forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: KidRobot made us SAD
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am 

my wife and I have been big fans and followers for quite a while. We hit up the cats at KidRobot on preview night for the Jessup pieces. We were told they would not be available until his signing the following day. We show up to the signing an hour early and the kid in the back of the line says, "oh you're missing one important element." i say, "what's that?" He tells me I needed to get a wrist band that morning. I don't work in retail, but it's a pretty simple formula. Your customer wants to buy a product from you, so you tell that customer how to buy that product. We have been so devoted to this company and really into what they do, but how unprofessional can you be? We are so bummed and disappointed- not because we didn't get the Jessup's but because the KidRobot peeps didn't even give us a chance. Was is because I had a Rotofugi "Toy Nerd" shirt on? Anyway, I don't even know how to right this because i know they will come out with something else I'll really want and I'll probably just buy it- but that is the problem- the peeps at KidRobot know that and so they don't feel they need to extend the courtesy most vendors would generally provide.
Gripe
Bob

Post subject: Re: KidRobot made us SAD
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:32 am 

kimkebob wrote:
my wife and I have been big fans and followers for quite a while. We hit up the cats at KidRobot on preview night for the Jessup pieces. We were told they would not be available until his signing the following day. We show up to the signing an hour early and the kid in the back of the line says, "oh you're missing one important element." i say, "what's that?" He tells me I needed to get a wrist band that morning. I don't work in retail, but it's a pretty simple formula. Your customer wants to buy a product from you, so you tell that customer how to buy that product. We have been so devoted to this company and really into what they do, but how unprofessional can you be? We are so bummed and disappointed- not because we didn't get the Jessup's but because the KidRobot peeps didn't even give us a chance. Was is because I had a Rotofugi "Toy Nerd" shirt on? Anyway, I don't even know how to right this because i know they will come out with something else I'll really want and I'll probably just buy it- but that is the problem- the peeps at KidRobot know that and so they don't feel they need to extend the courtesy most vendors would generally provide.
Gripe
Bob

Stand in line. Most of us long-time boardies didn't get one. Some even missed out on the gold.

Bottom line: you win some you lose some. Their booth at Comic Con is run the same way every year. Research...

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:04 am 

I catch hell for saying anything against KR, but Agree 1000%. They have a goose that lays golden eggs here, and they are going to kill it...watch...

My Band, Ninja Thunderbolt :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfW8WtlV-Fg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:42 am 

quentdiggy wrote:
I catch hell for saying anything against KR, but Agree 1000%. They have a goose that lays golden eggs here, and they are going to kill it...watch...

I think SOME of the things you've been saying in the last few days are a little over the top. But it's not just you, it's EVERYONE! I dunno. Personally, if I didn't get it cause my mule couldn't, I didn't get it. No big deal. I'm not gonna cry about it or pout. We all knew these were gonna be all but impossible to get. One thing I'm not going to do is pay flipper prices. Maybe if others wouldn't either we could eliminate some of the flipping that happens. And I lied, I might pout a little. The gold is HIDEOUS ((I HATE anything gold)) and this one looks like my kitten, so I really wanted it.

The ONLY gripe I have about the Lucky Cat is that they gave out 50 - 100 wrist bands to vendors because Baroness didn't check the time. I think that she should have taken all the wrist bands back from the vendors, too, and saved them for the fans. It's not like they thought they were going to be stuck with any.

BUT! I also put fault on the vendors and Comic-Con in general. The vendors and organizers know that SDCC exclusives FLY off the shelves, no? As vendors, you should RESPECT the fans. As organizers, you should protect the fans and make rules that vendors CAN NOT purchase anything before the con doors open. PERIOD.

And QD, I'm not gonna give you sh*t. Just :heart: :heart: :heart: . You're expressing your opinions and just because someone doesn't agree with it doesn't give them the right to jump down your throat and call you names ((as I've seen)). Everyone has the right to express, agree, or politely disagree with opinions. But name calling on this board is so lame.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 am 

what about the vendors that happen to be toy fans too? i agree they shouldnt get anything early but if they are there when it opens and willing and able to stand in line..they should get one too..just cuz they make toys doesnt mean they can buy exclusives???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:55 am 

erikjorgensen30 wrote:
what about the vendors that happen to be toy fans too? i agree they shouldnt get anything early but if they are there when it opens and willing and able to stand in line..they should get one too..just cuz they make toys doesnt mean they can buy exclusives???

