forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: SDCC a total bust
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:41 am 

So im out in line @ 5:00am waiting for the doors to open @ SDCC.. I'm super excited because I'm one of the first people in line and know I'll have a really good chance at scoring a super exclusive SJ Dunny!!
The doors open!!!.... I race over to the KR booth!!!.... and to my suprise the KR vendor tells me all the wrist bands are sold out!!!???? WTF?? I look at the line of people...wouldn't you know a majority of them are toy vendors who were able to score there wrist bands before the general public?? WTF KR I would have never spent all the money to come out here if I new before hand that there was no chance of scoring a Dunny let alone an exclusive!!! I think selling wrist bands to other vendors before the general public is a total crock of s*&t. There was absolutely no chance to get one.
I plan on boycotting all the vendors that cheated me. I'm taking pictures of the line with my blackberry and will post them later. The line is full of people with vendor passes! This sucks!

Post subject: Re: SDCC a total bust
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:57 am 

JDF1 wrote:
So im out in line @ 5:00am waiting for the doors to open @ SDCC.. I'm super excited because I'm one of the first people in line and know I'll have a really good chance at scoring a super exclusive SJ Dunny!!
The doors open!!!.... I race over to the KR booth!!!.... and to my suprise the KR vendor tells me all the wrist bands are sold out!!!???? WTF?? I look at the line of people...wouldn't you know a majority of them are toy vendors who were able to score there wrist bands before the general public?? WTF KR I would have never spent all the money to come out here if I new before hand that there was no chance of scoring a Dunny let alone an exclusive!!! I think selling wrist bands to other vendors before the general public is a total crock of s*&t. There was absolutely no chance to get one.
I plan on boycotting all the vendors that cheated me. I'm taking pictures of the line with my blackberry and will post them later. The line is full of people with vendor passes! This sucks!

you must be new to the boards, and must not of read about the same thing happening when the mono possessed dropped 2 years back...

honestly...

there is far better toys/exclusives at the con then the SJ lucky cat...

hell you could of been after them while the vendors were in line for a dunny =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:19 am 

yikes that doesnt sound good..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:28 am 

It's NOT FAIR [-( [-( xsickx xsickx

qwest1mark,eckotyper, markie darkie, dunquixote, G3NR8, barnettkthrn, rizadette(2), drugmassacre, mogwai23, jose 2187, jaybi, AW177, Lil J NYC, dunnydummy, jmonusko, ns3d, drilone, nerbous, YummyOreos, Andy Bruce, dinosaur, xlpixels, dtrain, zonrboy, Miznotic_Garden, ratmloud, Dickisonk, FlyingJalapeno,NSTNATE , xxclandestinexx, haggard, akn220

Fair Trades happened with:
nerbous, tedmcintyre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 am 

Guess none of us are getting one then.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 am 

Wow, that's crazy and sucky... :gettingdeep:

My question is (since I never been to a convention quite like SDCC) are these wristbands for getting the SDCC exclusives? If so, when do they start selling/giving these wristbands? If you were able to go to the preview night, would you be able to have obtained one?
Also, for example, the Visell x Kozik labbit comes out on Saturday, do you have to have a wristband for that too? If so, when do you get that wristband (i.e. the night before, or at the preview night, the day of, or what?)?

I'm just curious since I am going to try and go for the first time next year to SDCC, and I definitely wouldn't want to get screwed over like that... #-o

Last edited by EtR_Wolf on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:27 am 

so i guess i can skip the KR booth until later in the day then if anything that's good is already taken. #-o

great boardies: woooooops, The Boy Wunder, thisbwill, spacej23, fairladyz, car, =DuNnYnNuD=, hashishan, mfmunny, Zartopian, analog101, shihan82, linh, droppixel, munkyman, aruss, tjones621, grimsheep, NotNotARobot, AJB603, smiffrobot, dreamattack27, turdhole, zincsaucier442, dubwars, PET1, dunnyjake, TiredChildren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:35 am 

damn i would b mad 2 but theres so much other good stuff at sdcc that it will prob mak up for it

want list + grails::coarsetoys Mint pain 1:3 (BOX ONLY) ROTO jaws (mint condition no seam or neck problem)...also Switch set and body bags NYFAT & LAFATS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:57 am 

It just seems sh*tty that KR would sell them to vendors ((who are in turn going to charge US, the FANS, flipper prices)) when they knew they were going to sell out anyway!

I mean, WTF. That's really, really sh*tty, KR. And I DO find out that hat is REALLY what happened, I think a complaint thread in the Ask KR section is in order.

It's not that I expected to get a black lucky cat, but I expected a CHANCE for my mule to get it. He didn't even get a chance. And I personally hate the gold one, or anything gold for that matter. So no lucky cat for me ((or any of us)) at retail cause KR = :gettingdeep: :gettingdeep: :gettingdeep:

And I'm not going to pay some store ridiculous flipper prices.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:15 am 

Just gonna say, that yea, bands were given out 15 min before the doors open to exhibitors but were not sold. If you were the first one there after the doors opened, you'd have one too. I believe once at number 40 something, close to 50. Actually I spoke with people with bands numbered in the hundred range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:17 am 

Mcheung125 wrote:
Just gonna say, that yea, bands were given out 15 min before the doors open to exhibitors but were not sold. If you were the first one there after the doors opened, you'd have one too. I believe once at number 40 something, close to 50. Actually I spoke with people with bands numbered in the hundred range.

