forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:45 am 

Start now..
Surprise them.
No wristband without an ATTENDEE batch.
Go back to your booths you should be watching it.
Too bad, try again.

Vendor pass I think is free, attendees already pay a fee to get a pass I think that justifies a sure chance.

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:46 am 

A homie of mine just got his band #167 for the fat cap. He's a regular attendee and waited in line to get in.... stop bitching

WANTED: Kaws Dissected Companion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:09 am 

For the people who they were there earlier than 6am and still didn't get a dunny. How was that possible? Me and 1v1artin got there at 6am and finally found the huge line to pick up our badges. After badges were picked up everyone was dropped off into the sails pavillion. You either went left or right and then just stood in line to be let into the con. Doors opened ~9:30am and you had to make your way down 2 floors. it took about 10 minute to find the KR booth and once we did we were #'s 111 & 112. if you there any earlier then us you should have had ample time to get a dunny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

FS THREAD:
viewtopic.php?p=1659179#1659179

WTB or WTT:
Brent Nolasco Gordo's (either color) or customs
Sours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:38 am 

I just think that NONE of the vendors should have gotten wristbands. And I think hey should have gotten their taken away.

That is all.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:55 am 

hashishan wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

HAHAHAHa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:24 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
I just think that NONE of the vendors should have gotten wristbands. And I think hey should have gotten their taken away.

That is all.

I understand where you are comming from, however I am sure that there are a lot of vendors who do collect these toys just like we do, and it wouldn't be fair to them if they couldn't get one just because they work in the field...

and as the ToyBaroness said:

ToyBaroness wrote:
I will admit, I handed out a few wristbands in the morning, until the security pointed out that the doors hadn't opened yet and that everyone in line was an exhibitor. At that point I stopped handing out wristbands to everyone with an exhibitor badge until customers came through the door. You can ask anyone of the first 50, some people were getting mad cause if they had a pink badge I skipped by them in line until I handed out the equal amount of bands to customers.
There is no way to prevent vendors from getting wristbands, we just have to find a way to make it so they are not all first.

So she/KidRobot didn't do that on purpose, and regular, non-vendor, people were able to get the dunnys as well.
And plus, what do you expect? There were only 200 of the SDCC exclusive dunnys available. Even if none of the vendors received one, a ton of people would still be unable to get one just because of the limited quantity...

So don't be mad at KidRobot or at (some of) the vendors... If anything, be mad at the people who don't even like the toy, buy it, and sell it on eBay for a huge profit (which yes, sadly does include some of the vendors... but keep in mind, not all :wink: ). (No, I am not talking about the people who collect them as well as sell them, I'm mainly talking about the people who really don't care for these pieces of art, but who only care about the money that they make from it. [-X shame on them! [-X

Last edited by EtR_Wolf on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:48 am 

EtR_Wolf wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:

That is all.

I understand where you are comming from, however I am sure that there are a lot of vendors who do collect these toys just like we do, and it wouldn't be fair to them if they couldn't get one just because they work in the field...

and as the ToyBaroness said:

ToyBaroness wrote:
I will admit, I handed out a few wristbands in the morning, until the security pointed out that the doors hadn't opened yet and that everyone in line was an exhibitor. At that point I stopped handing out wristbands to everyone with an exhibitor badge until customers came through the door. You can ask anyone of the first 50, some people were getting mad cause if they had a pink badge I skipped by them in line until I handed out the equal amount of bands to customers.
There is no way to prevent vendors from getting wristbands, we just have to find a way to make it so they are not all first.

So she/KidRobot didn't do that on purpose, and regular, non-vendor, people were able to get the dunnys as well.
And plus, what do you expect? There were only 200 of the SDCC exclusive dunnys available. Even if none of the vendors received one, a ton of people would still be unable to get one just because of the limited quantity...

