forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:37 pm 

All this crap is what's going to kill all the cool stuff KR does for this board. You don't think they're looking at all this drama and name-calling thinking "well, we're not doing THAT again."

Seriously. I did not enter because I KNEW what I was getting into. It was common sense that if you entered this you had a chance to win and a very good chance to lose. It's also common sense to think that you could be losing some money and time - LIKE EVERY OTHER SCAVENGER HUNT ON THE PLANET! Did anyone think that this hunt was going to be different than last years? I sure didn't.

Sure the winner may have slipped a few times, but I willing to bet that some of you slipped in this, too. It's your fault you didn't start earlier. It's your fault you didn't send it in earlier than this guy. Stop pissing and moaning about how "unfair" this is when people like Baroness, Wizard and Guru don't have to do crap for you.

When the contests get shut down, when there's no board exclusive release, and when anything FUN they try to do is cancelled, I guess I have bitches like you to blame.

FLAME ON.

BUY MY SH!T

Good Dealings: adigitalcure, analog101, BHKidRobotNYC, bigdaddyh, C4, Chamber37, Chefjt, chorus, CloserDivision, DManTX, dphear, eckotyper, Eiji, Evil0ne, gazpacho, hashishan, HOVA, iliksprite, jimbojones, jmf337, jot84, just1nj, kngwiz, linhpham1201, lirvaevoli, Luckycat77, mechanizer, monsterdecay, mooshysushi, nnumber6, OctavusOmen, Rmanintheny, rtysmith, saiko, scarwars, series2014, skalamander, snarebum, squirtle22, Steph., sumatra71, The Boy Wunder, TiredChildren, trooshot, Ubersauze.J, vtaznboylei, ZGish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:02 pm 

smooth transactions w/: zonnie5 , hopelessj, thecanabiskilla, base x2, restaurador, camdenoir, heebysdaman, groovitude, epikGNAR, H20Bear

selling :1x HiCalorie x Julie West $25 , 2006 Joga Bonito Bearbricks set (taking offers), Endangered Dunnys $9 each not including shipping, SDCC ToyTokyo Tokidoki Geisha signed $80 obo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:32 pm 

I know what's hilarious, it's people that think that it's wrong to express their opinions if they feel the contest had some issues that need to be resolved. It's a discussion board where people vent and express their opinions.

I was nowhere near being a winner of this contest and I still believe that the judging of the winners pics are not what KR asked on there scavenger hunt list. Which makes me believe that the 2nd, 3rd, and 1st runner up might have got screwed by the judges.

I agree that it was nice of KR to put up this contest, and maybe they can improve the next time if they do decide to do it again.

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:59 pm 

I saw Matthew T.'s pictures and if anything he shouldve won. his were reeeeaaalllllyyyy good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:04 am 

thegfm wrote:
All this crap is what's going to kill all the cool stuff KR does for this board. You don't think they're looking at all this drama and name-calling thinking "well, we're not doing THAT again."

Seriously. I did not enter because I KNEW what I was getting into. It was common sense that if you entered this you had a chance to win and a very good chance to lose. It's also common sense to think that you could be losing some money and time - LIKE EVERY OTHER SCAVENGER HUNT ON THE PLANET! Did anyone think that this hunt was going to be different than last years? I sure didn't.

Sure the winner may have slipped a few times, but I willing to bet that some of you slipped in this, too. It's your fault you didn't start earlier. It's your fault you didn't send it in earlier than this guy. Stop pissing and moaning about how "unfair" this is when people like Baroness, Wizard and Guru don't have to do crap for you.

When the contests get shut down, when there's no board exclusive release, and when anything FUN they try to do is cancelled, I guess I have bitches like you to blame.

FLAME ON.

You have no idea what is going on, educate yourself before chiming in on something you have no clue about let alone having invested time in. The guy who won didn't DESERVE it, he didn't follow the rules that KR put forth. Others who followed the rules weren't giving a FAIR chance, the judging was retarded (actually judged by handicapped individuals) and it is funny that KR still tries to do these contests even though their history with COMPLETELY destroying whatever contest they provide.

I hope they stop the contests, board exclusive and anything else that requires them to think because it is obvious that they can't produce results all they produce is angry CUSTOMERS.

.....By the way good job on your KISS UP thread, I'm sure the illiterate KR heads are going to invite you to the Christmas party, and you can high-five, drink punch and talk about your custom dunny you are soooooo passionate about.

Good job, have so integrity.

