forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 am 

shizasta wrote:
man, reading this gets me all riled up all over again

last year I felt like I got clearly screwed, followed the rules to the letter, then lost to some folks who didn't have a complete list. sorry guys, I know it sucks :goodman:

and KR kept giving me that line that 'the winners have already been announced' for months, and never addressed the issue of the complete list, so I think you are being put off and there will not be a clarifying beam of light to sort things out

yes, someone should do some research into who this 'jon' winner is. I don't think he would be an employee, but boyfriend/girlfriend of someone who makes the desicsions? :-k

all this could be easily solved if KR were simply upfront and open about the whole process, but the way they handle things make it seem even more suspect

Dude, seriously, Im just a kid from San Diego. I know no one from Kidrobot. I did this all on my own accord. Please, stop calling me out on things I didnt do. You guys are making me regret doing this hunt in the first place, a hunt that I had a blast doing, devoted three whole days (and I mean from sun up to sundown) to complete and was super stoked to have participated in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 am 

Jon, we aren't mad at you man... congrats by the way

We're all just REALLY pissed over the judging

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 am 

Soft As Sin wrote:
shizasta wrote:

last year I felt like I got clearly screwed, followed the rules to the letter, then lost to some folks who didn't have a complete list. sorry guys, I know it sucks :goodman:

and KR kept giving me that line that 'the winners have already been announced' for months, and never addressed the issue of the complete list, so I think you are being put off and there will not be a clarifying beam of light to sort things out

yes, someone should do some research into who this 'jon' winner is. I don't think he would be an employee, but boyfriend/girlfriend of someone who makes the desicsions? :-k

all this could be easily solved if KR were simply upfront and open about the whole process, but the way they handle things make it seem even more suspect

Dude, seriously, Im just a kid from San Diego. I know no one from Kidrobot. I did this all on my own accord. Please, stop calling me out on things I didnt do. You guys are making me regret doing this hunt in the first place, a hunt that I had a blast doing, devoted three whole days (and I mean from sun up to sundown) to complete and was super stoked to have participated in.

okay, you are the winner AND the biggest whiny b!tch?! 3 days?!?! you feel guilty?!

sounds like it might be your conscience talking. if you'd won clear you could laugh at all this madness [-(

if you regret this so much, you should hand over your winnings to someone who deserves it . . . just to make things right

Last edited by shizasta on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
Seriously, all you whinny b!tches need to shut the F up. It seems a lot of people just joined the boards recently to do the hunt. The thing is over and done with and I don't think Baroness or Guru own anybody anything. I started to do this hunt and did take a lot of pictures and it was fun. I didn't submit them because I didn't get even half of the list and didn't really care about the prize. Now you little kids are making the winner feel bad for wining. That the BS in this whole thing. If KR changes the winners I'm gonna be more upset then you guys are now.

No soup for you!!

AWWW too bad for the winner he can feel bad and cry all the way to KR with his $1,500 gift certificate. LOL

I whine because I can, and I honestly feel that the 2nd place winner got screwed in my opinion. Cause a couple of the pics where really questionable.

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:06 am 

rottierook wrote:
rustedhalo wrote:
Seriously, all you whinny b!tches need to shut the F up. It seems a lot of people just joined the boards recently to do the hunt. The thing is over and done with and I don't think Baroness or Guru own anybody anything. I started to do this hunt and did take a lot of pictures and it was fun. I didn't submit them because I didn't get even half of the list and didn't really care about the prize. Now you little kids are making the winner feel bad for wining. That the BS in this whole thing. If KR changes the winners I'm gonna be more upset then you guys are now.

No soup for you!!

AWWW too bad for the winner he can feel bad and cry all the way to KR with his $1,500 gift certificate. LOL

I whine because I can, and I honestly feel that the 2nd place winner got screwed in my opinion. Cause a couple of the pics where really questionable.

I agree on the 2nd place winner getting screwed! LOL just kidding. 2nd place winner is 1st place loser as I always say LOL.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:11 am 

shizasta wrote:
Soft As Sin wrote:
shizasta wrote:

okay, you are the winner AND the biggest whiny b!tch?! 3 days?!?! you feel guilty?!

sounds like it might be your conscience talking. if you'd won clear you could laugh at all this madness [-(

if you regret this so much, you should hand over your winnings to someone who deserves it . . . just to make things right

Wow, Im sorry guys. I would think it normal to be defensive when someone is calling you out on cheating, inferring that I did something wrong when I didnt, and then calling me a whiny b!tch. Look, honestly, Im not trying to garner sympathy or anything, I just see my name being tarnished, and Im trying to clear it up. Wouldnt that be the normal thing to do? I have nothing to regret other than posting on these boards after the winners were released when clearly I shouldnt have. Im totally appreciative of the winnings, its just hard to "laugh at all this madness" when your real name, associated with photos of yourself, is being ridiculed on a message board that has clearly had a history of harassing people after the fact.

EDIT: Well, after thinking a bit, you're right about shrugging it off. I shouldnt have to deal with the crap, buy what can I do? Ive said what I needed to say, and hopefully most will see that and be fine with it, and the others that arent, I shouldnt worry about. Im sorry for "whining" earlier, and I wont be posting any longer in this topic space, as per your recommendation of laughing off and being on my way.

