forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:57 am 

The Stranger wrote:
It was all fun and games until I was perusing Amazon.com looking for the Meatloaf cassette. Wow, three of them but they are all $70+, too bad.
I told my buddy and he went there later in the week and all three were sold. Some people took this a little too serious for my taste.
I had fun, but when I see how serious some good folks are, I'm intimidated and embarrassed. Won't be doing it again.

I remember that! I was amazed that all 3 were sold too lol.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:52 am 

Yeah, I didn't do this either mainly because some things just weren't possible. Like the mascot. I'm not in high school.

Also, when you have to spend more money than you're likely to win, it's not a good sign.

Hope some of the boardies win big![/i]

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:36 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:
Yeah, I didn't do this either mainly because some things just weren't possible. Like the mascot. I'm not in high school.

Also, when you have to spend more money than you're likely to win, it's not a good sign.

For the mascot, a lot of people seemed to have just gone to a school, and taken a pic with the mascot statue or something.

Everybody spent so much last year, I swear! HAHA. Stupid wacky wallwalker haha.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:43 am 

dork77 wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:

For the mascot, a lot of people seemed to have just gone to a school, and taken a pic with the mascot statue or something.

I did the DOMA Acid Sweetie scavenger hunt.... and I've been traumatized to never do a scavenger hunt for Kidrobot ever again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am 

featusfryer wrote:
dork77 wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:

I did the DOMA Acid Sweetie scavenger hunt.... and I've been traumatized to never do a scavenger hunt for Kidrobot ever again...

LOL. I heard that one, you had to find Paul's car, and well.. that was only located in LA haha.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:48 am 

trustinSTARS wrote:

At first I thought mascot has to be someone in a suit kind of thing. But if you look at the dictionary definition:

Quote:
A person, animal, or object believed to bring good luck, especially one kept as the symbol of an organization such as a sports team.

So statues and murals are legit. This hunt has been educational.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 am 

Technically, when you think of mascot, you think of the whole.. person in a suit thing. And if you go by dictionary, public space does not include laker games, california adventures, etc.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 pm 

dork77 wrote:
Technically, when you think of mascot, you think of the whole.. person in a suit thing. And if you go by dictionary, public space does not include laker games, california adventures, etc.

It seems that everyone of course is concerned, as is I, as to how strict the judging will be. So, for example, yes a mascot would be a person in a suit/costume but also perhaps an image of the mascot painted on the side of a building or a statue would certainly work just as good. However...having worked closely with city planners I can say that according to city governments, a public space in a city or county owned district is defined by any space where all citizens can go regardless of age, gender, race...etc and do NOT have to pay a fee/fine...so a laker game, concert or adventure/theme park would not count. However, the outside of the buildings would, i.e. outside the Staples Center, the outside space between Disneyland or California Adventure, or outside of the Greek Theater in Griffith Park. In addition, open air malls are considered public spaces since after the stores close, persons are still allowed to walk on through.

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 pm 

the suspense is killing me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm 

Dariusjulian wrote:

heh, me too. i keep checking every hour to see if they're made an announcement yet. good luck to all!

Post subject: can't wait!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:49 pm 

i have no clue what time they post winners, as this is my first "hunt." Anyone have any ideas on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:52 pm 

I think Gambit won.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:56 pm 

I think Gambit won too. The infomercial was amazing

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 pm 

Dariusjulian wrote:

I call B.S. I want to see pictures, this is very disappointing.

Winners annouced, anyone on the boards who won?

http://www.kidrobot.com/content.cfm?sec ... enger_hunt

Last edited by smiffrobot on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:10 pm 

Did anyone notice the rule about the photo BEING UPLOADED in ORDER.

I took it to mean, UPLOADED not just arranged into a folder....

Post subject: order
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:13 pm 

i loaded ours in order, but that made it look backwards. getting really picky, but all those people with tomato plants, tomatoes, squash - are technically all fruit. (they have seeds) wonder if that was done intentionally or not.

[ Added: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 pm ]
where are the winners announced?

Post subject: Re: order
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:18 pm 

pennyplum wrote:
i loaded ours in order, but that made it look backwards. getting really picky, but all those people with tomato plants, tomatoes, squash - are technically all fruit. (they have seeds) wonder if that was done intentionally or not.

[ Added: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 pm ]
where are the winners announced?

good point, I knew about tomatoes but know i can NOT think of any vegetable that doesn't have a seed. Lettuce has seeds too, you know!

EDIT: OH OH Asparagus, maybe, but... where do the seed come from then??? UGH. Seriously if I don't at least place I am going to start a Boycott of KIDrobot Toys, hey then maybe they will lower their price of the 8" dunnies ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 am 

Deeeeuude... I am a bit disappointed. I don't think anyone on these boards won as far as I can tell.
As far as proof, I figured the obvious thing to do would be Kidrobot posting the winner's flickr page under their names with the winning shots. Maybe it wasn't that obvious...

I also noticed there was no point tally like last year... so we can't even compare.
Well, I guess we can only wait.

-Darius Julian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:28 am 

I'm kind of bummed I didn't win especially cause of the time and effort I put into the contest.

I think it would be nice if they would post the albums of the people that won, I'd like to see there pics.

Congrats to the winners!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:30 am 

They announced it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/compositiv ... 194419532/

Congrats to the winner.

Definitely scored high on the bonus points.
Couple of questionable items:
1) shouldn't it be "The Best of Meatloaf" album and not any Meatloaf album
2) Star Trek cut-out figure

I didn't even enter this contest, but I bet there'll be disputes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:33 am 

the_k1d wrote:
They announced it here:

Congrats to the winner.

When I looked at his pics, I agree on both those points, but ehhh, we're not the judge, kidrobot is.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:33 am 

the_k1d wrote:
They announced it here:

Congrats to the winner.

I totally agree, cardboard cut out of character. This contest is rigged. Man that is messed up so what about the people that followed the rules to the T. rules are rules.

Last edited by smiffrobot on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 am 

the_k1d wrote:

Congrats to the winner.

I agree, the words "star trek" are NOT a character... plus, his public place pic was taken at a PRIVATE sporting event

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 am 

the_k1d wrote:

Congrats to the winner.

Agreed, i'm already questioning a couple of the photos. I'd like to see how these people or how everyone was scored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:43 am 

crunkaintdead wrote:
the_k1d wrote:

Congrats to the winner.

I agree, the words "star trek" are NOT a character... plus, his public place pic was taken at a PRIVATE sporting event

Fish tank not a bowl!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next