forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:12 am 

theLibrarian wrote:
crunkaintdead wrote:
what a sham... the star trek cutout was not a cutout

BTW, how the hell did I not even make it into the runners up? I had 57 points!!!

EDIT: I had just as many points as the 3rd place winner, AND I submitted mine BEFORE her!

I think you and your images are absolutely a great symbol of people that worked hard, followed what they thought the rules stated, and produced honest, heartfelt, and thoughtful work. Of course, that is not to say that the winner didn't do the same. I am sure everyone did. Again...I had read last years complaints prior to this year's contest even being announced. Yes..I'm a newbie! But not a newbie to good art. I love KidRobot products and artists. However....this comment by crunkaintdead speaks volumes. I too submitted early....May 25th in fact and am totally confused. My images mirror yours and pretty much everyone else and I checked and rechecked the wording of each item/situation on the list in fear that I was reading something wrong. Perhaps I am most let down by the execution of this contest and the utter confusion of the participants involved. And I also don't blame the winner...it could have been anyone in that position. The blame...if a word such as that needs to be used, is more with the construction and execution. Maybe what we can get out of these discussions is a better system for these types of endeavors and hope that the powers that be will read these posts not as criticism or "witch hunts" but more as valuable points raised by those that love good art and good fun.

Am I bummed I didn't win...of course. But I am truly not bummed for myself...but for the many other confused persons involved. Here we have a young boy competing with the likes of adults (and myself a Librarian whose job is searching and hunting) and this fellow submitted and got just as many points as the others. I'm totally confused.

I did have fun and when I submitted my images for judging I stated, "Thank you so much....this was probably one of the most fun activity/contests I have ever done!" I also am thankful for my friends, coworkers, and people in my community that helped. Man...I got the best friends EVER!!

Wow-- perfectly put Librarian!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:25 am 

The Librarian is probubly the most well-spoken, thoughtful, kind, and realistic person on this board. Thanks! \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 pm 

THIS IS BS. I sent mine in before anyone I think. I didnt sleep for 2 days.

To: guru@kidrobot.com
Sent: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:29 am
Subject: Rollin' Stock Photo Hunt

Check my pics out at photobucket / kidrobothunt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 pm 

hyrerok wrote:
THIS IS BS. I sent mine in before anyone I think. I didnt sleep for 2 days.

To: guru@kidrobot.com
Sent: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:29 am
Subject: Rollin' Stock Photo Hunt

Check my pics out at photobucket / kidrobothunt

I think you might have missed a very important point
"The direct URL link to the page containing all the photos."
Your photos look legit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:58 am 

Well, I finally got an email back from somebody... Basically it said that my butcher picture was not taken with a butcher, but rather a deli clerk. This is extremely incorrect though, because here is the definition of butcher, taken from Princeton (I think they know their stuff):

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=butcher

It clearly states that a butcher is a "meatman (a retailer of meat)." This would mean that anyone who SELLS or prepares meat products is a butcher. Well, you can clearly see the "Boar's Head" logo EVERYWHERE.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30019108@N ... 903713629/

Why exactly was the winner not graded under such harsh rules? He had way more stuff incorrect, and it's gonna suck if I got boned because of some technicality that did not apply to the winners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 am 

crunkaintdead wrote:
Well, I finally got an email back from somebody... Basically it said that my butcher picture was not taken with a butcher, but rather a deli clerk. This is extremely incorrect though, because here is the definition of butcher, taken from Princeton (I think they know their stuff):

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=butcher

It clearly states that a butcher is a "meatman (a retailer of meat)." This would mean that anyone who SELLS or prepares meat products is a butcher. Well, you can clearly see the "Boar's Head" logo EVERYWHERE.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30019108@N ... 903713629/

Why exactly was the winner not graded under such harsh rules? He had way more stuff incorrect, and it's gonna suck if I got boned because of some technicality that did not apply to the winners.

I believe the winners butcher picture was also taken at a Deli too, oh well.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:08 am 

dork77 wrote:
I believe the winners butcher picture was also taken at a Deli too, oh well.

I wish I could just say "oh well" also... I just worked too damn hard and made sure everything was perfect, and I don't deserve to get scammed out of my prize because of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:05 am 

yay chris as a runner up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:46 am 

Sounds like a difficult contest!

Good deals with meatloaf, doobs01, d0m0kun, biffpow, litefusegetaway, M00DSWING7, stereopanda, Graf-Toyz, upso, snooker, terithegreat, eckotyper, Manga Spawn, Mendez, quietwhisper, Quentdiggy, bubblegumking, protect&destroy, wyldaxe, roguerebel

Good trades with dunnydummy, snooker, mfmunny, yup

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2