SDCC 2010 exclusive thread

It's that time again! SDCC 2010 is almost here, get ready! Here you can discuss everything SDCC!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

GREG_DEEZEY

Re: SDCC 2010 exclusive thread

Post by GREG_DEEZEY » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:30 pm

anyone seen lego releases?? I <3 Lego haha..

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:38 pm

GREG_DEEZEY wrote:anyone seen lego releases?? I <3 Lego haha..

they're on the latest toybreak. some pretty cool ones (i want the ghostbusters one!)
People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)
I would never deal with Art Asylum Boston or Jason Zenga. This is why.

How to Prep your Dunny (by Mezzn and Fail2Evolve) http://vimeo.com/24965810

GREG_DEEZEY

Post by GREG_DEEZEY » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:06 pm

you got a link.. i couldnt find it.. :( I might just be half retarded..

eckotyper

Post by eckotyper » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 pm

rustedhalo wrote:Hey nobody asked for your opinion, I'm just posting these up for a good friend. If you don't get it then move along. There's no need for negative comments. I'm sure they'll sell just fine. Steamcrow stuff always has, just putting it up since it's a SDCC exclusive and it's resin.

nobody did ask for his opinion, but he does have the option to speak it... no harm done, take his post with a grain of salt and move on to the next one

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:26 pm

anyone have any more info on Ron English's "Telegrinnies"...? Size? is it 2 two packs to make 4? or is the price for all 4?
Word!

takuto

Post by takuto » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Mendez wrote:
halfapparition wrote:advance release

OMG!

Yes...OMG me too!!! Lol

I missed out on the first one but this piece wow..I WANT!
WTB: Paws Rainbow!!
Michael Lau - 068 lazy prodig and Lazy Fatwest

Fantastic deals: sadistic spork, Aussietoyrama, joshua, Enderz, creaturion,Jackcuzzy, gamugamo

getupkid619

Post by getupkid619 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 am

SO STOKED ON ALL THE GREAT SH*T THAT SUPER IS GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH AWESOME STUFF! Going to be spending a grip!

Super7 has just launched their SDCC Website and might I just say, “WOW!”. They have a long, long, very long list of exclusives, debuts, and special events for their booth (#4729) through out all 5 days of Comic-Con. Available during preview night and the rest of the weekend will be the Bullmark Hedo Colorway Mummy Boy ($50), Pocket Mummy Boys ($25), Pocket Mummy Gators ($25), Burger Buns ($65), Mongolion ($65), Stomp ($50), Hood Zombie ($50), Rose Vampire ($30), Power Mister ($30), Big Sal ($30), Garuru ($30), Fire Robo ($30), Partyball ($30), Zagarad ($30), Steven The Bat ($30), Frankenfighter ($65), and Ghost Troopers ($65) .

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

They will have a special event on Thursday, where Circus Posterus will be taking over at 2PM. Brandt Peters, Kathie Olivas, Chris Ryniak, and Travis Louie will be at the booth signing and will be releasing some amazing CP goodies! Available will be Brandt Peter’s White Shadow Skelve ($150), Chris Ryniak’s Abyss & Dune Freyja ($100), “Indigo Fade” Jack & Lucky ($95), Kathie Olivas’ Masao Skelve ($200), and something secret from Travis Louie that will be revealed next week.

ImageImage

Available on Friday & Saturday will be a special 3 pack of figures featuring your favorite Monster Family figures. These will be available only during the artist signings. On Friday at 11AM Le Merde, David Horvath, and Paul Kaiju will be signing and customizing there Power Mister, Le Turd, and Party Ball figures. At 4PM Jeremy Whiteaker, Arbito, and Josh Herbolsheimer will be signing and customizing their Fire Robo, Patty Power, and Rose Vampire figures.

