SDCC a total bust

Thanks for everything! See you in 2010
quentdiggy

Post by quentdiggy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:32 am

Okay, if you don't live near San Diego, there is $1,000 or more of sleeping eating and tickets to the con, then this crap?

KR needs to get real about their numbers and realize they are blowing up. 200 black lucky cats? KR shouldn't make ANYTHING in those low of numbers...

I mean any buisness is about its customer base and keeping them happy...How has kidrobot made anybody happy with this one? It's like you're thinking "FINALLY, a 8' Dunny I've always been waiting for!" and then you can't get it, even when you go to a special convention and get there early? F__K Me!!!

KR is lame, and I'm finally starting to realize...To the "happy" folks above, you're just happy because it wasn't you...I think this is such a joke and I'm done being KR's bit-h. If I wanted to wait forever begging for a hit I'd smoke crack.......I'm keeping my Huck 20 and getting out of this poser a-- game...

Over 5 years of awesome transactions on these boards! Pm me...

My Band, Ninja Thunderbolt :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfW8WtlV-Fg

toga_2000

Post by toga_2000 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:38 am

i lined up at 830. the "elites" didn't open the door until at least 940. got to KR booth at 945. they were out....terrible. but then walking around looking at other booths...there were three sitting under the counter of every other booth. wtf. and some seven year old had three lucky cat boxes. seriously? i was (and still am) upset. :[[[
Good sellers: silentjay, lui, tron, artasylumboston, meatloaf, gawein
Good trades: Shauni55

BakerTheZombie

Post by BakerTheZombie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:46 am

Umm... I got into the convention center LINE roundabouts 8:15. Didn't actually get in the hall until 9;30 or so. I got wristband 151.
Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

colamaniac

Post by colamaniac » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:47 am

haseown wrote:some people win so other people can lose .. thats life

Yup...that is true....
Successful S/B/T: whaaatah, Fifizzle, chibita, lulu, SecurityGeek, bk_bk, goodspeed, =DuNnYnNuD=, D-Lux, lui, snooker, highland19, vinyljunkeeeee, bilbetsovic, busizem718, jerzy777, mr.sqwert, gmiddleswarth, BHKidRobotNYC, kidrobot miami, BlackCloudHell, xfalcon, dtrain, stubrew, yhcai3579, Chronotrigger, rosstamicahdesign

Pending: erikjorgensen30, kom22, Hiyata

My Collection: Gallery | My Sale: My Vinyl Zoo

Looking for the following:

3INCH
  • 2010 Aya Kakeda
  • 2010 Frank Kozik Golden Apple
  • 2010 Golden Ticket
  • 2009 Supakitch
8INCH

base

Post by base » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 am

Didn't score a PAW today...

I'm not going to quit trying to collect coarse....

quentdiggy

Post by quentdiggy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:37 am

COARSE actually takes care of their customers...

but PAWS are WAAAAAYYYYY overrated too if you ask me....it's VINYL...and we worship it like it's an idol....a false idol. When I start acting like a crackhead to get vinyl something is very wrong here. I mean a lot of artists on this scene made their way by being punk rock to the core. How punk rock is this consumerism and addiction bulls--t? NOT VERY...something stinks, it's a bigger picture. To save my punk rock soul I need out of these stupid toys and their pushers...and it doesn't make it too hard to walk away when companies act like this... :gettingdeep: Sure I'm keeping a shelf (20" Huck, Sorayama KAWS, Beetoven Bust, pushead pirates etc...) but it is going to be HOT and 3-5 pieces...

I see more people with more cluttered shelves and think wow they don't even know where to put what they buy.......that could be their,(and mine) kids' savings fund right there...

like my kid said to me..."but what do you do with them?" I didn't know what to say..."Marvel at the money it costed me to buy them?" AND Now even when I am ready to buy, I CAN"T!!!! How many times this year have I been right at the computer and not gotten a new release? SANER, XRAY, KRONK, JESSE H. I mean it used to be when you kept up on releases you could score....I keep up and get s--t on, time and time again... the customer is always right? The customer ain't sh=t to these f--king hipster wannabees...

lowkornmel

Post by lowkornmel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 am

basically if you didn't have a 4 day pass or werent a vendor, you didn't get a dunny.

or a t-shirt.

i'm going to every other booth other than KR at the CON this year. who's with me?

add another to the list of upset people. and yes, most of the wristbands went to vendors... i talked to some of them and they told me. so regardless of what anyone says, vendors (and their wives/helpers) got first dibs. Second dibs went to the 4 dayers. and everyone else was SOL. can anyone say ELITIST? lol

they need to give out tickets like every other toy vendor at the con. and also, who else releases their stuff first thing in the morning? nobody else. so many problems, i can't even begin.

it really sucks. one guy even had 2 lucky cats

isn't in wonderful?

I THINK BARONESS SHOULD TAKE OVER KIDROBOT. she was the only redeeming quality at the con. (and the employees from LA.. hi!)

that's all. i'm done now. more fun tomorrow, and i'm not even gonna bother with the deph.
cool people: frank kozik, locotoy, arcady, Danimalx, Kapi, pandabandit12, joemm,

Awesome B/S/T

My Trade Thread | CUSTOM KIDROBOT JEWELRY FOR SALE!!

