forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 Post subject: All About the Free Swag
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm 

What free swag have you come across that you think is just plain awesome?! What are the must have free swag of this years comic con?

Examples
- WB Bags
- Viz Bags
- Green Lantern Light Up Rings
- Twilight Poster
- Pictures w/ cute promo girls

Have you won any raffles and/or are you looking forward to any raffle results?
Have you won any contests or games (viz crane machine/video game/card game/etc)?

Whatever floats your boat and has made your day post it!

Must be something free though... and feel free to let other attendees know where you got your stuff

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:28 pm 

Those huge bags are the best freebies.

Free tees
Free drawings from awesome artists
Free toys
Free pokemon cards, lol

There's more, but I actually need to head to the con in a bit. See ya'll soon :p.

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 pm 

I didn't think hat there was much free stuff as last year. Like slot of people were passing out simple things like pins last year, but this year you had to buy them. Some of the free buttons go for $5! Oh well, I think that the best thing I bought besides toys, was the uglydoll plastic bag. It was only $5, although they probably would be free last year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am 

probably the few sketches i napped from woe, jessup, mcpherson, olivas & peters.

i was however given hand sanitizers as a freebie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:07 am 

dang, you guys are really lucky. If anyone wants to grab me a couple of freebies, i'll pay for shipping LOL

free stuff ftw !

rizadette wrote:
I told you I'd hook you up... See! ;D*
:heart: Riza

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:39 am 

Phelany wrote:
probably the few sketches i napped from woe, jessup, mcpherson, olivas & peters.

i was however given hand sanitizers as a freebie.

dont forget about hte free voltron tattoos and the alf trading cards brother!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:34 am 

WB had the best freebies by far yesterday

Chattering wind up teeth
Superman/Batman cape
Green Lantern Ring
Butterfly projecting keychain flashlight
Barrels of Slime
Ginormous bags
Lego Rockback buttons and tshirts
Full size paperback Vampire novel

That's just what we scored, I'm sure there's more they have too.

The sketches though are my favorite by FAR. The artists are so kind to take the time to draw something for us, and I treasure them greatly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:48 am 

line up at the capcom booth and try out the resident evil demo to grab a free zombie shirt.

IDW is giving away free big bags.

The booth where they're featuring astroboy and twilight is giving away free bottle openers and astro boy light up pins. They come altogether and its just a quick grab and dash booth. lol well at least it would be if the rowds weren't so nuts.

There's an astro boy booth giving away the astroboy bag.

Paramount has a schedule of giveaways. If you can line up its a REALLY quick line. It's on the back wall and they lead to the booth. They give away live long and prosper foam fingers, transformer seat cushions, and a few other things.

If I'm not mistaken Redhot Robot is giving away a few goodie bags with a plush thingy inside.

If you went to the KR dinner baroness was kind enough to give us goodie bags. Thank you Baroness BTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 am 

so now that sdcc is over... have you gone thru your bags and seen your loot?

what would you say would be the best thing(s) you got for free at the con now that it's over?

One freebie that stood out in my mind was the free ice cream outside. Show your ID and get a free playboy signed by some playboy chicks plus a big stick :lol:

Scooby Doo collar was cute if you have a dog

Viz tote bag (glad it wasn't orange) was nice again this year

Transformers MP3 Speakers

Tons of energy drinks (I got about 6 throughout the con I think)

Free alcohol @ true blood happy hour

Anything else? share share share I'm bored.

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:17 am 

If anyone got an extra fox tail tie from the Fantastic Mr. Fox booth, I'll buy it from you!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:51 am 

my faves are the sketches too. i got around 23 of em this year!

wish i had known about the dexter cards, i would have tried to get them all. i :heart: dexter.

i asked someone about the WB bags and they said $15, so i didn't bother... was that a lie?

best freebie: other than the sketches and the shuttles, probably the uglydolls bag. i think i missed out on a bunch of the good freebies though.

worst freebie: either the free hugs from the really sweaty smelly guy or the girl that wanted you to grope her boobs lol. what was up with the free hugs, anyway? reminds me of raves from the early 90's.

did anyone go to the kaiju big battel on saturday night? was it the most awesome thing ever? or was it just ok? looking for video of that now...

next year will be awesome! hopefully, no twilight. did anyone else see the guy with a sad-face mask and a cape, holding a sign that said "twilight ruined comic con"? that was pretty funny.

