in a freak accident Tuesday morning right outside the Convention Center. For wonderful stories I have to say that Kidrobot staff at SDCC was top notch with dealing with the constant whining and complaining and always stayed professional throughout. The same can be said for many of the other vinyl exhibitors at the show like Rotofugi, Munky King, DKE Toys, Squid Inks, Tokidoki, etc.

The people that I muled for will be extremely happy that I was able to acquire everything was promised other than the items that were cancelled by DKE Toys. Last day and can't wait for next year.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:18 am

what was the freak accident
You got a problem with Reptar? YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME!!!!-Adam DeMamp
successful transactions: Sale thread: My customs: my wants: My Collection:

JuanMazuera

Post by JuanMazuera » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:27 am

ianthegamer wrote:what was the freak accident

I read somewhere that a lady was running to form the line at the SDCC and she was hit by a car.
:|
Wish list:
Wilkowski / Fool's Paradise

Great Sellers: adik.na.chinoy, djgodsendconspire, DrewBlood, dopevinyl(x2), Erroneous, iliksprite, konfucious, Maki Maki, Masago15, nvs03lex, paul, RayMan28, realtyguy808, roguerebel, Shibori, tvdang, zonnie5
Great Boardies: ethygy, HOVA, MartinMtz702, Nicocato, NinJaSkills, Pause
Pending Transactions: -

DrewJ

Post by DrewJ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 am

mercedes11 wrote: For wonderful stories I have to say that Kidrobot staff at SDCC was top notch with dealing with the constant whining and complaining and always stayed professional throughout. .

The staff was awesome, Jed and Ryan (I think that was his name) were awesome. Ryan was super friendly even though most people were agitated. Jed was great, My wristband said 2:00 and it was 1:15 but I guess none of the 1:15 people showed up on time and there was hardly any line so he let me in early. That may not seem like much but that got me on the road back to Los Angeles 45 minutes earlier and showed a level of common sense that is (unfortunately) actually pretty rare from other booth staff at SDCC.

I have one HUGE gripe with Kidrobot at SDCC though....

You guys HAVE TO restrict selling the exclusives to Exhibitors. I'm serious. 99% of them are the flippers on ebay right now. One guy on ebay has 10 Hucks. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to have gotten 10 Hucks unless you were an exhibitor that was let into the Hall early and had 9 other staff members grab wristbands. There might be a few legit exhibitors that get screwed by this rule but seriously it just has to be the case of one bad apple ruins it for the rest.
DISPLAY CASES FOR SALE: http://4ty.co/TKqyyg
OTHER STUFF FOR SALE: http://4ty.co/Z0TaN0

Actual Size

Post by Actual Size » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:56 pm

DrewJ wrote:I have one HUGE gripe with Kidrobot at SDCC though....

You guys HAVE TO restrict selling the exclusives to Exhibitors. I'm serious. 99% of them are the flippers on ebay right now. One guy on ebay has 10 Hucks. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to have gotten 10 Hucks unless you were an exhibitor that was let into the Hall early and had 9 other staff members grab wristbands. There might be a few legit exhibitors that get screwed by this rule but seriously it just has to be the case of one bad apple ruins it for the rest.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Good transactions with: Chapper, jaxx, ianthegamer, bungholio, overrice, thndrstrk, Wilko1212, Dupper, hellscrape, PrincessofVinyl, HOVA, Taos, caswunn, kidrobust, mooshysushi, KillerVinyl
Generous boardies: reactor88, mooshysushi
Bad Transactions with: philzy85

My Dunny Photography
My First Dunny Purchase
My Trampt Want List
Wanted: Pink Sucklord

MillionsO_o

Post by MillionsO_o » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

The Mahakala Prosperity Dunny was the one thing I wanted most this year, and I knew it was going to be hard to get. In previous years I never had a chance to get any of the 8 inch exclusives. My friend offered to try and get a wristband for me since I don't normally get to the convention center very early. At 9:15 am on Friday he texted me and told me all the wristbands were already gone, and he was told to check back at 2pm. So we both went back to the KR booth around 1:30 to see if there were going to be any unclaimed Dunnys, and there was still a big stack of them there, so it looked as if I would have a good chance to still get one.

So while waiting near the booth Jed came over and asked me if I had gotten a figure yet, and I told him no and that I was just waiting to see if any leftovers were going to be sold. He then handed me a wristband that I think someone gave back to KR because they didn't want the figure or something to that effect, so I was able to buy one right away and have it signed by Bell as well. My friend who was waiting with me was there to help make sure I got a figure, he didn't even want one himself. We waited a bit for someone else I knew who wanted one, once we made sure he arrived to have a chance at any extras, we booked it and went to lunch. That person did eventually end up buying one of the unclaimed Dunnys, so I was happy for him, though it was after Andrew had already stopped signing.

I think it was good karma coming back to me because a couple of hours earlier I was walking outside the convention center and a man in front of me dropped his badge and didn't even know it, so I picked it up and ran after him to make sure he got it back, and he was very grateful. He was with his son, so it would have been a horror story for him to try and get inside the exhibit hall only to find he didn't have his badge.

Again, big thanks to JED and the rest of the KR crew(sorry I don't remember all your names) for being awesome, and I hope next year will be just as good.

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:54 am

All the booths had very very nice and polite vendors
EXCEPT
Mondo! they were dicks. They had good product and a lame way of tweeting the release when it happend and tweets werent always getting thru because of the network there being overwhelmed. Their security also was the only unfriendly security I encountered the whole con.

Dragatomi, Mk, KR, Hifructose, DKE, SawdustBear,Giant Robot = All amazingly nice for dealing with the nunchucks
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

nerps

Post by nerps » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:07 pm

This isn't a story. I just wanted you guys to see how tuckered out sdcc makes moss420. This was taken 3 minutes after driving away from the con.

He didn't even get to hit the bong
my wants on my trampt.com page in profile

Comedy Central knows about my back
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2011 ... rg-tattoo/

------------------ImageImage---------------

Mongo Lloyd

Post by Mongo Lloyd » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:10 pm

nerps wrote:This isn't a story. I just wanted you guys to see how tuckered out sdcc makes moss420. This was taken 3 minutes after driving away from the con.

He didn't even get to hit the bong

LOL. At least he had a good time (judging by the smile on his face.)

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

nerps

Post by nerps » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Na I'm pretty sure that's because he's. 1/4 tard

nerps

Post by nerps » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm

I got to me one of my all time favorite artist in the world

JuanMazuera

Post by JuanMazuera » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 pm

nerps wrote:I got to me one of my all time favorite artist in the world

WOW nerps!
Fantastic!
Congrats!
That's a nice story!
Wish list:
Wilkowski / Fool's Paradise

Great Sellers: adik.na.chinoy, djgodsendconspire, DrewBlood, dopevinyl(x2), Erroneous, iliksprite, konfucious, Maki Maki, Masago15, nvs03lex, paul, RayMan28, realtyguy808, roguerebel, Shibori, tvdang, zonnie5
Great Boardies: ethygy, HOVA, MartinMtz702, Nicocato, NinJaSkills, Pause
Pending Transactions: -

patrick40

Post by patrick40 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:49 pm

nerps wrote:I got to me one of my all time favorite artist in the world

wow man that's awesome !
great transaction : nerps-mistachael-don-p-smoke_belch
Sekure-D-lilmyk-gonedaddyfinch-bigbad99-DrewBlood-Kingcrt-zonrboy
-hellscrape-bcundall-Mister Chow-Greeny220 -vinyladdict-[n/a
[/color]

My wand thread :