forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:46 am 

lottery system is really not fair either - with the luke chueh i saw some people won like four of them cause they got 20 of their friends to get tickets for them. There's no real fair way to do it. It is what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:52 am 

Samurai Lincoln wrote:
Know what sucked about the con this year? The fact that I couldn't go.

Maybe instead of complaining that you didnt get one measly little toy you should be grateful that you even got to go in the first place. :neutral:

I didnt even want any toys! I just wanted to high five Hase!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 am 

SDCC was awesome this year. KR did a great job with the releases I thought and I didn't even have a chance to get any of their exclusive toys.

Definitely one of the best sdcc's so far

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:03 am 

haseown wrote:

Thats how I pictured it! The most epic high five in all the land!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07 pm 

tyler2313 wrote:
GLENNjamin wrote:
hey tyler2313, were you in the low 100 section of todays release? i think i was close to you standing in line. I'm just tryin to match names with faces :)

and yea i've seen this one asian group of guys working the toy exclusives hoarding more than any collector should. The one guy in the group in front of me bought one of each size of the kr exclusive shirts during preview night after finding out that the 6"fatcap came with the shirts. Then they asked how many futurama blinds they could buy as a group... I ended up seeing em all around checking upon how many exclusives they could get from each booth... :gettingdeep:

Yes. we were 99 and 100 who were you? I really wanted to meet some other boardies, and the only one I've met is Baroness, lol.

Ah i was # 105. The guy in with the Aloha hat behind u guys. so did u pick up any other kr releases?

Good Transactions with coasterbear, Zeeshan,sgsterne, joey37,Selph one, MAD,pigeon_que, Dunnyhunny, Meanmistert, LYTE-BRYTE-BOY,Annerz,Playdoh, Dunny_Photo, xxclandestinexx,DeanoMeano, Tactics, JDMslut, d0m0kun,Nebulon5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:42 pm 

KR is weaksauce. Bottom line- give out your wristbands at noon or something so everyone gets at least that much of a chance. You don't give it all out before doors open for the general public. That is just questionable business practice. Yeah, we missed the SJ Dunny- the first time we really wanted a Dunny, but it's all good cuz we got sweeter stuff from MindStyle anyways. Those cats know how to make and sell a toy. Plus we got Andrew Bell's O-No Sushi exclusive- super cute. Show the peeps who support you some respect KidRobot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:04 pm 

Booths cannot allow lines or large groups to form in the aisle. No matter how you look at it, large releases require wristbands to be given out at opening in order to comply with convention rules and fire safety guidelines. You say you want them to start giving out wristbands at 12. Okay, so what do you think is going to happen? There will be a mob of 400-500 people jostling to get wristbands. Complete and utter chaos. Andrew Bell had his exclusive on sale in more than one location, and Mindstyle never had anywhere near the kind of mania that surrounds Kidrobot releases. Everyone that is complaining is only doing so because they didn't get one.

Great purchases from HBCoffin, Quest1mark, ontheDLwhoooops,Fericfanatic, Justinvancouver, flabby, lasergun, mossy, the Count, xblmanimal, sindekat, agitprop, irsk, Playdoh, puppetbrain, Tommynathan, Toybox
Great sales to De Large, SAMBA, zombiemonkey, justsusy, uberboy, guinnessfan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:36 pm 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree, imagine from 9am till 12Pm...400-700 people standing infront of KIdrobot booth and not one will move till wristbands are distributed. \:D/

I would guess people who live in a none Kidrobot store state or in demand artist release have no idea how it works for years.

People even camp out. Just like in your neighborhood WALMArt day after Thanksgiving...its that insane.

Now you know for next year. Schedule says signing at 1Pm not selling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:42 am 

I agree that many people standing there would be bad. At the super 7 Big Sal signing we (the line) got yelled at by security twice and the other booth were not happy at all with us as they were missing out on customers.

I think giving the wristbands out in the morning and having the signing in the afternoon was fine just wished I could get out of line to roam around and stuff. First day we waited and hours or so. Was all good in the end.