ImageImage
On Saturday at 11AM Bwana Spoons, Itokin Park, Brandt Peters, and Kathie Olivas will be signing for their Steven The Bat, Garuru, and Big Sal figures. Each of these three packs will run you $65 each. At 4PM Brian Flynn will be signing his SD Resin Doku Duo ($65) and Katope will be signing his Light Unpainted Green Drunk Seijin ($22).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/highvoltagemike/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=5453
Great Trades/Sellers/Buyers:
xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:30 am

anyone know if most booths will be excepting debit/credit? or i just going to have to bring a roll of cash?
good trade with carcrashheather, silviajdm,blackandblueNH, luckyscrm

Gunnzo.com Get your vinyl here

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 am

Zero Mistro wrote:anyone know if most booths will be excepting debit/credit? or i just going to have to bring a roll of cash?

some do and some dont so just ask
but many of them will hit u with tax if u pay with CC
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:43 am

Dang that really sucks, so its more recommended to bring cash then? grrr, every time me and cash meets, i tend to lose it, like literally drop it or something

tehlilone

Post by tehlilone » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:10 am

Zero Mistro wrote:Dang that really sucks, so its more recommended to bring cash then? grrr, every time me and cash meets, i tend to lose it, like literally drop it or something

Yeah it's really recommended you take cash. Although recently it's been easier doing CC transactions (such as the iphone app) so things may be different this year.

In the past it was always better since there was no tax/fees but the past two years I've been having some companies charge tax even when I pay with cash. The bigger companies now usually have CC machines and typically if you spend over a certain $$ there's no charge on your card or it's very minuscule so it's just not worth bringing cash. Cash usually is faster but like I said, with technology it's gotten waaaaaaaaay better dealing with cards.

If you want to be on the safe side, I'd bring at least half of what you expect to spend on during the day in cash. Find out which companies take card or cash and figure out what you want to spend where :)
:FOR SALE::WISHLIST:

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

tehlilone

Post by tehlilone » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:17 am

just1nj wrote:
FilmArchitect wrote:
just1nj wrote:there is a line at the booth, but the other 150-400 ppl wait against the back wall.

In regards to the exclusive Huck......
Is the 1-3pm time for the signing only? In other words do they start selling right when the doors open, first come first served and then you can come back @1 for sigs if you want too.
Also what is the run on the exclusives usually -- 1000 ? or fewer?

no idea.. i thought the 11am releases last yr were good. not sure why 1pm is the time now
with such a popular in demand dunny ppl are def gonna line up when the doors open.
youre basically gonna throw away a good 4 hrs waiting for the thing.

i believe there was a signing last yr at kr that was after the time they started selling. tell me if im wrong, but i think it was dephs fatcap or the visell/kozik labbit.

They actually changed it a few times from what I remember. They told us to come by in the morning and line up (so around 9:30/10am). Then they gave us wrist bands and said we could go run around if we're back by signing time. Then they said we could buy it if we were there still (starting around 11 or 12). In the Labbit's case, I believe a whole flat of toys went MIA during shipping so even if you got a bracelet I believe some people didn't get their toy at the end of the day. If you wanted it to be signed you could wait until the designated time, lined up, and you would get it signed (signing was at 1 pm last yr). If you came too late the labbits were all gone (due to some missing). If there are any unclaimed toys they usually went for sale at 4 pm or 5 pm... pretty much an hour before the exhibit hall closed.

the 1 pm signings is not a new thing :) and they changed their minds a lot so we always kept checking back every few hours
:FOR SALE::WISHLIST:

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:41 am

tehlilone wrote:
Zero Mistro wrote:Dang that really sucks, so its more recommended to bring cash then? grrr, every time me and cash meets, i tend to lose it, like literally drop it or something

Yeah it's really recommended you take cash. Although recently it's been easier doing CC transactions (such as the iphone app) so things may be different this year.

In the past it was always better since there was no tax/fees but the past two years I've been having some companies charge tax even when I pay with cash. The bigger companies now usually have CC machines and typically if you spend over a certain $$ there's no charge on your card or it's very minuscule so it's just not worth bringing cash. Cash usually is faster but like I said, with technology it's gotten waaaaaaaaay better dealing with cards.

