forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Results
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:47 am 
There is a total of 58 total points, with one additional point for the person with the most amount of money redeemed recycling cans.

1. Jon B. - 57 points email received 5/22 at 9:43pm

Questionable-

6. Did not use flash, no point

10. You next to a cardboard cutout of a character from Star Trek.
We talked this out back and forth since quite a few people submitted a photo with that cutout. At the end, it is a cardboard cutout display and it does have Star Trek characters on it.

14. He received the bonus point for the most people in the background.

16. He received the bonus point for the most money redeemed

21. By 'public building' we intended it to be interpreted as a building in public. Not necessarily a publicly owned building. Many people took photos of walls with no signage, as long as they were obviously 'outside in public view', they were counted.

43. His cassette tape did not count as a bonus point. But the CD did.

2. Lillian T. - 57 points, email received 5/28 at 8:43pm

Got everything on the list except for most cans redeemed and most people in back of photo.
Definitely tied for 1st place, but in the rules it stated that in the result of a tie the winner will be the person who emailed in first.

3. Cassandra P. - 57 points, email received 6/2 at 11:52pm

RUNNERS UP!~!!!

Everyone completed the scavenger hunt with 56 points, winners were determined by the order they were received.

Emerson M. - Santa Cruz, CA
Matthew T. - Toronto, ON
Blake B. - Austin, TX
Darius J. P. - Houston, TX
Rebecca B. - Los Angeles, CA
Chris S. - Glendale, CA
Kerry T. T. - Boca Raton, FL

Last edited by ToyBaroness on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:56 am 

Thanks for the recount Baroness,
But I am still confused because I have everything completed with the thousands of background people, $63 in cans redeemed (which is more than Jon's at $55 in can value ($180 were PET)). as well as the K.R. tombstone bonus.

I also turned mine in on 5/31.

Could you please recheck mine?

http://flickr.com/gp/dariusjulian/Su4Qvk

Sincerely,

Darius Portilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:59 am 
I want you all to know that I am only verifying the top 10, we got almost 100 entries and I will be unable to go through each one and double verify each one. The announcement of the runners up will be announced in a few minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:05 am 

I still say that it may be scrap metal, lol.

OMG he did have scrap metal! -_-'

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:09 am 

ToyBaroness wrote:
I want you all to know that I am only verifying the top 10, we got almost 100 entries and I will be unable to go through each one and double verify each one. The announcement of the runners up will be announced in a few minutes.

I know for a fact that We sent ours in before the 2nd and 3rd people.

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Last edited by smiffrobot on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:14 am 
RUNNERS UP!~!!!

Everyone completed the scavenger hunt with 56 points, winners were determined by the order they were received.

Emerson M. - Santa Cruz, CA
Matthew T. - Toronto, ON
Blake B. - Austin, TX
Darius J. P. - Houston, TX
Rebecca B. - Los Angeles, CA
Chris S. - Glendale, CA
Kerry T. T. - Boca Raton, FL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 am 

In my humble opinion, "those who" is plural. I honestly thought that you guys were just going to offer the bonus points to whomever had up to a certain limit that you guys set to get the bonus point, or else it should've been stated as "to the one who." For the recycling and crowd pictures anyway. Because obviously the two other bonus points, you guys gave it to everyone who got it.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:28 am 

I kinda figured the same thing about "those who".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 am 

LOL I think everyone who posts on this forum's name is on the runner's up list. Congrats!

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:45 am 

dork77 wrote:
In my humble opinion, "those who" is plural. I honestly thought that you guys were just going to offer the bonus points to whomever had up to a certain limit that you guys set to get the bonus point, or else it should've been stated as "to the one who." For the recycling and crowd pictures anyway. Because obviously the two other bonus points, you guys gave it to everyone who got it.

Wow so the answer comes on a technicality on how "Those Who" is interpreted, someone seriously needs to go back to school and take a beginning English class then take a business class on how to run a contest. I truly am disgusted in what took place within this contest. It was the most unorganized piece decorated with cool graphics and capitalist propaganda, BUY OUR TOYS,

Please please hire a lawyer next time to help out with contest rules.

