forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Scavenger Contest
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:04 am 

Part of the 130+ club with $50 KidRobucks. I LOVED doing the hunt--a little larceny, a little makin' some art (got to haul out that Dremel for the shingles on Kiiro's house), "borrowing" (under cover of darkness) my neighbor's extension ladder to throw my shoes over the electric lines, it was complete and total obsession with all things involved in the hunt. I had a blast and can't wait for the next one. And some of my pix are up on Flickr! Totally cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 am 

i'm enjoying all the whining.

what it comes down to (to the people that are complaining) is that SOMEONE did a better package than YOU.
its the little loving details. quit questioning kr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:01 am 

rain wrote:
i'm enjoying all the whining.

what it comes down to (to the people that are complaining) is that SOMEONE did a better package than YOU.
its the little loving details. quit questioning kr.

read the other scavenger hunt threads, rain. i've seen your posts and respect what you have to say.

if this sounds like whining cause 'i didn't win, boo hoo' you're wrong

if you hear some major complaining that this seems to be rigged the way a carnival game is so that only the one behind the counter determines who gets a fair shot, that is what is happening.

that is a great idea for the cucumber pepsi! taping it to the can.

yeah, i tried to follow the letter of the law, and dropped $85 on the 'real' thing.

but apparenltly that doesn't mean anything to KR.

The inside of my KR jacket says 'don't except fakes'. so i guess that means they 'accept' fakes, and did for the scavenger hunt.

once again, i am not begruging the winners. they did a cool, creative job, i'm sure! but enjoi wrote that he spent $140 total. that is a little more than I spent for my GENUINE wacky. and if enjoi and plasticlife (who wrote "This year i have every item on the list, one way or another"). since authentic wackys just weren't available on the market, either the winners had one at the house, or a fake. i'm just guessing they were the knock-offs from ebay, but if i'm wrong, let me know.

I went all out. if anyone reads the other posts you will see my effort, and see what i mean.

I am not pissed becuase I didn't win. I'm pissed because this does not seem fair.

If someone from kr can tell me why my submission might have been deducted, I could let it rest. But since I went all out, ALL OUT, and even enjoi said his stomach dropped when he saw what i'd done. so, rain, i don't think its as simple as it might seem to you from this thread alone.

The Best in LA Street Art:
http://melroseandfairfax.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:12 am 

did you post pictures of your package?
let me see!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:25 am 

I have to give it up to shizasta. I saw his package and I was even blown away haha, especially with that wallwalker and certificate of authenticity, where the heck did you get that.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:28 am 

rain wrote:
did you post pictures of your package?
let me see!

Just wondering rain did you see my package? cause i had all the items as well and i only got in the 130+ so im totally backing shaz on thos complaints i dont feel it was fair. i say congrats to those who won but id at least like to know my score. if they took points off of my package id like to know so i know why i didnt score 139. I dont feel im crying about it i just wanna some form of justification for all my work. $50 is nice but compaired to my shipping cost alone its a slap in the face. (i had to pay over $300 to ship it)(partially my fault but id like to hear why i didnt get 139)

Flawless transaction with RiceKilla, Raajr187, Earthglass x2, Crazyrobot, eXtrachunky, Mattius, Infus10n, Enderz, KidrobotNY, Jmf337,lrodriguez x2, Iliksprite, Picabbo, IOIIOOO, NinJaSkills x2, Shye112, LLslickD, Stereopanda, Idiumbo, Cprobot, Reactor88, Wickedz32, Nicknumberone x3, Yushitessen x5, Cochise,bobby19730, f451, Metatron1050, TiredChildren and Daveymor.
My Heatware.com (Forum Feedback)
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=63359

My Sales Thread
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108462

My Customs
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108465

Flickr Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24695011@N02/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:33 am 

^ Well, I saw your stuff, and your wallwalker looked liked the fake ones off ebay, no offense or anything, just my opinion.

