Artist Signing Schedules

Thanks for everything! See you in 2010
luckydunny

Artist Signing Schedules

Post by luckydunny » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Which artists are going to have signings this year at SDCC?

KR already announced theirs.
Thursday, Shane Jessup @ 11 am
Friday, Deph @ 11 am

Please post the date, time and booth of any artist signings that you know. Thanks.

jemappellekat

Post by jemappellekat » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:59 pm

YAY for someone starting this... Oh, and and if you are going to get something sketched, DON'T F*CKIN' SELL IT!!! It's morons like you that make artists decide not to do so...
If you want to know whether, or not, I am realiable as a buyer/mule... just ask for references... I have PLENTY.

BUMP ME

Sykogrl

Post by Sykogrl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:00 am

Buff monster July 24, 2009 2pm Booth 4732
Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

jemappellekat

Post by jemappellekat » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:30 pm

JAMES JEAN:

Sunday, July 26, 2009
Time:
2:00pm - 3:00pm
If you want to know whether, or not, I am realiable as a buyer/mule... just ask for references... I have PLENTY.

BUMP ME

Nismo

Post by Nismo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:27 am

so this will be my 1st time to sdcc, does it cost for a artist to sketch somthing for you? and if so how much to they usually charge?

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:35 am

Nismo wrote:so this will be my 1st time to sdcc, does it cost for a artist to sketch somthing for you? and if so how much to they usually charge?

nopers

just remember tho
not all artist will sketch for you
dont bug them
dont get more than one
DONT SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

cheeky

Post by cheeky » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:59 am

Does anyone know what the booth number for Giant Robot and Cardboard Spaceship is?
Transactions:
leinad, Quest1, mankac, unmundane, tommynathan, Yardarm5, D-LuX, maz78, sillynickers, TiredChildren, flabby, SaintOfSpinners, Motorbot, D-Fed, zonrboy, dork77, bk_bk, altercrisis, reganomics813, fairladyz, markum, maxdoesitwell, HaynMade, Foxracing808, trentmatth, kikingaso, g_money, RAM, fune8oi, manmachine, picabbo, Ginsburger, jmf337, chocoboy83, YummyOreos, vadersk3, restaurador, camiondepompier, Luckita, Hallenbeck, outtamymind, wizeguy, eckotyper, Gazpacho, cyberann, stratosphere, Hollywood, NewAddiction, Lofa, domingo, ManUnitedScorpion, obnoxiousxb, creaturion, apeboy, 1v1artin, buttoneyestoys, Shibori, TO_designs

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=252224&hilit=toys+for+sale+5%2F29

toga_2000

Post by toga_2000 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:06 am

what do you guys get artists to sign on?
Good sellers: silentjay, lui, tron, artasylumboston, meatloaf, gawein
Good trades: Shauni55

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:05 am

toga_2000 wrote:what do you guys get artists to sign on?

i dont do many DIY platforms because they kind alook tacky if the artist doesnt have enought time to do it proper
sooo
sketchbook
shikishi board
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

jemappellekat

Post by jemappellekat » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:53 am

halfapparition wrote:
toga_2000 wrote:what do you guys get artists to sign on?

i dont do many DIY platforms because they kind alook tacky if the artist doesnt have enought time to do it proper
sooo
sketchbook
shikishi board

+1.

Simple guideline:

-If the artist has releases a toy (Dunny, vinyl, etc...) they would probably doodle on a DIY toy...

-But if the artist has only worked in 2-D, then just ask them for a sketch...

ALSO REMEMBER that they are there to have fun, too. Most are really nice but understand that if they are at a table, they might not sketch for you until after their release... Like for instance, Shane Jessup. or Deph... but hang around or ask NICELY afterwards and I'm sure that they will...

Some artists don't want to sign because then they get swarmed and cause a commotion...

If they seem hesitant, just let it go...

And if I see you sell sketches here or on eBay, I AM GOING TO KICK YOUR A-SS. JUST SAYING...

BUMP ME

toga_2000

Post by toga_2000 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 am

haha i would never sell! i have a doodled JLED dunny and a jled sketch in his book. I meant is there like special spiral bound sketch books or something...or just sketching paper
Good sellers: silentjay, lui, tron, artasylumboston, meatloaf, gawein
Good trades: Shauni55

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:32 am

toga_2000 wrote:haha i would never sell! i have a doodled JLED dunny and a jled sketch in his book. I meant is there like special spiral bound sketch books or something...or just sketching paper

i have a sketchbook not spiral
from SKET

jemappellekat

Post by jemappellekat » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:55 am

toga_2000 wrote:haha i would never sell! i have a doodled JLED dunny and a jled sketch in his book. I meant is there like special spiral bound sketch books or something...or just sketching paper

It's all up to you... with a binded book, it means that you probably want to keep them in the book - artists actually prefer these since it indicates that the person being doodles for is a true collector...

