forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Artist Signing Schedules
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 pm 

Which artists are going to have signings this year at SDCC?

KR already announced theirs.
Thursday, Shane Jessup @ 11 am
Friday, Deph @ 11 am

Please post the date, time and booth of any artist signings that you know. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:59 pm 

YAY for someone starting this... Oh, and and if you are going to get something sketched, DON'T F*CKIN' SELL IT!!! It's morons like you that make artists decide not to do so...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:00 am 

Buff monster July 24, 2009 2pm Booth 4732

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:30 pm 

JAMES JEAN:

Sunday, July 26, 2009
Time:
2:00pm - 3:00pm

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:27 am 

so this will be my 1st time to sdcc, does it cost for a artist to sketch somthing for you? and if so how much to they usually charge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:35 am 

Nismo wrote:
so this will be my 1st time to sdcc, does it cost for a artist to sketch somthing for you? and if so how much to they usually charge?

nopers

just remember tho
not all artist will sketch for you
dont bug them
dont get more than one
DONT SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:59 am 

Does anyone know what the booth number for Giant Robot and Cardboard Spaceship is?

leinad, Quest1, mankac, unmundane, tommynathan, Yardarm5, D-LuX, maz78, sillynickers, TiredChildren, flabby, SaintOfSpinners, Motorbot, D-Fed, zonrboy, dork77, bk_bk, altercrisis, reganomics813, fairladyz, markum, maxdoesitwell, HaynMade, Foxracing808, trentmatth, kikingaso, g_money, RAM, fune8oi, manmachine, picabbo, Ginsburger, jmf337, chocoboy83, YummyOreos, vadersk3, restaurador, camiondepompier, Luckita, Hallenbeck, outtamymind, wizeguy, eckotyper, Gazpacho, cyberann, stratosphere, Hollywood, NewAddiction, Lofa, domingo, ManUnitedScorpion, obnoxiousxb, creaturion, apeboy, 1v1artin, buttoneyestoys, Shibori, TO_designs

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=252224&hilit=toys+for+sale+5%2F29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:06 am 

what do you guys get artists to sign on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:05 am 

toga_2000 wrote:

i dont do many DIY platforms because they kind alook tacky if the artist doesnt have enought time to do it proper
sooo
sketchbook
shikishi board

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:53 am 

halfapparition wrote:
toga_2000 wrote:

i dont do many DIY platforms because they kind alook tacky if the artist doesnt have enought time to do it proper
sooo
sketchbook
shikishi board

+1.

Simple guideline:

-If the artist has releases a toy (Dunny, vinyl, etc...) they would probably doodle on a DIY toy...

-But if the artist has only worked in 2-D, then just ask them for a sketch...

ALSO REMEMBER that they are there to have fun, too. Most are really nice but understand that if they are at a table, they might not sketch for you until after their release... Like for instance, Shane Jessup. or Deph... but hang around or ask NICELY afterwards and I'm sure that they will...

Some artists don't want to sign because then they get swarmed and cause a commotion...

If they seem hesitant, just let it go...

And if I see you sell sketches here or on eBay, I AM GOING TO KICK YOUR A-SS. JUST SAYING...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 am 

haha i would never sell! i have a doodled JLED dunny and a jled sketch in his book. I meant is there like special spiral bound sketch books or something...or just sketching paper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:32 am 

toga_2000 wrote:
haha i would never sell! i have a doodled JLED dunny and a jled sketch in his book. I meant is there like special spiral bound sketch books or something...or just sketching paper

i have a sketchbook not spiral

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:55 am 

toga_2000 wrote:

It's all up to you... with a binded book, it means that you probably want to keep them in the book - artists actually prefer these since it indicates that the person being doodles for is a true collector...

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Some people (such as myself) like spiral books... they're flexible, an allow the collector to rip the page out with ease and frame the sketches...

Loose paper might be a nightmare to deal with... but some prefer it - especially if it's nice stock...

With a guy like JLed, you win either way... blank toy or paper...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:53 am 

Who in the right mind would want to sell their sketches? C'mon you go there and meet the artist plus sometimes you have to wait in line to get a sketch. So why the hell sell? It's a momento. I dunno some people are crazy.

I like to use Strathmore Bristol paper cause it's thick so if an artist uses sharpie it won't bleed through onto another page. They do fall out easy from the pad, but I put all my sketches in an art portfolio.

I'M SO EXCITED!

leinad, Quest1, mankac, unmundane, tommynathan, Yardarm5, D-LuX, maz78, sillynickers, TiredChildren, flabby, SaintOfSpinners, Motorbot, D-Fed, zonrboy, dork77, bk_bk, altercrisis, reganomics813, fairladyz, markum, maxdoesitwell, HaynMade, Foxracing808, trentmatth, kikingaso, g_money, RAM, fune8oi, manmachine, picabbo, Ginsburger, jmf337, chocoboy83, YummyOreos, vadersk3, restaurador, camiondepompier, Luckita, Hallenbeck, outtamymind, wizeguy, eckotyper, Gazpacho, cyberann, stratosphere, Hollywood, NewAddiction, Lofa, domingo, ManUnitedScorpion, obnoxiousxb, creaturion, apeboy, 1v1artin, buttoneyestoys, Shibori, TO_designs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 pm 

I'm bringing both DIY and a sketch book. I got a sketch book etched with my name in it at the Calgary Comic Expo. Hoping to get some great stuff!

Thanks for the tips!

Great transactions: lulubee, grimlock (2), OsirisOrion (2), Grimsheep, Fes(2), Rsinart(4), DMS(2), Nebulon5, bk_bk(2), del730(2), WuzOne(4), gawein, Squidnik(2), TungTLe, Arne Saknussen, leinad, OntheDL, coolvader,o_kedoki,orangeroad,jonpaulkaiser, Nikejerk (2), fplus, Zako, Mendez

Want:Big Sal and Lucha bear customs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:19 am 

I have a sketchbook that I set aside for artist sketches. I also bring along a few different kinds of pens so the artist has a small choice of medium to use. There have been times I've brought along bristol paper so that I could frame the sketches later, but since I never get around to framing I just bring the sketch book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:15 am 

jceballo wrote:
I have a sketchbook that I set aside for artist sketches. I also bring along a few different kinds of pens so the artist has a small choice of medium to use. There have been times I've brought along bristol paper so that I could frame the sketches later, but since I never get around to framing I just bring the sketch book.

I always bring pens for the artist to use, but never bring them out cause I feel like I'll be forcing them or offending them if I bring my pens out. I dunno maybe that sounds stupid. I'm just scarred, it's like meeting a star.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:48 am 

Just take it out with your book/toy. If they grab for the pen, let them use it or even keep it, in some cases... LOL. If not, then it's all good...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 am 

Signings at DKE Toys Booth (#4732)

Thursday @ 4 pm - Andrew Bell
Friday @ 12 pm - Erick Scarecrow
Friday @ 2 pm - Buff Monster
Friday @ 4 pm - Ohm (Muttpop)
Saturday @ 12 pm - Erick Scarecrow
Saturday @ 4 pm - Ohm (Muttpop)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:23 am 

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 am 

We won't have the time Schedule till next week but here's a look at the artist signing at Munky Kings booth \:D/
Looking forward to seeing all you guys there!

<3 The King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 pm 

kozyndan!!! awesome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:12 am 

[ Added: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:13 am ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:16 am 

eeee! camilla! the one who has my heart!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:30 am 

wtfunks wrote:
eeee! camilla! the one who has my heart!

Dang you beat me to it!!! I was going to say something to that fact when i saw her name!!! DRATTS LOL

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next