Exclusives

Thanks for everything! See you in 2010
pauldelfgou

Post by pauldelfgou » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:01 am

dunnyrocks wrote:Isn't the SDCC happening in less than 2 wks? Why isn't there more exclusive announced? Heck, even KR announced theirs, and they're usually notorious for making one of the last announcements.

What are the kidrobot exclusives? Does anyone have any pics?

dunnyrocks

Post by dunnyrocks » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:03 pm

pauldelfgou wrote:
dunnyrocks wrote:Isn't the SDCC happening in less than 2 wks? Why isn't there more exclusive announced? Heck, even KR announced theirs, and they're usually notorious for making one of the last announcements.

What are the kidrobot exclusives? Does anyone have any pics?

No pics, but it's already announced in the KR announcement page! A number of fellow boardies seem to have seen leaked pics however.
transactions: stylepiggy, kngwiz, fauxtograph, DreVanFuzen, bluegreenkey, bigmac, Jargon, del730, haptik, Luckyorangerat, cody1756, pretzI, jason_toycyte, zephyr, c-star, xxclandestinexx, bubby88852, chinoexhale, groovitude, deadboy, ineedalife, sillynickers, waisicmao, hgreene, Sykogrl, pop77, tedmcintyre, xshezx, flatland333, pbrigitte, buttoneyes, NSTNATE, Squidnik, cct, dub599, thebuddys, bboyilluminati6, Nicocato, zonrboy, watty, mANNEe, MisKat, vdunny, nypedestrian, lulu, i love plastic, outtamymind, pandabandit12, StupidDog, ecyahp, jayneticz, funk_e, Luckita, Sh4dowfox007, snowdragon101

toga_2000

Post by toga_2000 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:08 am

KR doesn't let you line up? but then how can you wait around for the exclusives? do you just gotta go at like 1055 and hope youre first? i want me a lucky kitty... >.>
Good sellers: silentjay, lui, tron, artasylumboston, meatloaf, gawein
Good trades: Shauni55

rustedhalo

Post by rustedhalo » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:54 am

toga_2000 wrote:KR doesn't let you line up? but then how can you wait around for the exclusives? do you just gotta go at like 1055 and hope youre first? i want me a lucky kitty... >.>

not sure how they'll do it this year but as I mentioned before they did wrist bands so for each release so you could go up to the booth and find Baroness or whomever is handing them out and get one for the specific release and then come back at a certain time for that release/signing. I think it's the best way to do things and the only ups I give to KR. This way if you have a wrist band you are pretty much guarenteed to get the release so there's not a bunch of people trying to rush the booth. It also keeps people from crowding around the booth and blocking isles and disrupting normal booth sales or if there's another release/signing going on.

tunneler66

Post by tunneler66 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:44 am

Comic-Con.org has added the Exclusives page: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci09_actionfigs_1.php

[ Added: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:51 am ]
I like how everyone wants their own version of a Munny/Dunny.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY SELL THREAD:
viewtopic.php?t=132509

----------------------------------------------------------
WANTS:
[size=50]----------------------------------------------------------

FOR TRADE/SALE:
ThreeA 1/6 Andy Square with Print - $60shipped
Two 8" & 3" Deph Big Mouth Dunnys
Yoskay Yamamoto Prints (almost all)
----------------------------------------------------------

Good Transactions with 50+ members in good standing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

base

Post by base » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:42 am

tunneler66 wrote:Comic-Con.org has added the Exclusives page: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci09_actionfigs_1.php

[ Added: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:51 am ]
I like how everyone wants their own version of a Munny/Dunny.

Been waiting for this. Thanks for the link.

jemappellekat

Post by jemappellekat » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm

I looking forward to this... PURE MADNESS!!!
If you want to know whether, or not, I am realiable as a buyer/mule... just ask for references... I have PLENTY.

BUMP ME

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:35 am

rustedhalo wrote:
toga_2000 wrote:KR doesn't let you line up? but then how can you wait around for the exclusives? do you just gotta go at like 1055 and hope youre first? i want me a lucky kitty... >.>

not sure how they'll do it this year but as I mentioned before they did wrist bands so for each release so you could go up to the booth and find Baroness or whomever is handing them out and get one for the specific release and then come back at a certain time for that release/signing. I think it's the best way to do things and the only ups I give to KR. This way if you have a wrist band you are pretty much guarenteed to get the release so there's not a bunch of people trying to rush the booth. It also keeps people from crowding around the booth and blocking isles and disrupting normal booth sales or if there's another release/signing going on.

Sweet! I hate standing around. How early do you have to get in line for the exclusives?
Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 am

tyler2313 wrote:
rustedhalo wrote:

Sweet! I hate standing around. How early do you have to get in line for the exclusives?

if you hate standing around then SDCC is really NOT for you
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 am

Lol, I see your point. I've never been before, so I guess I'm in for a treat. I'm flying in from Austin just for the Jessup.
Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

elevatedflow

Post by elevatedflow » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:28 am

will all 200 of the jessup go onsale that day or will it be spread out!?
Great Sellers :
Reactor88,Dodecahedron,mp46,wsg313,ckwok528,nerbous,chronic
stylepiggy,jmf337,YummyOreos,poopchalupa,FericFanatic,Memcleod
heebysdaman,sstroh84,robbieXeff,nick210214,Slack,CAR,SJSharkie
hypekickz,bigdaddyh,A.D.B,haseown,dunnydummy,scud80,jdmslut
halfapparition,t0nyxp,ineedalife,tr3e,kevbayer,core4pro,adik.na.chinoy
eyeforaneye,JaneMancini,666doll,ineedalife,NewAddictions

Great Buys & Trades :
WandererLA, lbzx006x, fifobkc, masonmxn

My Collection!

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 am

elevatedflow wrote:will all 200 of the jessup go onsale that day or will it be spread out!?

that day at the time they said
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 am

Are you planning on getting there hours before the center opens to get a wristband for the Jessup?

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:34 am

tyler2313 wrote:Are you planning on getting there hours before the center opens to get a wristband for the Jessup?

yes
most people do it that way, better than taking a chance.
from SKET

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:36 am

Guess I'll see you in line then :) Since you've been, what time do you recommend getting there?

elevatedflow

Post by elevatedflow » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:38 am

halfapparition wrote:
elevatedflow wrote:will all 200 of the jessup go onsale that day or will it be spread out!?

that day at the time they said

Damn i was able to take thursday off and dont get in till late afternoon, so i definitely will miss out on the SDCC exclusive 200 wont i ?!
Great Sellers :
Reactor88,Dodecahedron,mp46,wsg313,ckwok528,nerbous,chronic
stylepiggy,jmf337,YummyOreos,poopchalupa,FericFanatic,Memcleod
heebysdaman,sstroh84,robbieXeff,nick210214,Slack,CAR,SJSharkie
hypekickz,bigdaddyh,A.D.B,haseown,dunnydummy,scud80,jdmslut
halfapparition,t0nyxp,ineedalife,tr3e,kevbayer,core4pro,adik.na.chinoy
eyeforaneye,JaneMancini,666doll,ineedalife,NewAddictions

Great Buys & Trades :
WandererLA, lbzx006x, fifobkc, masonmxn

My Collection!

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 am

tyler2313 wrote:Guess I'll see you in line then :) Since you've been, what time do you recommend getting there?

there was like 150,000 plus people at SDCC last year it might be a lil nutty in the initial line to see someone

well the doors they "say" are at 9:30 but ive noticed this never seems to be the case. they might be 9 one day or not. So i show up at 6:30 or 7 and then laugh at ridiculous people

fav quotes i heard in line last year
"i have superpowers" a guy muttered softly to himself
" wish I had white hair like kakashi"

as far as preview night
well there are tricks we wont divulge on how to get in without the herd
from SKET

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:42 am

Aw come on... you can PM me the tricks can't ya? It would be good karma [-o<
Last edited by tyler2313 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 am

it seems every year the SDCC folks (security) change things up
be it the guy with the kilt on being an asshead or them moving a line to another floor
etc...
You cant seem to predict how it will go.
The way I used to get in n preview night got changed last year when the blocked off alot of the entrance, so we adjusted and got in very fast
from SKET

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 am

If I call you Obi Wan will you teach me? Just kidding. No seriously. I don't want to miss anything.

jceballo

Post by jceballo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:24 am

Honestly there is no "good" way or time to line up. You really have to play it by ear. I would just go down to the booths where you know you want something from and ask them what time you should be there. Sometimes they know and sometimes they don't. I think it's important to enjoy the con. There's a lot of unexpected surprises when you go and TONS to see. So have fun and don't pressure yourself when it comes to exclusives.
Searching for: Yoskay and Huck prints
Good transactions with: Lucky13, Justin J., Midastouch357, DX Psycho, aka-man, sahilio, jon, dubwars, bck2sqr1, Chronic, izzy

tyler2313

Post by tyler2313 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 am

Yeah I know. It's my first time to go, I guess I just want to have some sort of gameplan. And honestly, the impetus was the Jessup...

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:47 pm

from SKET

mylifeinplastic

Post by mylifeinplastic » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:21 am

This is my 5th SDCC, and I have to say that it seems like the economy has caused many companies to tone it down this year. This year we have a diet version of the show. Less Exclus :doubt: ives

Manga_Spawn

Post by Manga_Spawn » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:42 am

Get there early and plan out your route throgh the booths. If there is specific exclusives you want like the lucky cat find out what they go on sale preview night and who they will handle the sale. Then when that day comes just hit that booth first thing so you at the head of the line.

I am so excited for this year. I think it seems alot of the vinyl companies have more exclusives than before.