forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:38 am 

I highly encourage everyone to stalk this booth!!
Atta is always super damn nice to talk to and last year I met Travis and Edwin for the first time and both those gents were so down to earth and cool as hell.

My friend stalked camilla last year sorta and she is rad too.
this year tho soooo many artists ive been stoked to meet for a long time

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:12 am 

halfapparition wrote:
Atta is always super damn nice to talk to and last year I met Travis and Edwin for the first time and both those gents were so down to earth and cool as hell.

Agreed Attaboys super down to earth and cool as hell. Always nice to talk to him and see him at the con.

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:01 am 

rottierook wrote:
halfapparition wrote:

Agreed Attaboys super down to earth and cool as hell. Always nice to talk to him and see him at the con.

Not to hump his leg or anything but yeah, totally cool guy, always down for a sketch and his sketches are the bomb.

I'm stoked about Chris Ryniak, just saw the new colab piece Misfortunate Travelers that'll be at the Gardens of Misfortune show in Montreal. Maybe some love for SDCC.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:04 am 

cheeky wrote:
jceballo wrote:
I have a sketchbook that I set aside for artist sketches. I also bring along a few different kinds of pens so the artist has a small choice of medium to use. There have been times I've brought along bristol paper so that I could frame the sketches later, but since I never get around to framing I just bring the sketch book.

I always bring pens for the artist to use, but never bring them out cause I feel like I'll be forcing them or offending them if I bring my pens out. I dunno maybe that sounds stupid. I'm just scarred, it's like meeting a star.

What kind of pens would be good to bring? I was going to bring the munny markers and sharpies but I have no clue about art pens and stuff. Any suggestions?

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 am 

Sykogrl wrote:
cheeky wrote:
jceballo wrote:
I have a sketchbook that I set aside for artist sketches. I also bring along a few different kinds of pens so the artist has a small choice of medium to use. There have been times I've brought along bristol paper so that I could frame the sketches later, but since I never get around to framing I just bring the sketch book.

I always bring pens for the artist to use, but never bring them out cause I feel like I'll be forcing them or offending them if I bring my pens out. I dunno maybe that sounds stupid. I'm just scarred, it's like meeting a star.

What kind of pens would be good to bring? I was going to bring the munny markers and sharpies but I have no clue about art pens and stuff. Any suggestions?

I always have 3 new black Sharpies and 1 Permapaque black(for vinyl) on me but you'll find that a lot of artists will have their own pens to sign and sketch with. Can't go wrong with Sharpies for sketches but they will fade and bleed on DIY vinyl toys so get a good marker like the Permapaque or Posca. Munny markers however are crappy, I usually just toss em away or in a random box of markers.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:41 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
Sykogrl wrote:
cheeky wrote:
jceballo wrote:

I always have 3 new black Sharpies and 1 Permapaque black(for vinyl) on me but you'll find that a lot of artists will have their own pens to sign and sketch with. Can't go wrong with Sharpies for sketches but they will fade and bleed on DIY vinyl toys so get a good marker like the Permapaque or Posca. Munny markers however are crappy, I usually just toss em away or in a random box of markers.

Great thanks. I will add that to my shopping list!

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm 

Yoskay will be signing on Friday at SDCC at our booth #4539
Will be releasing his latest edition of Bronze Kobitio and face pins.
Check it out <3

<3 Munky King

Last edited by munkyking on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 pm 

^very nice.

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:43 am 

Strangekiss - Booth #4637

Friday @ 4PM - Frank Kozik
Saturday @ 12PM - David Lanham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:00 am 

luckydunny wrote:

PLUS...

Saturday, July 25th, 2PM - Strangekiss proudly presents the first virtual interactive signing at SDCC. Its true that MAD can't make it out in body to SDCC, so we thought we would bring him virtually on Saturday July 25th at 2 PM. Talk to MAD while he draws you a personal sketch from his studios and prints locally. Don't be surprised if he calls you by name or yells "Hey you in that red hat" as you pass by! We mean INTERACTIVE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:00 am 

luckydunny wrote:

Saturday @ 2PM - MAD (Interactive) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 am 

rottierook wrote:
halfapparition wrote:

Atta and Annie are the best!

Post subject: FACE PINS
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:34 pm 

Here they are!
BABURU
Created by Yoskay Yamamoto
produced by Munky King
Resin pins
Edition of 200 each color*
Available at SDCC :rolleyes:

<3 The king

[ Added: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 1:36 pm ]
munkyking wrote:
Here they are!

Edition of 200 each color*
Available at SDCC :rolleyes:

<3 The king

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 pm 

Not a signing, but it's a dope panel..

