bmml714

Post by bmml714 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 pm

This makes it worst.
THey have two entrances?

gREAT bUYER'S = DomoDematto & vreal

leinad

Post by leinad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 pm

creaturion wrote:As Omar would say, "It's all in the game."

Companies intentionally create scarcity by making far fewer pieces than there's demand for - it's about generating hype. Of course everyone who goes to a show thinks they're entitled to one. But when there are 150,000 people in attendance and at least 1,000 people with exhibitor passes, you know something's got to give.

And for anyone who thinks it was easier, "back in the day," you're nuts. From phone fights to Internet rumbles to comic con-flagurations, it's been this way for the last 4 years, since Dunnys started catching on with Series 2.

There is no solution. There can't be. Solutions are hype killers. Conflict juices the game.

Well said! =D>
Who is this Omar fellow?
Last edited by leinad on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A+ sellers:Shabadoo,Aussietoyrama,Drilone,Ouister,tommynathan,chris, prins,D-Lux,$and,Slack,mplspeep,Zeeshan,StreakzzZZ,DaniTofuhead,ghettoenhanced,
wtfunks,vinylhead,frogwizard,kontact,NinJaSkills,rdengineer,vuitton,argon,theliberator,666ways2love,mikeny,crushgroove
A+ buyers:LondonToLa,dunny996TT,keyser soze,coasterbear,
spawnonfire,playdoh,eoin3,gtcowgirl,pennjones,twotwelve,jkspade,sleepboy, ontheDL,jager,SnorseWhisperer,tunneler66,c-money,toyzinmyattik,kamacoatl, gonedaddyfinch,alax,dxjock,benvt,organicsalsa,ericericeric,The BoyWunder, crappytrix,cheeky,theboywil,crystaldeth,jlm,Plur511,KinglyDecay,sykogirl, Danimalx, jbar,snooker,HaHaAjp,pop77,buzzelightyear,HSAINGMIN,guzaku,blackey1,Danny909,FoT,robbieXeff,jshea,xbtran,kenobi822

creaturion

Post by creaturion » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Kaiju Korner
Twitter: @kaijukornerandy
Facebook: Kaiju Korner

bmml714

Post by bmml714 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:02 pm

This story does not JIVe.

look at her version in this post :
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 46#1876046

Not only was he first in line....
She even went to get her THursday pass then head to the booth. And first in line ?
Don't blame Kidrobot blame SD Convention Center staff maybe.

GLENNjamin

Post by GLENNjamin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:05 pm

hey tyler2313, were you in the low 100 section of todays release? i think i was close to you standing in line. I'm just tryin to match names with faces :)

and yea i've seen this one asian group of guys working the toy exclusives hoarding more than any collector should. The one guy in the group in front of me bought one of each size of the kr exclusive shirts during preview night after finding out that the 6"fatcap came with the shirts. Then they asked how many futurama blinds they could buy as a group... I ended up seeing em all around checking upon how many exclusives they could get from each booth... :gettingdeep:
Good Transactions with coasterbear, Zeeshan,sgsterne, joey37,Selph one, MAD,pigeon_que, Dunnyhunny, Meanmistert, LYTE-BRYTE-BOY,Annerz,Playdoh, Dunny_Photo, xxclandestinexx,DeanoMeano, Tactics, JDMslut, d0m0kun,Nebulon5

Bo0oYaH

Post by Bo0oYaH » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 pm

You guys are all really good at jumping at conclusions.

A number of the passes did go to exhibitors but Baroness personally held back giving wristbands to them and waited for regular comic con attendees to get it. Ask anyone who was in front of the line. She skipped by all the exhibitors and handed it to them first.

Theres no way you would've missed getting the dunny if you went directly to KR after the doors opened. Sounds like you're just an idiot who took their time getting there and expected to be handed one.