So don't be mad at KidRobot or at the vendors... If anything, be mad at the people who don't even like the toy, buy it, and sell it on eBay for a huge profit. (No, I am not talking about the people who collect them as well as sell them, I'm mainly talking about the people who really don't care for these pieces of art, but who only care about the money that they make from it. [-X shame on them! [-X

Which, for all we know could be the vendors. Toy Tokyo is a store and it sells things for flipper prices, like the 4' Dissected.
I'm not personally upset cause I didn't get one. I just think that the "adults" working at con and organizing con should maybe give a sh*t about their fans a little more, that's all I'm saying. I know some of these people MIGHT be collectors, but... I dunno. They didn't have to wait outside since 6 AM like others. They didn't have to fight their way to the table. They got them the easy way with no competitions and that doesn't seem like the "fair and square" way to score a toy to me.

As for on purpose... no. But, no offense, it's called a watch/clock. Plus, I think if the doors had been opened, EVERYONE would know. First day at Comic Con is CRAZY when the doors open. It's like a stampede of elephants.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:56 am 

SDCC is way too overrated...hmmm TAX WRITE OFF FOR KIDROBOT!!!!

TungTLe,earthglass,tealady,iliksprite,ddokbaro,iliksprite,ddokbaro,
bk_bk,lilredbeaver,AW177,the_civic,Thatsmrlazy,just1nj,mandywave,
william,cahrowline,ray8753,boo4,alhooter,c483125117,jtukka,
MrMongoose,gustusbear,envizbl,carcrashheather,Ottawa,
meanmistert,xfalcon,muzikpheen,o_kedoki,kidrolito,gopeder111,
getupkid619,richardtharbaug,dsristau,Rejectx,ddokbaro,SecurityGeek,
TADO,reganomics813,kngdingaling,qwest1mark,mz,themonsterkrebs,
,richL,zincsaucier442,maz78,Brotherfudz,Shauni55,originalkaws,
Zeeshan,Gazpacho,tommynathan,Social Casual,killmylovekill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:23 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:

Which, for all we know could be the vendors. Toy Tokyo is a store and it sells things for flipper prices, like the 4' Dissected.
I'm not personally upset cause I didn't get one. I just think that the "adults" working at con and organizing con should maybe give a sh*t about their fans a little more, that's all I'm saying. I know some of these people MIGHT be collectors, but... I dunno. They didn't have to wait outside since 6 AM like others. They didn't have to fight their way to the table. They got them the easy way with no competitions and that doesn't seem like the "fair and square" way to score a toy to me.

As for on purpose... no. But, no offense, it's called a watch/clock. Plus, I think if the doors had been opened, EVERYONE would know. First day at Comic Con is CRAZY when the doors open. It's like a stampede of elephants.

Lol... I was just about to edit my post to include "some of the vendors" as follows:

EtR_Wolf wrote:
So don't be mad at KidRobot or at some of the vendors... If anything, be mad at the people who don't even like the toy, buy it, and sell it on eBay for a huge profit (which yes, does sadly include some of the vendors... but not all). (No, I am not talking about the people who collect them as well as sell them, I'm mainly talking about the people who really don't care for these pieces of art, but who only care about the money that they make from it. [-X shame on them! [-X

And yes, I understand that they are able to beat the crowd and all, but it does suck for them later on in the day when they have to sit at their booths when other exclusives are given out during the day...

I know of at least one active vendor and one ex-vendor who are avid collectors. The one active vendor is a partial owner of a store that sells vinyl toys, and he actually has a booth at the SDCC. He is a huge collector (bigger than me even) and it would really suck for him if he wouldn't be able to get a SDCC exclusive just because he co-owns the store and has a booth there. I'm sure if he were to buy an exclusive, it would be for him to take home, and not to just re-sell it for a much higher profit.
As for the ex-vendor, she actually quit her job, partially so that she can actually enjoy these events. As someone who worked at the store, she had to attend to the customers, and had no way of just simply enjoying the events as a regular customer could. If she still currently worked there, it would also not be fair to her if she couldn't get a vinyl toy just because she was working there...

