Wednesday night lodging needed - tips, ideas, suggestions?

It's that time again! SDCC 2010 is almost here, get ready! Here you can discuss everything SDCC!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

jmonusko

Wednesday night lodging needed - tips, ideas, suggestions?

Post by jmonusko » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi, I'm looking for lodging on Wednesday for one person (me). Preferrably cheap, and with decent transportation options to the Con.

I have a few irons on the fire, but nothing particularly promising at the moment.

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, knows any good places to scout out for rooms, etc...I'd greatly appreciate it.

Successful Transactions: the_sentient, 250C, funnymunny, Mz59Fifty, sgr1000, rco, therealchinaman, nypedestrian, DiZiXtOiD, Kevbayer, Ryn, Shibori, BurymewithmyToys, Roach, Prophecy, genejo, coreyxc4, Nicedream, Mongo Lloyd, Eiji, mooshysushi, lediscode, DManTX, Spooky+, SUSAN2008, originalkaws, killerz4ever, Dieselfeast, mzkayDi

WANTED: Bunnywith a Banana Suit by Alex Pardee
WANTED: Shuttlemax (Classic, red, HK order of colorway preference) by Bill 'Billions McMillions' McMullen

jose2187

Re: Wednesday night lodging needed - tips, ideas, suggestions?

Post by jose2187 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 pm

jmonusko wrote:Hi, I'm looking for lodging on Wednesday for one person (me). Preferrably cheap, and with decent transportation options to the Con.

I have a few irons on the fire, but nothing particularly promising at the moment.

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, knows any good places to scout out for rooms, etc...I'd greatly appreciate it.

A little late in the game , i was offering a place to crash to any boardies that needed it but thats been spoken for . The hotels you are gonna find are gonna stick it to you pricewise. Camp out in your car might be the best option it's free and you can be near the Con.
Good Sell,Trade,buy: sonicnoise, whaaatah, =DuNnYnNuD=, mzkayDi,
johnnymu, jmf337,tunatuva, Stop_Stop_Stop,Liveat24fps,earthglass,
adik.na.chinoy, dunnydummy‚kano‚kidrobotny, lun3rst4r15, gmiddleswarth,
de Large,deadlemming, riddlped , bubblegumking , NSTNATE ,dunnymoney , HBCoffin,chronic,fplus , Trademark78 , lalolo,moosej24 , pause, snarebum
, drommerboy2

jmonusko

Post by jmonusko » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:20 am

jose2187 wrote:
jmonusko wrote:Hi, I'm looking for lodging on Wednesday for one person (me). Preferrably cheap, and with decent transportation options to the Con.

A little late in the game , i was offering a place to crash to any boardies that needed it but thats been spoken for . The hotels you are gonna find are gonna stick it to you pricewise. Camp out in your car might be the best option it's free and you can be near the Con.

Yeah, I realize its late. I wasn't planning to go at all this year, but when the resale tickets went on sale in late June I couldn't help myself and bought a ticket for Thursday. Since I can get my Thursday ticket on Wednesday night this year, it's now worth it to get to San Diego Wednesday night.

Car is option #1, I'm trying to figure out how early I can get into one of the local parking lots and not have to move my car. Priceline is option #2, although I probably can't get a room for a low price until that evening, so I'll be prepared to crash in the car if that doesn't work out.

So, I just thought I'd see whether there were any secrets or ideas I hadn't thought of, since I can keep trying for the next 5 days.
Successful Transactions: the_sentient, 250C, funnymunny, Mz59Fifty, sgr1000, rco, therealchinaman, nypedestrian, DiZiXtOiD, Kevbayer, Ryn, Shibori, BurymewithmyToys, Roach, Prophecy, genejo, coreyxc4, Nicedream, Mongo Lloyd, Eiji, mooshysushi, lediscode, DManTX, Spooky+, SUSAN2008, originalkaws, killerz4ever, Dieselfeast, mzkayDi

WANTED: Bunnywith a Banana Suit by Alex Pardee
WANTED: Shuttlemax (Classic, red, HK order of colorway preference) by Bill 'Billions McMillions' McMullen

hifructose

Post by hifructose » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:14 am

-Check out Campsites in the area!
-Check out the Youth Hostel we hear it is a fun time and safe.

rustedhalo

Post by rustedhalo » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:25 am

I've done the car thing 2 years now at comic con. Unless they've changed they start to check for overnight parked cars between 3-5am and you can go back in at 5am. This is for the actual Convention Center parking lot, not sure about other lots.

Also you can try driving a little ways out and stay along the trolley line. Some areas have free parking at malls or stadiums, then for $5.00 you can get a 1 day ride pass and take the trolley right down to the convention center to save on parking cost.

Also campsites and hostels are an option too I guess. I stayed at Campland on the Bay last year with friends for the whole week. It's up near Sea World about $40 a night. http://www.campland.com

zombiemonkie

Post by zombiemonkie » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:23 pm

car camping rocks! ive done it the last 2 years as well.
park out by the airport.... parking is free out there, its all day, and your right by the trolly.
save yourself the $$ and camp for one night
when theres no more room in hell...

check out my custom's:
Zombiemonkie.com

Twitter: @zombiemonkie

rustedhalo

Post by rustedhalo » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:04 pm

zombiemonkie wrote:car camping rocks! ive done it the last 2 years as well.
park out by the airport.... parking is free out there, its all day, and your right by the trolly.
save yourself the $$ and camp for one night

sounds like we were both in the same place. I spent most the time at the Dennys right down the street from the airport. had some breakfast and freshened up a bit in the restroom and I was good to go.

:partyman:

zombiemonkie

Post by zombiemonkie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:36 pm

seriously?? we should have met up and had a hobo party :)
i was showering in that dennys all week.... they looked at me crazy when i walked in covered in fake blood from the GWAR show
you car camping again this year??
when theres no more room in hell...

check out my custom's:
Zombiemonkie.com

Twitter: @zombiemonkie

rustedhalo

Post by rustedhalo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Haha, damn wish I had known. There was actually this one waiter there that told me he didn't mind me showering off in the bathroom and even told me that if I was gonna sleep in my car to park out where the employees park. He had a weird accent and I think he might of been gay, nicest Dennys waiter I've ever had.

This year I'm actually headed over with my mom. She wanted to take a vacation and visit friends(I lived in SD when I was a kid) so I'm taggin along and she's just gonna drop me off or I'm gonna take the trolley from her friends house where we're staying.

Car camping is a lot funner then one might think. I'm sure I'll do it again. :partyman: