forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:56 am 

Saner = AWESOME!!
Price = crap, but at least it is limited to 300 and comes with a 3"

The new 3"er's are not that interesting, the price is brutal, and the designs don't look very impressive. Like someone else has already said, the Walrus looks good.

I also agree if the price increase was due to a donation to some endangered animals fund it would be semi-alright, but with no word on that, I doubt it.

That is my 2 cents.

10" Labbits (got one you don't want? PM me!)
Jamungo Kozik Buds: Leche (series 2 chase & Clear Red)
Follow me on Instagram if you're into that sort of thing: @themrmustache

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 am 

i am still in awe that they can choose to do a classic, just awesome piece like the KRINK Mailbox and make utter crap like the stuff that is coming out in May.

KRINK Mailbox tops most, almost all, of my KAWS pieces.. one of my favorite figures/pieces that I own.

I guess they have to keep the kiddies happy =\

Last edited by unkle77 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 am 

I think people will keep buying dunnys...but they will be buying less. There are still series 5 and UK dunnys available in the kidrobot site. I myself bought less of the UKs than any series before, largely due to the price increase then. Also increasing the dunny price in this economy is a bit thoughtless. It creates bad feelings with collectors who have supported the company over the years. It is manipulation and overkill in bad economic times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 am 

ChewieOK wrote:
I think people will keep buying dunnys...but they will be buying less. There are still series 5 and UK dunnys available in the kidrobot site. I myself bought less of the UKs than any series before, largely due to the price increase then. Also increasing the dunny price in this economy is a bit thoughtless. It creates bad feelings with collectors who have supported the company over the years. It is manipulation and overkill in bad economic times.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 am 

not gonna drop 75 on the 8" not really worth it...
but really feelin the 3" gonna get a case of them thou i wanna quit dunny so badly :doubt:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:27 am 

AGVA wrote:
not gonna drop 75 on the 8" not really worth it...
but really feelin the 3" gonna get a case of them thou i wanna quit dunny so badly :doubt:

go ahead and quit before the huck EDITED comes out. its ok

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:22 pm 
Nicocato wrote:
mrscrouge wrote:
Nicocato wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:
Another money saving month!

I'm with you on that! Still boycotting that $75 price tag. And I don't dig any of the animals that I saw ((so far)) enough to pay $9+ per BB. Another $1 price jack? WTF! I would GLADLY pay it if it were going to some sort of endangered wildlife fund. BUT NO.

+1

Please... pleople... we can live with out 3'' that look pretty common and are 9 dolars a POP... I mean please... if you support this, is you go buy a box like it was the las water bottle on earth.... what is to stop them from making S6 @ 9.95
and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

DONT BUY THEM>>> make KR lear a lesson...
should start a list of the people that wont be buying the endangered series b/c of the price. maybe if we get a couple hundred people KR will listen... just maybe

correction a few hundred

1. mrscrouge

Sorry to put you in second..

1. NICOCATO
2. mrscrouge

That's kinda lame. He technically started the list. Let's boycott this boycott!!!!! jk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:28 pm 

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:39 pm 

Gonna pass on the 8"dunny (high price tag) as for the 3" dunnys they look ok but nothing to go crazy over to make me buy a case. I'm gonna wait and buy someones doubles on the boards for cheaper price.

Awesome Sellers: heebysdaman, BHKidRobotNYC, zonrboy, babyvtec, lowkornmel, gallery101, sumatra71, resuri, dresearch, Manga_Spawn, bilbetsovic, Vuitton, car, brando222, Rmanintheny, litefusegetaway, ivandrago, Soft As Sin, jmf337 Buyers: Danimalx, blubbel, candycloud27, Kingly Decay, terrorpanda, Nicknards, renderit1, dds3254, Janeeliz22, car, Danny909, izzy, XPusseyKiller, TiredChildren, Merlin , redrum123, Quest_Ion, gwailo, BMXBENF, nameBRAND, Foxracing808, =DuNnYnNuD=, spungee, Eiji, swizzle119, Suz, BRADLEYAFRANK, conspiracytheory, rstone010, chamber37, soldatoj57, Esproductions Trades: godspeed, Retro603, mr.sqwert, dtrain, locotoy, quentdiggy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:44 pm 
Watch this series only be around for a month or something. Then people will be going nuts to get them all, and spending waaaaay more than the 9 dollar price tag, and kicking themselves for not buying when they could. I have absolutely no knowledge of whether or not this is true, but just to be safe, I'm prolly buying some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm 

akn220 wrote:
Watch this series only be around for a month or something. Then people will be going nuts to get them all, and spending waaaaay more than the 9 dollar price tag, and kicking themselves for not buying when they could. I have absolutely no knowledge of whether or not this is true, but just to be safe, I'm prolly buying some.

that actually would make a lot of sense....it is called "endangered" . i think you're onto something. Im still going to base it on quality for the price , if i dont see a justification for the price i wont buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 pm 

mrscrouge wrote:
akn220 wrote:

that actually would make a lot of sense....it is called "endangered" . i think you're onto something. Im still going to base it on quality for the price , if i dont see a justification for the price i wont buy it.

