forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 am 

Yeah there is definitely a couple things I wouldn't have minded picking up but I am very happy with my purchase. That Doze Goddess was something I always looked at but never even fathomed purchasing it (specifically due to the price.)

Now I just have to find an area big enough to display it.

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:28 am 

Whoa, that's insane that there was a screw up with the 80% South Park code. KR is going to be hurting on the huge purchases made with it.

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/arjybarjy/have

Great sellers: eonsorca, DeanoMeano, BoomBapClap
Great mules: Exforge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:04 am 

666ways2love wrote:
I almost pulled the trigger on the Blaine Fontana. But even for $100 I would have just been buying it because of the price and not because I really really loved it. Luckily for KR it wasn't working on Craww because I wouldn't have thought twice

Great job on the Doze Mongo! Ridiculous price for such a massive piece

I'm sure somebody lost their job at HQ over all this. I was reading on FB ppl buying like 1.5K of licensed BB at 80% off.

i hope ebay is ready for the flood! :lol:

TRAMPT Collection

TRAMPT Artist Portfolio! Follow!

Customs for sale:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=193936

GSA/GBA:
150+ successful positive transactions!

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

Pending transactions: greggygreg, Frankthefish, hitechkoolaid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:52 am 

If any of you that bought KR gear during this time, at these massive discounts that were above and beyond what were supposed to happen, then email me about why you didn't get free shipping, I will publicly ridicule you on here for being a cheap bastard.. :evil:

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:59 am 

Do you think KR would cancel/refund the orders?

Great transactions with:
Anubis2night, Chen Reaction, Crestone, dong32117
Dunnybunny,Ebill, Echotyper, Er0k26,
FericFanatic,
Fifizzle, gmiddleswarth
Grindhouse,Histogirl, Henry17s, locotoy, Mastodon,mogwai23, Milanosleep, MoralWarfare, Nicklee13, Onekae, plandesign39, Purple Alice,QUIZ, Reganomics813, riddlped
RobbieXeff, Robotki,Sigurd, Samuraimastajin, octoberstorm, Xshezx wwwetworks, Zeusneckone,

Great Trades: Reganomics813, ProjectMayhem,OmniBuzz

I'm geopina on 3A Legion Outpost forum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 am 

skelve wrote:
Do you think KR would cancel/refund the orders?

Pretty sure they all shipped. Mine has and is already moving.

"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:29 am 

I never thought I'd feel bad about only getting 60% off lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 am 

fastfingers21 wrote:
I never thought I'd feel bad about only getting 60% off lol

Or 72% off either. I couldn't think about what a great deal I got, all I could think about was the crazy deal I missed.

Good Buyers: Mongo Lloyd,buzzelightyear;jinu89,PJPVIV,OctavusOmen,starkravinmad, Scrow,chinadoll, Nothing371, Adultswim666,xeducatorx;enigmamgine;TO_designs;Hyper mite; shinobistinks,darika09, kamalau

Nothing371 wrote:
Ebay sellers typically have much more integrity, reliability, and ethically higher standards than the people that gloat and taunt insider info on here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some people really need to get over the fact that people sell toys in order to afford new ones. I know. It's shocking. But it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:37 am 

Hey there is always next year :) I was hoping KR would do like a random extra sale day for people who missed the 60% off but after reading this thread it might be awhile before people see another sale...hopefully I'm wrong though

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:07 am 

I feel like that crazy greed ruined it for everyone. Over 1,000$ on blind boxes, that's just nasty.

Good trades with: Chapper, Bundleofjon, wigalicous, c.feng, unoudid
Good transactions with: Turbobert, Flinst0wned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 am 

Soaringboots wrote:
I feel like that crazy greed ruined it for everyone. Over 1,000$ on blind boxes, that's just nasty.

Not really. Think about it either that was at or around wholesale so KR is used to selling at that price or if it was below retailers were buying in decent quantities which they should have expected ahead of time. The extra discount probably was not factored in but if it was that big of a problem orders would have been canceled or buyers would have been contacted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 am 

slacker370z wrote:
Soaringboots wrote:

Not really. Think about it either that was at or around wholesale so KR is used to selling at that price or if it was below retailers were buying in decent quantities which they should have expected ahead of time. The extra discount probably was not factored in but if it was that big of a problem orders would have been canceled or buyers would have been contacted.

Actually you are not correct.

Not wholesale prices and far off.
The only reason they have not cancelled orders is that people here are prone to biznatch at every little issue and want handouts. Probably saving themselves a headache by not cancelling. Just look at the guy that had a fit for $5 shipping or the guy that flipped from one small error on the bundles.

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 am 

halfapparition wrote:
slacker370z wrote:
Soaringboots wrote:

Actually you are not correct.

Not wholesale prices and far off.
The only reason they have not cancelled orders is that people here are prone to biznatch at every little issue and want handouts. Probably saving themselves a headache by not cancelling. Just look at the guy that had a fit for $5 shipping or the guy that flipped from one small error on the bundles.

I would have thought KR knew what was happening considering they excluded some items from it and not others. Specifically the Fontaine and Doze KR Black pieces could be purchased at the discount but not the Craww.