Also, I don't even know how 139 points exists to begin with. There was friendship bracelet listed twice, which guru said they would fix, so that leaves 133 points for everything without the double wallwalker, and the 5 piont bonus brings it up to 138 haha.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:48 am 

dork77 wrote:
Also, I don't even know how 139 points exists to begin with. There was friendship bracelet listed twice, which guru said they would fix, so that leaves 133 points for everything without the double wallwalker, and the 5 piont bonus brings it up to 138 haha.

Thats another thing if like a explainstion for. I just feel like I washy given a fair chance if they told me that I had 138 points and explained why and said I just lost to a random draw. I'd be satisfied but they didnt tell me my score at all I had a unholy time getting a few of the items but with what I was awarded I could have saved a lot of time, work time and money and still got in the 130 Club.

Flawless transaction with RiceKilla, Raajr187, Earthglass x2, Crazyrobot, eXtrachunky, Mattius, Infus10n, Enderz, KidrobotNY, Jmf337,lrodriguez x2, Iliksprite, Picabbo, IOIIOOO, NinJaSkills x2, Shye112, LLslickD, Stereopanda, Idiumbo, Cprobot, Reactor88, Wickedz32, Nicknumberone x3, Yushitessen x5, Cochise,bobby19730, f451, Metatron1050, TiredChildren and Daveymor.

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:39 am 

Tacune wrote:
(i had to pay over $300 to ship it)

:expensive: :killme: :expensive: :killme: :expensive: :killme: :expensive: :killme: :expensive: :killme: :expensive: :killme: :expensive: :killme:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:36 am 

with the amount of effort this list cost all of us to put together, i can defitely see why some people feel let down. I'm happy with how everything turned out, (i think shizasta might think i was on the top three but im not, just 130 plus club) just to let you know, but i think what people feel is just a lack of resolution. Spend a month of your life balls to the walls over something and conclude it with your name on a list with no justifications is just kinda.... blah. lol especially for shizasta because man, he put his SOUL into that list. I'd just like to hear what went down in that office, what things were counted what weren't, and the kinda rationilization that happened so i could better prepare myself for next year. But you know, and as i reiterated from the beggining, the rules said random draw on them, and for that reason alone i knew it would end up close to like this. and that is how i am happy right now. I had a great adventure, i went in with low expectations, and you know, right now i'm 50 kidrobot dollars richer than i was a couple days ago, despite how much effort that list was, i know you all had fun doing it, and if you didnt then, why did you do it in the first place?

i made a lot of cool friends too you know, i talked to people on ebay, i talked to people here on the message boards. i never communicate like this, with people ive never Ever met (except when i used to play wow and wc3 :P ), and that in itself was a cool experience as well. shiz and tacune, you guys are cool dudes, and i wish you guys lived around here so we could all just hang out and vent and laugh about the whole thing- but you know, life goes on, and im sure all of us got a story and a lesson and a half out of this :)

until next year <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:55 am 

Awmen =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> couldnt have said it better my self.

Ps I wish you lived in so cal. I'd really like to meet some more people out here who are into toys. Btw r.I.p. To wow for me as well ^^ but my old rogue paid for my iPhone.

enjoifriend wrote:
with the amount of effort this list cost all of us to put together, i can defitely see why some people feel let down. I'm happy with how everything turned out, (i think shizasta might think i was on the top three but im not, just 130 plus club) just to let you know, but i think what people feel is just a lack of resolution. Spend a month of your life balls to the walls over something and conclude it with your name on a list with no justifications is just kinda.... blah. lol especially for shizasta because man, he put his SOUL into that list. I'd just like to hear what went down in that office, what things were counted what weren't, and the kinda rationilization that happened so i could better prepare myself for next year. But you know, and as i reiterated from the beggining, the rules said random draw on them, and for that reason alone i knew it would end up close to like this. and that is how i am happy right now. I had a great adventure, i went in with low expectations, and you know, right now i'm 50 kidrobot dollars richer than i was a couple days ago, despite how much effort that list was, i know you all had fun doing it, and if you didnt then, why did you do it in the first place?

