forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 1118
Location: Toronto, Canada
Saner = AWESOME!!
Price = crap, but at least it is limited to 300 and comes with a 3"

The new 3"er's are not that interesting, the price is brutal, and the designs don't look very impressive. Like someone else has already said, the Walrus looks good.

I also agree if the price increase was due to a donation to some endangered animals fund it would be semi-alright, but with no word on that, I doubt it.

That is my 2 cents.

_________________
Please Visit my: FOR SALE THREAD
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Looking To Buy:
10" Labbits (got one you don't want? PM me!)
Jamungo Kozik Buds: Leche (series 2 chase & Clear Red)
Follow me on Instagram if you're into that sort of thing: @themrmustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:13 am
Posts: 2912
Location: Oregon
i am still in awe that they can choose to do a classic, just awesome piece like the KRINK Mailbox and make utter crap like the stuff that is coming out in May.

KRINK Mailbox tops most, almost all, of my KAWS pieces.. one of my favorite figures/pieces that I own.

I guess they have to keep the kiddies happy =\


Last edited by unkle77 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 am
Posts: 1033
Location: Oklahoma
I think people will keep buying dunnys...but they will be buying less. There are still series 5 and UK dunnys available in the kidrobot site. I myself bought less of the UKs than any series before, largely due to the price increase then. Also increasing the dunny price in this economy is a bit thoughtless. It creates bad feelings with collectors who have supported the company over the years. It is manipulation and overkill in bad economic times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:10 am
Posts: 4696
Location: PR
ChewieOK wrote:
I think people will keep buying dunnys...but they will be buying less. There are still series 5 and UK dunnys available in the kidrobot site. I myself bought less of the UKs than any series before, largely due to the price increase then. Also increasing the dunny price in this economy is a bit thoughtless. It creates bad feelings with collectors who have supported the company over the years. It is manipulation and overkill in bad economic times.


+1

_________________
WTB - mad Kawanza dunny


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:01 am
Posts: 125
Location: Queens, NY
not gonna drop 75 on the 8" not really worth it...
but really feelin the 3" gonna get a case of them thou i wanna quit dunny so badly :doubt:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:05 am
Posts: 8728
AGVA wrote:
not gonna drop 75 on the 8" not really worth it...
but really feelin the 3" gonna get a case of them thou i wanna quit dunny so badly :doubt:

go ahead and quit before the huck EDITED comes out. its ok

_________________
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:22 pm 
Nicocato wrote:
mrscrouge wrote:
Nicocato wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:
Another money saving month!

I'm with you on that! Still boycotting that $75 price tag. And I don't dig any of the animals that I saw ((so far)) enough to pay $9+ per BB. Another $1 price jack? WTF! I would GLADLY pay it if it were going to some sort of endangered wildlife fund. BUT NO.


+1

Please... pleople... we can live with out 3'' that look pretty common and are 9 dolars a POP... I mean please... if you support this, is you go buy a box like it was the las water bottle on earth.... what is to stop them from making S6 @ 9.95
and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

DONT BUY THEM>>> make KR lear a lesson...
should start a list of the people that wont be buying the endangered series b/c of the price. maybe if we get a couple hundred people KR will listen... just maybe

correction a few hundred

1. mrscrouge


Sorry to put you in second..

1. NICOCATO
2. mrscrouge


That's kinda lame. He technically started the list. Let's boycott this boycott!!!!! jk


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 362
lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Oxnard CA
Gonna pass on the 8"dunny (high price tag) as for the 3" dunnys they look ok but nothing to go crazy over to make me buy a case. I'm gonna wait and buy someones doubles on the boards for cheaper price.