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:15 am 

I wasn't surprised that the SJ Dunny sold out so fast but the wristbands did go a little too quick. There's always a problem with vendors getting dibs but some booths actually had signs out saying NO vendor sales on preview night, even after the doors had been long open. I'm only sad because I was supposed to pick some up for boardies and I came up empty handed.

To make sure I was able to get the Deph Fatcap I talked to Nicole about the wristbands and she said to be here(at the KidRobot booth) first thing. I did that only to find out they were lining up against the back wall. I was able to score one though. Also, this always happens but, lack of communication. We were told a wristband doesn't guarantee a figure so a lot of people waited in line. After about 20min I heard that you could just go buy the figure now if you didn't want an autograph. I risked it and walked right up to the booth and bought the Fatcap.

I don't think KR did anything wrong, I like the wristband idea. Better then the random drawing like MunkyKing. I could of been in line at 5am and been the first one to the booth and it wouldn't matter.

I had a blast and my room is full of awesome stuff to prove it. I'm only disappointed I was unable to get everything for other people. Now off to organize stuff and get my mule lists in check. See you in SD next year.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:57 am 

It was crazy... no more muling unless I KNOW YOU. But I liked the wristband/ticket idea... less people in line and I was able to run off to get a sketch - but the day that DEPH Fat Cap was released, we couldn't leave - so we were told... so I lost out on Itokin Park...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:11 am 

jemappellekat wrote:
It was crazy... no more muling unless I KNOW YOU. But I liked the wristband/ticket idea... less people in line and I was able to run off to get a sketch - but the day that DEPH Fat Cap was released, we couldn't leave - so we were told... so I lost out on Itokin Park...

I know I was trying to get some of the custom Spawns signed by Todd MacFarlane and only got one done.

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:15 pm 

DKE/munky king/toy tokyo/super 7 all did it the right way with their releases... one ticket per badge, and DKE even stamped your badge. to make it even more fool proof they could have asked for ID and made sure the id name matched the badge/person picking it up. the employees could write the ticket number on the badge under the persons name, and then check id. there are far better ways to do things than give out wristbands to the first 200 people in line.

to get the KR releases, you gotta have skill. to get every thing else, you need luck.

and when i say everything else, i mean it! kr is the ONLY one who does it this way.

i wonder why? are they trying to go against the grain that much? are they trying to be different? or are they just trying to make things compicated?

don't get me wrong, i had LOTS of fun at the con, just only after i pretended KR wasn't there. :)

am i the only one who thinks that it sucks KR does things their own way like this? who is this pleasing? make things easier on yourself and do a raffle like everyone else. it would cause so many less problems, imo.

and i totally understand the lot of you who got an exclusive, saying 'KR handled it fine'... that's cause you had the skill and got one.

and one final note: the baroness' twitter message from friday:
"Still waiting to give out this wristband, who wants to be #13 in line and not have to show up till 1 tomorrow?!" in reference to the labbit release on saturday.

I'm really glad i didn't show up at 1, or even an hour early at 12, for the LABBIT THAT WENT ON SALE AT 10:30! WHAT HAPPENED TO 1? Who jumps the gun by two and a half hours?

i love how they keep us informed by giving us totally wrong information. that's proof that they need to get their ish together. who says something goes on sale at 1 that really goes on sale at 10:30? and initally it was 11. maybe that meant 9:30?

wow. that's all... i needed to rant. i'm glad the wood dunny has a run of 1500 :)

Awesome B/S/T

My Trade Thread | CUSTOM KIDROBOT JEWELRY FOR SALE!!

Nicocato wrote:
she hangs her prosthesis on a chain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:58 pm 

That tweet was Baroness giving away a wristband a day early. If you went and talked to her, you got the wristband, and didn't have to go get one the next day.

Super7 also did "wristbands" and handed out numbered tickets. I prefer the wristbands. If I really want a toy, I'll go early, ask the booth, wait in lines. I hate lottos because even if I want a toy, I can't always buy it. I wanted the Purple and Yellow Paws, and only won the yellow. Whatever, still amped I won, but wish it would have been a first come first served system instead.

Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:23 am 

I did the whole "find baroness and get a wristband if you had a toy nerd button on" .. lol. When she said she was at 1300, my friend and i were like ''forget this.." haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:32 am 

BakerTheZombie wrote:
That tweet was Baroness giving away a wristband a day early. If you went and talked to her, you got the wristband, and didn't have to go get one the next day.

Not exactly just talk to her, it was a contest to find the baroness and give her what she wanted. Only 5 were given out.
#1 - Buy a rotofugi "Toy nerd" pin and bring it with you
#2 - Bring a picture of you and a star wars character
#3 - Bring a "where the wild things are" crown
#4 - Bring a picture of you giving plex from munky king a high five
#5 - Bring a picture of you with any known superhero

I personally found it fun. I got the 2nd one, it was wristband #11. But the labbit release was earlier than I expected it to be and as long as you had a wristband w/o an x you could get in line. (they started selling before 11 am) so I'm glad I didn't sleep in 8-[

As for the skill part... I don't think you need skill to get a KR release. You need pure luck. They opened the hall up to the line I was personally in before 9:30. We were walking around for a good 5-10 minutes before "the hall was open" by then the line was pretty long for the labbits (I walked past it). I believe they started selling early since ppl were just standing around.

One thing you must learn about SDCC releases. They often times will occur earlier than said because of luck mostly and the fact that security gets GRRRR when they see bunches of people crowding a line for a booth and they want it out of there or they shut down the booth. So hover if you really want something.

My bf uses my account also so PMs are either from me (Jenn aka tehlilone) or him :) If you haven't heard from me in a while just PM again I'm forgetful. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:38 am 

Some of those ELITE workers are complete idiots, especially the ones before you enter the actual exhibit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 am 

just1nj wrote:
I did the whole "find baroness and get a wristband if you had a toy nerd button on" .. lol. When she said she was at 1300, my friend and i were like ''forget this.." haha

haha me too. and i kept going after the toy nerd button one. do you know how long it takes to get from 4300 to 200, past hasbro and lego? a very long time lol.

after that i was hot and sweaty and ready to go back to the hotel. it was super fun though, even though i didn't win a wristband. people must have thought i was insane when around aisle 900 i yelled "BARONESS WHERE ARE YOU?". security didn't like that one. :)

and i know that tweet was baroness giving wristbands out early, but that tweet pretty much said 'get a wristband now if you don't wanna get here at 1 tomorrow for the release'. So the night before the release she said the labbits are going on sale at 1, and even if i got there early for the 1pm release, say 11 or 12, i still wouldn't have gotten one because they didn't go on sale at 1... they went on sale at 10:30! so i would have had to get there around, say 8:30.... how far is that from 1pm? a long, long time. blatent misinformation! get what i'm saying?

i still had lost of fun, so don't think i'm just being negative nancy. a LOT of fun. everyone else at the con was spectacular, and i had not one problem with the near 200 booths i visited OTHER than kidrobot. and i'm not the only one who had problems, not by a longshot. otherwise this thread wouldn't be six pages long.

and super 7 realized the wristbands just cause problems and stopped doing that early on. that's what every other company does when things go wrong... they fix it! but not kr... they just say oh well, we do it our way so tough. deal with it. that's what i think sucks. i'm not even upset about walking away with 0 KR excusives, i'm mad that i didn't have a chance because i wasn't in the loop of the secret ways of entering the convention center. that's how you get KR stuff at comic con, and they are the ONLY ones that are like that.

scratch that, here is a list of people who sell their wares only to those who know how to find them:
drug dealers
underground baby rings
kidney stealers
fighting dog breeders
kaws
kidrobot

lol :)

Awesome B/S/T

My Trade Thread | CUSTOM KIDROBOT JEWELRY FOR SALE!!

Nicocato wrote:
she hangs her prosthesis on a chain

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6