If you want to be on the safe side, I'd bring at least half of what you expect to spend on during the day in cash. Find out which companies take card or cash and figure out what you want to spend where :)

thanks for the advice, its deeply appreciated

moss420

Post by moss420 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 am

Have the announced how much the Luke Chueh Black in white is going to cost?
LTB or trade: Anything Huck Gee especially customs and prints, supakitch, fatale-baroness, animal ride from pure trance Junko Mizuno
Good traders/Good sellers: Diakka dabuddha, bernieasf, apeboy, chrisosaur, dunkmax, UNCLE, JORDAN23, ace_of_trumps, luckyscrm, nstate, many more just ask! ROBBED BY: fail2evolve sorry but you did!
Always looking to buy sick customs
I have plenty of dunny's from most series for sale as well. Just ask me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moss420/
"It's like you're the Dopeman. You can smoke a pound in a single bound"-bubbles TPB
my colectionhttp://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2149512
"rhinos are the new monkeys!" ~HUCK GEE

superham

Post by superham » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:29 pm

most larger companies accept credit cards, but the smaller venues and artists generally aren't set up for credit cards. Occassionally I've had a laptop on hand for paypal transactions.

Tip, take out way more cash than you think you'll need because those ATM lines at the con can be very long.

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:41 pm

it just sucks really badly when i dont get my paycheck till the 20th, and it takes 1 night to clear my check so i can only take out whatever on wednesday morning!

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:32 pm

atta said it was ok so
Hi-Fructose SDCC Schedule
Booth #4939
Wed: Preview Night: rare HF back issues available.
Thurs. 2-4 PM: Two Hours with Greg Croala Simkins
Exclusive “Dinola” Wood Print (limited to 50 pcs)
4Pm Brian McCarty
Signing New Book “Art-Toys”
Attaboy
Release of New “Brine Queen" Watch w/giclee print by Vannen (limited to 40 pieces)

Friday:
11am: Jeff Soto: exclusive signing Seeker Exclusive & HF vol.16
12 Noon: Travis Louie w/ surprise (hopefully)!
1 Pm Ron English signing HF Vol.16
3 pm: Jeff Soto: Seeker Exclusive & HF vol.16
5 Pm: Bob Dobb w/Custom Tattoo Louies exclusive (10 Tattoo Louies)
Brandi Milne w/ 5 new Drawings
Plus a Milne/Dobb collab Louie figure custom and drawing!
Saturday:
11am : Jeff Soto
1-3 pm: Brandt Peters and Kathie Olivas signing
Black Skelv Exclusive (50 pieces)
4pm: Jeff Soto

Sunday:
12 Noon: Attaboy
Brian MccArty

Plus: 3 New Hi-Fructose Tees from Saur Kids!

Plus: a special showcase of prints from
the Pressure Printing Archives!
Featuring prints from: Glenn Barr, Jeff Soto, Attaboy, Scott Musgrove, Tony Millionaire,
James Jean, Jim Woodring. Todd Schorr and Mark Mothersbaugh that need to be seen to believed.

Plus surprises to be announced!
Connect via
Twitter: @hifructosemag for updates on release times
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

eckotyper

Post by eckotyper » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 pm

attaboy bringing some heat! hella jeff soto signings! get your black books ready!

pandabandit12

Post by pandabandit12 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:49 pm

you've got to be kidding me! I'm missing Greg Simkins on Thursday! :(

jemappellekat

Post by jemappellekat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:44 pm

The HF booth was one of my favourite booths to visit last year. So it's no surprise that this year will not be different... AMAZING!
If you want to know whether, or not, I am realiable as a buyer/mule... just ask for references... I have PLENTY.

BUMP ME

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm

im so glad that Croala will be at 2!! doesnt interfere with David Choe!! ahhhhhhhh its so hard to make decisions at the con!

pandabandit12

Post by pandabandit12 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Zero Mistro wrote:im so glad that Croala will be at 2!! doesnt interfere with David Choe!! ahhhhhhhh its so hard to make decisions at the con!

suuuuper bummed about missing craola, i'm a huge fan! Introduced my sister to his work and she got a piece of his for her first tattoo =]

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 pm

pandabandit12 wrote:
Zero Mistro wrote:im so glad that Croala will be at 2!! doesnt interfere with David Choe!! ahhhhhhhh its so hard to make decisions at the con!

suuuuper bummed about missing craola, i'm a huge fan! Introduced my sister to his work and she got a piece of his for her first tattoo =]

That is awesome

pandabandit12

Post by pandabandit12 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Zero Mistro wrote:
pandabandit12 wrote:

That is awesome

haha yea my mom didn't think so :lol:

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm

some hi fructose teasers
from SKET