Sure, but they should have to WAIT like everyone else, not be the first 50 people in line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:37 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
quentdiggy wrote:

BUT! I also put fault on the vendors and Comic-Con in general. The vendors and organizers know that SDCC exclusives FLY off the shelves, no? As vendors, you should RESPECT the fans. As organizers, you should protect the fans and make rules that vendors CAN NOT purchase anything before the con doors open. PERIOD.

I use to work for Lego and lucky they protected the consumer in that regard. Since all purchases went through the system, if any item was sold before the launch date, even a few hours before the set time, whom ever would be either written up or fired on the spot.

Though my manager did sell tons of items to the "ebayers" totally disregarding the 1 per customer policy. All he cared about were the numbers.

Dunnys, Finders Keepers for sale
Blog: Monsters Under My Bed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:48 am 

You simply can't please everyone. I tried to get a gold online and got locked out. Today we passed up the line for the Deph because I just didn't feel like waiting around. Instead I got some other really cool toys and prints. You can't win em all.

Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:52 pm 

tyler2313 wrote:
You simply can't please everyone. I tried to get a gold online and got locked out. Today we passed up the line for the Deph because I just didn't feel like waiting around. Instead I got some other really cool toys and prints. You can't win em all.

wow there are other really cool toys and prints out there?? interesting :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 am 

LOL@the creation of this thread.

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 am 

Conspiracy time: For those who got messages from ur mule saying they couldn't get you one because of this, maybe they just had a change of heart after hearing how much these might flip for :suspicious:

The Most Wanted Artist Collective Blog!

MY TRANSACTIONS LIST IS ON PG 138

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 am 

mANNEe wrote:
Conspiracy time: For those who got messages from ur mule saying they couldn't get you one because of this, maybe they just had a change of heart after hearing how much these might flip for :suspicious:

I don't doubt this. GREED. All my charges are upfront and I rarely take money beforehand because I hate refunding.

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:47 am 

Lucky you had such an awesome mule, right MaNNEe? Eh, eh? :rock:

Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm 

There's always lack of communication but it's hard at such a large event like SDCC. I was informed that the wrist bands would be given out closer to the time of the signing(like years before). But after the SJ Dunny thing I was told that they were doing them first thing. I have no complaints, I know it's hard to organize things. The vendor thing is always an issue. If you've ever worked in retail you know that a lot of places won't allow employees to buy certain things before the customers. It was like this at Target with the XBOX360/Wii/PS3 releases. Some vendors are fans/collectors but there is also a lot of them that will either flip or pick things up for friends/people to make a profit.

I dream of the day someone invents the perfect solution for SDCC exclusive releases.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:49 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
There's always lack of communication but it's hard at such a large event like SDCC. I was informed that the wrist bands would be given out closer to the time of the signing(like years before). But after the SJ Dunny thing I was told that they were doing them first thing. I have no complaints, I know it's hard to organize things. The vendor thing is always an issue. If you've ever worked in retail you know that a lot of places won't allow employees to buy certain things before the customers. It was like this at Target with the XBOX360/Wii/PS3 releases. Some vendors are fans/collectors but there is also a lot of them that will either flip or pick things up for friends/people to make a profit.

I dream of the day someone invents the perfect solution for SDCC exclusive releases.

Agree with you wholeheartedly, RustedHalo. Customers should always come first. Once the they've been catered, then vendors and employees get dip. If you don't like that philosophy, then don't work there. If you want your employee discount, then deal with it. I would never alienate my customers by selling to fellow vendors first. Fans need a level playing ground. Really sorry to hear about all the mishaps for the SDCC attendees. We're planning on going next year and hope to have better luck than what I've been hearing thus far. :neutral:

transactions: stylepiggy, kngwiz, fauxtograph, DreVanFuzen, bluegreenkey, bigmac, Jargon, del730, haptik, Luckyorangerat, cody1756, pretzI, jason_toycyte, zephyr, c-star, xxclandestinexx, bubby88852, chinoexhale, groovitude, deadboy, ineedalife, sillynickers, waisicmao, hgreene, Sykogrl, pop77, tedmcintyre, xshezx, flatland333, pbrigitte, buttoneyes, NSTNATE, Squidnik, cct, dub599, thebuddys, bboyilluminati6, Nicocato, zonrboy, watty, mANNEe, MisKat, vdunny, nypedestrian, lulu, i love plastic, outtamymind, pandabandit12, StupidDog, ecyahp, jayneticz, funk_e, Luckita, Sh4dowfox007, snowdragon101

