forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Exclusives
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 pm 

The place to list em up

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm 

How crazy is preview night going to be for exclusives? I am preparing for three hours of mad rushing to line up for what you want?
Also, are almost all releases available right away, or do they get released on different days/times? For example, let's say JLed has a new release, and is also doing a signing. Is it only released at the signing, or?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 pm 

the_don wrote:
How crazy is preview night going to be for exclusives? I am preparing for three hours of mad rushing to line up for what you want?
Also, are almost all releases available right away, or do they get released on different days/times? For example, let's say JLed has a new release, and is also doing a signing. Is it only released at the signing, or?

ok wow thats alot to answer
typically there arent signing on preview night, and last year the SDCC peeps changed how we got into preview night.
last year there was a huge huge huge line that draped inside and outside and funneled into one set of doors. (unlike other years where you could get in other ways).
So once you get your pass, get in line. some things are released them somenot, it is up to the company. nah not everything is avail on preview night.
if someone is signing, they typically release it when they sign but sometimes u can buy it early and bring it back.

stay tuned for release times and signing times

ask away if you have any more questions, im not en expert but will give my 2cents

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:17 pm 

Depends. Most KR exclusives are only available at the signing or on a specific day. Munky Kings exclusive are like that too. Usually most of the Action Figure stuff iis always available, but Hasbro line is always gawd-awful. As far as the designer vinyl stuff goes I think it's usually only available at signings or specific times, barring Uglydolls (as far as I can remember).

Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 pm 

halfapparition wrote:
the_don wrote:

ok wow thats alot to answer
typically there arent signing on preview night, and last year the SDCC peeps changed how we got into preview night.
last year there was a huge huge huge line that draped inside and outside and funneled into one set of doors. (unlike other years where you could get in other ways).
So once you get your pass, get in line. some things are released them somenot, it is up to the company. nah not everything is avail on preview night.
if someone is signing, they typically release it when they sign but sometimes u can buy it early and bring it back.

stay tuned for release times and signing times

ask away if you have any more questions, im not en expert but will give my 2cents

That's quite the line-up. Were you able to get in right away last year? How early do you have to get there to make sure you'll be in the building in good time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:22 pm 
If you want to score a bunch of things on preview night you'll need at least 3 people to hit all the spots. The hasbro line was three hours for me and I almost got cut off...

Also, what really bites is the amount of trading that happens between vendors and friends before the public gets there. At NBC I was in line as they put away exclusives for their friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24 pm 

Once the doors get thrown open, the line moves pretty quickly. Unless you know something that goes on sale first thing in the morning on a certain day (King Kuns last year) you usually only have to make sure you're there an hour to 30min before hand. And you don't always have to go at the start of the day, you can show up later too.

Great transactions w/: Zma, themonsterkrebs, Mendez, saiko, wastemoremoney, MrMongoose, Jackcuzzy, sillynickers, bk_bk, nerbous, !DMS!, Steve8091, flabby, fairladyz, in.cog.nito, the-flip, .... Many, many more....

Looking For:
MEDIC 1G ARMSTRONG! Please hook a brother up. Need any wwrp? I'm sure we could work out a trade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:31 pm 

base wrote:
If you want to score a bunch of things on preview night you'll need at least 3 people to hit all the spots. The hasbro line was three hours for me and I almost got cut off...

Also, what really bites is the amount of trading that happens between vendors and friends before the public gets there. At NBC I was in line as they put away exclusives for their friends.

