forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 am 

Yeah we skipped the line today because when we got in at 9:30 the line was already insane! I wish I would have known Baroness was skipping over the exhibitors. I mean we dashed in right at 9:30, I wondered how all those people got there so fast. Maybe we will line up tomorrow for the labbit. Hey if any boardies are there, come say hello. I get sooooooooooooooooo bored just standing there :)

Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:06 am 
ToyBaroness and Ryan are doing a great job! Considering the stress of these releases I am impressed with how they are dealing with it and doing the best to make everyone happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 am 

Is Ryan the guy w the moustache? He was really nice too. We were chatting him up this afternoon and he was super cool and patient even though he had been there all day. I personally would be a bit crabby but hey that's just me.

Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:29 am 
tyler2313 wrote:
Is Ryan the guy w the moustache? He was really nice too. We were chatting him up this afternoon and he was super cool and patient even though he had been there all day. I personally would be a bit crabby but hey that's just me.

Yup, great guy! Glad KR sent him over to help manage the KR SDCC booth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 am 

I can't wait for tomorrow. Going to give it a try and see how it goes. feeeeet so tired! Massage booth is somewhere around 5408! See you guys tomorrow!

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:21 pm 

They kill it. The Baroness does her best to to try to please the folks. The SDCC is definitely a tedious job at times, but very fun too. I do commend her and the crew on handling things. As you know, it gets hectic. I do understand the frustration... i do..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:16 pm 

I must say that I really like what you guys did today w/ twitter. It was really fun and the other vendors that got involved were so confused at first :)

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:33 pm 

Yeah that's me. I gave that icebat to horvath. Next time grab me and say hi. I am still going to be there tomorrow and Sunday. Gotta get the babo kaiju.

Oh one yay free drinks! Thank you sideshow!!

1V1ARTIN wrote:
Manga_Spawn wrote:
Wow. Stop whining and learn how this works. I was in line at 7 am and waited to get in, Once I did I raced over to KR and got number 54 and was actually the last person to buy one of the gold ones they had as well. I have no clue how you managed to not get one if you were there at 5 am but my guess is you were at the opposite end of the con and that you waited in some random line. Like others said even people with numbers over 200 got one because some didn't show up. Also I know for a fact that many of the "vendors" you are bashing were fellow boardies that were helping out vendors like rotofugi and they are not going to flip the dunny.

im with manga on this one. my brother and i got there at 6am. waited in the line to get badges and got let into the con as soon as the doors open, we were on hte opposite end and walked to the KR booth, got in line and we were #111 and #112. im not sure what the author is talking about either. if it was his priority he would have got one, heck i even got my bracelot then walked to mindstyle and picked up 2 anniversary sets. talk about being proactive!!

p.s. manga i think i saw you on thursday. light blue shirt right?? i saw you in the horvath line. i only know because i recognized your ice bat with the silver and gold scales. really great in person by the way.

cant wait to do it all over tomorrow for the visell.

My Collection: viewtopic.php?p=1357511&sid=023f238424909fe8104a298e0f14e2e8#1357511

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:39 am 

honestly, this is to be expected, but dont worry, kr will probabaly just drop a few more "wharehouse finds" into the market at some point. it sux but everyone goes through this at some point, i've been to many releases/signings here and there over years of collecting, where after going early & waiting in your basic ridiculous line for way too long, for some reason when i got to the front, all sold out. so i asked "but then why was i behind people who already had the figure released, and you sold them another" ? its just part of the deal, welcome to the vinyl game.

see ---> http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=142062

FS - http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=100172
WTB - http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108323

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 am 

I just want to say that I think KR handled this fairly as can be done. First off, when the line was started in the back of the con, Baroness went through and anyone who WASN'T an exhibitor was removed from the line and taken to the front of the line. I defy you to find another booth that has ever done anything like that.

Of course there are going to be flippers, nothing can be done about that. Yes, there are a small number of retailers that flip. But the majority are honest. And the majority are in this business because they love toys, and are huge collectors themselves. And yes, they're were many who were in line. But there was nowhere near enough to fill the line. 3/4 of the people in line were attendees. There were families in line that were flippers and looking to buy one for member. Baroness said to a small child "I will give you a wristband if you know what you are in line for." When the child didn't know, she responded "How about if I give you a goodie bag instead?" and she did and the child was happy. The father wasn't, of course, but she was being as fair as she could. I give her mad props for being as fair as possible to everyone involved.

