forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:23 pm 

man, i was happy with the 60% off :lol: and people who got more off were complaining?! those are the ones we will see on ebay trying to sell their cases or bb's at full retail raking in the cash, oh what wonders it would be to tie them up, and rip open every blind box one by one, destroying only the rare figures right in front of their eyes :lol: 'oh, you could make $100 off this one figure?! let me grab a lighter real quick' :evil: :badgrin:

even high run series have chases that can still bring in more than the whole case was worth ...and even with people buying $50 cases, some will still try and get full retail for the figures here on the boards ....it happened with the azteca from jackthreads that were like .25 a piece or whatever ...people were still trying to sell their dupes for like $5+

TRAMPT Collection

TRAMPT Artist Portfolio! Follow!

Customs for sale:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=193936

GSA/GBA:
150+ successful positive transactions!

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

Pending transactions: greggygreg, Frankthefish, hitechkoolaid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:32 pm 

TO_designs wrote:
man, i was happy with the 60% off :lol: and people who got more off were complaining?! those are the ones we will see on ebay trying to sell their cases or bb's at full retail raking in the cash, oh what wonders it would be to tie them up, and rip open every blind box one by one, destroying only the rare figures right in front of their eyes :lol: 'oh, you could make $100 off this one figure?! let me grab a lighter real quick' :evil: :badgrin:

even high run series have chases that can still bring in more than the whole case was worth ...and even with people buying $50 cases, some will still try and get full retail for the figures here on the boards ....it happened with the azteca from jackthreads that were like .25 a piece or whatever ...people were still trying to sell their dupes for like $5+

I can't lie I profited off the Jackthreads/PLNDR deal. It was like 1.25 a blind box and I bought 100 for custom fodder. Ended up with two completed sets and still a whole lot of custom fodder.

That poses an interesting question though. If you had a full Dunny set that you knew sold for 300+ but you got it for much cheaper (and had no interest in the Dunnys other than painting over them,) would you sell it for the price you got it for? Paint over it? Or make profit?

I guess I am playing Devil's Advocate a bit but I do believe that the majority of the people on here wouldn't pass up on these deals.

It's like most of the Coarse and KAWs items. The moment they arrive in hand I see pretty well known and "upstanding" members of the community selling them at highly inflated prices and no one seems to care.

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:52 pm 

There are very few morals with toy collecting, or any other kind of collecting. Go visit the buy/sell boards on Expressobeans for art and check out the pricing.

People like to come on here and preach the moral high ground but I've had very few, if any, people offer 'boardie discounts' or hookups of any nature on here. I've bought 10x more on here than I have ever been able to sell. Everyone wants discounts but hardly anybody actually buys anything. It's like a garage sale. Whatever price you list your items at, people will want to pay 20-50% less than that. There have only been a couple of good dudes like VapDee that sell things on here for boardie prices.

In the year and a few months I have been following these boards there have been no board exclusives. Very few special offers for members. Twice, Guru and/or Noel have posted threads containing sought after restocks for selling things like Dunny Apocalypse, Shadow Friend, etc. which was really cool.

I've bought 80% of my toy collection on Ebay and will sell things for the prices I see fit. There's no charity or sharing the wealth around here lol.

This is a tangent to the recent discussion but I have already praised KR in multiple places for their amazingly sweet Black Friday sale. Giving back to your supporters is truly appreciated.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:02 pm 

Mongo Lloyd wrote:
I can't lie I profited off the Jackthreads/PLNDR deal. It was like 1.25 a blind box and I bought 100 for custom fodder. Ended up with two completed sets and still a whole lot of custom fodder.

That poses an interesting question though. If you had a full Dunny set that you knew sold for 300+ but you got it for much cheaper (and had no interest in the Dunnys other than painting over them,) would you sell it for the price you got it for? Paint over it? Or make profit?

I guess I am playing Devil's Advocate a bit but I do believe that the majority of the people on here wouldn't pass up on these deals.

It's like most of the Coarse and KAWs items. The moment they arrive in hand I see pretty well known and "upstanding" members of the community selling them at highly inflated prices and no one seems to care.

yeah im sure most people bought them with the intent on making money ...someone like myself bought a bunch to customize, even if i pulled a JH or something i wouldve kept it since i like it ....if it wasnt a plain dunny like the mariachis or virgen then yeah i sold it since i had no use for it ...i pulled one grey beast bros and he still sits on my shelf to this day! even when i couldve raked in almost $20+ when he was super sought after, doesnt sound like much of a profit but then the dunny was $1 it wouldve been ...ive seen people paint over multiples of scribes (grey and blue) from the 2013 series even though they couldve brought in $25-40 per dunny ...if i had a full set i grabbed cheap, and had nothing to paint, darn straight id paint over them! i can admit i have painted over dunnys i couldve made money off of

dont get me wrong the deals are great and i know most people do buy with the intent of reselling for a profit, but for someone to buy something like 10 cases of ONE series is a little obvious with what they are going to do with them ...not to mention some of the people who buy either have everything they want (so everything is profit) or they dont even collect this stuff and only buy it for the resell

i dont follow kaws that much but i know that there is a huge market and people know they will more than likely always be able to make money off a piece even if they paid release retail, i think that side of toys has to do with the run limits ....when only like 100 are being produced, the resell market will always be there and people generally arent grabbing them for 80% off retail

