forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:06 am 

Just say'n...........RECOUNT

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Post subject: Ok for arguments sake...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:10 am 

This is quite interesting. I wonder just how the guru is totaling participant's points. Lets take a look shall we....I have consulted many of my fellow scholars (academic professors and librarians) this morning to take a quick peek into some easy mathematics and here are the results......(FYI....I have at my disposal right now as we speak....scholars of photography, math, and research)!! So rest assured my fellow hunters...the utmost care was taken into these calculations.

So....carrying on...our "winner" seems to have failed to use a flash for number 6(What's underneath your bed must use a flash). Also...the words "you next to cardboard cutout of a character from Star Trek" surely would mean...wait what is that scholar of english...yes that would definitely mean a person or some type of creature. Ok...moving on....last I checked..."public buildings" meant city halls, recreation centers, public libraries (no the hunting ton library in Pasadena would not count my fellow hunters, it is private). So with that said...our "winner" and the guru failed to realize that a Union Bank is a privately funded building. Oops!! Guess he also missed number 21. And of course there is the oh so painstaking number 25. "A handmade gingerbread house with a Rollin Stock mini figure at the front door." I guess I failed to realize that graham crackers had the same ingredient makeup of gingerbread (this is sassy voice). Ok so let's continue....number 26 states oh so clearly..."A fish in a fish tank"....not a bowl my fellow friends like our lucky "winner" had! And finally, the piece de resistance, I am sure that the artist Meatloaf will agree that his cassette "Bat out of Hell" was quite different than "the Very Best of Meat Loaf."

So in total....lets again consult my on site mathematician, our lucky winner scored a whopping 50 points!! Wow!! Silly me and my professional Librarian degree that UCLA so kindly bestowed upon me...but I could have sworn that in my research of locating other participants entries (you can't hide from a librarian my friends), many other entries totaled above 50.

So yes my friends...we can enjoy toys, we can even enjoy scavenger hunts...but simple math and english just was not this scavenger hunts forte.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:15 am 

I'd like to see a recount. I emailed guru let see if he responds.

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:21 am 

LOL wow you guys noticed a lot of things in those pics that I didn't.

When are the $50 winners gonna be announced!

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:36 am 

I agree... this needs to be recounted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:40 am 

crunkaintdead wrote:
I agree... this needs to be recounted

I would like to know who counted the contest?, who makes the decisions on the contest?, who do we talk to for some answers? what my points were in the contest and a complete run down of everyones score...if I can't get these answered then this is FRAUD..................FRAUD.................but I guess that is the american way right KR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 am 

Oh man, let the conspiracy theories rain down on me. According to the librarian, i cannot count, or read, or write. Im stoked. And in the end, it also is all about having fun... right? maybe im wrong.

Post subject: Democracy not at work!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 am 

After discussing this sad tale of woe with my fellow scholars, this is the best quote that someone provided:

"I feel like Bush just won!"

Yes my friends...I think he did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 am 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Oh man, let the conspiracy theories rain down on me. According to the librarian, i cannot count, or read, or write. Im stoked. And in the end, it also is all about having fun... right? maybe im wrong.

Yeah it's about fun and being fair, I spent a lot of time on this hunt and to find out that somebody one that didn't deserve too that sucks...theLibrarian said it best "I feel like Bush just won....a third term.

Guru is it really that hard?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:03 am 

Hahah. Whoa, deep. Its a scavenger hunt contest folks, its suppose to be fun. We cannot please everyone... and everyone cannot win. These are meant to give you a, "chance," to win awesome stuff, and there are more contest to come.

Wait, Bush won?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 am 

smiffrobot wrote:

Yeah it's about fun and being fair, I spent a lot of time on this hunt and to find out that somebody one that didn't deserve too that sucks...theLibrarian said it best "I feel like Bush just won....a third term.

Guru is it really that hard?

bingo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 am 

Guru, on the contrary, it was fun, but to be fairly honest, some of the items brought up by thelibrarian made a lot of sense.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 am 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Hahah. Whoa, deep. Its a scavenger hunt contest folks, its suppose to be fun. We cannot please everyone... and everyone cannot win. These are meant to give you a, "chance," to win awesome stuff, and there are more contest to come.