Nicocato wrote:she hangs her prosthesis on a chain

kozikcollector6

Post by kozikcollector6 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 am

My girlfriend had a wristband and decided to give it to a girl in the back of the line that was number 206x. Sometimes people just get lucky. We got to the kidrobot booth at 940 and had no problem. The baroness had at least 100 wristbands left. That's my 2 cents, luck is luck. That's life, thanks kidrobot

puredexterity

Post by puredexterity » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 am

Ya there were people there that had exhibitor passes, but I saw LOTS of people that just had the regular passes as well.

You win some you lose some, that's life.
Good Trades with: 666doll, Tavaro, Hoagie, joeydzzle, belmont142, grimlock, fooshcore, snakesandseals, tunatuva, djfohm, vinylwhanker, kngdingaling

quentdiggy

Post by quentdiggy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:54 am

That's life? That's not how life has to be....

lowkornmel

Post by lowkornmel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:55 am

Rejectx wrote:Wait till you see the LUke CHueh release...I hope your not going for that one also?
:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: I can't wait for this drama to happen.

But munky king is smart and they: are giving out tickets and calling out the winners AND not releasing the toy at 10 am, giving people time to walk into the building before they give out the tickets, which KR did not do.

that's how you handle business of a limited release. i got tickets for the paws and i didn't get any, and i'm not mad whatsoever. because IT WAS EQUAL and i had just as much of a chance as anyone else who was there.

good thing i'm getting the labbit in my subber box cuz i'm steering clear of the KR booth (which was, ironically, the booth i was most excited to see. funny how things change!)

and im sorry but i woke up at 5 am, waited in line like everyone else. please, someone who DOESNT HAVE a 4 day pass please chime in and tell us how you got one. cuz people saying "i got there at 8:30 and got one"... impossible, unless you had a 4 day pass.

:)
cool people: frank kozik, locotoy, arcady, Danimalx, Kapi, pandabandit12, joemm,

Awesome B/S/T

My Trade Thread | CUSTOM KIDROBOT JEWELRY FOR SALE!!

Nicocato wrote:she hangs her prosthesis on a chain

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:01 am

Yeah my hubbie and I are regular peeps, we got in line at 7:15 and each got wristbands no problem. We went straight to the KR booth and Baroness had plenty of them. I don't see how someone who got in line at 5am didn't get one... did you still have to get your badge?
Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

Sykogrl

Post by Sykogrl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am

tyler2313 wrote:Yeah my hubbie and I are regular peeps, we got in line at 7:15 and each got wristbands no problem. We went straight to the KR booth and Baroness had plenty of them. I don't see how someone who got in line at 5am didn't get one... did you still have to get your badge?

Same here got there at 8:30am booked it to two other booths to get sketch passes and got number 147 at KR. Waiting took forever. Going to try again for the Fatcap.

The one thing I didn't like was they told us to to be back at 10am but I didn't get mine until 12 so I stood in line for 2 hours. Tomorrow going to get my wristband and look at the artist booths and get some skectches.

Thanks Toy Baroness, Beast Brothers and the LA team for trying their hardest with the lines.

Was disappointed I didn't get the gold but this will do. Got other awesome stuff today.
Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Rejectx

Post by Rejectx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 am

True ..You should have the four day pass by the time you attend Thursday, Friday or Saturday events to hope for a wristband. If you are getting your day pass that day and line up for it... you will never get the exclusives by the time you reach the booths.. Thats another 30min there.
Last edited by Rejectx on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great tRansactions :
ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 am

Sykogrl wrote:
tyler2313 wrote:Yeah my hubbie and I are regular peeps, we got in line at 7:15 and each got wristbands no problem. We went straight to the KR booth and Baroness had plenty of them. I don't see how someone who got in line at 5am didn't get one... did you still have to get your badge?

Same here got there at 8:30am booked it to two other booths to get sketch passes and got number 147 at KR. Waiting took forever. Going to try again for the Fatcap.

The one thing I didn't like was they told us to to be back at 10am but I didn't get mine until 12 so I stood in line for 2 hours. Tomorrow going to get my wristband and look at the artist booths and get some skectches.

Thanks Toy Baroness, Beast Brothers and the LA team for trying their hardest with the lines.

Was disappointed I didn't get the gold but this will do. Got other awesome stuff today.