What did you get from Hasbro? Was it worth the wait and missing out on the other stuff for? (just curious)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:43 pm 

the_don wrote:
base wrote:

What did you get from Hasbro? Was it worth the wait and missing out on the other stuff for? (just curious)

ya non vinyl world, i know nothing aboot those exclusives.

i do suggest hitting up a panel or two

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 pm 

halfapparition wrote:
the_don wrote:
base wrote:

Yeah, there's two shows I watch - Lost and Heroes and I'm hoping they will both have panels like they did last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 pm 

Most of the exclusives are spread out through the days, Toytokyo has them as soon as doors open. Munky King gives out raffles tickets.

http://www.drils.com
http://www.flickr.com/drilone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:46 pm 

the_don wrote:
halfapparition wrote:
the_don wrote:
base wrote:

Yeah, there's two shows I watch - Lost and Heroes and I'm hoping they will both have panels like they did last year.

they will and get there EARLY for those.
i think i lined up 3 hours early for LOST last year. well worth it
im hoping mythbusters does a panel in a larger room (h) this time. i got in by the skin of my teeth last year and that was lining up 4 hours early.

[ Added: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:47 pm ]
drilone wrote:
Most of the exclusives are spread out through the days, Toytokyo has them as soon as doors open. Munky King gives out raffles tickets.

lets hope MK has a new system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:58 pm 

Not sure if the interest in exclusives are for all or vinyl stuff only.

But I've been compiling a list of exclusives for the past few months. So far it includes: Hasbro, Mattel, Star Wars, Dark Horse, Uglydolls, AFX, ToyQube, Gentle Giant, Forbidden Planet, McFarlane Toys, Haminal, Mr. Toast, Shocker Toys, Sideshow Collectibles, Diamond Distributors, NECA, Kotobukiya and a tentative Kozik exclusive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:59 pm 
deanobot wrote:
Not sure if the interest in exclusives are for all or vinyl stuff only.

But I've been compiling a list of exclusives for the past few months. So far it includes: Hasbro, Mattel, Star Wars, Dark Horse, Uglydolls, AFX, ToyQube, Gentle Giant, Forbidden Planet, McFarlane Toys, Haminal, Mr. Toast, Shocker Toys, Sideshow Collectibles, Diamond Distributors, NECA, Kotobukiya and a tentative Kozik exclusive.

post em up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:00 am 

i think raffle tickets are the way to go for all these exclusives, lining up for hours is some crap and causes traffic ... thousands of people want these things and also with personal on site staff trades the public gets f*ck outta of a chance. Life is what happens while making plans and so to give everyone a fair chance i hope that there is more of raffle ticket this year

heebysdaman,sstroh84,robbieXeff,nick210214,Slack,CAR,SJSharkie
hypekickz,bigdaddyh,A.D.B,haseown,dunnydummy,scud80,jdmslut
halfapparition,t0nyxp,ineedalife,tr3e,kevbayer,core4pro,adik.na.chinoy
eyeforaneye,JaneMancini,666doll,ineedalife,NewAddictions

Great Buys & Trades :
WandererLA, lbzx006x, fifobkc, masonmxn

My Collection!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:03 am 

elevatedflow wrote:
i think raffle tickets are the way to go for all these exclusives, lining up for hours is some crap and causes traffic ... thousands of people want these things and also with personal on site staff trades the public gets f*ck outta of a chance. Life is what happens while making plans and so to give everyone a fair chance i hope that there is more of raffle ticket this year

But it makes your chances so much less because there are a lot of people who aren't willing to wait in long lines, but with the raffle system everyone passing by the booth and their mother will grab a ticket, because it takes no effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:06 am 

the_don wrote:
elevatedflow wrote:

But it makes your chances so much less because there are a lot of people who aren't willing to wait in long lines, but with the raffle system everyone passing by the booth and their mother will grab a ticket, because it takes no effort.

this can be debated all day
my personal preference is whomever shows up early gets a number
so if you get there 5 hours early you may be #1 then you come back in blocks of 10 at designated times

that way you dont have to wait for 5 hours and you have secured your place in line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:11 am 

There will be no on site lines. Last year a LOT of booths got in big trouble for causing near riots with huge lines that block aisles. This year if you want to sell an exclusive you had to meet a bunch of rules.

I am pretty sure all lines and raffles will be upstairs off the main floor, like most of the booths did near the end of the week last year.

Also maybe this thread becomes Exclusives discussion and a new thread is ONLY for lists of the exclusives with no discussion.

