forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:33 pm 

hey folks, just a heads up, i was considering doing a concert pic aswell, however doesnt the bulleted list say PUBLIC space?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 pm 

A concert isn't a public space?

[edit] Oh, I lied.. it is a private venue LOL. And I also think it's weird that you guys would wear a KR shirt to a concert LOL.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject: Public Space
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:24 pm 

Hmm.. wonder if my pic in front of 7k or 8k people is gonna count.
Glad I have a backup... but it's just not nearly as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:31 pm 

You know.. all you people with a few thousand are forgetting one thing.. you can't count the few thousand that you captured in the picture. Everybody probably looks like dots LOL.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:06 pm 

haha, true. It would take a LONG time to count those people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:00 am 

Soft As Sin wrote:
Has anyone finished? This has been stressing me out like crazy.

My team of Scavengers have finished, it has been sent, It was the most rewarding fun thing I have ever done. Kinda like the movie Rat Race but without all the Lucy trannies. I will be back next year to try to find the grave site of Jimmy Hoffa.

Trade/Sale: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148436

Good Karma (Trades): Nicocato, Haji23

Dope Sellers: Arc

Post subject: Good for you
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:25 am 

Your team of scavengers... well do be honest and let us all know how you did it so fast. Hopefully you have all of your bonus points and all of your pics are up to snuff. Best of luck to everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:52 am 

ahaha. I guess I won't win first. I just got my dragon rollin stock figure and I just bought a travis cain BFF figure btw :)

Great sellers/traders/buyers: DMS, lowkornmel, futureplastik, becc0, deadboy, LOLKats

Post subject: Re: Good for you
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:36 pm 

Dariusjulian wrote:
Your team of scavengers... well do be honest and let us all know how you did it so fast. Hopefully you have all of your bonus points and all of your pics are up to snuff. Best of luck to everyone else.

I think he really finished. I also think a few other people finished. I mean, the hunt has been out for like 2 weeks now, it technically isn't that hard to get everything done, just time consuming. Also, if he really did have a time, that makes it easier lol.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:26 pm 

My point was really that he said he had a team of scavengers. But you're right nonetheless, it has been two weeks. Anyway, I'm still going to finish mine up just in case someone who finishes before me forgets something or misinterprets something. Plus I figure, why not if I came this far. I has been fun. Guess we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:19 am 

Ooops I meant in my last post "team" instead of "time" haha. Anyway, there are a TON of misinterpretations of the list as can be seen by last years scavenger hunt.

Good luck everyone!

Great Transactions:

Post subject: Re: Good for you
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:59 am 

Dariusjulian wrote:

How my team of Scavengers did it so fast?

My life is in constant turmoil, I have no job and am currently homeless. I wander the streets of Los Angeles aimlessly looking for compassion anywhere I can find it. My clothes are ripped and stained, my once promising nike air force 1's have become nike sandals due to my various treks up and down the boulevards. The only thing I look forward to is my Homeless chat rooms on AOL. So one day I was checking my email and the boards at the Apple store and came across a post for the Hunt. I perused the list and came to the conclusion that I have half to 75% of the items in my shopping cart, so naturally I was game. The only hard part was finding a digital camera. Luckily one of my homies (other homeless peeps) had a broken digi he scored when the Paparazzo dropped theirs while chasing some random celebrity. The zoom didn't work and the battery was shot, but we rigged a Altoids tin with AA batteries so that fixed the battery problem. So myself, Switzerland (homie with digi cam) and my main squeeze Starla got to work. It really wasn't that hard honestly, Starla got a 390/DIP (drunk in public) within the first 20 minutes so #22 was done that quick, the others me and Switzerland worked on while Starla was awaiting arraignment. Actually the items that involved food were the hardest, but you would be amazed at the things people discard on a regular basis. Trash cans are a great source my friend. So when you ask how it was done so fast? I have to say I have great homies that were willing to help no matter what and having a shopping cart filled to the brim with random crap helps tons to.

Hope this helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:03 am 

^ Uhhhhh, nice story, nice story indeed. Too bad I literally think it's impossible for a homeless man to complete this hunt. Even if you go to the apple store for their computers, no way in hell would they let you upload something onto their computers from your "broken" digital camera.

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 am 

AHHHHH Switzerland. My favorite homeless person's name ever. Thank you Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:37 am 

Pezvigilante wrote:
AHHHHH Switzerland. My favorite homeless person's name ever. Thank you Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

Word..............fly little canary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:06 am 

thanks, it was most helpful....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:48 pm 

So the lesson is, to win this scavenger hunt you must become homeless.

Post subject: Anyone else finished
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:10 am 

Was just curious if anyone else has finished. I figure as it's been about 2 1/2 weeks since the hunt began.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm 

im super close, I'll be done next week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:07 am 

Is everyone done? No one posts in here anymore :[

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:10 pm 

I completed and sent in my photos awhile ago. I probably won't win because I missed out on a few of the bonus points. However I still had a ton of fun doing it all.

I wish I could post a link to my photo set but this site won't allow me because of my new account -_-. If anyone is interested though just type in 'rollin' stock hunt' @ flickr . com

Good luck to all the contestants!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:16 am 

^ Which one are you?

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:05 am 

^ whoops, my screen name is matthew t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:54 pm 

Gam13it wrote:
^ whoops, my screen name is matthew t

Nice pictures! Very artistic feel lol. That commercial must've taken you forever too!

Great Transactions:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 pm 

Gam13it wrote:
I completed and sent in my photos awhile ago. I probably won't win because I missed out on a few of the bonus points. However I still had a ton of fun doing it all.

I wish I could post a link to my photo set but this site won't allow me because of my new account -_-. If anyone is interested though just type in 'rollin' stock hunt' @ flickr . com

Good luck to all the contestants!

Newbie - ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew_ts ... 325804585/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next