forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:52 am 

another dunny series??? this one looks pretty cool though. the price is insane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:52 am 

HamBat wrote:
Anyone else thinking the Walrus could possibly be the JLed one?

if anything I would suspect kozik

Great deals with: aesthetics, amentia, aparatchik, bilbetsovic, bushri chelseacandy, contra808, copernicus, crippled pigeon, c483125117, daveblog, decep0ner, dizzy8080, djfohm, dr_obake, dunny_photo, eric the red, flapjack, globeboxxr, h20bear, hoya0023, icon84, irsk, johnnydunks!, j0su, katieinmaryland, leadie, lilbooddha, loudwizard, louleeboo, lucidruthie, lulu, magicmanjk808, markie_darkie16, mastahvic, memetic, miami, mindblowin02, mzkaydi, nmr509, nypedestrian, rustedhalo, sadistic spork, sgsterne, SM doom, TOYBOX, wky, wolfchild, zengoa, zmonkee78

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:54 am 

doughyboy wrote:
HamBat wrote:
Anyone else thinking the Walrus could possibly be the JLed one?

if anything I would suspect kozik

I thought that maybe too.

Who knows. It doesn't have the usual JLed shading, but there are some bits that make me think it could be. I dunno.

Anyway, I think it's a good concept, and I await to see more. I just hope that Touma one isn't a ridiculous chase (of course it's going to be). It's not particularly ground-breaking, but it looks alreet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:07 am 

Wonder how limited these would be ... because of the price. :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:14 am 

I am definitely going to aim at getting that Dunny set by Saner. The new Dunny series looks nice but I am still contemplating on it because I have yet need to see the rest of the production before purchasing any, especially because of price increase. Hopefully there will be a discount coupon code of some sort. Anyways, I am mainly looking forward to the coming of S6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 am 

I'm passing on May.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:27 am 

I think the rollin' stock minis have potential....but at $9.95 a box, and only 5 of the figures shown, I'll wait and see......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:36 am 

I'm gonna pass on may.

good people to buy/sell things to/from...:)
dxjock+linhpham1201+ tactics+ynottony+ Ottawa+ srsp16+ SUSAN2008+chachul+ ddokbaro+GetterRobo+gazpacho+richl+rizadette+barnettkthrn+puppetbrain+reganomics813+ kmp831+terrorpanda+ camdenoir+ pandabandit12+ haze123+ Nicocato+brandunny+xiaobai+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:23 am 
The price increase sucks, but I think KR is trying in some sick strange way to restore Dunnys to an exclusive thing like they used to be. Maybe to turn away average buyers that come in to the store just to see what the store is? Maybe to make them a more limited run, but still make a lot of money? It's hard to explain, so sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'm sure there's some good reason for it because KR does care about it's customers. That KRNY Employee thread that happened a while back actually did affect things in the company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 am 

The Dunny price is definitely a let down to Collectors... :expensive:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:38 am 

Did KR use to release 8" dunny on consecutive months? My rump is going broke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:43 am 

Seriously, what is going on with the price hike? 3"ers went from $6.95 to $8.95? :doubt: And what the heck... $75 is now the norm for 8" Dunnys??? I actually was interested in the Kronk 8" and he seems like a cool guy but $75 was not going to happen.

Well until someone sells me one of their MANY doubles a month later for $5 looks like I'll be passing on KR releases again

SameFly Photography

Last edited by corsair on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:52 am 

imo, they look okay, but as long as kidrobot keeps raising prices, i refuse to buy anything new.

seems like theyre mass producing everything while raising prices to get as much money as they can.