But I do agree with you about the other vendors who would buy just to re-sell later. Unfortunately, it's very hard, if not, impossible, to distinguish between the people who want to buy to add to their collection, and those who just want to make crazy profit off of the toys.

The thing is, I don't mind when people put some of the items on ebay, and start the items on a very low bid (like $10 or so), and just let other bidders decide how much they want to pay for the item... This way, people who can't go to the SDCC have a chance on owning one of the exclusives... I just don't like the people who put up the vinyl toys on ebay with a buy it now option for a VERY rediculous price. (and again, not the ones that put them up for buy it now for a "reasonable" price, just the rediculous priced ones)...

But all of this is just my opinion, and I know that everyone doesn't share same opinions... so, yeah, let's just have fun and be merry! :partyman: :) lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:51 am 

i agree, don't hate the vendors (until they flip it, then hate away).

most vendors were/are fans first, and they became vendors through their love of the toys.

they shouldn't get priority, and kidrobot should probably limit the number of wristbands they will hand out to vendors to less than 25% or something, but they definitely deserve a shot at the exclusives.

if they weren't there working, they would be there as fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:07 am 

unmundane wrote:
if they weren't there working, they would be there as fans.

Right. Then they should have to WAIT until they let the fans in to start getting in lines. I'm not saying I disagree with the fact that vendors got them, that's life. It just irks me that since they were ALREADY inside, they didn't have to fight with the rest of the mob of people who wanted them. They had an easy advantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:42 am 

i hear ya.
but, the baroness acknowledged that it was a mistake and she stopped handing out the wristbands when she realized it.
i guess they could have tried to take them back, but that creates other problems.
it was just the vendors day to get lucky, chalk it up to that.
some times the mistakes work in your favor, sometimes you get hosed.

anyone who collects this stuff for any length of time knows that there is going to be some kind of screw up with just about every exclusive release that is going to further limit your minute chances at getting whatever it is.

in my experience, limited releases rarely go smoothly and never please everyone.

whenever i really want something, i commit to buying at flipper prices on ebay before it is even released.
if i end up being lucky enough to get it during the release at retail, super, i got a killer deal. but if i really want it, i'll get it anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:44 am 

You never win whatever one does in this situation.
We know they did an effort to correct the situation yet admitted a slip.
No solution here except do a raffle.
That too won't solve all the issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:52 am 

yabadabahdoh wrote:
You never win whatever one does in this situation.
We know they did an effort to correct the situation yet admitted a slip.
No solution here except do a raffle.
That too won't solve all the issues.

I would have rather seen a raffle than a "mistake" like that.

I know she admitted it was a mistake, it just seems... meh. Like, really, I'm surprised she didn't know it wasn't open. Kids entering Con is like a herd of elephants stampeding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:34 am 

I can hear an announcement, "all armed security personal to KIdrobot's booth !!"
Can't wait what tomorrow brings..SAtURDAY!!

Couple of years I attended this events brings me memories...

As the doors opened to the Mail Hall there was an announcement yelling "do not run, do not run !" Yet all went faster...

A security guy screaming "Come back at 11 to this booth, do not block the walkways, move out !"
Everyone was just staring at him with a huge smile.
Yeah right ? There is one of you and 200 of us Rambo !?!
He simply realized that and walked away. Everyone kept laughing ....not one step from anyone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

FATCAPS ? Who buys FATcaps ? :-#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:06 am 

you were on the other side of the con....you just waited in the wrong line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:59 am 

Wow. Stop whining and learn how this works. I was in line at 7 am and waited to get in, Once I did I raced over to KR and got number 54 and was actually the last person to buy one of the gold ones they had as well. I have no clue how you managed to not get one if you were there at 5 am but my guess is you were at the opposite end of the con and that you waited in some random line. Like others said even people with numbers over 200 got one because some didn't show up. Also I know for a fact that many of the "vendors" you are bashing were fellow boardies that were helping out vendors like rotofugi and they are not going to flip the dunny.

