Show us your Rolling Stock Videos!!!

Kidrobot's going green this year. Instead of sending stuff to Kidrobot Headquarters in trees, snap photos of your work and upload the images online.

This forum is a place to discuss your progress with the "Rollin' Stock" Photo Scavenger hunt. PLEASE NOTE: Hunt ends June 14. Winners will be announced June 18 at Kidrobot.com
Pezvigilante

Show us your Rolling Stock Videos!!!

Post by Pezvigilante » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:51 am

I'm sure there are some really cool videos out there seeing as what, about a 100 people entered? I as I'm sure plenty of other people would love to see what everybody had. Send the link to your video!

Here is the video that my girlfriend and I made to start it off. We had fun with this one.

Video!!!

Check out our daily web comic HERKIMER and all his imaginary friends at
www.laughingboycomics.com

Dariusjulian

Post by Dariusjulian » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:50 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dariusjulian/3581556519/

Here's mine. Wish I had more time with it, but time was of the essence.

I liked your video too. The shadows worked well and gave it a cool effect.

the_k1d

Post by the_k1d » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:54 am

Dariusjulian wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/dariusjulian/3581556519/

Here's mine. Wish I had more time with it, but time was of the essence.

I liked your video too. The shadows worked well and gave it a cool effect.

That's pretty awesome! Professionally done!
What software did you use to create the animation?

Dariusjulian

Post by Dariusjulian » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks! I used illustrator, photoshop, and after effects (for the animation). I used Ableton Live for the soundtrack.

Unfortunately I didn't really have much to work with as far as assets so I had to make do with the few illustrations I could find.

pennyplum

videos

Post by pennyplum » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:37 pm

what a great idea for a thread, you both ROCKED it! Pez-- cannot imagine how long it took to take all those shots, and the music theme fits perfectly. Darius, your work looked professional and really fun to watch.

here is my son's, keep in mind he is only seven, but he came up with the concept, and memorized the script. i did the cruddy filming, the camera is moving because i am laughing. i think we have a long video road ahead of us, my boy had a blast doing this one.

i am too new here to post a link, but you can find his video on flickr, cjkidrobot

crunkaintdead

Post by crunkaintdead » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:56 am

Here's my commercial:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30019108@N ... 903713629/

Nice job everyone else! Darius, great commercial, yours was absolutely outstanding!

BearKid

Post by BearKid » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:40 pm

flickr. c o m/photos/matthew_tsang/3565464098/

I helped put this one together. This took almost 500 pictures to complete and I used Adobe Premiere to wrap it all together. We wanted a foresty-happy-fairy-tale like experience, so what better soundtrack to use than Zelda's Woodland themes.
www.BEARKID.com

girlie-squirrel

my kidrobot video on scavenger hunt

Post by girlie-squirrel » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 pm

i loved the ledbetter monkey video! nice work. i'm too new to post a link, but mine can be found at flickr, emmaborden. i had a blast with the hunt!

PepperAndRice

Post by PepperAndRice » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:43 am

Pezvigilante

That was a great video. I don't have the guts to post mine. This scavenger hunt seems like a sore subject for some. It was a great time and I would do it again.

I don't know of another time I could go to my old high school and tell them I'm writing a book about teenagers with FMS, and ask to take a picture with the mascot for the book.

=)

dork77

Post by dork77 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:53 am

^ Your video isn't bad.

I had to go to two HS' for the mascot. My first was my HS and I had an appointment and everything, then the activities director had a family emergency, so I just went to another one close by. Both I told them I just needed a picture with the mascot and they were really friendly and helpful. No fuss made haha.
I am a female, what are you? :]

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

PepperAndRice

Post by PepperAndRice » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 am

The next day was graduation so I had to come up with a lie quick. Small Texas towns enjoy them. =)

Your mascot experience doesn't sound too bad at all.