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 am 

bummer... i never had anything muled for me... but it would probably suck to get your hopes high and to only have it torn down y the same company that helps get it up...

grizzle.

8" BUFF'S
6" FATCAPS

PICS UPON REQUESTS.
http://www.twitter.com/buffgrizzle
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=147202

Post subject: Re: KidRobot made us SAD
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm 

trustinSTARS wrote:
kimkebob wrote:
Gripe
Bob

Stand in line. Most of us long-time boardies didn't get one. Some even missed out on the gold.

Bottom line: you win some you lose some. Their booth at Comic Con is run the same way every year. Research...

Great advice. You missed the entire point here. We asked them directly about it the night before and they didn't tell us they were giving out wristbands the next morning. Research?...I went to get first-hand info and was shortchanged right at the start. Thanks, chica, real helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:39 pm 

not to sure who everyone talked to but talked to the baroness at around 605 on wednesday night and she said that the dunnys would be sold at 11am. I then asked how they would be doing the release and she said that they would have wrist bands that would be given out when the doors opened at 930

so not to sure if everyone was not told the same information or maybe not teh right questions were asked.

My things for trade
The things I want
My Collection Intervention

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 am 

iliksprite wrote:
not to sure who everyone talked to but talked to the baroness at around 605 on wednesday night and she said that the dunnys would be sold at 11am. I then asked how they would be doing the release and she said that they would have wrist bands that would be given out when the doors opened at 930

so not to sure if everyone was not told the same information or maybe not teh right questions were asked.

I talked to Nicole as well and was told the same thing only either I missed it or she didn't mention the wristbands would go out when doors open. The key thing was Dunnys sold AT 11am and yes wristbands like last year. Either way, it's done with and now we move on to the next big release.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:53 am 

i dont see why everyone is so worked up over the vendors getting some. you need to remember they are customers too...customers who buy a whole heck of a lot more than any single person could. they were just keeping their customers happy. besides if they keep their retailers happy then the retailers buy a lot more stuff and that makes it easier for all of us to get things easier

good sellers: cahrowline, earthglass, just1nj, fes, uberboy, yihayuhh, gtcowgirl, poysntixels, resuri, fast1590, contra808, iliksprite, bubblegumking, arevelo, whyhoo, louleeboo, gazpacho, tizight, kidrobber,Bender, mzkayDi
good buyers: djtomain, bk_bk, resuri, gbeldam, shesmarvel0us, joshua, iliksprite, NYC.Parce, kidrobotfeen515, jdmslut, dunny rocks
i might have girly hips but im all man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 am 

I think a little common sense is in order ;) If it was a Huck release at 6pm on a Thursday would anyone show up at 6pm and expect one? We all knew the release time was at 11am, did any of us really think we could stroll up at 11am and get a limited item like this? If your new to KR then I understand and disregard my comments, it seems you are a collector and you know the game here, the doors open at 9:30 with or without a wristband we needed to be there at that time. Just my thoughts ;) KR did a great job, I'm sure the KR rep did not mean to mislead you, truth was they did sell at 11am as they do signings at 6pm, I mean people camp out so why would this be any different? Sorry you missed out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:04 am 

Yeah I asked too on Wed and was told no wrist bands but be at the booth at opening and line up. so I did and then they had wrist bands. Missed out on the Gold version but managed to get a Black.

Was miffed about the exhibitors but after a few days at the Con saw them in all the other lines or with tickets anxiously awaiting if they would get the chance to purchase some other item. so a lot of them are legit collectors. Just listening to them talk to other people in line and the love they have for the pieces changed my mind about the exhibitors getting wrist bands. Next time they should jsut wait until the annoucement comes on that the doors are opening or alternate one regular badge on exhibitor badge.

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]