Well, that's good news. It's not what everyone else was saying, but I'll take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:43 am 

Yeah... I heard about that happening again this year. They also opened the front exhibit doors pretty early so those lined up in sails pavilion or the other line were screwed I think.

I did happen to see someone w/ what looked like more than two wristbands (not entirely sure) but it was a family w/ two small children... I highly doubt that the husband and wife both wanted one also... so either mule or flip got one of the ones us con goers could have gotten.

This year... kidrobot... 0/3... sad sad lil one indeed. Hopefully I'll have better luck w/ Visell.

BTW I think it is a very very bad idea to release pics of stuff official before the con. Leaks and assumptions always make it out and are fine if you know how to find the info. It just draws more people who don't necessarily love the artist's work. Having it revealed day of in my opinion helps sorts out those who want it whatever it is and those who want it because everyone else wants it.

Last year I got to get whatever I wanted because I was there early, the year before was the same thing... this year it's sold out before I set foot on the exhibit hall floor.

Reveal the item @ a certain time day of and pass out tickets then IMHO

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:55 am 

tehlilone wrote:
Yeah... I heard about that happening again this year. They also opened the front exhibit doors pretty early so those lined up in sails pavilion or the other line were screwed I think.

I did happen to see someone w/ what looked like more than two wristbands (not entirely sure) but it was a family w/ two small children... I highly doubt that the husband and wife both wanted one also... so either mule or flip got one of the ones us con goers could have gotten.

This year... kidrobot... 0/3... sad sad lil one indeed. Hopefully I'll have better luck w/ Visell.

BTW I think it is a very very bad idea to release pics of stuff official before the con. Leaks and assumptions always make it out and are fine if you know how to find the info. It just draws more people who don't necessarily love the artist's work. Having it revealed day of in my opinion helps sorts out those who want it whatever it is and those who want it because everyone else wants it.

Last year I got to get whatever I wanted because I was there early, the year before was the same thing... this year it's sold out before I set foot on the exhibit hall floor.

I sort of disagree with this, only because I didn't get to go and had a mule. I would hate to spend $75 on something that I got sight-unseen and hated, then had to worry about re-selling it. Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 am 

I was wondering why I got the text "no shot at KR stuff" today from my mule. Oh well i've got my fingers crossed for the Luke head, Choe Wombat gal and some Ron English stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
tehlilone wrote:

I sort of disagree with this, only because I didn't get to go and had a mule. I would hate to spend $75 on something that I got sight-unseen and hated, then had to worry about re-selling it. Just my opinion.

true... but that's the great thing about technology today... picture txts. Almost everyone has a cell phone w/ a camera. It's how I muled some stuff in past years. It's fast, it's easy, it makes everyone happy. It also takes money, time, and energy to get up early enough to be in the first into the exhibit hall crowd.

If you think about it... the people going to the convention are more screwed than you are if you get a mule. If you don't like it's more than likely easier to find a buyer for it. Sure it's a hassle but it's doable. If they don't get it the mule will return your money (they're supposed to anyways) and you can go on your merry way...

On the other hand, you go there yourself and stand in line (entrance line then wristband line... If you don't make the cut off then you hover around patiently waiting for the chance that someone forgets to line back up. (hall opens at 9:30 and signing at 11... they started early this time so the actual people who had wrist bands were done around 12 pm) after a few hours of waiting and waiting you find out you can't get it, wasted your time in line, wasted your money on a ticket if you really wanted just that exclusive, and get reminded that you missed it by a hair whenever you see someone walking around with it or you pass the booth for the rest of the day and possibly the weekend.

Speaking from my personal experience tho don't know about anyone else but that's the way I see it. I'd rather find out day of for the sake of eliminating competition :3

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:14 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
tehlilone wrote:

yeah.. or what if you pass on a panel or other release.. just to see what the KR release on that special time.. and the exclusive is crap.. that'll suck..

i say everyone go to SDCC knowing that they won't get everything or anything that they want.. and just have a good time.. it sucks already to have to pay for a ticket.. just to sit in a line..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:27 am 

some people win so other people can lose .. thats life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:32 am 

haseown wrote:
some people win so other people can lose .. thats life

True that.

KR can't make everyone happy. They try, but sometimes fail.
OK, a lot of times fail. Hehe. Kidding....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:33 am 

could be worse you could be at work just enjoy being there some people cant go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:11 am 

Remember, a lot of times, its FRIENDS of vendors that get passes from the vendor, they get in early, they swap passes/badges etc., and thus the scavenger hunt begins before the doors open to the public...