Awesome B/S/T

My Trade Thread | CUSTOM KIDROBOT JEWELRY FOR SALE!!

Nicocato wrote:
she hangs her prosthesis on a chain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:01 am 

lowkornmel wrote:

wish i had known about the dexter cards, i would have tried to get them all. i :heart: dexter.

i asked someone about the WB bags and they said $15, so i didn't bother... was that a lie?

best freebie: other than the sketches and the shuttles, probably the uglydolls bag. i think i missed out on a bunch of the good freebies though.

worst freebie: either the free hugs from the really sweaty smelly guy or the girl that wanted you to grope her boobs lol. what was up with the free hugs, anyway? reminds me of raves from the early 90's.

did anyone go to the kaiju big battel on saturday night? was it the most awesome thing ever? or was it just ok? looking for video of that now...

next year will be awesome! hopefully, no twilight. did anyone else see the guy with a sad-face mask and a cape, holding a sign that said "twilight ruined comic con"? that was pretty funny.

23 sketches! my god! i only got a few, but those were also my favorite freebies(:

i had to pay for my uglydoll bag! but, only $5..

the WB bags, were free man. there was just a huge line you had to wait in..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 am 

bamboozofunfair wrote:
lowkornmel wrote:

23 sketches! my god! i only got a few, but those were also my favorite freebies(:

If you weren't crazy over freebies or exclusives, you could have possibly nabbed at least 40+ sketches as my gf's sister got about 35 new ones to her book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 am 

free shirts

a stack of 48 hour Xbox live redemption codes from Microsoft

bags

bags

bags

flashlights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 am 

Finally getting a Mythbusters bag on Sunday was a nice freebie.
Also loved collecting the 9 postcards...if anybody has some I think I need #8
Brutal Legend patches and playing the game for an hour :rock:
Tons of buttons
Manga for my friend
Sketches (only 6) are always the best free thing.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 pm 

By chance did anyone get any of the Lost Planet 2 (spikey Salamander lizard) plushies??? They were Black and Orange

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:49 pm 

i got a smallville bag and a buffy bag (because i am a huge dork.), and a promo booklet from the bioshock 2 booth that i really dig, but my favorite freebie was probably the sideshow collectibles gift cards they were handing out, valued anywhere between 20 and 100 bucks. mine was for 80!

part of me wants to save it, put some money together, and buy something really amazing. the other part of me wants this mummy mickey:

bad transactions: sirimabadfisher

looking for: the good/bad/ugly set.
blue dalek diver.
nurse flash-it 8inch qee.
rotofugi house of liu set.
octane 3 house of liu set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 am 

bamboozofunfair wrote:

i had to pay for my uglydoll bag! but, only $5..

the WB bags, were free man. there was just a huge line you had to wait in..

yeah, i missed out on 90% of the freebies. i was pretty bummed at first but i realized i gave up the freebies for the awesome sketches. i could have gotten more sketches, too! i didn't even really go on saturday!

my uglydolls bag was only free cuz i bought a case of ice bats.

and yeah, that sucks the wb bags were free... i asked and got told $15 bucks, and i thought it was just for the bag. i had no idea it was full of stuff. there is always next year. i also heard the line only really took about 15 minutes, it was just intimidating.

also, i didn't know this but some of the vendors were charging for the autographs... like toytokyo said 'to get a tokidoki signing ticket, you have to buy a tokidoki item" and that is ILLEGAL! says in the comicon rule book they can't charge for sketches in any way, and your entrance badge entitles you to one free sketch/signature from each professional, each day you attend. did this happen to anyone else? happened to me three times!

so yeah, best freebies are still the sketches, and all the dope stuff i got from peekaboo/paul/woebots/silent stage.

Awesome B/S/T

My Trade Thread | CUSTOM KIDROBOT JEWELRY FOR SALE!!