Wanted:
Bearbrick Series 21: Batman

Awesome Transactions: nerps
Good Purchases: gazpacho, rottierook, doobs01, idlechimp, meanmistert, yorickbrown, aruss
Good Sales: sadistic x2, ChewieOK, riddlped, PJPVIV x2, thegfm, zenki.life, elevatedflow, Hairbland, viFo, linh, LabbitChon, drybones, joker, robbieXeff, Suz, dunnyjake, helloimnancy, kittenpixe, yhcai3579, xxclandestinexx, hovdog x2, le_bloomer, tattooedjester, dp6453, hu8o, silliebaby, EliottV, NewAddictions, pariahseven, Sh4dowfox007, jus_sum_guy, genejo
Good Trades: SheriffJWPepper, rjl, DrftDrgn21

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:57 am 

i really like the look of the rollin' stock!

looking forward to these =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:02 am 

I will buy anyone 3' Mictlantecuhtli from the Xólotl Dunny 8-inch pm me when u get one !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:04 am 

Meh, I dig the Touma dunny but I don't plan on looking to complete the set. At least this month they tried to justify the $75 price tag by throwing in a 3"er. Other than that the rest of the releases are nothing special. Lets hope this summer KR steps it up, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 am 

The 8" is awesome. Definitely gonna try to pick one up but I have a feeling this is gonna be like the HII dunny all over again.

But 9 bucks for a dunny series is way too much especially when they just raised the prices on the UK series.... :doubt:

SALE!

MY Collection:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:13 am 

Anyone have a checklist for the Endangered set? Curious to see the other designs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:32 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:
Another money saving month!

I'm with you on that! Still boycotting that $75 price tag. And I don't dig any of the animals that I saw ((so far)) enough to pay $9+ per BB. Another $1 price jack? WTF! I would GLADLY pay it if it were going to some sort of endangered wildlife fund. BUT NO.

+1

Please... pleople... we can live with out 3'' that look pretty common and are 9 dolars a POP... I mean please... if you support this, is you go buy a box like it was the las water bottle on earth.... what is to stop them from making S6 @ 9.95
and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

DONT BUY THEM>>> make KR lear a lesson...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 am 

Nicocato wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:

I'm with you on that! Still boycotting that $75 price tag. And I don't dig any of the animals that I saw ((so far)) enough to pay $9+ per BB. Another $1 price jack? WTF! I would GLADLY pay it if it were going to some sort of endangered wildlife fund. BUT NO.

+1

Please... pleople... we can live with out 3'' that look pretty common and are 9 dolars a POP... I mean please... if you support this, is you go buy a box like it was the las water bottle on earth.... what is to stop them from making S6 @ 9.95
and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

Honestly, I don't think a boardmember boycott would make much headway. Honestly, unless you got the entire boards and then a thousand more KR might realize so, but the 8inchers have proven to sell out and will continue to sell out because they're more limited. I think that if you manage to get enough people here and outside of the boards yo might have a chance but it would take one helluva long petition :doubt:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 am 

I'm digging the endangered, but $9? What happened to $7? Damn it. They're charging it, because I'm going to pay it. Damn it! They're on to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:40 am 

Nicocato wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:

+1

and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

should start a list of the people that wont be buying the endangered series b/c of the price. maybe if we get a couple hundred people KR will listen... just maybe

correction a few hundred

1. mrscrouge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:46 am 

mrscrouge wrote:
Nicocato wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:

+1

and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

should start a list of the people that wont be buying the endangered series b/c of the price. maybe if we get a couple hundred people KR will listen... just maybe

correction a few hundred

1. mrscrouge

Sorry to put you in second..

1. NICOCATO
2. mrscrouge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:47 am 

the may releases look promising but the price is a lil steep =(

want list + grails::coarsetoys Mint pain 1:3 (BOX ONLY) ROTO jaws (mint condition no seam or neck problem)...also Switch set and body bags NYFAT & LAFATS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 am 

I really like the walrus and touma, and a little bit that crazy cow.
I just wish that the price increase is due to a QC improvement, a donation to some organization (as mentioned before), and/or to a more limited series. But maybe kidrobot decided to make 8"er more limited runs, and 3"er more popular and massively produced.
And I really doubt a boycott will make any difference at all. People will keep buying.

redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:
Great stuff!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next