_________________
Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=245199

Awesome Sellers: heebysdaman, BHKidRobotNYC, zonrboy, babyvtec, lowkornmel, gallery101, sumatra71, resuri, dresearch, Manga_Spawn, bilbetsovic, Vuitton, car, brando222, Rmanintheny, litefusegetaway, ivandrago, Soft As Sin, jmf337 Buyers: Danimalx, blubbel, candycloud27, Kingly Decay, terrorpanda, Nicknards, renderit1, dds3254, Janeeliz22, car, Danny909, izzy, XPusseyKiller, TiredChildren, Merlin , redrum123, Quest_Ion, gwailo, BMXBENF, nameBRAND, Foxracing808, =DuNnYnNuD=, spungee, Eiji, swizzle119, Suz, BRADLEYAFRANK, conspiracytheory, rstone010, chamber37, soldatoj57, Esproductions Trades: godspeed, Retro603, mr.sqwert, dtrain, locotoy, quentdiggy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:44 pm 
Watch this series only be around for a month or something. Then people will be going nuts to get them all, and spending waaaaay more than the 9 dollar price tag, and kicking themselves for not buying when they could. I have absolutely no knowledge of whether or not this is true, but just to be safe, I'm prolly buying some.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 362
akn220 wrote:
Watch this series only be around for a month or something. Then people will be going nuts to get them all, and spending waaaaay more than the 9 dollar price tag, and kicking themselves for not buying when they could. I have absolutely no knowledge of whether or not this is true, but just to be safe, I'm prolly buying some.

that actually would make a lot of sense....it is called "endangered" . i think you're onto something. Im still going to base it on quality for the price , if i dont see a justification for the price i wont buy it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 174
Location: CT
mrscrouge wrote:
akn220 wrote:
Watch this series only be around for a month or something. Then people will be going nuts to get them all, and spending waaaaay more than the 9 dollar price tag, and kicking themselves for not buying when they could. I have absolutely no knowledge of whether or not this is true, but just to be safe, I'm prolly buying some.

that actually would make a lot of sense....it is called "endangered" . i think you're onto something. Im still going to base it on quality for the price , if i dont see a justification for the price i wont buy it.


++++11111
I completely agree. What happened to real creativity. Just by looking at the picture they posted of it I wouldn't even want to buy a happy meal to get it. No worth it. I'll prob do like most boardies have been saying... I'll wait till other sell them for $4 and ill pick up the few that I actually like. Their not worth $9.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 pm 
mrscrouge wrote:
akn220 wrote:
Watch this series only be around for a month or something. Then people will be going nuts to get them all, and spending waaaaay more than the 9 dollar price tag, and kicking themselves for not buying when they could. I have absolutely no knowledge of whether or not this is true, but just to be safe, I'm prolly buying some.

that actually would make a lot of sense....it is called "endangered" . i think you're onto something. Im still going to base it on quality for the price , if i dont see a justification for the price i wont buy it.


That's the best way to go about it IMO. Kidrobot knows that people will pay a lot for great design(I'm saying this in hopes that the other designs blow us away), and who can blame them for wanting to make money? They still treat their loyal fans really well. The open bar at the artists party pretty much made up for all my previous months of spending.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:33 am
Posts: 2588
Location: NYC
BlueMonk wrote:
Nicocato wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:
Another money saving month!

I'm with you on that! Still boycotting that $75 price tag. And I don't dig any of the animals that I saw ((so far)) enough to pay $9+ per BB. Another $1 price jack? WTF! I would GLADLY pay it if it were going to some sort of endangered wildlife fund. BUT NO.


+1

Please... pleople... we can live with out 3'' that look pretty common and are 9 dolars a POP... I mean please... if you support this, is you go buy a box like it was the las water bottle on earth.... what is to stop them from making S6 @ 9.95
and another @ 10.95
and S7 @ 11.95

STOPPPPP DO NOT BUY

DONT BUY THEM>>> make KR lear a lesson...
Honestly, I don't think a boardmember boycott would make much headway. Honestly, unless you got the entire boards and then a thousand more KR might realize so, but the 8inchers have proven to sell out and will continue to sell out because they're more limited. I think that if you manage to get enough people here and outside of the boards yo might have a chance but it would take one helluva long petition :doubt:

Haha, I'm not joining a board member boycott or dealing with ANYTHING that involves one of those stupid petition lists that never work.

It's just my personal view. Last 8" I bought was RE and that'll be that last 8" I buy until KR either drops the price down, increases QC ((which with the JH was TERRIBLE!)), or makes a design that it so absolutely mind-blowing that I can't take it.

To each his own, I suppose.

_________________
*j.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:01 pm
Posts: 879
i dont like it only 300 made this will become hot item hype hype hype!!!!!!!!