i made a lot of cool friends too you know, i talked to people on ebay, i talked to people here on the message boards. i never communicate like this, with people ive never Ever met (except when i used to play wow and wc3 :P ), and that in itself was a cool experience as well. shiz and tacune, you guys are cool dudes, and i wish you guys lived around here so we could all just hang out and vent and laugh about the whole thing- but you know, life goes on, and im sure all of us got a story and a lesson and a half out of this :)

until next year <3

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:22 am 

I just wanted to congratulate all the winners, all the participants who did this for the FUN of the whole thing, and a special congrats to 10-year old Brittany Dugan, the 3rd Place winner!

Brittany is one of our customers, and did a really fun Mini Munny for our recent Munny show. She participated in the "in-store" competition, so she rolled in with a sack of supplies, bought a Mini, and finished it in a couple hours. She and her whole family hung around all night and had a great time, and they are tremendously fun people.

I personally think it's really great to see kids getting into designer toys, and especially DIY toys. Too many kids these days are content with all the pre-packaged licensed cartoon crap that clogs up every store and I swear we're raising a whole generation of kids with no imagination. It's nice to be proven wrong!

Congrats to everyone who did this for the right reasons. You make this world a more fun place. :)

Thanks to KR for hosting so many events like this. As someone who is running an in-store event every month, I clearly understand how much work goes into all of this...exclusives, regular production, store events, online contests, etc. You kids must be going out of your damn minds, and I salute you for it!

Cheers!

:partyman:

Shoparooni on Twitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:24 am 

10 years old is awesome!!!!!! congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:31 am 

shoparooni .....amen. Congrats and thank you for hosting events for people to see and experience the options to the "uncreative" we are forced to look at everyday. KR, you do this as well, and thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:21 am 

HAHAHAHA I love all the complaining. Either way you look at it you got beat by a 10 year old girl. That is amazing :lol:

Major Awesome Dudage = Orlowone

Dunny Wants:
Thomas Han L.A
Ron English S3
Friends with you S3
Damon SOule S3
Kronk - Endangered
Yellow Dalek Fatcap S2

Looking to get rid of OG Benny & Red Bird.
Shoot me offers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:00 am 

the reason she won, was because she was 10

[ Added: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:02 am ]
enjoy wrote:
HAHAHAHA I love all the complaining. Either way you look at it you got beat by a 10 year old girl. That is amazing :lol:

and by the fuggin way... that girl didnt do shiat... u know who won her game?
Mama and papa... ye, that 10 year old girl went to the post office, found... which in this case means BOUGHT and sent out the package herself...

Winner goes to
Spoiled Brat's PARENTS!!! WOOOOOOO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:01 pm 

SpawnNmunny wrote:

enjoy wrote:

Mama and papa... ye, that 10 year old girl went to the post office, found... which in this case means BOUGHT and sent out the package herself...

Winner goes to

wow, this is sooooo uncalled for...you mad doggie?

refs: sleep, mike.furious, chelseacandy (x2), haseown (x2), SPS, boog7707, tommynathan (x3), (generic name), Gbaby, eclipse, seena32, sugarhill, ritedere, biffpow, viper2001_21, djfohm (x2), flapjack, ghepman, Daeo, coffeekid, DreVanFuzen, wacko, rottierook, Altion, essicaj-_-, DeMoNMuNkY, jfresh001, kom22, Dunn Da-Da, highland19, AJB603, yates, KTalluto, zmonkee78, stilspinin, EASheartsvinyl, cbankla (x2), leinad, rimamir, RoyalFlush911, droid241, rhymetimechild, axstar, mattFoley, TinyKilla, Squidnik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:45 pm 

yeah, that was taking it a bit too far
she's only 10! congratulate her and get over it...i've gotten over my bitterness and crap, i think my box got lost!
come on guys it was a contest- just smile at the adventure you had and move on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:51 am 

SpawnNmunny wrote:

enjoy wrote:

Winner goes to

Wow sounds like someone has their panties in a twist. How horrible are you to be making these types of comments. I say good for her and great on her parents for taking an interest in what shes doing. To many parents today pawn off their kids with games and tv just so they dont have to spend time with them. Congrats to Brittany, you did great!