Big ups to Baroness for holding it down!

leinad

Post by leinad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 pm

creaturion wrote:Image

I see. Appears to be some sort of art toy economist guru.
A+ sellers:Shabadoo,Aussietoyrama,Drilone,Ouister,tommynathan,chris, prins,D-Lux,$and,Slack,mplspeep,Zeeshan,StreakzzZZ,DaniTofuhead,ghettoenhanced,
wtfunks,vinylhead,frogwizard,kontact,NinJaSkills,rdengineer,vuitton,argon,theliberator,666ways2love,mikeny,crushgroove
A+ buyers:LondonToLa,dunny996TT,keyser soze,coasterbear,
spawnonfire,playdoh,eoin3,gtcowgirl,pennjones,twotwelve,jkspade,sleepboy, ontheDL,jager,SnorseWhisperer,tunneler66,c-money,toyzinmyattik,kamacoatl, gonedaddyfinch,alax,dxjock,benvt,organicsalsa,ericericeric,The BoyWunder, crappytrix,cheeky,theboywil,crystaldeth,jlm,Plur511,KinglyDecay,sykogirl, Danimalx, jbar,snooker,HaHaAjp,pop77,buzzelightyear,HSAINGMIN,guzaku,blackey1,Danny909,FoT,robbieXeff,jshea,xbtran,kenobi822

bmml714

Post by bmml714 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:21 pm

I really did not think there was more than 50 vendor pass in line in front of me...so I agree he must have been overwhelmed with the booths he saw....

Those other booths are really out of this world....

Run don't stroll around ..RUN directly to the booth.

See you tomorrow !!!!

creaturion

Post by creaturion » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:26 pm

leinad wrote:
creaturion wrote:Image

I see. Appears to be some sort of art toy economist guru.

LOL, Omar is a character from The Wire.
Kaiju Korner
Twitter: @kaijukornerandy
Facebook: Kaiju Korner

Jackcuzzy

Post by Jackcuzzy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:47 pm

lowkornmel wrote:I THINK BARONESS SHOULD TAKE OVER KIDROBOT. she was the only redeeming quality at the con. (and the employees from LA.. hi!)

Doesn't Nicole pretty much run Kidrobot at SDCC? I thought she set it all up etc at the con and handles everything.
Good deals with: Plenty of boardies. Ask around!

Bo0oYaH

Post by Bo0oYaH » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Jackcuzzy wrote:
lowkornmel wrote:I THINK BARONESS SHOULD TAKE OVER KIDROBOT. she was the only redeeming quality at the con. (and the employees from LA.. hi!)

Doesn't Nicole pretty much run Kidrobot at SDCC? I thought she set it all up etc at the con and handles everything.

She does. She handles it the best she can and does a great job.

=D> =D>

JeKr

Post by JeKr » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:39 pm

bmml714 wrote:This makes it worst.
THey have two entrances?

that sucks =/

Rejectx

Post by Rejectx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:46 pm

If there are two entrances one for the batch pickups...I would think thats better . Bypass all in line at the main entrance that already have their pass I heard they let this people go in by 830 to pickup batches......

I would walk all the way str8 ignore everyone & every table, just keep on walking and enter all the way to the main hall door. Coz people picking up pass' have a different entrance from people outside waiting to get in....I may just try this

Pretend I am picking my batch pass......that will fool them...
Great tRansactions :
ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

tehlilone

Post by tehlilone » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Rejectx wrote:If there are two entrances one for the batch pickups...I would think thats better . Bypass all in line at the main entrance that already have their pass I heard they let this people go in by 830 to pickup batches......

I would walk all the way str8 ignore everyone & every table, just keep on walking and enter all the way to the main hall door. Coz people picking up pass' have a different entrance from people outside waiting to get in....I may just try this

Pretend I am picking my batch pass......that will fool them...

There are actually more than 2 entrances... just 2 main entrances when hall opens

Sails Pavilion creates a line that is supposed to go in first. This consists of people who head upstairs (if you have a badge you can still get there no need to pretend) and the ones that just got their badges. I think its like on the left side of the flyer table. They go down the escalator to around Hall D? C? B? something over there on that side 8-[

A second entrance from upstairs is on the other side of sails pavilion (where you first go up to get your badge) where ballroom 20 is... it usually loops around and leads to the escalator by room 27 that goes down to Hall G (closest to vinyl toys).

Lastly, before either line finishes guards usually open (altho they're not supposed to) the front entrances of the hall. People waiting in the lobby area are able to file into the exhibit hall and the various entrances that you normally use to go in and out of the hall.