++++11111
I completely agree. What happened to real creativity. Just by looking at the picture they posted of it I wouldn't even want to buy a happy meal to get it. No worth it. I'll prob do like most boardies have been saying... I'll wait till other sell them for $4 and ill pick up the few that I actually like. Their not worth $9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 pm 
mrscrouge wrote:
akn220 wrote:

That's the best way to go about it IMO. Kidrobot knows that people will pay a lot for great design(I'm saying this in hopes that the other designs blow us away), and who can blame them for wanting to make money? They still treat their loyal fans really well. The open bar at the artists party pretty much made up for all my previous months of spending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:47 am 

BlueMonk wrote:
Nicocato wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:
Another money saving month!

I'm with you on that! Still boycotting that $75 price tag. And I don't dig any of the animals that I saw ((so far)) enough to pay $9+ per BB. Another $1 price jack? WTF! I would GLADLY pay it if it were going to some sort of endangered wildlife fund. BUT NO.

+1

Please... pleople... we can live with out 3'' that look pretty common and are 9 dolars a POP... I mean please... if you support this, is you go buy a box like it was the las water bottle on earth.... what is to stop them from making S6 @ 9.95
and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

DONT BUY THEM>>> make KR lear a lesson...
Honestly, I don't think a boardmember boycott would make much headway. Honestly, unless you got the entire boards and then a thousand more KR might realize so, but the 8inchers have proven to sell out and will continue to sell out because they're more limited. I think that if you manage to get enough people here and outside of the boards yo might have a chance but it would take one helluva long petition :doubt:

Haha, I'm not joining a board member boycott or dealing with ANYTHING that involves one of those stupid petition lists that never work.

It's just my personal view. Last 8" I bought was RE and that'll be that last 8" I buy until KR either drops the price down, increases QC ((which with the JH was TERRIBLE!)), or makes a design that it so absolutely mind-blowing that I can't take it.

To each his own, I suppose.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:49 am 

i dont like it only 300 made this will become hot item hype hype hype!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 am 

monkeyinjacket wrote:
i like that a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 am 

mrscrouge wrote:
monkeyinjacket wrote:
i like that a lot.

actually now that i look at it i luv the front total zombish but back is just blah!!! ugg edit this statement i get it now its so post to be brains in the back thats kinda cool but i think i just like the head part the body

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 am 

Just like April, KR will realease some sort of "May Release Specials" just like the Tree Huggr AWOL and JB's Rainy Day Dunny for April.

Just to keep the hype going...

Awesome Customizer: Rsinart, FAS, WuzOne and UNCLE
Trusted Boardie: Nicocato, geoffcuddy, TiredChildren, adik.na.chinoy

Items for sale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 pm 

Not so impressed so far, the wheelies aren't my taste at all, and the Dunny's look a little under-nourished, design wise..

My shop

PM me if you want to chat about commissions, customs etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 pm 
jonpaulkaiser wrote:
Not so impressed so far, the wheelies aren't my taste at all, and the Dunny's look a little under-nourished, design wise..

I didn't think i liked the wheelies either, until I noticed their eyes and general style. they remind me so much of the monty python artwork. (sorry the name of the artist has slipped my mind.) sort of remind me of Yellow Submarine too. theres something about the eyes. so you being from the UK might appreciate it a little more if you look at it that way. or maybe you dont like monte python or yellow submarine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:29 pm 

Yeah, I see what you mean; the elephant/mammoth is a bit like a Blue Meanie from the Yellow Submarine. Think these would perhaps have been better without the carts beneath them.

My shop

PM me if you want to chat about commissions, customs etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:06 am 

kitman34 wrote:
Just like April, KR will realease some sort of "May Release Specials" just like the Tree Huggr AWOL and JB's Rainy Day Dunny for April.

Just to keep the hype going...

Actually, in the business world those types of releases are thought up quickly and suddenly for "cash flow purposes".

I have not bought anything from KR in months, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I bought 3 or 4 of the UK dunnys that I liked from those that had doubles.

I used to run down to KR in NYC on my lunch break 2-3 times a week - I've not been to the store yet this year! But I am buying stuff - recent purchases include the Kaws 400/100, Mechtorians, a Treeson GID white firefly edition, and a Luke Mechabear GID thsat I got new sealed for $50. And some Kathie O Circus web purchases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:35 am 

The Saner is flip-floppity-flunkin amazing. I think it just might be worth the $75 with the 3". Endangered series is looking a little weak, especially for $9.

Sold to: qwest1mark, hova0023, wacko, DAT_CAT, pigwinner, bigbade, o_kedoki, Ziggy Smallz, at321fakest, ultra999, Razzberii, dinosaur, pinguino, kom22, subpop2000, Dodecahedron, Peter_Awesome, stormtr00per, bloodline, elecam, mrssna, dieselbuoy, yomi, laconciencia, katbrunnegraff
Bought from: DreVanFuzen, wacko, Meary, coasterbear, vinylwhanker
Traded with: ninwest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 pm 

wait for june !!!! JUNE IS HOT! HOT ! HOTTER =D> :prayer:
roumourmill is in full flow, 8" SHANE JESSOP GOLD VERSION series 4 + chase, 8"AMANDA VISSEL AND A 20" HG skullhead....ouchh! ouch!! OUCH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 pm 

taverymutch wrote:
wait for june !!!! JUNE IS HOT! HOT ! HOTTER =D> :prayer:
roumourmill is in full flow, 8" SHANE JESSOP GOLD VERSION series 4 + chase, 8"AMANDA VISSEL AND A 20" HG skullhead....ouchh! ouch!! OUCH!
thats serious... but how do you know this?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next