forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:53 am 

theLibrarian wrote:
"A handmade gingerbread house with a Rollin Stock mini figure at the front door." I guess I failed to realize that graham crackers had the same ingredient makeup of gingerbread (this is sassy voice). Ok so let's continue....number 26 states oh so clearly..."A fish in a fish tank"....not a bowl my fellow friends like our lucky "winner" had! And finally, the piece de resistance, I am sure that the artist Meatloaf will agree that his cassette "Bat out of Hell" was quite different than "the Very Best of Meat Loaf."

Lib.

Ok 1 OLD school gingerbread houses were made of Graham crackers. That is legit...
fish in a tank/bowl questionable yes.. but still it is passable

The bonus for bat out of hell?? TOTAL BS
and CHARACTER/TITLE AGAIN BS.

LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:00 am 

TheJacen wrote:
theLibrarian wrote:
"A handmade gingerbread house with a Rollin Stock mini figure at the front door." I guess I failed to realize that graham crackers had the same ingredient makeup of gingerbread (this is sassy voice). Ok so let's continue....number 26 states oh so clearly..."A fish in a fish tank"....not a bowl my fellow friends like our lucky "winner" had! And finally, the piece de resistance, I am sure that the artist Meatloaf will agree that his cassette "Bat out of Hell" was quite different than "the Very Best of Meat Loaf."

Lib.

Ok 1 OLD school gingerbread houses were made of Graham crackers. That is legit...

LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN.

Yeah dude..........BOYCOTT

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:09 am 

TheJacen wrote:
theLibrarian wrote:

Lib.

LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN.

Yes...I agree....a Gingerbread House is Old Skool. So Old Skool in fact that ginger dates back to the 11th century! Fun Fact for yeah! But I do believe in the popular argument of these threads...the rules were clearly stated. It appears that many people on these boards went the extra mile and purchased Meatloaf cassettes from as far as Malaysia! WOW! Purely on the fact of what the rules stated. If the rules stated "a Meatloaf cassette" or "a faux gingerbread house" then great...but sadly the "rule makers" failed in their attempt to either state words clearly or count points accurately. Words are power and apparently the words on the rules listing had none whatsoever.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:14 am 

theLibrarian wrote:
TheJacen wrote:
theLibrarian wrote:

Lib.

LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN.

Yes...I agree....a Gingerbread House is Old Skool. So Old Skool in fact that ginger dates back to the 11th century! Fun Fact for yeah! But I do believe in the popular argument of these threads...the rules were clearly stated. It appears that many people on these boards went the extra mile and purchased Meatloaf cassettes from as far as Malaysia! WOW! Purely on the fact of what the rules stated. If the rules stated "a Meatloaf cassette" or "a faux gingerbread house" then great...but sadly the "rule makers" failed in their attempt to either state words clearly or count points accurately. Words are power and apparently the words on the rules listing had none whatsoever.

There were never any rules...........KR just pretended to have rules...so the FRAUD was easier to get away with, there words are POLITICIAN words....they have no meaning.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:19 am 

smiffrobot wrote:
theLibrarian wrote:
TheJacen wrote:
theLibrarian wrote:

Lib.

LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN.

There were never any rules...........KR just pretended to have rules...so the FRAUD was easier to get away with, there words are POLITICIAN words....they have no meaning.

"The rules are there ain't no rules. To the second bridge and back. First one to make it here wins."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:21 am 

theLibrarian wrote:
smiffrobot wrote:
theLibrarian wrote:
TheJacen wrote:
theLibrarian wrote:

Lib.

LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN.

"The rules are there ain't no rules. To the second bridge and back. First one to make it here wins."

Go Grease Lightning.............GO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:25 am 

I call shenanigans! Total shenanigans.

The last time I was in kidrobot-- my friends and I overheard employees talking about how they should do the contest because they have "access" to all of the right toys. Aren't most corporate contests closed to employees? Yes, I said it... CORPORATE. Don't put on a contest that has the appearance of being organized and a facade of being "just for fun"-- when really it is greed driven. I guess kidrobot got what they wanted and when it was all over, the participants that trusted the company to be fair, were kicked to curb to complete a proverbial "walk of shame" back to their dorm room. You call this "fun"? The posts by the "guru" continue to be a perfect example of shameful apathy exhibited by those who have "power".

WEAK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 am 

Just the fact that Jon (The winner) would attempt to pass off a "Bat out of Hell" tape as a "Very Best of Meatloaf" tape screams shadey to me and thus would make all of his entries suspect... rightfully so as a lot of them are not worthy in my opion too.

Yes, the point of the contest was to have fun (and lest we forget, to sell KR toys), but playing a game where the refs don't call fouls on the other team is no fun no matter how you look at it.

What would be interesting is if we start a new thread and everyone who completed the contest post their flickr link and we independently judged the scores just for kicks. That would be fun...