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Some people (such as myself) like spiral books... they're flexible, an allow the collector to rip the page out with ease and frame the sketches...

Loose paper might be a nightmare to deal with... but some prefer it - especially if it's nice stock...

With a guy like JLed, you win either way... blank toy or paper...

BUMP ME

cheeky

Post by cheeky » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:53 am

Who in the right mind would want to sell their sketches? C'mon you go there and meet the artist plus sometimes you have to wait in line to get a sketch. So why the hell sell? It's a momento. I dunno some people are crazy.

I like to use Strathmore Bristol paper cause it's thick so if an artist uses sharpie it won't bleed through onto another page. They do fall out easy from the pad, but I put all my sketches in an art portfolio.

I'M SO EXCITED!
Transactions:
leinad, Quest1, mankac, unmundane, tommynathan, Yardarm5, D-LuX, maz78, sillynickers, TiredChildren, flabby, SaintOfSpinners, Motorbot, D-Fed, zonrboy, dork77, bk_bk, altercrisis, reganomics813, fairladyz, markum, maxdoesitwell, HaynMade, Foxracing808, trentmatth, kikingaso, g_money, RAM, fune8oi, manmachine, picabbo, Ginsburger, jmf337, chocoboy83, YummyOreos, vadersk3, restaurador, camiondepompier, Luckita, Hallenbeck, outtamymind, wizeguy, eckotyper, Gazpacho, cyberann, stratosphere, Hollywood, NewAddiction, Lofa, domingo, ManUnitedScorpion, obnoxiousxb, creaturion, apeboy, 1v1artin, buttoneyestoys, Shibori, TO_designs

Sykogrl

Post by Sykogrl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm bringing both DIY and a sketch book. I got a sketch book etched with my name in it at the Calgary Comic Expo. Hoping to get some great stuff!

Thanks for the tips!
Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

jceballo

Post by jceballo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:19 am

I have a sketchbook that I set aside for artist sketches. I also bring along a few different kinds of pens so the artist has a small choice of medium to use. There have been times I've brought along bristol paper so that I could frame the sketches later, but since I never get around to framing I just bring the sketch book.
Searching for: Yoskay and Huck prints
Good transactions with: Lucky13, Justin J., Midastouch357, DX Psycho, aka-man, sahilio, jon, dubwars, bck2sqr1, Chronic, izzy

cheeky

Post by cheeky » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:15 am

jceballo wrote:I have a sketchbook that I set aside for artist sketches. I also bring along a few different kinds of pens so the artist has a small choice of medium to use. There have been times I've brought along bristol paper so that I could frame the sketches later, but since I never get around to framing I just bring the sketch book.

I always bring pens for the artist to use, but never bring them out cause I feel like I'll be forcing them or offending them if I bring my pens out. I dunno maybe that sounds stupid. I'm just scarred, it's like meeting a star.
Transactions:

jemappellekat

Post by jemappellekat » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:48 am

Just take it out with your book/toy. If they grab for the pen, let them use it or even keep it, in some cases... LOL. If not, then it's all good...

BUMP ME

luckydunny

Post by luckydunny » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 am

Signings at DKE Toys Booth (#4732)

Thursday @ 4 pm - Andrew Bell
Friday @ 12 pm - Erick Scarecrow
Friday @ 2 pm - Buff Monster
Friday @ 4 pm - Ohm (Muttpop)
Saturday @ 12 pm - Erick Scarecrow
Saturday @ 4 pm - Ohm (Muttpop)

rustedhalo

Post by rustedhalo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:23 am

munkyking

Post by munkyking » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 am

We won't have the time Schedule till next week but here's a look at the artist signing at Munky Kings booth \:D/
Looking forward to seeing all you guys there!

<3 The King

wtfunks

Post by wtfunks » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 pm

kozyndan!!! awesome!!

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:12 am

[ Added: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:13 am ]
from SKET

wtfunks

Post by wtfunks » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:16 am

eeee! camilla! the one who has my heart!

FlyingJalapeno

Post by FlyingJalapeno » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:30 am

wtfunks wrote:eeee! camilla! the one who has my heart!

Dang you beat me to it!!! I was going to say something to that fact when i saw her name!!! DRATTS LOL
The Good Guys: Quest1, BustinJustin, chillywilly153, TiredChildren, mrk00k, linhpham1201, Ginsburger, aBAYBAY, mrnvisible, Babyfreak6, fhamel, SUSAN2008, Cheahpet