You can't make everyone happy. Some people are gonna miss out. I've missed out. But that is just part of collecting. And it's all about making it fair as you can, and make as many people happy as you can.

Great purchases from HBCoffin, Quest1mark, ontheDLwhoooops,Fericfanatic, Justinvancouver, flabby, lasergun, mossy, the Count, xblmanimal, sindekat, agitprop, irsk, Playdoh, puppetbrain, Tommynathan, Toybox
Great sales to De Large, SAMBA, zombiemonkey, justsusy, uberboy, guinnessfan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:28 am 

Actually whats really the crap, is that these toys drop, the artists do the signings and the toys sell.... then there are just a small handful of people, who are really there for the artist and their art.
I was about the toys when i got here to the Con, then i realized how hard it is to even try to score any exclusive, its madness with all the flippers around. I got to the KR booth to get the wood labbit and it was gone before it was even available. It dropped at 1p, i get back at 2p, there is no line, no one around and there is amanda and kozik, chillin, no one around. Right then and there i realized how crappy it must be to an artist to sit there and know that its not your art its profit the people came for. I chatted with AV for a second and asked for a wooden labbit sketch, she obliged and right now i cherish that 1000000000000000xxx more than the wood labbit, that is already on eBay of course....

sketches @ the con is really the best exclusive you can acquire! i only bought toys to support the artist and the company that brought them to the show...

heebysdaman,sstroh84,robbieXeff,nick210214,Slack,CAR,SJSharkie
hypekickz,bigdaddyh,A.D.B,haseown,dunnydummy,scud80,jdmslut
halfapparition,t0nyxp,ineedalife,tr3e,kevbayer,core4pro,adik.na.chinoy
eyeforaneye,JaneMancini,666doll,ineedalife,NewAddictions

Great Buys & Trades :
WandererLA, lbzx006x, fifobkc, masonmxn

My Collection!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:21 pm 
Best scene ever. Kid with a laptop flippin on ebay while in line. Someone told me about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:45 pm 

elevatedflow wrote:
Actually whats really the crap, is that these toys drop, the artists do the signings and the toys sell.... then there are just a small handful of people, who are really there for the artist and their art.
I was about the toys when i got here to the Con, then i realized how hard it is to even try to score any exclusive, its madness with all the flippers around. I got to the KR booth to get the wood labbit and it was gone before it was even available. It dropped at 1p, i get back at 2p, there is no line, no one around and there is amanda and kozik, chillin, no one around. Right then and there i realized how crappy it must be to an artist to sit there and know that its not your art its profit the people came for. I chatted with AV for a second and asked for a wooden labbit sketch, she obliged and right now i cherish that 1000000000000000xxx more than the wood labbit, that is already on eBay of course....

sketches @ the con is really the best exclusive you can acquire! i only bought toys to support the artist and the company that brought them to the show...

Go back and read Baroness' statement in this thread. She specifically states that if you want an exclusive you gotta be there immediately at opening. We were all there at 9:30 waiting in line, getting wristbands, and buying our toys. I love Labbits, I have a near complete collection. I was in line with tons of people that were there to buy a new Labbit for THEIR OWN COLLECTION. The idea that everyone there was a flipper or an exhibitor is a load of crap. Some people care about signatures, some people don't. They let us buy our figures at 10:00, and told us if we wanted them signed we could come back at 12:30 and get in line to get them signed. I don't care about signatures, I care about the art and the figure, so I didn't go back.

Getting exclusives at the con takes effort and work, but it isn't hard to do. When you show up at 1:00 for an ultra-limited and sought-after toy that is being released at 1:00, you aren't going to get one.

Great purchases from HBCoffin, Quest1mark, ontheDLwhoooops,Fericfanatic, Justinvancouver, flabby, lasergun, mossy, the Count, xblmanimal, sindekat, agitprop, irsk, Playdoh, puppetbrain, Tommynathan, Toybox
Great sales to De Large, SAMBA, zombiemonkey, justsusy, uberboy, guinnessfan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 pm 

A couple things happened today that lead to unavoidable things happening with the labbits.

First, our line got into the con a good 5-10 min before the exhibit hall actually opened. When I got down there I was thinking wow there aren't a lot of people yay. Several booths/lines for freebies later I made my way from the 5000s to the lucas pictures area and they announce the con is open.