Last edited by Soft As Sin on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:18 am 

Soft As Sin wrote:
Wow, Im sorry guys. I would think it normal to be defensive when someone is calling you out on cheating, inferring that I did something wrong when I didnt, and then calling me a whiny b!tch. Look, honestly, Im not trying to garner sympathy or anything, I just see my name being tarnished, and Im trying to clear it up. Wouldnt that be the normal thing to do? I have nothing to regret other than posting on these boards after the winners were released when clearly I shouldnt have. Im totally appreciative of the winnings, its just hard to "laugh at all this madness" when your real name, associated with photos of yourself, is being ridiculed on a message board that has clearly had a history of harassing people after the fact.

Dude you did nothing wrong, you played the game like everyone else. I was a little ticked at some of the pics you took cause I had shots like that, but decided to go with others cause I read the instructions on the scavenger hunt literally. That was my fault.
You had nothing to do with the judging so if I where you I'd be happy as ish right now!

Congrats.

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:21 am 

rottierook wrote:
Dude you did nothing wrong, you played the game like everyone else. I was a little ticked at some of the pics you took cause I had shots like that, but decided to go with others cause I read the instructions on the scavenger hunt literally. That was my fault.
You had nothing to do with the judging so if I where you I'd be happy as ish right now!

Congrats.

+1. Congrats to the winner. Don't feel bad. And don't stop showing your face. This will all blow over, just like that stupid caption contest ((remember that??)).

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:31 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
rottierook wrote:

Congrats.

+1. Congrats to the winner. Don't feel bad. And don't stop showing your face. This will all blow over, just like that stupid caption contest ((remember that??)).

You are comparing a caption contest with a scavenger hunt....man o man. Everyone here is a Genius.

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:40 am 

shizasta wrote:
rustedhalo wrote:

No soup for you!!

dude, who is being a bigger whiny b!tch? someone who feels like they got screwed and wants an explanation? or someone who b!tches at people for doing what they should?

get a life, take your own advice, and shut the f up :rock:

no no no f&ck you...seriously I'm done with this but you're the perfect example for the decline of these message boards.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:15 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
shizasta wrote:
rustedhalo wrote:

No soup for you!!

dude, who is being a bigger whiny b!tch? someone who feels like they got screwed and wants an explanation? or someone who b!tches at people for doing what they should?

no no no f&ck you...seriously I'm done with this but you're the perfect example for the decline of these message boards.

wow, nothing to say but still something to whine about :lol:

and if I'm part of the decline, we'll meet you at the bottom

soft as sin, jon, if you won this fair, much congratulations. this will all blow over . . . until next years scavenger hunt :axe:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 am 

shizasta wrote:
rustedhalo wrote:
shizasta wrote:
rustedhalo wrote:

No soup for you!!

wow, nothing to say but still something to whine about :lol:

and if I'm part of the decline, we'll meet you at the bottom

soft as sin, jon, if you won this fair, much congratulations. this will all blow over . . . until next years scavenger hunt :axe:

(I know I said I wouldnt post, but):

I did, and thank you.
I'll see you there, Im sure. ;) It was loads of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:13 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:

oh yea! the whole fart joke thing lol that was when i was first getting into kidrobot and spending more time on the forums...people were losing their minds over that

to the winners: don't let anyone take away from the great news u received today!

Post subject: my two cents
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 am 

pretty sure no one cares about my opinion on this, but here goes. .

Of course i would have wanted my 7 yr. old kid to win SOMETHING, he worked incredibly hard to get just the right shots. i helped with the baking, but he really put all the effort into this event. he MEMORIZED a script for his little commercial, and thinking we might not be able to get to a zoo, he hung his toy monkeys in a neighbors tree and made a sign that said ZOO. it was a total hoot, and my favorite shot of the bunch. (we ended up at a real zoo later, but the photo is not nearly as good) he is the one that told me a tomato is a fruit, and that one of the winners had a jelly bean toy that wasn't a Dunny. (he also found a typo in the rules) smart kid. that being said....

This is KR's game. They own it. they thought of it, they fund it. When all of the people who are unhappy want to cough up 1000's of dollars in free toys, then they can make and follow their own set of rules. I don't know of too many other companies in this economy that are giving away free anything, and so many people are whining about it. we had a blast, it was one of the most fun things we have done with family and friends. i would do it again in a heartbeat, prizes or no prizes. Can't wait for the next one! I hope KR is not so pissed off at all the ingrates that they stop doing all the fun stuff they do. you have a choice if you want to participate or not. it's still a free country (for a little while anyway)

CONGRATS to the winners, you will all have the last laugh when you open all those BB's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:07 am 

Well my two cents if anyone cares anymore. Jon, congrats. Don't hate the player, hate the game right. One last criticism of your pics Jon that has yet to be brought up: Your Meatloaf CD pic.. Its obvious, ITS NOT TAKEN IN A RECORD STORE. You shoudln't have gotten that point.
..but I ain't mad at ya. Congrats.

I simply believe this contest was poorly run and poorly judged. They shouldn't have let something as sensitive as this be judged by one person. Especially by someone who didn't write the rules (its obvious he didn't)... That seems to be the blunder that started it all.

I do want to say thanks to Baroness for posting the recount. I like how the top three stayed the same through "interpretation". Which, I can't blame her for. Thats just how it goes. But hey, I won something. That and another $8 for shipping and I can get a t-shirt.

I think everyone should thank KR regardless as the contest was meant with good intentions.

Last mention to the lucky winner and don't take this the wrong way as it wasn't meant to be.

3 whole days.... HA! Kiss my arse!

EDIT: I do have to admit it was painstakingly fun and that the good times definitely outshine the disappointment. Those happened to be some pretty decent memories.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3