----------------------------------------------------------
WANTS:
[size=50]----------------------------------------------------------

FOR TRADE/SALE:
ThreeA 1/6 Andy Square with Print - $60shipped
Two 8" & 3" Deph Big Mouth Dunnys
Yoskay Yamamoto Prints (almost all)
----------------------------------------------------------

Good Transactions with 50+ members in good standing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 am 

tunneler66 wrote:
There will be no on site lines. Last year a LOT of booths got in big trouble for causing near riots with huge lines that block aisles. This year if you want to sell an exclusive you had to meet a bunch of rules.

I am pretty sure all lines and raffles will be upstairs off the main floor, like most of the booths did near the end of the week last year.

Also maybe this thread becomes Exclusives discussion and a new thread is ONLY for lists of the exclusives with no discussion.

wow that will be a good change

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:41 am 

On the GentleGiantCollectors forum, a member posted this list:

Quote:
Here is a list as of a week or so ago:

SDCC: Comic-Con 40 years of Artists, Writers, Fans & Friends! Book
AFX - Horror - Jason Voorhees Mini Bust w/Removable Mask & Spear.
AFX - Trans - Jetfire bust - Battledamaged
AFX - Champions Minimates Box set
AFX - Terminator 2 Minimates
Acme - SW Character Key
Dark Horse - Domo "Qee" Toys
Diamond Select - Ghostbusters Minimates Doctor Venkman & Stay Puft Marshmallow 2 Pack
Diamond Select - Ghostbusters Angry Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Bank
Diamond Select - Dark Avengers Minimates Box Set #2
Diamond Select - Transformers GI Animated Megatron Bust
Diamond Select - Star Wars Darth Vader Hologram Bank
Diamond Select - Red Skirt Dawn PVC Statue
Diamond Select - Dark X-Men: Beginning #1 (of 3) Sketch Variant.
Diamond Select - Dark Avengers: Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1 Sketch Variant.
EE - Dexter (The Dark Defender)
EE - Dark Avengers Minimates Unmasked
Fox - Dollhouse DVD box set
Funko - 501st Clone Trooper Bobblehead
GG - SW - McQuarrie Fett
GG - SW - Blackhole Statue
GG - SW - Vader Helmet Pink
GG - Horror - Jason Voorhees Mini Bust Variant.
GG - HP - Dumbledore
GG - Halo 3 Classic Mini Bust
Hasbro - Transformers - Soundwave w/Cassettes
Hasbro - SW - X-Wing Luke w/Ladder
Hasbro - GI Joe 12" Baroness
Hasbro - GI Joe Destro 3 3/4" Destro 2-pack
Hasbro - My Little Pony Super Hero
Hasbro - Marvel - MU 4 pack set (Capt. America, Red Skull, Namor, Torch)
Hasbro - SW - Stormtrooper Commander
Hasbro - Trans - MM Optimus Prime
IDW - Locke & Key "Ghost Key'
Kotobukiya - Marvel - Black Widow Bishoujo
Mattel - DC - DCUC Wonder Twins
Mattel - DC - DCIH Anti-Monitor
Mattel - DC - JLU Green Lantern Origins 3 pk
Mattel - HM - He-Ro Figure
Mattel - GB - Egon Spengler & Slimmer 2pk
Mattel - Cars - Red w/miata 3 pk
Mattel - Dis - Buzz Lightyear
McFarlane - Halo 3 - Gifball Spartan
Mezco - Little Big Planet SackBoy
NECA - Coraline (Star Spangled Sweater)
NECA - Dead Space variant figure: Isaac Clarke (Unitology Suit)
NECA - Gears of War 2 Lambent Locust Grenadier
NECA - Street Fighter IV Guile (Charlie Costume)
NECA - TMNT April O'Neal & Mousers
Peanuts - Silver Astromaut Snoopy
Scott Tolleson - Big Rollin' Rascal (Throwback Edition) (Only 50 available)
Shocker Toys - ^^^^ Tracy B&W variant
Shocker Toys - ^^^^ Tracy B&W standard
Sideshow - GI Joe - 12" Crimson Cobra Commander
Sideshow - SW - 12" Han & Luke in Stormtrooper
Sideshow - The Dead - Subject 16566: The Butcher
Sideshow - Marvel - Hot Toys Gun-Metal Iron Man Mark III
Sideshow - Disney - Runaway Brain Mickey Mouse Oversize
Sideshow - LOTR - 'Mount Doom' Dio: Sam & Frodo
Sideshow - Mort B&W vinyl figure
SOTA - Master Gouken "Battle Cry" Head
Toyrocket - Master Gouken "Standard" Head
Toynami - Futurama
Underground Toys - Dr. Who Figures - Sixth Doctor with ‘Real Time’ Blue coat
Underground Toys - Dr. Who Figures - Second Doctor with Telos Cyber Tombs Cyberman 2 Pack (colour & B/W)
Underground Toys - Dr. Who Figures - First Doctor with Dalek Invasion Of Earth ‘Black’ Dalek 2 Pack (colour & B/W)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:41 am 