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:15 am 

smiffrobot wrote:
thegfm wrote:

FLAME ON.

You have no idea what is going on, educate yourself before chiming in on something you have no clue about let alone having invested time in. The guy who won didn't DESERVE it, he didn't follow the rules that KR put forth. Others who followed the rules weren't giving a FAIR chance, the judging was retarded (actually judged by handicapped individuals) and it is funny that KR still tries to do these contests even though their history with COMPLETELY destroying whatever contest they provide.

I hope they stop the contests, board exclusive and anything else that requires them to think because it is obvious that they can't produce results all they produce is angry CUSTOMERS.

.....By the way good job on your KISS UP thread, I'm sure the illiterate KR heads are going to invite you to the Christmas party, and you can high-five, drink punch and talk about your custom dunny you are soooooo passionate about.

has anyone pointed out to you that:

A. your picnic picture SUCKED! the food didn't look remotely real. it looked like you used some scissors on a piece of stale rye bread and stabbed it with a tooth pick.

and

B. Scavengers aren't kidrobot toys. they're made by mindstyle. that would make your commercial also not count.

please stop complaining, stop collecting, and for god sakes stop posting nonsense.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:23 am 

perry platypus wrote:
smiffrobot wrote:
thegfm wrote:

FLAME ON.

has anyone pointed out to you that:

A. your picnic picture SUCKED! the food didn't look remotely real. it looked like you used some scissors on a piece of stale rye bread and stabbed it with a tooth pick.

and

B. Scavengers aren't kidrobot toys. they're made by mindstyle. that would make your commercial also not count.

please stop complaining, stop collecting, and for god sakes stop posting nonsense.

I know, I know my submission had flaws but it is not about me or my submission it is about WINNING when you didn't deserve to. Good job on creating another profile and that was your first post, I'm honored.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:58 am 

smiffrobot wrote:
thegfm wrote:

FLAME ON.

First off, :gettingdeep: head, I read through EVERY POST in this thread before I put this up. I "educated" myself just fine. All I saw toward the end were a bunch of sissys who didn't get what they wanted. Quit being a Duckling crybaby. The guy won because KR decided he won - end of story. If you think you can do better, why don't you organize the next Scavenger Hunt? I mean, you've been on these boards SO LONG and your knowledge of what goes on here must DRIP from your pores.

NOTHING they do is going to be fair across the board. The sooner your grow up and realize that, the better. Or, you can piss off and get the nunchucks out of here. People like YOU are the reason why we may never see another board-exclusive Dunny, because you'll cry and moan about it. If they were to base it on post count, you'd biznatch. If they based it on join date, you'd biznatch. So why don't you save yourself the hassle and leave while your ahead. Their company is based on being LIMITED, so of course when someone doesn't get what they want they're going to be pissed. LIFE'S TOUGH, GROW UP.

This was supposed to be a fun contest. If you spent your money to win and you lost, that's YOUR problem and anyone else who wants to whimper and moan about the "retards" of KR. I know if I were in the position to ban you, it'd be done already, cause it's AWESOME of you to talk crap to people giving you the CHANCE to get something for nothing.

Kiss up to KR? Okay. Apparently you didn't read when most of the threads I participated in were ripped off the boards because they felt it didn't belong here. Yea, I was pissed - BUT YOU MOVE ON! Seriously, are you Duckling 12? Is this Scavenger Hunt really breaking your heart? You said you weren't close to having a complete list, so are you trying to be a martyr for the oh so wronged participants? Quit being a little brat and move on.

People like YOU are killing this place, and I hope you disappear fast.

The contest is over, there is no way they're going to change the results. Grow the nunchucks up, kid.

BUY MY SH!T

Good Dealings: adigitalcure, analog101, BHKidRobotNYC, bigdaddyh, C4, Chamber37, Chefjt, chorus, CloserDivision, DManTX, dphear, eckotyper, Eiji, Evil0ne, gazpacho, hashishan, HOVA, iliksprite, jimbojones, jmf337, jot84, just1nj, kngwiz, linhpham1201, lirvaevoli, Luckycat77, mechanizer, monsterdecay, mooshysushi, nnumber6, OctavusOmen, Rmanintheny, rtysmith, saiko, scarwars, series2014, skalamander, snarebum, squirtle22, Steph., sumatra71, The Boy Wunder, TiredChildren, trooshot, Ubersauze.J, vtaznboylei, ZGish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 am 

LOL. I participated in this hunt AND I was the creator of one of the threads that was removed. Man, I'm getting screwed all over the place, haha just kidding.

