forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm 

I am going to this

rumor is Neil Gaiman will be there reading with her too

AMANDA PALMER (dresden dolls)

A very special benefit concert for The Comic Legal Defense Fund, featuring Amanda Palmer and Vermillion Lies! Bring your capes and tights...tickets, time, and additional info TBA soon!
7/24/2009 6:00 PM at San Diego Woman’s Club
2557 3rd Ave, San Diego, California 92103

[ Added: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 pm ]
Miyazaki at SDCC

hope these rumors are true

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm 

I *LOVE* Amanda Palmer!

My wants: viewtopic.php?p=1747176#1747176

My sales: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=157383

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm 

babyvtec wrote:
I *LOVE* Amanda Palmer!

got my ticket ill sandwich the show in between parties and such

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:40 pm 

Anyone gonna be around the day before preview night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 pm 

just1nj wrote:

nopers
did that one year and it was kind of a waste not i have it timed where i can grab my pass onpreview night then get food and well walk in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:04 am 

halfapparition wrote:
just1nj wrote:

nopers
did that one year and it was kind of a waste not i have it timed where i can grab my pass onpreview night then get food and well walk in

wait, what?

i was gonna see who wanted to get some food, talk toys, etc. the day before the madness. i'm flying down to SD tuesday morning because virgin america had that day for $49 (and the points from that flight gave me enough points for a free flight back home after the con, :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:05 am 

Woebots, Scribe, and a few others will be doing live graffiti just a few miles from the Con on Thursday afternoon. More information to come for that.

WANTS: 05 SHINJUKU (LAST ONE)
WANTED LUKE CHUEH PRINTS:"Life By The Knife" & "Jacked"-last two I need
ImageImageImage

Luke Chueh Collection & Possessed Army
OG Possessed Panda
SALES THREAD-http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=1147494#1147494

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 am 

mfmunny wrote:
Woebots, Scribe, and a few others will be doing live graffiti just a few miles from the Con on Thursday afternoon. More information to come for that.

they still planning a hotel room pop up sale?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:21 am 

more details as to all plans coming soon :-)

WANTS: 05 SHINJUKU (LAST ONE)
WANTED LUKE CHUEH PRINTS:"Life By The Knife" & "Jacked"-last two I need
ImageImageImage

Luke Chueh Collection & Possessed Army
OG Possessed Panda
SALES THREAD-http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=1147494#1147494

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:22 am 

just1nj wrote:
halfapparition wrote:
just1nj wrote:

nopers

wait, what?

i was gonna see who wanted to get some food, talk toys, etc. the day before the madness. i'm flying down to SD tuesday morning because virgin america had that day for $49 (and the points from that flight gave me enough points for a free flight back home after the con, :D )

I will be there Tues. I drive from AZ to San Diego Tuesday and I usually get there around 1pm.

I may have to go to this show. Thursday is a busy night for me generally beucase I go out with the spawn board people then.

I definately want to check out the Woebots live painting though thats sounds incredible and if they have a sale I will be there for sure.

My Collection: viewtopic.php?p=1357511&sid=023f238424909fe8104a298e0f14e2e8#1357511

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:29 am 

Zombie Walk - details coming soon. My friend said they are gonna do the Thriller style thing cause of MJ's death. Either way Zombie Walk is fun, but a nice walk so don't pass out.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:55 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
Zombie Walk - details coming soon. My friend said they are gonna do the Thriller style thing cause of MJ's death. Either way Zombie Walk is fun, but a nice walk so don't pass out.

ive only been able to catch the zombie walk one time
i need to see it again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:13 am 

http://forums.explosm.net/showthread.php?t=51369

and for all my freaks out there big poppa halo is your hook up.

Want to attend Comic-Con's largest and best-known afterparty? You don't need to be a convention attendee to hit up the party, but you do need to be ready to have fun!

This year's theme is "The Zombie Rising" so hey, PERFECT for us, right?! The party is 21+ and has a VIP area hosted The Suicide Girls. Free photo portraits and tons of dancing, drinking, and awesome DJs. Costumes are ENCOURAGED! That's right... party with your fellow undead all night on Saturday of Comic-Con!

Visit http://freaksnightout.com/ and enter discount code zombiewalk to receive 15% off your tickets.

Tickets will go fast at Comic-Con, so be sure to get in on the pre-sale NOW! The discount will work for both VIP & regular tickets, so make sure you use it while you still can!

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject: Good panel
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 am 

mike judge

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/06/30/ex ... comic-con/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:43 pm 

Here are two afterhours events that I'm super stoked for!:

July 24, 2009
Brian Posehn and Doug Benson @ Balboa Theater
I ordered two tickets a few days ago and scored third row seats (I know, WTF, awesome!). You can order from Ticketmaster or you can call the Balboa Theater box office and order directly from them, which is what I did.
http://www.sandiegotheatres.org/eventst ... entID=2120

July 25, 2009
Repo! the Genetic Opera Midnight Show @ Gaslamp Stadium
Here's the message about it from Darren Lynn Bousman:
We at REPO like to Party!
So, of course we will be at Comic Con partying like it's 2056!
So, if your around come hang out July 25th in San Diego if your around... Even if your not around COME HANG OUT!
Of course we will have special guests, shadow cast, prizes, new Swag... and lots of singing!
Get your tickets early, because WE WILL SELL OUT!
See you all there!
http://www.fandango.com/gaslampstadium_ ... =7/25/2009

I am super stoked about both, but particularly the Repo! screening. I went to the Repo! Road Tour and had such an awesome time. Lots of people dress up and it's a crazy time. Darren Lynn Bousman, Terrance Zdunich and Bill Moseley were at my road tour, I met them and they are all really cool guys. It should be an awesome event - I'm curious about who the special guests will be!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:44 am 

we got something working up over at 5&A Dime for the con..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:51 am 

wtfunks wrote:

dope shop.. only get to go there during SDCC.. but.. i need to get me that People's Champ shirt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:19 am 

friday night is this also
real cool last year
http://subtextstore.com/blog/?p=918

Saturday 5&adime
movie, signing, meetup thingy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:19 pm 

UnRel wrote:
wtfunks wrote:

dope shop.. only get to go there during SDCC.. but.. i need to get me that People's Champ shirt
Yep, I do all my shopping here on the last day of con. Cant wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:01 pm 
wtfunks wrote:

Cool spot and great local shop! You guys cookin up a bbq again for the 'con? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:29 pm 

wtfunks wrote:

Oh man 5&A Dime is in on the con too!!! Wonderful!!! I have been rockin the Fighting Five shirts up in the bay!!! Any clues on whats going down?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:00 pm 

ill let you guys know soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:08 pm 

^I need to get that PEOPLES CHAMP shirt for my cousins...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:21 pm 
^ 5 and a dime rocks. Great local spot to check out if you need a break from the 'con!

Personally, I missed out on the original pac man shirt....waited tooooo long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:50 am 

good thing we restocked on pacman..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next