This is what I have so far.
Some items may have changed status or might be at different booths:

AFX:
• Marvel Minimates - Thunderbolts boxed set (Norman Osborn, Penance, Radioactive Man, Venom) $20 (2000 pieces)
• Marvel Minimates - Champions boxed set (Hercules, Black Widow, Angel, Ghost Rider) $20 (2000 pieces)
• Terminator Minimates - T2 Attack on Cyberdyne box set (Sarah Conner S.W.A.T. Gear, Terminator Muscle Shirt, Miles Dyson, Scortched Endoskeleton) $20 (2000 pieces)
• Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees Mini-Bust with Removable Mask - $60
• Gothtropolis Blue Feline Action Figure (250 pieces) $20
• Battle-Damaged Jetfire Bust (600 pieces) $60
* AFX Fan Boy Minimate Keychains and AFX Ballpoint Pens
Beginning Thursday, July 23, we will give away exclusive AFX Fan Boy Minimate Keychains, sporting AFX t-shirts, sunglasses, and sneakers. Each day we will give away 500 keychains, with a different colored t-shirt variant each day. The four color t-shirt variants will be red, blue, black, and green. Times to be announced.

BifBangPow/Entertainment Earth:
• Dexter Dark Defender Action Figure

Dark Horse Comics:
• Translucent Domo Qee (Yellow Variant)

Diamond Exclusives:
• Dark X-Men: Beginning #1-Sketch Variant (7500 copies)
• Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia-Sketch Variant (7500 copies)
• Red Skirt Dawn PVC 7" Statue (1000 pieces)
• Transformers G1 Animated Megatraon Bust (600 pieces)
• Marvel Minimates - Dark Avengers boxed set #2 (Ares, Sentry, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye)(2000 pieces)
• Ghostbusters Minimates - Venkman & Stay Puft Marshmallow Man 2-Pack (2000 pieces)
• Ghostbusters - Angry Stay Puft Marshmallo Man Bank (1000 pieces)

Forbidden Planet:
• Doctor Who figures of the first two Doctors (one with Dalek, other with Tombs Cyberman) in color and black/white, sixth Doctor in "Real Time" costume

Gentle Giant:
• Blackhole Stormtrooper statue
• Ralph McQuarrie concept Boba Fett bust (2 interchangable helmets)
• Limited Edition Breast Cancer Research pink Darth Vader helmet
• Halo Master-Chief Mini-Bust
• Dumbledore Mini-Bust
Gentle Giant SDCC 09 Giveaway:
http://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/sdccgiveaway.html

Haminal:
• Deviled Haminal plush

Hasbro:
• Transformers Optimus Prime Mighty Muggs (detachable cannon, metallic finish and commemorative box)
• Marvel Logan/Wolverine Mighty Muggs with retractable claws
* Might be a Deadpool Mighty Muggs as an SDCC exclusive
• Transformers 25th Anniversary Soundwave figure. A re-issue of the original 1984 G1 figure with 4 cassettes-Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Ratbat
• G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 12" Baroness figure - $25
• G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 3 3/4" Destro figure 2-pack
• My Little Pony Super Hero