My Collection: viewtopic.php?p=1357511&sid=023f238424909fe8104a298e0f14e2e8#1357511

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:51 am 

Manga_Spawn wrote:
Wow. Stop whining and learn how this works. I was in line at 7 am and waited to get in, Once I did I raced over to KR and got number 54 and was actually the last person to buy one of the gold ones they had as well. I have no clue how you managed to not get one if you were there at 5 am but my guess is you were at the opposite end of the con and that you waited in some random line. Like others said even people with numbers over 200 got one because some didn't show up. Also I know for a fact that many of the "vendors" you are bashing were fellow boardies that were helping out vendors like rotofugi and they are not going to flip the dunny.

im with manga on this one. my brother and i got there at 6am. waited in the line to get badges and got let into the con as soon as the doors open, we were on hte opposite end and walked to the KR booth, got in line and we were #111 and #112. im not sure what the author is talking about either. if it was his priority he would have got one, heck i even got my bracelot then walked to mindstyle and picked up 2 anniversary sets. talk about being proactive!!

p.s. manga i think i saw you on thursday. light blue shirt right?? i saw you in the horvath line. i only know because i recognized your ice bat with the silver and gold scales. really great in person by the way.

cant wait to do it all over tomorrow for the visell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:24 am 

I lined up assuming it led to Kidrobots booth. As it got closer I realize I was in line for Strangeco booth....then another line was for Super7 ....
Watch out lines form left and right of the booths . Make sure your in the correct line forming at all directions.

This could have happened here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:24 am 

The whole wristband system didn't seem to work all that great for the Lucky Cat release. I arrived at the convention center at about 9:25 and just decided to wait for the front doors to open (In my experience over the past few years, it has always been better to enter through the front doors rather than go upstairs and wait to get in). So they finally let us through the front doors about 9:40 and I immediately head to the KR booth. When I get there, I see them handing out wristbands and get into the line, which was really not that long. But I did notice that a bunch of the people in front of me had wristbands already, and were cycling back through to get extras to give to people to buy. I think that because KR started handing out the wristbands to the vendors early or before most of us got in, lots of the vendors were able to go through and get extra wristbands. I even saw a person with almost a page of bands, which I though was unfair to others. But KR did get it together for today's Deph Fatcap. We'll see how tomorrow goes. (Sorry for the long read, but I hope it helped explain a bit of what was going on.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:32 am 

Whole page seems too much..maybe that individual was handing it out for Kidrobot ?
As for extra bands, your allowed 2, one for the Lucky and one Fortune Dunny.

See tomorrow...
I will be wearing this :wink:

Last edited by tq on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:43 am 

just1nj wrote:
Pretty sure the first half of the fatcap line is exhibitors, pros, etc. Lol so funny

yeah, i was realllly far back in that line today. but when baroness came by, she skipped all vendors, and only gave the people (us atendees) get it. then if there was any left, then they could get one. so actually i was over 100 people back in the line, and after they scanned through to only get us, then i got #22. goes to show how many vendors there were...

Last edited by bamboozofunfair on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:50 am 

GLENNjamin wrote:
hey tyler2313, were you in the low 100 section of todays release? i think i was close to you standing in line. I'm just tryin to match names with faces :)

and yea i've seen this one asian group of guys working the toy exclusives hoarding more than any collector should. The one guy in the group in front of me bought one of each size of the kr exclusive shirts during preview night after finding out that the 6"fatcap came with the shirts. Then they asked how many futurama blinds they could buy as a group... I ended up seeing em all around checking upon how many exclusives they could get from each booth... :gettingdeep:

Yes. we were 99 and 100 who were you? I really wanted to meet some other boardies, and the only one I've met is Baroness, lol.

Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:51 am 

TQ LMAO
you beat me to that !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next