This was a contest which we all entered on our own free will. No one asked us to spend $85 dollars on a Pepsi can or $100+ for a wall crawler or $300 on shipping - I apologize for my comments now but I think your pretty stupid that you did. There was no guarentee that youd be the winner even if you got all the items. There are no extra points for making your box all pretty or sending extra items to butter up the judges. Just because you poured your "heart and soul" into it doesnt mean you automatically win.

I could of bought a wall crawler that would of cost me $70 but I passed on it and I was fine with not having it on my list. I didnt have the wall crawler or the Olive Garden mint and I still walked away with $50. (I did however print out an Olive Garden mint, they didnt specify it had to be a real one, creativity goes a long way).

Contests are a gamble and if your going to whine about who won or that you didnt win then I suggest you DO NOT enter any more contests and save your money :-({|= .

nimsu, ingrownmayo, markie_darkie, drilone, onerubberducky, zopboy, aka-man, mp46, James yeah?, jmf337, useless toys, Nikejerk, JPop, iliksprite, Bo0oYaH, scarwars, bk_bk (x2), esoter1c, pop77, zephyr, B Mi1d, baronacasino, melissery, tunatuva (x2), 666doll, redblueyellow, wacko, Desecration, louleeboo, Autodactyl, c.drx, twotwelve

LOOKING FOR
Neth Creatures FOUND!! - So now I need a few of the SDCC Neth Creatures, PM if you have any you want to sell. Looking for the Red & Orange Sour. Baseman's Dunces - Pulp, Goody2Shoes, Fib, Retardy, Ditch. Tim Biskup Red Helper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:27 am 

Everyone who join knew it was a gamble we already explained why were up set there just venting and the right to, im mean congrats to brit but you know she wasnt out there earnng it all like most of us. I dont think a little venting makes you a soar loser so let them biznatch a little w/e attacking every comment they make.

Not to mention unless you got more items then them you dont know how they feel atm you should even be talking at least they had the balls to take on the 10year old they would have no chance of losing because its free marketing to kids(personal opinion)(attack away) Yeah i kinda think they let 1st be random and let the kiddies win 2nd and 3rd so that they could support the younger toy lover and you know what it makes sense and im ok with that if thats really what there doing, my personaly Beef with the contest is that they didnt tell me my score i wanna know why i didnt have the 139 i think i did but they bumped the kids up. Honestly i would be totally cool with that if they explained it. BUT WHAT EVER we did have fun we all know how far we honetly got, yeah i agree they should tell us are scores and be honest about all the results but lets face it there holding all the cards and all they have to tell you is they didnt think your package was neat enough and BAM your down to 133 >.> so lets stop amusing all the punks who didnt even compete. Do what i did go out side and beat the shizt out of a tree till your fists bleed \:D/ its pretty hard to be mad after that. [-(

Well good luck getting out it all im not happy about 1st but im kinda happy we can spread toy love to the kids ^^

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:57 am 

Tacune wrote:
...but you know she wasnt out there earnng it all like most of us. I dont think a little venting makes you a soar loser so let them biznatch a little w/e attacking every comment they make.

So I guess you found every single item on that list all by yourself? Not one person ever helped you in anyway? Give me a break we all had help in one way or another...and yes venting and whining DOES make you a sore looser.

Tacune wrote:
Not to mention unless you got more items then them you dont know how they feel atm you should even be talking at least they had the balls to take on the 10year old

Im sorry I dont understand this...unless you mean they had the balls to call a 10 year old a spoiled brat. WOW calling out a child sure shows the level of maturity around here. I guess if your so called theory was correct then the lot of should of won given your all being immature.