The Black Panel - Saturday @ 10am. Featuring Ludacris, Kel (Kenan & Kel), and a few others.

Post subject: new signers added!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 am 

We've just added a few more artists signings!

12. Bob Dob: 4pm Friday

13. Yoskay Yamamoto: 2pm Friday.

and one more to be announced on Sunday!

get updates from us at the Con at Twitter:
hi-fructose on twitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:53 am 

Strangeco Booth #4629

Thursday @ 2 pm - Mark Nagata
Friday @ 1 pm - Julie West

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:30 am 

The perfect companion piece to the upcoming Black in White (and Red All Over) by Luke Chueh.
Decapitated Bunny Head :tonqe:

Exclusive at SDCC booth 4539
Signing Time TBA

<3 The King

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:45 am 

F*ck it sell what you want.....sketches, toys, prints who cares for all you know you could be helping someone who can't get a sketch or a toy.....not everyone is lucky enough to have the artist come to there city

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:53 am 

Jled signings at Last Gasp booth (#1616)

Saturday, 12:00 pm - 2:00pm
Saturday, 5:30pm - 7:30pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:01 am 

sinfulliam wrote:
F*ck it sell what you want.....sketches, toys, prints who cares for all you know you could be helping someone who can't get a sketch or a toy.....not everyone is lucky enough to have the artist come to there city

OK. Fair point. Charge for the paper and a little bit of time. But this was a "gift" from the artist(s) to the person... shouldn't they get a cut, too?

I am glad that many artists personalize them now... makes them less flippable...

BUMP ME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:51 am 

sinfulliam wrote:

wow id love for all artists to just stop sketching, that way dillholes like this would never exist

oh wait they would still exist and steal candy from a baby and sell it to someone

a real collector would give a sketch to another one free if they couldnt make it. not sell it
and dont give me the " i waited in line crap" if you didnt want it, dont get in line

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 am 

halfapparition wrote:
sinfulliam wrote:

wow id love for all artists to just stop sketching, that way dillholes like this would never exist

oh wait they would still exist and steal candy from a baby and sell it to someone

a real collector would give a sketch to another one free if they couldnt make it. not sell it
and dont give me the " i waited in line crap" if you didnt want it, dont get in line

+1. Maybe I am hypocrite... not charging for the paper (LOL) but the person offered me a burger for standing in line - how could I refuse? Hehehehe...

But I WOULD NEVER LINE UP SO THAT I CAN SELL A SKETCH/DOODLE DIY TOY. That's just dirty business...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:36 pm 

peekaboo monster x angrywoebots signing------thursday 1-2
shane jessup x jesse hernandez signing---------thursday 3-4
peekaboo monster x d.ross "scribe" signing------friday 10-11
d. ross "scribe" x angrywoebots signing---------friday 11-12
alisa ross x d. ross "scribe" signing------------saturday 10-11
andrew bell signing------------------------saturday 1-2

http://instagram.com/cbspaceship

https://www.facebook.com/cbspaceship

https://www.facebook.com/cardboardspaceship

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:32 pm 

Hi-Fructose Comic-con Signings:
Booth 4939
For surprise updates on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/hifructosemag

July 23rd (Thursday)
1pm Chris Ryniak with exclusive print
3 Pm Camilla d’Errico
4 pm Travis Louie with exclusive print &
special edition “Curiosities” book

July 24th (Friday)
1pm Chris Ryniak with exclusive print
1 pm Brian McCArty
2 pm Yoskay Yamamoto
3pm Luke Chueh (TBA)
4pm Bob Dob

July 25th (Saturday)
12pm Travis Louie with exclusive print
& special edition “Curiosities” book
1 Pm Lola with exclusive print
1 Pm Nathan Spoor with exclusive print
3pm Attaboy with exclusive print
3pm Scott Musgrove with exclusive print & new book
4pm Edwin Ushiro

July 26th (Sunday)
1pm Brian McCarty
1pm Attaboy with exclusive print
Chet Zar (TBA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 pm 

Hello! These are the signing schedules for Kuso Vinyl at booth #4837. Thanks!

July 23rd (Thursday)
• Nakanari 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
• Jure Gavran 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm

July 24th (Friday)
• Jure Gavran 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
• Rotobox 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
• Nakanari 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
• David “Outtamamind” Quiles 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm

July 25th (Saturday)
• Jure Gavran 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
• Nakanari 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
• David “Outtamamind” Quiles 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
• Rotobox 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm

July 26th (Sunday)
• Rotobox 11:00 am – 12:30 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next