forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Super Fun @ SDCC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 am 

Don't know about everyone else, but I am having a great time this year. Meeting a load of ya'll is awesome. I wish some of ya'll had passes everyday tho! Lol.

Anyone else just having a fun time?

Last edited by just1nj on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:44 am 
:partyman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:58 am 

Hey Justin! It was nice to finally meet you man and thank you for allowing me to tag along with you, I really appreciate it. Too bad I had to leave early though because my brother was getting restless and all. But yeah, I am definitely going to be purchasing my four day membership early this time so that I can take part in all days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:21 pm 

hey; yeah i've had a blast this year.
and i haven't had really any trouble at all with toys yet...
i dont understand why everyone is complaining!

Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:40 pm 

I am having a great time! Feet hurt but it's worth it so far!

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:16 pm 

thank you
finally something good about the con :partyman:

FS THREAD:
viewtopic.php?p=1659179#1659179

WTB or WTT:
Brent Nolasco Gordo's (either color) or customs
Sours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:13 am 

Massages at the 5408 booth! Did wonders for my feet!

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 am 

We got everything we came for. I think next year our daughter will be staying at home with her grandparents, but other than that it was alot of fun. Yay toys!!

Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:56 am 

So I gromped this cute asian volunteer chick before I left. I got to do it again 'cuz it was cool, then she asked me to do one more time. Muahahaha, that totally sealed up the sdcc fun for me.

Oh ya, 4-day passes are 100 bucks @ the con right now. So maybe 125 when the go live to the public next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:41 am 

Don't you have a girlfriend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 am 

^ ya, so? it's all fun and games at the con. she didn't mind.

Post subject: 100% Agreed!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:09 am 

I had a great SDCC this year. It wasn't stressful or drama-filled. I thought for the most part all the vendors did a fantastic job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:21 am 

gromped?

Good Transactions with: poypoy, joeydzzle, the burger lord. chiefrocka, lychee, dieselbuoy, vinylwanker, nebulon5, zeeshan, deanomeano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 am 

glomp, whichever :) her sign said gromp, i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:47 am 

just1nj wrote:

Oh ya, 4-day passes are 100 bucks @ the con right now. So maybe 125 when the go live to the public next year.

Damn it I knew I forgot something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:07 am 

Just an amazing trip and experience. I enjoyed it and will be back for sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:44 am 
just1nj wrote:

Finally! I hope this will reduce the crowds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 am 

base wrote:
just1nj wrote:

Finally! I hope this will reduce the crowds.

Not likely...

I had fun for the most part, but I will be very careful as to whom I mule for and what next year...

And next year I will be better prepared...

But it was nice catching up with friends and such...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:43 am 

I had a great time at the con. I got evey exclusive I wanted and some stuff I didn't know about. I got to meet horvath which I was super excited about that. It was an excellent con and it was cool meeting some boardies.

As for the complainers you just have to know the hustle of comic con. They let 1 line in early everyday. That's the one you have to wait in also you have to go straight to that booth wih the exclusive. I was numer 54 for the lucky cat and i know there was every few exhibitors in that line.

My Collection: viewtopic.php?p=1357511&sid=023f238424909fe8104a298e0f14e2e8#1357511

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 am 

I had tons of fun this year. I got *almost* everything I was muling for people, and got everything I had wanted. I got to meet tons of great artists, and tons of awesome boardies (still laughing about Octopus being pissed at the zombie guy in the Big Sal line). Great year, can't wait to go again next year.

Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 am 

BakerTheZombie wrote:
I had tons of fun this year. I got *almost* everything I was muling for people, and got everything I had wanted. I got to meet tons of great artists, and tons of awesome boardies (still laughing about Octopus being pissed at the zombie guy in the Big Sal line). Great year, can't wait to go again next year.

Ha ha that was funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:51 pm 

I needed about 2 more days of SDCC to do more things. I didn't wait too long in any lines. Having 2 awesome friends with me this year was great. The past 3 years I've been on my own.

The drawing colab thing Andrew Bell was doing was awesome, I now have a creature colab done by Andrew Bell and myself. The O-no Sushi figures are great.

Meeting Kathie Olivas and Brandt Peters at the Big Sal release/signing @ Super7 was awesome. Got some cool sketches. The guys at Super7 are always great.

Met Chris Ryniak over at the Hi Fructose and got a look at his newest colab piece for the Misfortunate Travelers show which is bigger then I thought and freakin awesome. Got a sketch and a mini print, great guy. Also picked up a factory reject of the lake monsters at Rotofugi. I hope they find that lady that stole the Stitch custom from MINDstyle and shoot her in the neck.

Trying to get all the 9 promo cards was fun, I think I still need number 8. I still need to go through my swag bags.

ZombieWalk was a blast, my undead face is all over G4 now.

Robot Chicken Roller Rink party with Seth Green was cool. The double decker bus ride was a blast. The people up top all yelled the first time we went under a low underpass. Stormtroopers and Boba Fett grinding with some girls on the dance floor.

The guys at Shocker Toys remembered me from last year and gave me 2 free Mallows to customize and send back to them for another upcoming show.

Got to meet Eric Schrecongost and see the Nemoids in person and turns out he's a fan of my work and we talked shop and about the future of the Nemoids. Hopefully he was able to talk with DKE and we'll see these coming out soon. Until then the site is up and functional so go check it out http://nemoids.com

I didn't get to the KR meet n greet. I thought it was Thursday night and then when I found out it was Wednesday we were too beat from driving in that day and then preview night and then had to go get the camping spot. Kinda got lost on the way. My bad.

I was running around soo much I didn't get time to meet up with many people like I wanted to but I still had a blast and have no complaints.

See you guys in Pasadena in November \:D/ I will have a table and this will be a more laid back atmosphere.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 am 

me and hypekickz messing around..

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 pm 

rustedhalo wrote:
Trying to get all the 9 promo cards was fun, I think I still need number 8. I still need to go through my swag bags.

i think i have a number 8, if it turns out you don't. if you have any other card, i'll trade you, but if you don't you can just have mine. :)

bad transactions: sirimabadfisher

looking for: the good/bad/ugly set.
blue dalek diver.
nurse flash-it 8inch qee.
rotofugi house of liu set.
octane 3 house of liu set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 am 

i was absolutely high on life at SDCC! i had so much fun, saw so many awesome things, and can't f*ing wait for next year!

I'm gonna do it right next year cuz now i know what to expect, and how to prepare better =] I thought Sunday would be meh, but i was soooo wrong!

Wish i could've met up with some of u! i really wanna see other peeps pics! we should start a thread of fave photos =]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next