forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:51 pm 

I'm sure there are some really cool videos out there seeing as what, about a 100 people entered? I as I'm sure plenty of other people would love to see what everybody had. Send the link to your video!

Here is the video that my girlfriend and I made to start it off. We had fun with this one.

Video!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:50 pm 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dariusjulian/3581556519/

Here's mine. Wish I had more time with it, but time was of the essence.

I liked your video too. The shadows worked well and gave it a cool effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:54 pm 

Dariusjulian wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dariusjulian/3581556519/

Here's mine. Wish I had more time with it, but time was of the essence.

I liked your video too. The shadows worked well and gave it a cool effect.

That's pretty awesome! Professionally done!
What software did you use to create the animation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:52 pm 

Thanks! I used illustrator, photoshop, and after effects (for the animation). I used Ableton Live for the soundtrack.

Unfortunately I didn't really have much to work with as far as assets so I had to make do with the few illustrations I could find.

Post subject: videos
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:37 pm 

what a great idea for a thread, you both ROCKED it! Pez-- cannot imagine how long it took to take all those shots, and the music theme fits perfectly. Darius, your work looked professional and really fun to watch.

here is my son's, keep in mind he is only seven, but he came up with the concept, and memorized the script. i did the cruddy filming, the camera is moving because i am laughing. i think we have a long video road ahead of us, my boy had a blast doing this one.

i am too new here to post a link, but you can find his video on flickr, cjkidrobot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:56 am 

Here's my commercial:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30019108@N ... 903713629/

Nice job everyone else! Darius, great commercial, yours was absolutely outstanding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:40 pm 

flickr. c o m/photos/matthew_tsang/3565464098/

I helped put this one together. This took almost 500 pictures to complete and I used Adobe Premiere to wrap it all together. We wanted a foresty-happy-fairy-tale like experience, so what better soundtrack to use than Zelda's Woodland themes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 am 

i loved the ledbetter monkey video! nice work. i'm too new to post a link, but mine can be found at flickr, emmaborden. i had a blast with the hunt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:43 am 

Pezvigilante

That was a great video. I don't have the guts to post mine. This scavenger hunt seems like a sore subject for some. It was a great time and I would do it again.

I don't know of another time I could go to my old high school and tell them I'm writing a book about teenagers with FMS, and ask to take a picture with the mascot for the book.

=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 am 

^ Your video isn't bad.

I had to go to two HS' for the mascot. My first was my HS and I had an appointment and everything, then the activities director had a family emergency, so I just went to another one close by. Both I told them I just needed a picture with the mascot and they were really friendly and helpful. No fuss made haha.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:06 am 

The next day was graduation so I had to come up with a lie quick. Small Texas towns enjoy them. =)

Your mascot experience doesn't sound too bad at all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]