Anyone worried about getting any releases this year?

It's that time again! SDCC 2010 is almost here, get ready! Here you can discuss everything SDCC!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

FilmArchitect

Re: Anyone worried about getting any releases this year?

Post by FilmArchitect » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:24 pm

I got screwed last year at a Luke Chueh signing/sketch
I look up and all of a sudden there are 2-3 xtra people in line ... Luke's hand started cramping up and he sketched for the dude right in front of me and then had to leave.

-----
Good Transactions:
djfohm, ChewieOK, Jables, mschulist, fantomas, Fiashly, stilspinin, lummage, Howdy, xxclandestinexx, tehlilone, Nutter, tallaballa, bluegreenkey, drybones, thndrstrk

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 pm

well for sure we dont want to screw anybody, i think we just want to make sure we are able to obtain one. Just lending eachother a hand to serious collectors in my opinion, instead of the little a-holes who will flip this crap.
good trade with carcrashheather, silviajdm,blackandblueNH, luckyscrm

Gunnzo.com Get your vinyl here

toga_2000

Post by toga_2000 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 pm

exactly. I just don't want what happened last year to happen again. I want a skullhead for my collection because I enjoy the design. I don't want some flipper to get it to post IN LINE the item on eBay or what have you. That's just ridiculous. These should go to collectors.
Good sellers: silentjay, lui, tron, artasylumboston, meatloaf, gawein
Good trades: Shauni55

tehlilone

Post by tehlilone » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm all for an alliance of some sort but I think I've decided to just let my bf head over there. I'd suggest finding out before hand which doors could get in fastest... maybe over wed, thurs, fri time how long it takes to get through each different door? I know there are multiple entrances... I've only once gone the back way and I ended up going down the wrong set of stairs and popping out over by pokemon in the 2000s but I know there's a door that opens a lot closer to the vinyl toy court or whatever they call it.

and haha I remember that guy posting on his netbook while we were all standing in line XD so friggin lame.

Anywhoo... here's a pic of my bf at the huck insane release in '08 so if you want you can chat things up with him and what not.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kidrobotru ... 603301295/
Ignore the flipper remark since I think he got my bf confused with someone that shows up at the NY releases that often wears Jordan I think?

I'm heading to the WB panel since I just can't miss news about Harry Potter, Green Hornet, and Sucker Punch... Sorry Huck Gee :(
:FOR SALE::WISHLIST:

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

iliksprite

Post by iliksprite » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 am

kind of worried with the new layout the "wall" that everyone talks about is now where WB is going to be at. its going to be very interesting to see how they handle the crowds

silviajdm

Post by silviajdm » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:41 am

I really want the AV Seahorse that is supposedly going to be released at SDCC, but I know it's going to go quick. I even emailed Amanda asking her if any one her stuff will be added to Switcheroo....

Big C

Post by Big C » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 am

Only 3 things I'll be bummed if I don't get. Pretty sure I have 2 locked down. I've already given up on the KR stuff. Huck would be awesome, but I've already put it out of my mind.

instagram: @big_c_art

https://www.facebook.com/BigC.artwork

GOOD BST LIST

My KR user name use to be
de Large

1v1artin

Post by 1v1artin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 am

eckotyper wrote:
halfapparition wrote:some vendors dont like people not in the original early line.
it happend to me before when a friend who doesnt colelct joined me to wait. the companies will ask who wasnt there and everyone is more than happy to acknowledge those that cut. and then no dice on wristband.

tell jemappellekat that

i still remember her allowing 5+ heads to cut right in front of me at DCON 09'... she was in front of me and suddenly theres 5 people in between me and her... shady crap...

funniest part is when i said something, ben from 3dretro sucks off and is like "its kat" MFER i gives a nunchucks who it is, i been doing this crap longer then her, and i wait my Duckling turn in line and dont allow fools to cut.

sorry just had to vent because that was some BS

lol, i remeber this happening. i think i was like 20 people behind you ecko. good times at 7am.. :partyman:

toga_2000

Post by toga_2000 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:38 am

hey so if anyone wants to meet up at the con tomorrow or Saturday morning to plan out our attack/work some strategy just pm me and we'll exchange numbers and what not. I have a feeling it's going to get beyond hectic...
Good sellers: silentjay, lui, tron, artasylumboston, meatloaf, gawein
Good trades: Shauni55

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 am

i think the running will be the most hectic.
Do you think Kidrobot could maybe have someother way of getting tickets? My girlfriend has been sick the past month with lung problems and really cant run. :doubt:

moss420

Post by moss420 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:07 am

Zero Mistro wrote:i think the running will be the most hectic.
Do you think Kidrobot could maybe have someother way of getting tickets? My girlfriend has been sick the past month with lung problems and really cant run. :doubt:

mine has a stroller and she will not hesitate to run you over with it on sat.. but she still wont get there as fast as someone who doesnt thank god they said they will be waiting til 10 to tell us where to get the wristbands!
LTB or trade: Anything Huck Gee especially customs and prints, supakitch, fatale-baroness, animal ride from pure trance Junko Mizuno
Good traders/Good sellers: Diakka dabuddha, bernieasf, apeboy, chrisosaur, dunkmax, UNCLE, JORDAN23, ace_of_trumps, luckyscrm, nstate, many more just ask! ROBBED BY: fail2evolve sorry but you did!
Always looking to buy sick customs
I have plenty of dunny's from most series for sale as well. Just ask me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moss420/
"It's like you're the Dopeman. You can smoke a pound in a single bound"-bubbles TPB
my colectionhttp://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2149512
"rhinos are the new monkeys!" ~HUCK GEE

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:43 am

yeah maybe the women should have a different shot at getting tickets. just doesnt seem fair to them