If someone starts it, I'll post mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:44 am 

Dariusjulian wrote:
Just the fact that Jon (The winner) would attempt to pass off a "Bat out of Hell" tape as a "Very Best of Meatloaf" tape screams shadey to me and thus would make all of his entries suspect... rightfully so as a lot of them are not worthy in my opion too.

Yes, the point of the contest was to have fun (and lest we forget, to sell KR toys), but playing a game where the refs don't call fouls on the other team is no fun no matter how you look at it.

What would be interesting is if we start a new thread and everyone who completed the contest post their flickr link and we independently judged the scores just for kicks. That would be fun...

Unfortunately, I think that's a bad idea because you need someone to regulate. If not, everyone is just going to get their friends to vote for them, or create a bunch of new accounts, etc. It'll be even messier than now haha.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:27 am 

I think somewhere it said something like "open to interpretation" at least it did in another scavenger hunt. My roommate has a pet fish and he lives in a fish bowl so tank/bowl I don't see a problem with that. Had I taken the time to build the gingerbread house I would of used gram crackers as well. They had a Meatloaf cassette so that's gotta be worth something.

Honestly, this was supposed to be fun. If you did it only to get the KR money then you did it for the wrong reasons. All you people getting butt-hurt over this are being childish. KidRobot ran the hunt so it should be too their discretion to decide the winner.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:30 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
I think somewhere it said something like "open to interpretation" at least it did in another scavenger hunt. My roommate has a pet fish and he lives in a fish bowl so tank/bowl I don't see a problem with that. Had I taken the time to build the gingerbread house I would of used gram crackers as well. They had a Meatloaf cassette so that's gotta be worth something.

Honestly, this was supposed to be fun. If you did it only to get the KR money then you did it for the wrong reasons. All you people getting butt-hurt over this are being childish. KidRobot ran the hunt so it should be too their discretion to decide the winner.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:36 am 

This is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen. KR doesn't have to do this for us. They don't have to do ANYTHING for us. But they do things like this and the Tuesday Contests and then people b*tch and complain and :gettingdeep: all over Guru. They do these things so everyone can have fun! The personal attacks on Guru are lame to the Nth degree. Just because he's the "face" of KR on the boards does not give you all the right to :gettingdeep: on him. He's not the ONLY judge, if he even had a say at all. You're just shooting the messenger. If you were a real member of this community ((like dork77)) you wouldn't be :gettingdeep: ing on Guru because you'd realize all the ridiculous stuff he does for us and deal with from us on a daily basis. I bet Guru is soooo tired of people PMing him about blind box defects, shipping errors, and the like.

Guru, I hope you don't take this flaming. Just rep them!

Most of you only joined the KR board to complain about this contest, which is even more ridiculous! Aren't you adults more mature than to come on a TOY BOARD complaining that you LOST at a GAME? I swear, my 3 year old nephew doesn't cry nearly as much when he gets beat at CandyLand than you adults are crying about not winning!

It's a GAME! If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen! The whining is insane.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:00 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
This is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen. KR doesn't have to do this for us. They don't have to do ANYTHING for us. But they do things like this and the Tuesday Contests and then people b*tch and complain and :gettingdeep: all over Guru. They do these things so everyone can have fun! The personal attacks on Guru are lame to the Nth degree. Just because he's the "face" of KR on the boards does not give you all the right to :gettingdeep: on him. He's not the ONLY judge, if he even had a say at all. You're just shooting the messenger. If you were a real member of this community ((like dork77)) you wouldn't be :gettingdeep: ing on Guru because you'd realize all the ridiculous stuff he does for us and deal with from us on a daily basis. I bet Guru is soooo tired of people PMing him about blind box defects, shipping errors, and the like.

Most of you only joined the KR board to complain about this contest, which is even more ridiculous! Aren't you adults more mature than to come on a TOY BOARD complaining that you LOST at a GAME? I swear, my 3 year old nephew doesn't cry nearly as much when he gets beat at CandyLand than you adults are crying about not winning!

It's a GAME! If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen! The whining is insane.

I can understand your opinion from someone outside looking in, that all this seems somewhat ridiculous. But for the people that spent time and money on this contest basically we just needed clarification on how this contest was judged. Cause it is a contest and people do want to win.

Baroness finally explained how it was scored and I'm satisfied with her explanation. I'm moving on!

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:09 am 

rottierook wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:

"from the outside?" How do you know whether or not I played? I'm just not :gettingdeep: ing on Guru about it.

I can understand your opinion from someone outside looking in, that all this seems somewhat ridiculous. But for the people that spent time and money on this contest basically we just needed clarification on how this contest was judged. Cause it is a contest and people do want to win.

Baroness finally explained how it was scored and I'm satisfied with her explanation. I'm moving on!

