forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: So who won?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 am 

Seems awfully quiet this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:23 am 

The rules say they would announce the winners on June 18th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 am 

It is really quiet! Even from contestants. So far, it doesn't seem like many people even participated so everyone will win at least $50.

This year was a photo hunt and inexpensive and like no one played. Last year I spent sooooo much money and had to send everything in and it seemed like a ton of people played.. weird haha.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:23 pm 

dork77 wrote:
It is really quiet! Even from contestants. So far, it doesn't seem like many people even participated so everyone will win at least $50.

This year was a photo hunt and inexpensive and like no one played. Last year I spent sooooo much money and had to send everything in and it seemed like a ton of people played.. weird haha.

It's oh so quiet.....shhh.......shhh.....It's oh so quiet......shhhh........shhhh.

I'm a contestant get me outta here....

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:02 pm 

smiffrobot wrote:
dork77 wrote:

It's oh so quiet.....shhh.......shhh.....It's oh so quiet......shhhh........shhhh.

I'm a contestant get me outta here....

You are.. so annoying LOL.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm 

Bjork FTW

Yeah, I started doing this but honestly taking the time to go out and shoot the pics let alone the buying the items needed for them seemed to take more time then the just finding random objects I had in my garage or getting them from friends, as the other one did.

The other one was more like find some weird random junk and send it in. This one was more going out, taking time out of your day and trying to take pictures and the pictures were not that easy either. I couldn't find power lines, a real rabbit, get bugs to land on a figure, I don't know anybody who owns an Apple iPhone. Also didn't have the time to make a ginger bread house or cake. Even though I work in Sun City where most of my customers are old people I couldn't get anybody to play Twister.

Honestly this one seems to be geared more towards kids where as the other one was taking things from our childhood from 20 years ago. Kids have more time to go and take these pics and can use family members and friends at school. So for me it was a lot harder then the last one.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:04 pm 

^ The last one was so hard for me. Who keeps things from 20 years ago! LOL. And your town doesn't have power lines? The heck.. where does your electricity and data come from? haha.

I wouldn't say this one was more geared towards kids. I think all scavenger hunts are more geared towards the unemployed haha.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:27 pm 

rustedhalo wrote:
Bjork FTW

Yeah, I started doing this but honestly taking the time to go out and shoot the pics let alone the buying the items needed for them seemed to take more time then the just finding random objects I had in my garage or getting them from friends, as the other one did.

The other one was more like find some weird random junk and send it in. This one was more going out, taking time out of your day and trying to take pictures and the pictures were not that easy either. I couldn't find power lines, a real rabbit, get bugs to land on a figure, I don't know anybody who owns an Apple iPhone. Also didn't have the time to make a ginger bread house or cake. Even though I work in Sun City where most of my customers are old people I couldn't get anybody to play Twister.

Honestly this one seems to be geared more towards kids where as the other one was taking things from our childhood from 20 years ago. Kids have more time to go and take these pics and can use family members and friends at school. So for me it was a lot harder then the last one.

Yes Rusted you win Rock & Roll Jeopardy, thanks for playing as for the contest/hunt I agree and think it was very time consuming geared toward stay at home moms, homeless peeps, and awkward high school kids, I would like to see the total number of hunters who participated I bet if you submitted one item you can still win something.

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:56 am 

rustedhalo wrote:
Bjork FTW

Man, I live in Toronto where every other person has an iPhone, and power lines every where.

I agree with the fact that more kids would actually be able to do this scavenger hunt, but in actual fact I've only seen one kid's submission. However, I only saw about 5 submissions in total. It has been pretty quiet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:03 am 

Haven't posted in a while, but my girl and I were psyched to take part in the scavenger hunt this year, but then when we realized how many figures we would have to purchase and/or permanently remove from our collection, it just wasn't worth it. I sorta resent the idea that you're obligated to download a wallpaper and buy certain figures. On one hand I get that it's supposed to be themed around toys and that a lot of folks probably had them laying around anyway, but I had no interest in those Rollin Stock figures, even if it gave me a shot at the prize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:12 am 

Social Study wrote:
Haven't posted in a while, but my girl and I were psyched to take part in the scavenger hunt this year, but then when we realized how many figures we would have to purchase and/or permanently remove from our collection, it just wasn't worth it. I sorta resent the idea that you're obligated to download a wallpaper and buy certain figures. On one hand I get that it's supposed to be themed around toys and that a lot of folks probably had them laying around anyway, but I had no interest in those Rollin Stock figures, even if it gave me a shot at the prize.

I don't think anyone was really happy about having to buy rollin' stock figures to TRY to find a dragon, but at least the dragon was 2/20 and not like.. a chase lol. And also, I believe that a lot of people have to at least have some common KR toys laying around that they post on the boards to try to sell at $3 bucks a piece haha.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:15 am 

I'm just saying that the idea of having to buy product at all in order to participate is sorta lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:22 am 

Social Study wrote:
I'm just saying that the idea of having to buy product at all in order to participate is sorta lame.

I personally think it adds to the whole scavenger hunt experience. If everything was so easily obtainable by everyone, there would be no fun or challenge. And there are ways to retrieve the toys after you've thrown them around a telephone cable. And in regards to the wallpaper, downloading the wallpaper is free and you can just delete it after!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:30 am 

Social Study wrote:

Well last year's hunt required us to buy Kiiro figures. I think every hunt from KR has required us to buy their toys haha.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:45 am 

dork77 wrote:
Social Study wrote:

Well last year's hunt required us to buy Kiiro figures. I think every hunt from KR has required us to buy their toys haha.