Apparently the thing about today was KR lost a shipment so they were down by I think 45 labbits? People were hovering around the booth hoping to find out news that labbits arrived and/or people who got wrist bands didnt show up.

As a result I get there around 11 am and they're already selling labbits. (I won a wrist band the day before from baroness's twitter contest so I didn't visit the booth til later) I was kind of bummed we didn't have to line up in numerical order but happy I got my labbit anyways.

People lined up again around 1 pm to get their labbits signed but by then all labbits were sold. I don't know if they found any new labbits and I'm not sure how accurate the lost labbit info was but that was my experience for labbits today...

btw i saw a kid on his laptop in line... he was flippin on ebay??

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:03 pm 
tehlilone wrote:

btw i saw a kid on his laptop in line... he was flippin on ebay??

I heard the same thing! I did see someone on a laptop in the KR line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:41 pm 

THIS IS SOMETHING FOR THE BOOKS.
How can maybe 45pcs. be missing ?
LOTS OF CONSPIRACY THEORY HERE.
SHORT SHIPPED OR :-$ ?

I mean Kidrobot employees, I am sure also would like to buy exclusives, now if vendors can't get them, what more for KIDrobot employees ?
If they release all the edition to the public, I will hate to be working for Kidrobot.

Maybe this will re-appear in Dallas opening ? BE first in line!!!!

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Last edited by Rejectx on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:49 pm 

Lmfao @ the laptop in line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:50 pm 

Lmfao @ the laptop in line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:13 pm 

comic con tickets $100

your favorite exclusive $80

scoping princess leia's rump cleavage ... PRICELESS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:37 pm 

^ I was sitting down on the floor and I looked up at that leia from the back. Ehehehehe... I feel gross. Wasn't that great from the floor. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:47 pm 

Know what sucked about the con this year? The fact that I couldn't go.

Maybe instead of complaining that you didnt get one measly little toy you should be grateful that you even got to go in the first place. :neutral:

I didnt even want any toys! I just wanted to high five Hase!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 pm 

+1 for the baroness doing what she can... 8-[

My Band, Ninja Thunderbolt :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfW8WtlV-Fg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:42 am 

Rejectx wrote:
THIS IS SOMETHING FOR THE BOOKS.
How can maybe 45pcs. be missing ?
LOTS OF CONSPIRACY THEORY HERE.
SHORT SHIPPED OR :-$ ?

I mean Kidrobot employees, I am sure also would like to buy exclusives, now if vendors can't get them, what more for KIDrobot employees ?
If they release all the edition to the public, I will hate to be working for Kidrobot.

Maybe this will re-appear in Dallas opening ? BE first in line!!!!

45 of what were missing? the labbit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 am 

Samurai Lincoln wrote:
Know what sucked about the con this year? The fact that I couldn't go.

Maybe instead of complaining that you didnt get one measly little toy you should be grateful that you even got to go in the first place. :neutral:

I didnt even want any toys! I just wanted to high five Hase!

Exactly.

instagram: @big_c_art

https://www.facebook.com/BigC.artwork

GOOD BST LIST

My KR user name use to be
de Large

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:14 am 

KR did a great job this year, at least with the Dunny release ;) I thought it was organized and I liked how they lined people up against the back wall and went in number order. Only suggestion would be maybe get some signs next time that way people can line up more organized and not have to wait an hour or so. I got in line around 10am and was done by 11:45, in theory I could have walked around then found my way back to my place, between the two families that were buying 5 each :) Regarding the boardie who said they missed out at 5:45 am I find that hard to believe. I had a pro badge, not an exhibitor but professional that I picked up at 9:30, had coffee at starbucks in the hall and walked over to KR around 9:40 and was in the 160's. I did notice they let the people in front of the center in earlier this year, normally they open the hall to the peeps upstairs on line and open the front doors around 9:45. On Thursday I was out front and they opened the front doors around 9:30. Anyway well handled KR. I hear the people complaining about exhibitors but its not fair to isolate them, maybe they can set aside say 10% for exhibitors but not give out the exhibitor bands until 9:30am as well. I agree they should not be there at 9am getting wristbands ;) Why not have a separate line for those with exhibitor badges and keep it to a reasonable number? Either that or go to the lottery system which to me is the best way to do things. But for a release of 200 items I see that can be a hassle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next