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:20 am 

Okay I don't know if you played or not, did you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:37 am 

I did not enter this however I have been following this contest closely. These threads are very interesting and perhaps even more interesting is how this simple, seemingly fun yet competitive contest was ran so poorly. In addition...I urge everyone to do a little research into these people that are posting the "stop your whining" rebuttals in defense of the system. A little research and many will find that some of these people in the forums that are running to the defense are in fact freelance employees of KR. Interesting that it is easy to defend the man when you are sucking the teat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:37 am 

rottierook wrote:

What does it matter? Has nothing to do with the fact that I don't think Guru should be taking all this flack, PERIOD.

He does everything he can to help us out year round.
KR didn't have to do this for us.
The whining is a little over the top, as is the witch hunt.

marymc'g' wrote:
A little research and many will find that some of these people in the forums that are running to the defense are in fact freelance employees of KR. Interesting that it is easy to defend the man when you are sucking the teat.

Who's working for KR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:44 am 

marymc'g' wrote:
I did not enter this however I have been following this contest closely. These threads are very interesting and perhaps even more interesting is how this simple, seemingly fun yet competitive contest was ran so poorly. In addition...I urge everyone to do a little research into these people that are posting the "stop your whining" rebuttals in defense of the system. A little research and many will find that some of these people in the forums that are running to the defense are in fact freelance employees of KR. Interesting that it is easy to defend the man when you are sucking the teat.

I do not work for KR, but I think that we should be thankful that KR even offers these opportunities to their consumers/fans. I participated in the contest and regardless if I won or not, I did learn and even do things that I normally wouldn't have done on my own. The prize was a great incentive but it also got us out to try new things, well at least some of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:46 am 

Dariusjulian wrote:

Look, people, please, I wasnt trying anything shady. I included a picture of another meatloaf cassette just in case (the whole interpretation rule). If you refer to the breakdown by The Baroness, you will see that it didnt count.

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=138961

Please, everyone, refer to the above thread and please stop making me feel guilty about this. I did my best, I had fun, and according to the judges, I won. I appreciated the opportunity, it was load of hilarity and fun, and I will do it again.

And to those arguing about the "those who", even with the "those who", I would have still got the point.

Seriously guys, this is a great community until everyone starts attacking everyone else. Its hard coming here already because of all the negativity, but now that I feel attacked, Im not sure how much more of it I can take.

I hope you all do fabulously on the next one, and congrats to the other winners!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:49 am 

When I mentioned "those who" prior, I was not specifically referring to you, Jon, I was referring to how it was grammatically stated and how it can be misinterpreted by everyone doing the scavenger hunt. If it was plural, not only would you have gotten the point, but I'm sure many other people; thus, in the end, you may not have won. I am in no way blaming you. You're a contestant and you participated, but I would hope that after last years whole reign of complaints, kidrobot may have been able to perfect this one lol.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:52 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
rottierook wrote:

What does it matter? Has nothing to do with the fact that I don't think Guru should be taking all this flack, PERIOD.

He does everything he can to help us out year round.
KR didn't have to do this for us.
The whining is a little over the top, as is the witch hunt.

You give your 2 cents about people being upset about the contest yet you can't say if you joined the contest. lol

Regardless it's over and done with congrats to Jon and the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:53 am 

man, reading this gets me all riled up all over again

last year I felt like I got clearly screwed, followed the rules to the letter, then lost to some folks who didn't have a complete list. sorry guys, I know it sucks :goodman:

and KR kept giving me that line that 'the winners have already been announced' for months, and never addressed the issue of the complete list, so I think you are being put off and there will not be a clarifying beam of light to sort things out

yes, someone should do some research into who this 'jon' winner is. I don't think he would be an employee, but boyfriend/girlfriend of someone who makes the desicsions? :-k

all this could be easily solved if KR were simply upfront and open about the whole process, but the way they handle things make it seem even more suspect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:56 am 

Seriously, all you whinny b!tches need to shut the F up. It seems a lot of people just joined the boards recently to do the hunt. The thing is over and done with and I don't think Baroness or Guru own anybody anything. I started to do this hunt and did take a lot of pictures and it was fun. I didn't submit them because I didn't get even half of the list and didn't really care about the prize. Now you little kids are making the winner feel bad for wining. That the BS in this whole thing. If KR changes the winners I'm gonna be more upset then you guys are now.

No soup for you!!

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 am 

Are you really 20? haha.

The heck you deleted your post Jon! HAHA.

Great Transactions:

Last edited by dork77 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
Seriously, all you whinny b!tches need to shut the F up. It seems a lot of people just joined the boards recently to do the hunt. The thing is over and done with and I don't think Baroness or Guru own anybody anything. I started to do this hunt and did take a lot of pictures and it was fun. I didn't submit them because I didn't get even half of the list and didn't really care about the prize. Now you little kids are making the winner feel bad for wining. That the BS in this whole thing. If KR changes the winners I'm gonna be more upset then you guys are now.

No soup for you!!

dude, who is being a bigger whiny b!tch? someone who feels like they got screwed and wants an explanation? or someone who b!tches at people for doing what they should?

get a life, take your own advice, and shut the f up :rock:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next