What is most scary is how much stuff DIDN'T sell out. Makes me wonder about the real run numbers, specifically the JPK 8".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:47 am 

Then they should have been or were prepared for huge buys from stores (I am talking about the 60% off not the screw up btw). The extra discount while it sucks in the grand scheme of things probably is not going to affect them that much. Even if $50k was purchased an extra 20% is $10k. Annual revenue was $5million+ years ago so not a huge amount (private company hard to get good numbers).

People do like to complain. I would actually love to see some of the messages posted that KR has to deal with as it would make me feel better about the stupid responses I have to deal with at my job.

BTW please take this as a friendly discussion not complaining or attacking. Would love to know some actual sales numbers for sale of that size but that's just because I am curious like that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:50 am 

slacker370z wrote:
Then they should have been or were prepared for huge buys from stores (I am talking about the 60% off not the screw up btw). The extra discount while it sucks in the grand scheme of things probably is not going to affect them that much. Even if $50k was purchased an extra 20% is $10k. Annual revenue was $5million+ years ago so not a huge amount (private company hard to get good numbers).

People do like to complain. I would actually love to see some of the messages posted that KR has to deal with as it would make me feel better about the stupid responses I have to deal with at my job.

BTW please take this as a friendly discussion not complaining or attacking.

Oh ok yeah non screw up is diff story.

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm 

slacker370z wrote:
I would actually love to see some of the messages posted that KR has to deal with as it would make me feel better about the stupid responses I have to deal with at my job..

I was seriously considering taking all of the awful responses and make an anonymous thread of them.. No names, just the content of their emails.. BTW, some of you should seriously be ashamed of yourselves by acting in such a fashion..

;)

Carry on..
-N

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:14 pm 

slacker370z wrote:

BTW please take this as a friendly discussion not complaining or attacking. Would love to know some actual sales numbers for sale of that size but that's just because I am curious like that.

The code was for 80% off, not 20%. It was a huge amount. Cases of 20 blind boxes for $16 etc...

Good Buyers: Mongo Lloyd,buzzelightyear;jinu89,PJPVIV,OctavusOmen,starkravinmad, Scrow,chinadoll, Nothing371, Adultswim666,xeducatorx;enigmamgine;TO_designs;Hyper mite; shinobistinks,darika09, kamalau

Nothing371 wrote:
Ebay sellers typically have much more integrity, reliability, and ethically higher standards than the people that gloat and taunt insider info on here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some people really need to get over the fact that people sell toys in order to afford new ones. I know. It's shocking. But it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:15 pm 

noeleaser wrote:
slacker370z wrote:
I would actually love to see some of the messages posted that KR has to deal with as it would make me feel better about the stupid responses I have to deal with at my job..

I was seriously considering taking all of the awful responses and make an anonymous thread of them.. No names, just the content of their emails.. BTW, some of you should seriously be ashamed of yourselves by acting in such a fashion..

;)

Carry on..
-N

Wait did people complain that got the 80 percent off deal? Or the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals?

No complaints here, I won't lie I was skeptical that KR would honor the 80 so I just waited silently for either the cancellation or the shipping notice. Props for honoring it. :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:18 pm 

homerj wrote:
slacker370z wrote:

The code was for 80% off, not 20%. It was a huge amount. Cases of 20 blind boxes for $16 etc...

Yeah it was pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:26 pm 

homerj wrote:
slacker370z wrote:

I was referring to the extra 20% off KR already planned for the 60% part. The whole point was to show how non huge an extra 20% is to a company of a decent size.

noeleaser wrote:

;)

Carry on..
-N

Do it :badgrin:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:34 pm 

noeleaser wrote:
slacker370z wrote:

;)

Carry on..
-N
haha, that's awesome. That would be the post of the month.

Hypothetically. I guess..

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 pm 

slacker370z wrote:
homerj wrote:
slacker370z wrote:

I was referring to the extra 20% off KR already planned for the 60% part. The whole point was to show how non huge an extra 20% is to a company of a decent size.

Since Mongo posted his order it cleared everything up. I thought the code was for 80% off of the 60% off price. It looks like it took 80% off of the regular retail price. Still hurts, but I don't feel as bad now.

Nothing371 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:06 pm 

Posting the complaints would rule.

I also know there is a list of all the flippers. Hell some are even in this thread ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:09 pm 

I got the initial 60% off my order, then used a personal 20% off code that was emailed to me for another reason. I didnt really take advantage of it though, i bought a case of BFFs for like 49 dollars or something hahaha.

Not bad i guess

Good transactions: VapDee, Nicedream, adik.na.chinoy, Phelany
twentytwo, ironmann, FistfulOfBunnies, paul, consumption, thndrstrk
asprintingpress, chillywilly153, rafissaying, statusquo, Sir Real

http://www.facebook.com/JonathanYacoubPhotography

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:17 pm 

Not to defend "flippers" but isn't that really only an issue on low run items that sell out quickly? If anything this sale should only make some of these Dunnys (Evolved/2013) more affordable for a lot of people buying them off boardies.

As for the 80 percent off. I don't feel bad for jumping on it. It definitely softened the blow of seeing the McBess piece selling for 80 bucks within a month of the release.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next