Honestly, it was all in good fun. Although everyone would want a recount, it'll be too much of a hassle to really tell Jon oh we're sorry, but you did not win, and to redistribute all the prizes which they may have already shipped.

In all, I'm off to Vegas this weekend, so this is the last thing on my mind :]

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:29 am 

dork77 wrote:
LOL. I participated in this hunt AND I was the creator of one of the threads that was removed. Man, I'm getting screwed all over the place, haha just kidding.

Honestly, it was all in good fun. Although everyone would want a recount, it'll be too much of a hassle to really tell Jon oh we're sorry, but you did not win, and to redistribute all the prizes which they may have already shipped.

In all, I'm off to Vegas this weekend, so this is the last thing on my mind :]

See! You win ANYWAY!

BUY MY SH!T

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:43 am 

thegfm wrote:
smiffrobot wrote:
thegfm wrote:

FLAME ON.

First off, :gettingdeep: head, I read through EVERY POST in this thread before I put this up. I "educated" myself just fine. All I saw toward the end were a bunch of sissys who didn't get what they wanted. Quit being a nunchucks crybaby. The guy won because KR decided he won - end of story. If you think you can do better, why don't you organize the next Scavenger Hunt? I mean, you've been on these boards SO LONG and your knowledge of what goes on here must DRIP from your pores.

NOTHING they do is going to be fair across the board. The sooner your grow up and realize that, the better. Or, you can piss off and get the nunchucks out of here. People like YOU are the reason why we may never see another board-exclusive Dunny, because you'll cry and moan about it. If they were to base it on post count, you'd biznatch. If they based it on join date, you'd biznatch. So why don't you save yourself the hassle and leave while your ahead. Their company is based on being LIMITED, so of course when someone doesn't get what they want they're going to be pissed. LIFE'S TOUGH, GROW UP.

This was supposed to be a fun contest. If you spent your money to win and you lost, that's YOUR problem and anyone else who wants to whimper and moan about the "retards" of KR. I know if I were in the position to ban you, it'd be done already, cause it's AWESOME of you to talk crap to people giving you the CHANCE to get something for nothing.

Kiss up to KR? Okay. Apparently you didn't read when most of the threads I participated in were ripped off the boards because they felt it didn't belong here. Yea, I was pissed - BUT YOU MOVE ON! Seriously, are you nunchucks 12? Is this Scavenger Hunt really breaking your heart? You said you weren't close to having a complete list, so are you trying to be a martyr for the oh so wronged participants? Quit being a little brat and move on.

The contest is over, there is no way they're going to change the results. Grow the nunchucks up, kid.

What the nunchuck, If the nunchucks at KR would let me run the Scavenger hunt I would totally do it, nunchuck. I never said my list wasn't complete, I said it had flaws but not as much as the winners flaws. As for board exclusive stuff I could give a nunchuck, nunchuck, if they based on use of nunchucks or how much a nunchuck chucks if a nunchuck could chuck wood, that doesn't matter to me. I just want JUSTICE, FAIRNESS, PEOPLE WHO DESERVE to win, nunchuck.

Did anyone ever tell you that you overly use the word NUNCHUCK.

YES, YES, and YES If KR wants me to run the HUNT next year I would in a heart beat, I would create a google doc and as submissions roll in I would count them based on the rules set forth exactly to the T. I would be fair, honest and create a live web feed to show my unbaised techniques. So you hear that KR....Bring it.

Nunchuck out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:44 am 

thegfm wrote:
smiffrobot wrote:
thegfm wrote:

FLAME ON.

First off, :gettingdeep: head, I read through EVERY POST in this thread before I put this up. I "educated" myself just fine. All I saw toward the end were a bunch of sissys who didn't get what they wanted. Quit being a nunchucks crybaby. The guy won because KR decided he won - end of story. If you think you can do better, why don't you organize the next Scavenger Hunt? I mean, you've been on these boards SO LONG and your knowledge of what goes on here must DRIP from your pores.

Kiss up to KR? Okay. Apparently you didn't read when most of the threads I participated in were ripped off the boards because they felt it didn't belong here. Yea, I was pissed - BUT YOU MOVE ON! Seriously, are you nunchucks 12? Is this Scavenger Hunt really breaking your heart? You said you weren't close to having a complete list, so are you trying to be a martyr for the oh so wronged participants? Quit being a little brat and move on.