This is true both the Kiro and the Doma Acid Sweeties involved buying that brand of figures. For me the Acid Sweeties was more fun and I was buying the figures anyway. Not too many people that I know are collecting or care for the Rollin' Stock figures.

The power lines in my town are underground, I thought this was the way of the future. I'm sure I could of drove into town and found some but the point was that they were not easily accessible. I suppose I could of also just went to the Apple store and d/led the wallpaper.

The idea of a scavenger hunt is to find random objects. I thought some of these things like especially the spray paint, sticker on a stop sign and cop car were a little out there and bordering criminal. Although if you did the first 2 and got caught the 3rd one would be easy. Also the baking cakes and gingerbread houses was dumb. It would have been harder to find a gingerbread house this time of year.

I had fun doing the fuew that I did but I didn't bother entering the contest. I guess I should of just posted what I had anyway.

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:57 am 

dork77 wrote:
Social Study wrote:

yep. it was lame then too.

and do people really think this wasn't challenging enough? that doesn't seem like justification to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:18 am 

Yea Rusted, you should've totally entered. $50 is better than nothing for the amount of time getting the few that you did.

I think there are probably 20 particpants this year lol.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:21 am 

Social Study wrote:

Or you can just print it out on paper. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn2004 ... 649875430/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38801121@N06/3571531333/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:50 am 

i entered...not really expecting to win anything, but if i do then sweet!

I lucked out with getting the dragon rollin stock figure...bought a couple before hand in hopes of getting the owl and octopus, but after finding out i would need the dragon i was happy that i pulled it =]

the only thing i didn't like doing was the commercial...

idk how picky they r gonna b when judging...i saw one pic with a spider on a dunny, but a spider is an arachnid not an insect...things like that...a few of mine are iffy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:45 am 

pandabandit12 wrote:
i entered...not really expecting to win anything, but if i do then sweet!

I lucked out with getting the dragon rollin stock figure...bought a couple before hand in hopes of getting the owl and octopus, but after finding out i would need the dragon i was happy that i pulled it =]

the only thing i didn't like doing was the commercial...

idk how picky they r gonna b when judging...i saw one pic with a spider on a dunny, but a spider is an arachnid not an insect...things like that...a few of mine are iffy...

Yeah about the insects. And snails are molluscs LOL. You can technically classify anything without 6 legs not an insect. Someone had a milliped or something and that's like an Echinoderm or something.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:06 am 

well, I finished the hunt and I have to say it was very very time consuming and pretty expensive. Luckily I had a week vacation from work right when it started so I was able to do some of mine while on vacation in New York. Then I had to spend several hours everyday after work and tons of weekend time when I got back.
I will say it was a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone.

-Darius

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:25 am 

dork77 wrote:

I don't think anyone was really happy about having to buy rollin' stock figures to TRY to find a dragon, but at least the dragon was 2/20 and not like.. a chase lol. And also, I believe that a lot of people have to at least have some common KR toys laying around that they post on the boards to try to sell at $3 bucks a piece haha.

Hey dork,
ARE you kidding about the dragon???? I spent WAY too much on that line. Before I got the Dragon I got 2 Monkeys 1 bat and almost every other figure before I got the dragon!!! I am only missing 3 other figures!!

BUt Honestly the hardest one was walking the old woman across the street. I mean I guess the idea was to do a good deed but I dont like to photo me doing that.

[ Added: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:28 pm ]
rustedhalo wrote:
[Also the baking cakes and gingerbread houses was dumb. It would have been harder to find a gingerbread house this time of year.

I had fun doing the fuew that I did but I didn't bother entering the contest. I guess I should of just posted what I had anyway.

Rusted,
I had Some fun but seriously about the cake and gingerbread house. All I did was buy Graham crackers and used some icing from the cake and made a house. At first it didn't stay but then after it dried the house was super firm and I actually kept it around for about 2 weeks admiring my little hut.

[ Added: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:30 pm ]
dork77 wrote:
Yea Rusted, you should've totally entered. $50 is better than nothing for the amount of time getting the few that you did.

I think there are probably 20 particpants this year lol.

again dork. You under estimate the amount of participants (SP) There are other sites (like facebook) where the people are talking about this but dont post here...
All in all, if you took the time to do most of them you should get at least the fifty bucks.

I hope so....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:41 am 

$50 bucks wouldn't cover the amount I spent trying to get the dragon rollin stock figure. Thank god a awesome boardy here allowed me to borrow hers for a quick shot. I should have just went on here to find it before trying to get it myself through blind boxes. Other then that the scavenger hunt I thought was fun yet time consuming.

Good Trades: CarissaAimee, Fthat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 am 

Hey Jacen, at least now you can almost make the whole train! And rottie, your pics are pretty good.

P.S. What facebook pages? haha.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:53 am 

It was all fun and games until I was perusing Amazon.com looking for the Meatloaf cassette. Wow, three of them but they are all $70+, too bad.
I told my buddy and he went there later in the week and all three were sold. Some people took this a little too serious for my taste.
I had fun, but when I see how serious some good folks are, I'm intimidated and embarrassed. Won't be doing it again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next