Depending on your timing and the security guards you'll be early/late getting in. Those are the possible ways of getting in. I've had friends get in before me even tho I was an hour early waiting in the sails pavilion line because they came later and went through the front entrances.
:FOR SALE::WISHLIST:

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Rejectx

Post by Rejectx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Get up get up...head to the CON unless your there now ? It's 630 AMPST.
Great tRansactions :
ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

emilys1015

Post by emilys1015 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Someone please check out the ebay prices for the black lucky cat. INSANITY! I want the Vissell x Kozik bad. Any bets as to what the flipper price will be? I hate ebay I can't believe the stuff's already on there!

ToyBaroness

Post by ToyBaroness » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been telling everyone that if they want an exclusive from us they are going to have to show up as SOON as the doors open.

When the doors opened yesterday people were literally SPRINTING to our booth and in 10 minutes we had about 300 people in line.

I will admit, I handed out a few (about 15-20) wristbands in the morning, until the security pointed out that the doors hadn't opened yet and that everyone in line was an exhibitor. At that point I stopped handing out wristbands to everyone with an exhibitor badge until customers came through the door. You can ask anyone of the first 50, some people were getting mad cause if they had a pink badge I skipped by them in line until I handed out the equal amount of bands to customers.
There is no way to prevent vendors from getting wristbands, we just have to find a way to make it so they are not all first.

We were hearing from a lot of people that the con was a nightmare to get into in general, a broken escalator and a ton of different issues, and that Duckling sucks, no doubt about that. Hopefully today will go smoother.

If anyone has ANY issue, concern, complaint, suggestion (or compliment, i dont mind those either) they should know that they can come talk to the chick with the tattoos. (me)

Thats it for now, hope to see you guys in line this morning for the DEPH release xoxo
Last edited by ToyBaroness on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackcuzzy

Post by Jackcuzzy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:06 pm

:partyman:
Good deals with: Plenty of boardies. Ask around!

Rejectx

Post by Rejectx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Can't you hand the wristbands out 30min b4 doors open to the people already in line on top of the escalators ? Someone can just ask who is here for the Kidrobot release maybe hand out at least 100 or less.

They been there since 4Am even earlier. I feel they deserve it. Just to balance all this frustration they are having yesterday ?
:doubt:

Can't wait to hear what Saturdays release will end up like.
Great tRansactions :

just1nj

Post by just1nj » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 pm

I wonder if the fatcap line will be crazy. 100 exhibitors in line before any regulars, lol. Peaceful so far :p

yabadabahdoh

Post by yabadabahdoh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 pm

I would think you will need special permission to be able to hand out the wristbands if its before 10am from the SDCC organizers if its outside the Main Hall ? Which most likely won't happen then all vendors will start doing the same......and get out of hand. :doubt:
NOT AGAIN......... Y now ?

base

Post by base » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Suggestion

online preorders for attendees

bmml714

Post by bmml714 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Just don't do SDCC or any Comic Con.
Just do exclusives around CC time, sell it in the stores daily.
People attending CC lose out. Too bad for them.

I really don't feel Kidrobot needs Comic Con ?
Save all tons of money and spend it more in the stores !!!
Collectors can just fly to any of the four locations & get a hotel/motel .

If you are looking to expand fan base. Its not even enough for us collectors now with limited releases unless you increase the volumes.

How's that for a suggestion ?
I think I better get a new user name after this said and done.

just1nj

Post by just1nj » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 pm

Pretty sure the first half of the fatcap line is exhibitors, pros, etc. Lol so funny

BHKidRobotNYC

Post by BHKidRobotNYC » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 pm

bmml714 wrote:Just don't do SDCC or any Comic Con.
Just do exclusives around CC time, sell it in the stores daily.
People attending CC lose out. Too bad for them.

I really don't feel Kidrobot needs Comic Con ?
Save all tons of money and spend it more in the stores !!!
Collectors can just fly to any of the four locations & get a hotel/motel .

If you are looking to expand fan base. Its not even enough for us collectors now with limited releases unless you increase the volumes.

How's that for a suggestion ?
I think I better get a new user name after this said and done.

+1
My very little collection: viewtopic.php?t=134134
Dunnys 4 Sale+ List of good boardies: viewtopic.php?p=1784170#1784170