_________________
Great Trade: Sillynickers
Great seller Earthglass, Adik.Na.Chinoy, funny munny,analog101,Mannee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 362
monkeyinjacket wrote:
i dont like it only 300 made this will become hot item hype hype hype!!!!!!!!
i like that a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:01 pm
Posts: 879
mrscrouge wrote:
monkeyinjacket wrote:
i dont like it only 300 made this will become hot item hype hype hype!!!!!!!!
i like that a lot.


actually now that i look at it i luv the front total zombish but back is just blah!!! ugg edit this statement i get it now its so post to be brains in the back thats kinda cool but i think i just like the head part the body

_________________
Great Trade: Sillynickers
Great seller Earthglass, Adik.Na.Chinoy, funny munny,analog101,Mannee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 822
Location: The Windy City
Just like April, KR will realease some sort of "May Release Specials" just like the Tree Huggr AWOL and JB's Rainy Day Dunny for April.

Just to keep the hype going...

_________________
Image

Awesome Customizer: Rsinart, FAS, WuzOne and UNCLE
Trusted Boardie: Nicocato, geoffcuddy, TiredChildren, adik.na.chinoy

Items for sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 am
Posts: 1639
Location: UK
Not so impressed so far, the wheelies aren't my taste at all, and the Dunny's look a little under-nourished, design wise..

_________________
My flickr
My blog
twitter
My shop

PM me if you want to chat about commissions, customs etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 pm 
jonpaulkaiser wrote:
Not so impressed so far, the wheelies aren't my taste at all, and the Dunny's look a little under-nourished, design wise..


I didn't think i liked the wheelies either, until I noticed their eyes and general style. they remind me so much of the monty python artwork. (sorry the name of the artist has slipped my mind.) sort of remind me of Yellow Submarine too. theres something about the eyes. so you being from the UK might appreciate it a little more if you look at it that way. or maybe you dont like monte python or yellow submarine.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 am
Posts: 1639
Location: UK
Yeah, I see what you mean; the elephant/mammoth is a bit like a Blue Meanie from the Yellow Submarine. Think these would perhaps have been better without the carts beneath them.

_________________
My flickr
My blog
twitter
My shop

PM me if you want to chat about commissions, customs etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:41 pm
Posts: 707
kitman34 wrote:
Just like April, KR will realease some sort of "May Release Specials" just like the Tree Huggr AWOL and JB's Rainy Day Dunny for April.

Just to keep the hype going...


Actually, in the business world those types of releases are thought up quickly and suddenly for "cash flow purposes".

I have not bought anything from KR in months, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I bought 3 or 4 of the UK dunnys that I liked from those that had doubles.

I used to run down to KR in NYC on my lunch break 2-3 times a week - I've not been to the store yet this year! But I am buying stuff - recent purchases include the Kaws 400/100, Mechtorians, a Treeson GID white firefly edition, and a Luke Mechabear GID thsat I got new sealed for $50. And some Kathie O Circus web purchases.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 904
Location: MPLS
The Saner is flip-floppity-flunkin amazing. I think it just might be worth the $75 with the 3". Endangered series is looking a little weak, especially for $9.

_________________
newera84 wrote:
stay far away from this hobby.. unless you really like top ramen


Sold to: qwest1mark, hova0023, wacko, DAT_CAT, pigwinner, bigbade, o_kedoki, Ziggy Smallz, at321fakest, ultra999, Razzberii, dinosaur, pinguino, kom22, subpop2000, Dodecahedron, Peter_Awesome, stormtr00per, bloodline, elecam, mrssna, dieselbuoy, yomi, laconciencia, katbrunnegraff
Bought from: DreVanFuzen, wacko, Meary, coasterbear, vinylwhanker
Traded with: ninwest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 18
Location: DUBAI
wait for june !!!! JUNE IS HOT! HOT ! HOTTER =D> :prayer:
roumourmill is in full flow, 8" SHANE JESSOP GOLD VERSION series 4 + chase, 8"AMANDA VISSEL AND A 20" HG skullhead....ouchh! ouch!! OUCH!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 362
taverymutch wrote:
wait for june !!!! JUNE IS HOT! HOT ! HOTTER =D> :prayer:
roumourmill is in full flow, 8" SHANE JESSOP GOLD VERSION series 4 + chase, 8"AMANDA VISSEL AND A 20" HG skullhead....ouchh! ouch!! OUCH!
thats serious... but how do you know this?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group