forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: my comic con experience
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 am 

first off i have to say how much fun i had this year..... and i owe it all to NOT waiting in stupid lines for signings and toy releases.
honestly all that lineup and wait stuff was begining to kill me. so i just wondered, bought very little and had tons of fun at free partys and bars!
here are my pix

i saved money by sleeping in my car the ENTIRE week this year. it was tough but super fun... and the cop's didnt hassel me at all!

1st night: free gwar show... w an open bar! man did i get wasted!

ran into zander cruse at the show! MASTER CYLENDER PANTS!!!

12" stormtrooper customs. the one on the left is INCREDABLE and i would buy it this second if sideshow decided to produce one HINT HINT

night 2: boosh bash 09! the mighty boosh live in their 2nd US apearence....
THE ENTIRE reasion i went to con this year
outside wasting i spotted the crack fox:

bioshock 2 had an awesome display with tons of cool rapture items.... like this rapture records 8" you could actuatly play

at comic con even the bathroom graph is geeky! please note i didnt write this... i just though it was funny.

sat night: FREE kaiju big battle show.
giant monster cage match... what else do i need to say!

the return of pedro plantain at kaiju big battle!

an incredable zombie sketch of me... done by my good buddy johnathan wayshack

my bootie: i spent under $250 this year... which is by FAR the least ive ever spent at con!

last day at con... i dont think i look to bad after 4 days living in my car.... but man do i smell!

guess thats about it! what a great year
see everyone again next year!

check out my custom's:
Zombiemonkie.com

Twitter: @zombiemonkie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:46 am 

Thanks for sharing! \:D/

I loved your story line and the pics. So... who won in the "giant monster cage match?"

Your bootie is awesome :wink: lol. I see that you've gotten Gonzo and Sweetums! I am definitely aiming to get a Sweetums at some point. My favorite item that I have from the muppets would be the Swedish Chef Kitchen Deluxe Playset:

(stock photo)

I also have the hand-painted Seaweed Muscamoot Lake Monster. That was supposed to be thier second release, but came out first... and the Fire on Water version was supposed to be their first release, but came out second :rolleyes: lol. I actually had someone 'mule' the fire on water version for me, so now I have both \:D/ (but not the tribute version... :doubt: but that's okay :) )

So... what was the picture on Zander Cruse's Master Cylinder pants? I can't quite make it out on this pic, nor on the Frisky Dingo show...
Was he the most interesting character/person you met at SDCC, or was there someone even more interesting? :-k

Gargamel: Mibora

Great Transactions with: fplus; mister.g; Arcady; bamboozofunfair; signedbykozik; mistachael; brownpants; doughyboy; ADAPT; Lucifer, robadob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:02 am 

aw, man, i didn't see you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:41 am 

Yeah, sleeping in the car is awesome. I did it the past 2 years, this year got a camping spot. Wish I would of known you were doing the car thing I would of told you where to park and where the Denny's is with a large bathroom to change and take sink showers. Cops don't care, shoot there are homeless people laying down by the tracks right across from the convention. Saving money is awesome. :rock:

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:02 am 

halo: i think i might have stayed right where you were talking about... out by the airport 1 block back from the dennys!
not a bad place to camp.... except the walk into the con every day.
and yes i took more then 1 shower in the dennys bathroom.... got some very strange looks while i was washing off my gwar blood!

as for the mster cylender pants.... the tallboy can has a pix of taquile (sp??) on it
to freekin awesome!
and i got sweetums for a rockin deal of $10!

check out my custom's:
Zombiemonkie.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:08 pm 

Excellent!!!! :partyman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 pm 

Now thats camp in.
Way to go.

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:11 pm 

zombiemonkie wrote:
as for the mster cylender pants.... the tallboy can has a pix of taquile (sp??) on it
to freekin awesome!
and i got sweetums for a rockin deal of $10!

Oh man, you got Sweetums for only $10?!?! That's a great deal, good for you =D> Hopefully when I'll go to SDCC next year, they'll have an extra Sweetums for $10 along with the lobster banditos Swedish Chef :wink: (I want those lobsters, lol)

Gargamel: Mibora

Great Transactions with: fplus; mister.g; Arcady; bamboozofunfair; signedbykozik; mistachael; brownpants; doughyboy; ADAPT; Lucifer, robadob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:09 am 

I didnt even run into you once??? Well maybe thats for the better since you havent showered... I would have let you borrow my shower. Kaiju Big Battel did rule though.

http://www.drils.com
http://www.flickr.com/drilone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:46 am 

OMFG WAYSHACK!!! He's my favorite artist of all time, i've done so many projects on him it's not even funny. Talk to him a lot on the phone and online god am I jealous!!!!!!

I think when the guy in Brazil votes 100% yes, it's pretty safe to say that you can close the polls.

FREE Bomb Cat Giveaway
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=248951

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:46 am 

yah wayshack has been a great buddy ever since i found some of his art at a flee mkt. and tracked down the artist.
ive been bugging him for over 5 years now to draw me a zombie, and he totally came through!
defiantly one of the best artists i know.... and the most chronically under rated.
the crazy'st thing about johnathan is that he's such a nice normal guy. looking at his art youd' think he was some insane speed addict who just sat in his room obsessing over his art... but he's no where close.

check out my custom's:
Zombiemonkie.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:45 am 

zombiemonkie wrote:
yah wayshack has been a great buddy ever since i found some of his art at a flee mkt. and tracked down the artist.
ive been bugging him for over 5 years now to draw me a zombie, and he totally came through!
defiantly one of the best artists i know.... and the most chronically under rated.
the crazy'st thing about johnathan is that he's such a nice normal guy. looking at his art youd' think he was some insane speed addict who just sat in his room obsessing over his art... but he's no where close.

no youre totatlly right, he's just soooooooooo with never being satisfied with his work. He's an awesome guy, I was supposed send him my comics to be signed by him but never got around to it... >.<

I think when the guy in Brazil votes 100% yes, it's pretty safe to say that you can close the polls.

FREE Bomb Cat Giveaway
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=248951

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]