Wait, Bush won?

Wow you obviously don't get it....so how are you and Jon B going to spend ur KR money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:06 am 

You think this person didn't deserve it, but someone else did... I completely understand every single angle of this situation. Bottom line is you can't please everyone. And if it was entirely up to me to choose the winner, then i would discuss more. But the winners have been chosen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 am 

This is 100% unfair...

It is clear that he was chosen simply because his pictures had artistic style to them and not for the content of his pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 am 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
You think this person didn't deserve it, but someone else did... I completely understand every single angle of this situation. Bottom line is you can't please everyone. And if it was entirely up to me to choose the winner, then i would discuss more. But the winners have been chosen...

That answer isn't good enough for me..it is the bureaucratic one at best. Jon B did not deserve to win, I can't believe you can condone this FRAUD. Who else is there to talk too?

I have a idea for you since you can't think for yourself. Next time there is a contest, announce the contest, then 2 minutes later announce the winners. Sound good.

Last edited by smiffrobot on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:12 am 

smiffrobot wrote:
That answer isn't good enough for me..it is the bureaucratic one at best. Jon B did not deserve to win, I can't believe you can condone this FRAUD. Who else is there to talk too?

that's the problem... no one even knows who the judge is that judged all the pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:12 am 

We all understand that you can't please everyone. And if the photos shown completed everything on the photo scavenger hunt then I don't think you would receive as many complaints about the judging of this contest. I think that's our main concern with this contest and how the winner was chosen.

To me it seems like you guys chose the first person that did 55 things and turned it in first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:16 am 

I didn't feel there was any artistic touches to those pics.

Folks, i know you're all upset. You can PM me all your hate mail.
But just so you know, i didn't have the last say in this...

This will go on forever... Again apologies, but the winners were already chosen.

You're seriously attacking me personally, saying i cannot think for myself. Ahh, i love this. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:19 am 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:

This will go on forever... Again apologies, but the winners were already chosen.

then give us someone we can talk to who DID have a final say in it...

Many others, myself included, made sure to get everything on the list correct so that we wouldn't lose points. It is a fraud that someone who does multiple things incorrectly should be declared the winner, when many people actually completed the list

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:23 am 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:

You're seriously attacking me personally, saying i cannot think for myself. Ahh, i love this. Thanks.

You are suppose to be the GURU sir, so we have questions that need to be answered and you are not giving that luxury to us. You are suppose to be there for our SUPPORT. We support KR and go purchase these toys as customers, again WE ARE CUSTOMERS, we want answers. WHO ELSE DO WE TALK TO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:28 am 

Listen, just so you know, ive brought this up to my higher ups, just make you folks happy.

Hopefully i will hear something.... but maybe not. The Judges have already made their decision about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:30 am 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Listen, just so you know, ive brought this up to my higher ups, just make you folks happy.

Hopefully i will hear something.... but maybe not. The Judges have already made their decision about this.

KidroboWizard wrote:
The pictures were looked over by one person to ensure everyone was rated equally across the board. If we start answering questions, this will go on forever. The winners have been selected and contacted. Thank you to everyone who participated.

One judge doesn't seem right, I mean usually there are at least a panel of 3 to be fair to everyone. Now I see why you guys blundered this contest up.

Last edited by rottierook on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: WEAK!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:31 am 

This is so lame. Why would this contest be designed with such specific guidelines and rules if they were not going to be followed?? Honestly, this is totally disenchanting to me-- this takes ALL OF THE FUN OUT OF IT! RECOUNT! RECOUNT! RECOUNT!

Not very classy Kidrobot... not very classy at all. :expensive:

Post subject: Re: WEAK!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 am 

marymc'g' wrote:
This is so lame. Why would this contest be designed with such specific guidelines and rules if they were not going to be followed?? Honestly, this is totally disenchanting to me-- this takes ALL OF THE FUN OUT OF IT! RECOUNT! RECOUNT! RECOUNT!

Not very classy Kidrobot... not very classy at all. :expensive:

Yes exactly.........thanks new kid.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next