Nicocato wrote:
she hangs her prosthesis on a chain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 am 

lowkornmel wrote:

also, i didn't know this but some of the vendors were charging for the autographs... like toytokyo said 'to get a tokidoki signing ticket, you have to buy a tokidoki item" and that is ILLEGAL! says in the comicon rule book they can't charge for sketches in any way, and your entrance badge entitles you to one free sketch/signature from each professional, each day you attend. did this happen to anyone else? happened to me three times!

That's actually pretty common with a lot of booths to charge for autographs. If it says that it's illegal somewhere then I missed it. Also I was told that it was limited to 60 autographs per day for TokiDoki. Nothing about a minimum purchase. I honestly think the ticket idea was a good one cause when he's there that isle get's jammed packed.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:19 pm 

My favourite part was the sketches... almost 60 this year... and I am a rookie...

As for Simone Legno, let's just say that the dude is super nice and I have tact. Even if he had turned me down(I understood that if he was spotted sketching it would've caused a commotion) I still would've been cool with it. And also, I realized earlier that artists also come to SDCC to to catch up with old and new friends, network, hang out, and check out stuff... I got turned down a few times, but it was OK - they had their reasons. And people some people have the audacity to think that the artists OWE them something because they bought a Dunny... usually artists are grateful and will oblige but when one demands it, there's not need to take that crap. I witnessed this time and time again...

I loved the postcards, stickers, pins, etc... Man, who doesn't love free stuff?

But my favourites:

-Astro Boy pin that flashes (I would've been really sad if I hadn't gotten one since they were really easy to get)

-Astro Boy poster

-Warner Bags (they're HUGE, but also when they get filled they get tiring)

-Munky King and Yoskay postcards and DGPH stickers and booklets

-Blow up Pokeballs

-A nice stash of comics

-The free prints from Hi-Fructose

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:35 pm 

lowkornmel wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the signing rules apply to the "official" autograph section up on the 2nd floor - the signings that are posted in the catalog. People at booths can do whatever they want (for the most part). Many celebrity (actors, etc...) signings on the floor cost $$, and most of the comic artists I saw also charge for drawings/sketches.

I'm not gonna say it doesn't suck, but I don't think Toy Tokyo did anything outside the rules of the Con.

My best freebies (after the sketches, of course) were the Human Target t-shirt and the Sucker Punch t-shirt designed by Alex Pardee! THat one looks awesome!

Successful Transactions: the_sentient, 250C, funnymunny, Mz59Fifty, sgr1000, rco, therealchinaman, nypedestrian, DiZiXtOiD, Kevbayer, Ryn, Shibori, BurymewithmyToys, Roach, Prophecy, genejo, coreyxc4, Nicedream, Mongo Lloyd, Eiji, mooshysushi, lediscode, DManTX, Spooky+, SUSAN2008, originalkaws, killerz4ever, Dieselfeast, mzkayDi

WANTED: Bunnywith a Banana Suit by Alex Pardee
WANTED: Shuttlemax (Classic, red, HK order of colorway preference) by Bill 'Billions McMillions' McMullen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:07 am 

Free stuff is great, but every year there is less and less of free stuff. I remember 5 years ago I came home with loads of free crap, but this year many of the things that used to be free cost money. I can't believe that people will line up for hours to get a bag from a studio, when years back they all used to just hang 'em there and people picked them up as they walked around, but again back then the attendance wasn't 130K plus. I got some free stuff, but refused to get in line for hours just to get a free bag or a seat cushion. Instead this year I got great sketches from many artists, and waited in line only for things that I really wanted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:17 am 

mylifeinplastic wrote:
Free stuff is great, but every year there is less and less of free stuff. I remember 5 years ago I came home with loads of free crap, but this year many of the things that used to be free cost money. I can't believe that people will line up for hours to get a bag from a studio, when years back they all used to just hang 'em there and people picked them up as they walked around, but again back then the attendance wasn't 130K plus. I got some free stuff, but refused to get in line for hours just to get a free bag or a seat cushion. Instead this year I got great sketches from many artists, and waited in line only for things that I really wanted.

+1. I usually got the Warner bags when the line was moving and on the last day I got a bunch for next year... and to give away to friends.

I was all about the sketches...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:19 am 

^ sketches and drawings is where it's at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:55 am 

I didn't do too badly... considering that I was a rookie and came alone... But MAXX242 KILLED IT!!!

BUMP ME

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]