Amen to the waiting in line thing. I asked the moustached guy if I could leave and come back and he said that he wouldn't recommend it. I was in line forever as well. I think we lined up at 10 even though Jessup didn't get there at 11... oh well though. The people we met in line were really nice and I don't think any of them were toy retailers either.
Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

toga_2000

Post by toga_2000 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 am

i have a four day pass and still didn't get it...lined up outside at 730. was third in line....rushed straight to the booth and they were out...i don't get how you guys had time to go to other booths. Baroness was clean out when i got there...
Good sellers: silentjay, lui, tron, artasylumboston, meatloaf, gawein
Good trades: Shauni55

Rejectx

Post by Rejectx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 am

Whats the real story here?
Last edited by Rejectx on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great tRansactions :
ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

jceballo

Post by jceballo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 am

I was number 14 in the overflow for the dunny. Didn't get it. I didn't get the koi and I didn't get the paw... There was this group of people I've been watching the past couple days. They've been gathering all the exclusives buying as many as possible. This includes the soundwave figure and many others. They were able to get every single one of the toys mentioned above. To top it off a kr employee said that if it weren't for flippers then the toys wouldn't be worth anything... F THAT
Searching for: Yoskay and Huck prints
Good transactions with: Lucky13, Justin J., Midastouch357, DX Psycho, aka-man, sahilio, jon, dubwars, bck2sqr1, Chronic, izzy

Rejectx

Post by Rejectx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 am

Siging is at 11Am thats why Jessup was not there at 10am tho ?
Great tRansactions :

A!

Post by A! » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 am

jceballo wrote:I was number 14 in the overflow for the dunny. Didn't get it. I didn't get the koi and I didn't get the paw... There was this group of people I've been watching the past couple days. They've been gathering all the exclusives buying as many as possible. This includes the soundwave figure and many others. They were able to get every single one of the toys mentioned above. To top it off a kr employee said that if it weren't for flippers then the toys wouldn't be worth anything... F THAT

I think I know who you're talking about... was it a guy and his wife and three kids?? I saw that fool everywhere and he had bags full of all the exclusive stuff. I guess I should drag more people with me when I wait in these lines *LOL*

Don't hate on the KR dude because he's right. Hypebeasts and flippers is what makes it fun ;P
Good Transactions with: D0m0kun, Metatron1050, Unkle77, kidrobotNY, maxaltoman, omgwtflmao, MrMongoose, CrazySid, ontheDL

WANTED: Kaws Dissected Companion

just1nj

Post by just1nj » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 am

I thought KR handled today pretty good.

tehlilone

Post by tehlilone » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 am

A! wrote:
jceballo wrote:I was number 14 in the overflow for the dunny. Didn't get it. I didn't get the koi and I didn't get the paw... There was this group of people I've been watching the past couple days. They've been gathering all the exclusives buying as many as possible. This includes the soundwave figure and many others. They were able to get every single one of the toys mentioned above. To top it off a kr employee said that if it weren't for flippers then the toys wouldn't be worth anything... F THAT

I think I know who you're talking about... was it a guy and his wife and three kids?? I saw that fool everywhere and he had bags full of all the exclusive stuff. I guess I should drag more people with me when I wait in these lines *LOL*

Don't hate on the KR dude because he's right. Hypebeasts and flippers is what makes it fun ;P

you're talking about the couple with the small kids yeah? I think they're the ones I'm talking about when I said I could've sworn I saw more than 2 wrist bands. My bf got into the hall at 9:40 and went straight to KR. Got an overflow number but didn't get a dunny. People can enter the place at the same time but not get to the booth soon enough.

In other news... I met a vendor that said he walked away w/ 6 Jessup dunnies (not sure how many were exclusives). He wasn't selling any (I dared to asked... QQ) it was his little army. Was a lil urked that he needed that many but I can't complain since he is an avid collector and we know we crazy people like our armies. I wanted an exclusive to lead my little kitties but alas they're still without a leader.

On the other hand... I was walking around and overheard two other vendors I that said something along the lines of... dude, you know that thing we got this morning. the umm what do you call them... I think dunnies. Yeah, they sold out by 10 am good thing we got them before they started shooing us away when the hall opened.

Yes I am a bitter little veteran attendee that wants to rant cuz it makes her feel better. :-({|=
:FOR SALE::WISHLIST:

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

iliksprite

Post by iliksprite » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:28 am

In line at 6am today. Had one person up in the pavilion and two in the line that enters through the g/h halls. I think the pavilaion people were let in about 10 minutes earlier then the line that was not in the pavilion. But due to the stairs and the distance things kind of evened out.

By 940 all 200 of the original bands were given out.

Overall it was a fairly typical release. They said yesterday to be at the booth right when the con opened to get a wristband and that's what you had to do. Ignore everything else and get there if you want the item.

Rejectx

Post by Rejectx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:53 am

Two bands.. one for the Lucky and one for the Fortune..dah !?
Now about that person that have 6 for his army, I know for sure he did not get those by himself. He have 3 other friends with him .

Remember, both dunny have same white box. One is allowed to have one of each.
Last edited by Rejectx on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great tRansactions :

creaturion

Post by creaturion » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:03 pm

As Omar would say, "It's all in the game."

Companies intentionally create scarcity by making far fewer pieces than there's demand for - it's about generating hype. Of course everyone who goes to a show thinks they're entitled to one. But when there are 150,000 people in attendance and at least 1,000 people with exhibitor passes, you know something's got to give.

And for anyone who thinks it was easier, "back in the day," you're nuts. From phone fights to Internet rumbles to comic con-flagurations, it's been this way for the last 4 years, since Dunnys started catching on with Series 2.

There is no solution. There can't be. Solutions are hype killers. Conflict juices the game.
Kaiju Korner
Twitter: @kaijukornerandy
Facebook: Kaiju Korner