Tacune wrote:
Do what i did go out side and beat the shizt out of a tree till your fists bleed \:D/ its pretty hard to be mad after that.

I really hope you are joking right there cause you've taken this waaay to serious and should be banned from entering all contests for your own safety. :goodman: :lol:

Also if you want to let this all go and "stop amusing all the punks who didnt even compete" stop making stupid statements like the one above.

nimsu, ingrownmayo, markie_darkie, drilone, onerubberducky, zopboy, aka-man, mp46, James yeah?, jmf337, useless toys, Nikejerk, JPop, iliksprite, Bo0oYaH, scarwars, bk_bk (x2), esoter1c, pop77, zephyr, B Mi1d, baronacasino, melissery, tunatuva (x2), 666doll, redblueyellow, wacko, Desecration, louleeboo, Autodactyl, c.drx, twotwelve

LOOKING FOR
Neth Creatures FOUND!! - So now I need a few of the SDCC Neth Creatures, PM if you have any you want to sell. Looking for the Red & Orange Sour. Baseman's Dunces - Pulp, Goody2Shoes, Fib, Retardy, Ditch. Tim Biskup Red Helper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:38 am 

Wow dude idk so made you think you were cool but you totally missed like all of what I said and attempted to turn it but you just kinda made it look like you can't read at least to me.

yerflap wrote:
Tacune wrote:
...but you know she wasnt out there earnng it all like most of us. I dont think a little venting makes you a soar loser so let them biznatch a little w/e attacking every comment they make.

So I guess you found every single item on that list all by yourself? Not one person ever helped you in anyway? Give me a break we all had help in one way or another...and yes venting and whining DOES make you a sore looser.

Tacune wrote:
Not to mention unless you got more items then them you dont know how they feel atm you should even be talking at least they had the balls to take on the 10year old

Im sorry I dont understand this...unless you mean they had the balls to call a 10 year old a spoiled brat. WOW calling out a child sure shows the level of maturity around here. I guess if your so called theory was correct then the lot of should of won given your all being immature.

Tacune wrote:
Do what i did go out side and beat the shizt out of a tree till your fists bleed \:D/ its pretty hard to be mad after that.

I really hope you are joking right there cause you've taken this waaay to serious and should be banned from entering all contests for your own safety. :goodman: :lol:

Also if you want to let this all go and "stop amusing all the punks who didnt even compete" stop making stupid statements like the one above.

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:11 am 

wowzers... i am glad i was always the last one picked at dodge ball because I was a nerd. sure taught me how to just have fun. it sucks to just put so much into it an think you are going to win, but for real this was one of the best times i have had in a while chasing this crap all over arkansas texas and missouri so cheers guys. hope to make some new friends for it too. hope i get the krbucks in time to buy the zombie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm 

mylifeinplastic wrote:
Holy Crap! I can't believe I won. Thanks Kidrobot for an awesome hunt. It was a lot of fun for me and my wife. Congrats to everyone that participated!

You gotta post pics of all your reapings!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:23 pm 

dang i would be mad at myself if i was the person that lost to 1st just cuz of a floppy disk! but still 2nd place is awesome. but to miss out on every figure released cuz of a floppy!

Want: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 36#1281636

Good B/S/T: B: c483125117, AJB603, DreVanFuzen, BruteSquad, whthalo, djfohm, jontoronto, acityinside, strange robot, dodgrr, Run-A-Mucker, MANIMAL, magicmanjk808, Enderz, PlasticMe, haverford, mzkaydi, mrmonkey, Slack, GLENNjamin, tvsinny, kidrobotNY, Autodactyl, toddivision, kinojun, mANNEe, al11588, GetterRobo S: Ben Nunez, deadnoob, SMOKING-PLASTIC, at321fakest, liveordunny, Buellster, j3tang, g-bo. T: hova0023, de Large, Bo0oYaH, cbankla, dmsulli, Capt. Hindsight, nmr509, thedarkhippie

My Dunny Collection!: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108266

For Sale/Trade: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=120263

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next