It's part of ALL cons, nothing new, it has always happened...
\:D/

Don't front, many on the boards knows how it goes down; many of the victimizations -- HA -- has been done by fellow boardies! :-({|=

Post subject: Re: SDCC a total bust
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:49 am 

JDF1 wrote:

Don't boycott the other vendors. They're just doing what most of us would do given that chance. Boycott KR if anything for allowing it to happen. Then again this kind of unfair stuff happens all the time with KR, it's expected.

SUCCESSFUL DEALS-- BONER, reindrpz, BleedingEgg, reggiedvd, chelseacandy, dunnycrazed101, casper721, twotwelve, DeeCaff, haverford, meanmistert, MonsterDecay, toddivision, symcity1, RazhoR, Sanchaveli

WWW.UNBAREABLE.COM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 am 

Welcome to SDCC this always happens.

Wait till you see the LUke CHueh release...I hope your not going for that one also?
:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: I can't wait for this drama to happen.

I say someone have to go out by the top of the elevator or where ever the line starts before the main hall entrance thAT LEADS TO THE BOOTHS AND START GIVING OUT BANDS THERE... NOT INSIDE THE HALL !!!

nO ONE LISTENS....

YOU CAN'T HAVE A POLICY vendors in SDCC are not allowed to purchase ??
They don't care....they just want those hundreds of people blocking the booth out of there and they day will go stress-free. So give out the wristband and get them out of here . Come back at 11Am for the signing and pay for your grabs....and get out.. :rolleyes: They don't care if you drop from the roof as long as your there by 10Am when they start giving the bands. :-&

ghettoenhanced, Peter- Awesome(CA), cprobot(CA), tactics(HI)x2, Trip(IL), lessthanmike(OH), Just-DAn X2(UK),Chris ARe(NYC), THECANABISKILLA, droid241(CT), djfohm,rizadette(WA), benvt (VT), SnorseWhisperer (WA), Assburrito!, Steph, j3tang, mynameisking,

Last edited by Rejectx on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:09 am 

Arrived at the Con by 8:30, got in line by 8:45, got into the Con around 9:35-9:40, got wristband #191 and got my black lucky cat, which looks amazing. There were about 10 people with wristbands that didn't show up, so 10 people beyond #200 got one as well.

Don't know where the author of this thread got in line, but I had a great experience and wanted to thank KR.

Successful Transactions: the_sentient, 250C, funnymunny, Mz59Fifty, sgr1000, rco, therealchinaman, nypedestrian, DiZiXtOiD, Kevbayer, Ryn, Shibori, BurymewithmyToys, Roach, Prophecy, genejo, coreyxc4, Nicedream, Mongo Lloyd, Eiji, mooshysushi, lediscode, DManTX, Spooky+, SUSAN2008, originalkaws, killerz4ever, Dieselfeast, mzkayDi

WANTED: Bunnywith a Banana Suit by Alex Pardee
WANTED: Shuttlemax (Classic, red, HK order of colorway preference) by Bill 'Billions McMillions' McMullen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:13 am 

EtR_Wolf wrote:
Wow, that's crazy and sucky... :gettingdeep:

My question is (since I never been to a convention quite like SDCC) are these wristbands for getting the SDCC exclusives? If so, when do they start selling/giving these wristbands? If you were able to go to the preview night, would you be able to have obtained one?
Also, for example, the Visell x Kozik labbit comes out on Saturday, do you have to have a wristband for that too? If so, when do you get that wristband (i.e. the night before, or at the preview night, the day of, or what?)?

I'm just curious since I am going to try and go for the first time next year to SDCC, and I definitely wouldn't want to get screwed over like that... #-o

hey! yeah, the wristands are all for the exclusives, they give them out FIRST thing in the morning, first come first serve! yeah, you have to get a wristband for the vissel, that too you will get FIRST thing in the morning. If you are not there before your number they gave you, there is a waiting list and it will then be given to them. i got the black dunny this morning, and right when the doors opened we ran to get a band. we got 3, very fortunate.

[ Added: Fri 24 Jul, 2009 9:14 am ]
jmonusko wrote:
Arrived at the Con by 8:30, got in line by 8:45, got into the Con around 9:35-9:40, got wristband #191 and got my black lucky cat, which looks amazing. There were about 10 people with wristbands that didn't show up, so 10 people beyond #200 got one as well.

Don't know where the author of this thread got in line, but I had a great experience and wanted to thank KR.

i totally agree. thanks KR(:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:20 am 

He maybe in line for the restrooms that crossed the KDr booth ? :doubt:

Author ain't lying here, 5Am he is there....no one will lie about this.

This happened to me also last year, yet a different booth. I know 'coz I was there in the front (first 50 humans) waiting for the main convention hall door to open . And wristband was gone to by the time I reach the booth. There was a line of 60-100 already around the booth and I was the first 50 swarmed in the general public door waiting since 530Am ???

Only one door opens at 10am...dunno where the others entered.....

Tell us who is a lie ?

Last edited by yabadabahdoh on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next