Then kick me hard the next time I consider entering one of your lame contests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:46 am 

ahh! double damn it! and i didn't make runners up :sad:

congrats to the winners tho! all ur time and effort paid off...that's a good feeling =]

Last edited by pandabandit12 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:47 am 

yay, i'm on the runners-up list! i'm happy =)

Thank you Kidrobot for hosting such a fun competition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:56 am 

Gam13it wrote:

Congratz to the Canuck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:23 am 

Gam13it wrote:

Congrats! You did a great job \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:37 am 

There was $ .19 of scrap metal that some how ended up in my total. The rest were cans and bottles, both plastic and glass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:46 am 

what a sham... the star trek cutout was not a cutout

BTW, how the hell did I not even make it into the runners up? I had 57 points!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30019108@N ... 903713629/

EDIT: I had just as many points as the 3rd place winner, AND I submitted mine BEFORE her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:55 am 

crunkaintdead wrote:

BTW, how the hell did I not even make it into the runners up? I had 57 points!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30019108@N ... 903713629/

EDIT: I had just as many points as the 3rd place winner, AND I submitted mine BEFORE her!

Was your recycling lower than hers? Were you the next runner-up? haha.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:58 am 

dork77 wrote:
Was your recycling lower than hers? Were you the next runner-up? haha.

doesn't matter, because only the person with the MOST recycling money gets the point.

PLUS! I didn't even make runner up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:58 am 

crunkaintdead wrote:

Dude-- crunkaintdead-- yours is AWESOME!!! I really enjoyed your pictures-- you are the genuine article homie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:00 am 

marymc'g' wrote:
Dude-- crunkaintdead-- yours is AWESOME!!! I really enjoyed your pictures-- you are the genuine article homie.

thanks! I worked so hard on it... I even had to buy the meatloaf cassette on Amazon for $23, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 am 

=O they were on amazon for 23? LOL. And oh, I was wondering about the recycling thing because maybe they used that to rank next. I don't know.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 am 

dork77 wrote:
=O they were on amazon for 23? LOL. And oh, I was wondering about the recycling thing because maybe they used that to rank next. I don't know.

haha, yeah. If you typed in "The Very Best of Meat Loaf" on amazon (Note the space in Meat Loaf), there was one for $23, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:21 am 

crunkaintdead wrote:

I think you and your images are absolutely a great symbol of people that worked hard, followed what they thought the rules stated, and produced honest, heartfelt, and thoughtful work. Of course, that is not to say that the winner didn't do the same. I am sure everyone did. Again...I had read last years complaints prior to this year's contest even being announced. Yes..I'm a newbie! But not a newbie to good art. I love KidRobot products and artists. However....this comment by crunkaintdead speaks volumes. I too submitted early....May 25th in fact and am totally confused. My images mirror yours and pretty much everyone else and I checked and rechecked the wording of each item/situation on the list in fear that I was reading something wrong. Perhaps I am most let down by the execution of this contest and the utter confusion of the participants involved. And I also don't blame the winner...it could have been anyone in that position. The blame...if a word such as that needs to be used, is more with the construction and execution. Maybe what we can get out of these discussions is a better system for these types of endeavors and hope that the powers that be will read these posts not as criticism or "witch hunts" but more as valuable points raised by those that love good art and good fun.

Am I bummed I didn't win...of course. But I am truly not bummed for myself...but for the many other confused persons involved. Here we have a young boy competing with the likes of adults (and myself a Librarian whose job is searching and hunting) and this fellow submitted and got just as many points as the others. I'm totally confused.

I did have fun and when I submitted my images for judging I stated, "Thank you so much....this was probably one of the most fun activity/contests I have ever done!" I also am thankful for my friends, coworkers, and people in my community that helped. Man...I got the best friends EVER!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:42 am 

thank you Librarian... I appreciate the kind words and support

I am sorry you didn't win either. Hopefully next time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 am 

crunkaintdead wrote:
thank you Librarian... I appreciate the kind words and support

I am sorry you didn't win either. Hopefully next time!

KR wrote the rules but seem helpless to follow them, but I guess that is how it goes the ones that make the rules are the one that are allowed to break them.

Please keep posting to the petition...This injustice has happened too many times, KR's lack of morality is sickening.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next