Kotobukiya:
• Black Widow (blonde) Marvel x Bishoujo (500 pieces)

Kozik:
• Happy Beaver - Kozik Evil Beaver Variant (tentative SDCC release and booth TBD)

Mattel:
• 3 3/4" Anti-Monitor figure (for 50 Anti-Monitor points you get it FREE).
• 30" Anti-Monitor figure (1 raffled each day, 25 Anti-Monitor points for 1 raffle ticket).
• DC Universe Classics Wonder Twins 2-pack (Gleek comes poly-bagged separately and only at SDCC).
• Justice League Unlimited Green Lantern Origins 3-pack
• Masters of the Universe Classics HE-RO figure
• Cars - Rescue Squad Mater 3-pack
• Ghostbuster Classics Dr. Egon Spengler with Slimer figure
• Toy Story - 3 3/4" Buzz Lightyear with movie acurate packaging

McFarlane Toys:
• Halo Griffball Spartan figure

Mr. Toast:
• Ninja Joe the Egg (1000 pieces - only 800 at SDCC) $10 - 2 per person limit

NECA:
• Street Fighter 4 Guile Figure (Charlie's Classic Costume)
• Dead Space Issac Clarke Figure (Unitology Suit
• Gears of War Locust Grenadier Figure (Lambent)
• TMNT April O' Neil with Mousers Figure
• Special Edition Coraline Bendable Figure in Star Spangled Sweater

Shocker Toys:
• Black and White slinky Tracy Standard Action Figure
• Black and White slinky Tracy Variant Action Figure (Available at SDCC only)

Sideshow Collectibles:
• Gunmetal Grey Iron Man Mark III 12" Figure
• 1/6 Luke and Han in Stormtroop Disguise 12" Figure Set
• Subject 16566: The Butcher 12" Figure
• Mount Doom Frodo and Sam Diorama
• Crimson Cobra Commander 12" Figure
• Runaway Brain Mickey Mouse Vinyl Figure by Medicom Toy x Disney
• Mort - Black and White Edition Vinyl Figure

Star Wars:
• Force Unleashed Stormtrooper
• Rebel Pilot Luke Skywalker figure with ladder attachment for X-Wing

Strangekiss:
• Bill the Yeti figure by David Lapham

ToyQube
• Mini Sharky - Kieth Poon x ToyQube Box Set (Pearl Black, Pearl White, GID, Clear)

Uglydolls:
• GID Ice-Bat Blind Box Figures (6 per case = 1 full set per case)
Colors are Blue, Orange, Purple, Green, Yellow, Clear

• Mini Dokuwashis by Brian Flynn
• Tokidoki 400% Be@rbrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 am 

toy tokyo has 4 mindstyle exclusives
and there might be some sushi toys by mr. bell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 am 

Anyone know if Hasbro sells on Preview night?

Hasbro:
• Transformers Optimus Prime Mighty Muggs (detachable cannon, metallic finish and commemorative box)
• Marvel Logan/Wolverine Mighty Muggs with retractable claws
* Might be a Deadpool Mighty Muggs as an SDCC exclusive
• Transformers 25th Anniversary Soundwave figure. A re-issue of the original 1984 G1 figure with 4 cassettes-Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Ratbat
• G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 12" Baroness figure - $25
• G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 3 3/4" Destro figure 2-pack
• My Little Pony Super Hero

Would it be fair to bring my bodyguards who are 6'8 350 for line control???

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 am 

hasbro is beyond my knowledge

wow i needed some bodyguards at the dharma booth last year. LOST nerds were causing a rukus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:59 am 

halfapparition wrote:
hasbro is beyond my knowledge

wow i needed some bodyguards at the dharma booth last year. LOST nerds were causing a rukus

I'm a LOST nerd, but I'll be nice. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next