forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question about SDCC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:24 am 

So turns out I have a friend going to SDCC and I was going to give her some money to pick me up a Purple Holy Roller or the Wood Labbit, but I'm wondering if she actually has to go to the signings to pick one up, or if she could just go after the signing, not wait in line, and just swing by and pick one up a couple hours later? I don't really want to make her waste her time lining up so I'm hoping it'll take like the whole day to sell out of them. I'm fairy sure they aren't released till the signing starts, right?

This is sort of important as I have to drive from LA to Pasadena tonight to give her the money, so a quick answer woud be really appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:28 am 

Not only will she have to stand in line, she'll have to be there early. First thing in the AM. KR releases sell out early and FAST. They sell wristbands right away in the AM, then you have to come back at signing time to get the piece, if I'm not mistaken, that's how things are run.

Anyone back me up on this?

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:49 am 

Hmm if its like that I'll probably just save the money and get that polka dot 10" labbit on the 6th when I go for the mad ape dunny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 am 

The only way your friend can get this exclusive figures is to have a exhibitor pass or press or vendor pass ( they are inside the main hall by the time general public is in).
By the time the general public is allowed to enter the main hall entrance this special pass holders are already in line for wristbands to the 200 pcs exclusives.....most likely 10 general public may get it..but as stories in the post even the first in line did not get it. ?.

The rules did not say vendors are not allowed ? So right at 10am doors open yet they start giving the wristbands at 10Am and they are already in line. So they qualify for the wristband...as you are running towards the booths its 10:00:35sec.... run faster !!

Only if the item is 500 pcs release will few of the general public get this firgure...trust me from experience .

Tell us if thats fair ?

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 pm 

Is your friend going with anyone? In my experience it's best to have people lined in different areas. Sometimes sails pavilion goes first, sometimes other side gets a head start, sometimes while they're letting those two formed lines in they open all the front doors so people in front of the exhibit hall get in.

It's chance, timing, and your walking power. Most likely at least 50 will be gone by the time the convention opens the doors. It will most likely be "sold out" after 5 minutes. KR is nice in that they offer an overflow group the opportunity to get it in case people do not show up.

At least that's how it's been this year. In past years they'd wait until a certain time... maybe pass out wristbands an hr or so beforehand. If people didn't show up then at a designated time they would release the rest of them to anyone who came to the booth (usually it was around 4pm I think)... I liked it so much more QQ lots less stress

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:34 pm 

You should totally run once you get in. You may get the #1 wristband since KR will probably give it to a regular, and not an exhibitor or professional. This one professional chick begged for one @ the jessup release and got it, so annoying. I just wanted to wack her with the pole holding the line ropes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]