TRAMPT Collection

Customs for sale:

GSA/GBA:

Cool peeps:
Shinobistinks!, DrftDrgn21, Merlin, Nicedream, Jaysin, foto junkay, DrewBlood, HOVA, Cheapet, nerps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:05 pm 

Nothing371 wrote:
There are very few morals with toy collecting, or any other kind of collecting. Go visit the buy/sell boards on Expressobeans for art and check out the pricing.

People like to come on here and preach the moral high ground but I've had very few, if any, people offer 'boardie discounts' or hookups of any nature on here. I've bought 10x more on here than I have ever been able to sell. Everyone wants discounts but hardly anybody actually buys anything. It's like a garage sale. Whatever price you list your items at, people will want to pay 20-50% less than that. There have only been a couple of good dudes like VapDee that sell things on here for boardie prices.

This is a tangent to the recent discussion but I have already praised KR in multiple places for their amazingly sweet Black Friday sale. Giving back to your supporters is truly appreciated.

agreed with that people wanting a discount but never giving a discount sorta thing ....thats why i wish the BF sale was a code only given out to true fans who followed ...any nub can follow on FB and be like 'oh sweet, cheap stuff i can sell!!!!' ...the sale is good for the fans who may have missed out on things or dont have thousands to throw at the wall, those are the ones who will appreciate what they got and not get stuff in hopes to make money ...i mean crap ill admit, i got a case of evolved (didnt get any on release day), a south park bb for a gift, a mini raffy, and a micro munny since all i had was like $95 ....couldnt even add a few more things to get free shipping!!

it would be the day when i see a boardie so awesome, that bought cases of stuff looking for things he didnt have already but then turned around and gave a good deal with the extra stuff he got and wasnt looking for a 500% markup ($1 bb, selling figure for $5+)

TRAMPT Collection

Customs for sale:

GSA/GBA:

Cool peeps:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:27 pm 

TO_designs wrote:
Nothing371 wrote:

agreed with that people wanting a discount but never giving a discount sorta thing ....thats why i wish the BF sale was a code only given out to true fans who followed ...any nub can follow on FB and be like 'oh sweet, cheap stuff i can sell!!!!' ...the sale is good for the fans who may have missed out on things or dont have thousands to throw at the wall, those are the ones who will appreciate what they got and not get stuff in hopes to make money ...i mean crap ill admit, i got a case of evolved (didnt get any on release day), a south park bb for a gift, a mini raffy, and a micro munny since all i had was like $95 ....couldnt even add a few more things to get free shipping!!

it would be the day when i see a boardie so awesome, that bought cases of stuff looking for things he didnt have already but then turned around and gave a good deal with the extra stuff he got and wasnt looking for a 500% markup ($1 bb, selling figure for $5+)

You need to realize a good deal isn't based on what the seller bought it for, it's what you're paying. So what if someone bought a dunny for $1 and charged a 500% markup. The buyer still got dunny for 5 bucks which is a good deal.

Look at my past sales. 100 bucks for a case of Futurama. Whether I paid 10 bucks or 50 bucks for the case is irrelevant. 100 bucks for a case is a good deal for the buyer.

Good Buyers: Mongo Lloyd,buzzelightyear;jinu89,PJPVIV,OctavusOmen,starkravinmad, Scrow,chinadoll, Nothing371, Adultswim666,xeducatorx;enigmamgine;TO_designs;Hyper mite; shinobistinks,darika09, kamalau

Nothing371 wrote:
Ebay sellers typically have much more integrity, reliability, and ethically higher standards than the people that gloat and taunt insider info on here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some people really need to get over the fact that people sell toys in order to afford new ones. I know. It's shocking. But it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:33 pm 

back on topic, bought a couple gifts for my little cousins, Travis Cain BFFs, yummy erasers and keychains and marvel labbits

a jacket for myself and my dad, a hat and a bag.

Great sale by Kidrobot. congrats to everyone who scored something awesome. Kind of jealous.

Happy Holidays everybody.

Transactions/References

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:38 pm 

therealchinaman wrote:
back on topic, bought a couple gifts for my little cousins, Travis Cain BFFs, yummy erasers and keychains and marvel labbits

a jacket for myself and my dad, a hat and a bag.

Great sale by Kidrobot. congrats to everyone who scored something awesome. Kind of jealous.

Happy Holidays everybody.

+1

Im so excited to get my Evolved case. My one and only cyber Monday purchase! Hopefully I can finish out the series for my collection with this! :D

I was tempted to get some holidapes but my wallet was already despising me :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:48 pm 

I'm really excited for all my fellow black friday cyber monday shoppers to open their Simpsons and Evolved so then I will have people with whom to trade!

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5