How nice we are as fellow art-lovers to hope that others "disappear fast." I think people here are running a bit hot. Nobody is "killing this place" and if you take a peak into other non related hunt threads....many issues indeed get hot. However at the core of each and every heated issue remains the common ground that indeed sometimes companies do not execute their endeavors quite as well as the patron would like. Smiffrobot realized that his submission had flaws...would I say he sucks..no way. Would I congratulate the ultimate winner of the hunt..but of course. It wasn't his fault he was chosen. Ultimately this contest had some valid flaws to it...as do others that I have read about over this forum. These forums are helpful tools to speak our peace freely and hope that the powers that be read them and perhaps adjust the manner in which they conduct contests, online ordering, or whatever the issue at hand may be. Yes speak your mind but hoping that someone would disappear is unnecessary. [-X

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:47 am 

smiffrobot wrote:
thegfm wrote:
smiffrobot wrote:
thegfm wrote:

FLAME ON.

What the nunchuck, If the nunchucks at KR would let me run the Scavenger hunt I would totally do it, nunchuck. I never said my list wasn't complete, I said it had flaws but not as much as the winners flaws. As for board exclusive stuff I could give a nunchuck, nunchuck, if they based on use of nunchucks or how much a nunchuck chucks if a nunchuck could chuck wood, that doesn't matter to me. I just want JUSTICE, FAIRNESS, PEOPLE WHO DESERVE to win, nunchuck.

Did anyone ever tell you that you overly use the word NUNCHUCK.

YES, YES, and YES If KR wants me to run the HUNT next year I would in a heart beat, I would create a google doc and as submissions roll in I would count them based on the rules set forth exactly to the T. I would be fair, honest and create a live web feed to show my unbaised techniques. So you hear that KR....Bring it.

Nunchuck out.

Was that supposed to hurt my feelings? 'Cause it didn't.

When it comes down to it, the contest is over. Go cry somewhere else, because it's not going to fix anything now.

BUY MY SH!T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:50 am 

Uh Oh...it looks like Smiffrobot wants to be a Librarian too!! WEEEEEEEEE! I enjoy the organization of information and a googleDoc is a very good idea!

I also think the emoticons are quite entertaining so just because I like this one I am going to use for no good reason at all: :axe:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:52 am 

Nope wasn't suppose to hurt your feelings, just point out your love for the word NUNCHUCK. God bless have a nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:52 am 

Well, in rebuttal to thegfm, technically speaking up does do something. I didn't believe it either until it happened LOL. People were complaining to Guru, then Guru contacted someone higher up, and then Baroness addressed us and gave us a breakdown of the points. So.. they do listen after all haha.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:53 am 

Indeed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:54 am 

dork77 wrote:
Well, in rebuttal to thegfm, technically speaking up does do something. I didn't believe it either until it happened LOL. People were complaining to Guru, then Guru contacted someone higher up, and then Baroness addressed us and gave us a breakdown of the points. So.. they do listen after all haha.

They did listen, they did recount, and it's over. Done.

There is no use in crying anymore.

BUY MY SH!T

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:00 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 am 

thegfm wrote:
dork77 wrote:

Hahaha, can you tell samlvskidrobot this? She's sending me HATE PMs over this! Hahahahaha.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:24 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
thegfm wrote:
dork77 wrote:

Hahaha, can you tell samlvskidrobot this? She's sending me HATE PMs over this! Hahahahaha.

OO OO share !!

smooth transactions w/: zonnie5 , hopelessj, thecanabiskilla, base x2, restaurador, camdenoir, heebysdaman, groovitude, epikGNAR, H20Bear

selling :1x HiCalorie x Julie West $25 , 2006 Joga Bonito Bearbricks set (taking offers), Endangered Dunnys $9 each not including shipping, SDCC ToyTokyo Tokidoki Geisha signed $80 obo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:27 am 

thegfm wrote:
dork77 wrote:

Who's crying, You about this whole tread being garbage or the ones that actually had a issue with the contest?

Cause the people that had an issue with the contest had resolve when Baroness came on and explained how the contest was judge.

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:31 am 

LOLkats wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:
thegfm wrote:
dork77 wrote:

OO OO share !!

I'll fwd it to you from my PM box. I wouldn't want to embarrass a little kid publicly on the forums like that. hahahahaha.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:56 am 

shakey wrote:

+1 on that note...I can't believe people are still talking about this and complaining to other board members. Get a damn life people, it's over now go about to buying your toys.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]