forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:00 am 

i went back and saw that myplasticheart won, and enjoi?!?-- congrats

i guess i'm just in shock

no, once again, if I had a COMPLETE LIST or EVERY SINGLE ITEM on the list, how could somebody have more points?

the only possible way would be if i didn't get credit for some items. and to me, that seems impossible. anyone who has been following the hunt has seen what i've done. i've documented every item i sent in, every photo, every quiz answer.

so how could i have less points?

its not being a sore loser, its impossible.

I am going to get some answers . . .

The Best in LA Street Art:
http://melroseandfairfax.blogspot.com/

Last edited by shizasta on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:03 am 

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

congrats to the winners!

refs: sleep, mike.furious, chelseacandy (x2), haseown (x2), SPS, boog7707, tommynathan (x3), (generic name), Gbaby, eclipse, seena32, sugarhill, ritedere, biffpow, viper2001_21, djfohm (x2), flapjack, ghepman, Daeo, coffeekid, DreVanFuzen, wacko, rottierook, Altion, essicaj-_-, DeMoNMuNkY, jfresh001, kom22, Dunn Da-Da, highland19, AJB603, yates, KTalluto, zmonkee78, stilspinin, EASheartsvinyl, cbankla (x2), leinad, rimamir, RoyalFlush911, droid241, rhymetimechild, axstar, mattFoley, TinyKilla, Squidnik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:15 am 

sorry shiz looks like only 1 person had 139 points

Grand Prize: K. Nalbandian, LA, CA, 139 points
A complete set of Kiiro Mini Figures, every Mini Figure released in 2008 and $1,500
Kidrobucks!

2nd Place: J. Bretter, Encino, CA, 138 points
A complete set of Kiiro Mini Figures and $1250 Kidrobucks!

3rd Place: B. Dugan, Lakewood, OH, 138 points
A complete set of Kiiro Mini Figures and $1000 Kidrobucks!

My things for trade
The things I want
My Collection Intervention

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am 

shizasta i know how you feel- but at least your on the list- i had EVERYTHING and i'm not on any of the lisdts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:20 am 

pixie, i just saw you other thread as you were putting in your 2 cents.

something is fishy. how could that be?

they dropped at least a point from mine, but how could they miss 30 of yours?!?

somethings not right . . .

and for all those who take enjoyment out of these misfortunes, well, your life must be fulfilling . . .

i am literally sitting here sick to my stomach cause it just doesn't make sense.

and some of you might say that life's not fair, but this scavenger hunt should be.

????????????????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:38 am 

Shizasta - I feel your pain. I had everything on the list also. I thought for sure there would be a few of us in the draw for 1st place, how could only one person end up with 139? I'm wondering if they didn't think mine was "organized" enough, so maybe they didn't give me the extra 5 points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:54 am 

LOL double diget for me this is my crap LOL:D UN ORGAINIZED IN A LITTLE BXOImage

phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:15 am 

WHAT?! I don't get anything? I neatly arranged everything in the box, so I'm sure I got the 5 extra points, which would've put me OVER 130!

GAY!!!!

• Tic Toc Apocalypse: Jackalope, Gnome, Flying Gnome
• Futurama: Robot Devil, Squirms
• a life

Favorite Artists:
Amanda Visell, Jerrell Conner, Tara McPherson, Joe Ledbetter, Frank Kozik, Huck Gee, Damon Soule, Prarie Prince, AngryWoebots

Good transactions:
haverford, DannyWilkes, lediscode, Eiji, hellscrape

Awesome Customs by:
Squidnik, Prarie Prince, MAp-MAp, motorbot, markie_darkie, FAS, D-LuX

Post subject: Dissapointment
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:38 am 

Okay so anybody who even participated in the last one got at least something. That is why I went ahead and tried even though some of those items would be impossible w/o shelling out some cash.

Figured we'd all at least get _something_ out of it.

Oh well, lesson learned. Probably not going to even both with the next one.

-alex

Post subject: Congrats to ALL.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:29 am 

Hey - I've been reading through this thread and it seems that lots of people are upset. I didn't do the hunt this year (did last year and placed like 5th or 6th on the list, so no big prize), but I know from last year that there could be a few people (or more) all tied for second place with 138. Everybody in the 130+ category could have 138, but they only award 3 top prizes so that's where the random draw comes in. No where did it say that if you had everything you got a prize. Doesn't seem fair, but that's the only way to do it. As for being rigged - I know who won third place and she has never been to a Kidrobot store or ever spoken to anyone from Kidrobot. She lives in Ohio, so there would be no reason if it were rigged she would have won. Seemed along the way that everyone had fun. Just keep remembering the fun you had. So, sorry to all those that didn't win, but congrats on finishing and having fun. Some of the boxes and macaroni head art looked awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:32 am 

this was horrible on KR;s part
they didnt do a good job AT ALL
They didnt show the scores of the losers, they definetly miss counted on mine... and a lot more then mine was miss counted.
I also, didnt pay for any of my items... i actually went on a SCAVENGER HUNT and found all my items. Next time... im going to find all my items and sell them to make an I DISAGREE WITH KIDROBOT sign bigger then my house

kidrobot killed my soul/spirit and probly killed a lot more then mine. I know there has to be a looser, but the way this one happened just sucked...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:35 am 

i was talkin to barroness 2day she was like

1st place got everything

2nd place got almost everything besides 1 item the floppy disk was hard.. not floppy..

3rd didnt get crystal pepsi lol

phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:47 am 

Misterine wrote:
2nd place got almost everything besides 1 item the floppy disk was hard.. not floppy..

Hm didn't guru say either was fine?

Anyway, people claiming it was fixed are being ridiculous. With 138 items it's easy to screw up one or two even if you think you double checked everything, and there were a few that were ambiguous (number of tilt dunnys, number of kiiros).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:01 pm 

i dont see my name anywhere there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:03 pm 

YAY 50 bucks at least i got back what i spent....

SWEET!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:06 pm 

wtfunks wrote:

sucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 pm 

WOW! I can't believe how immature people are being. Some people seriouly need to grow up. It was a simple competition that nobody forced you to enter or spend any cash on. Whatever time and/or money you spent was done by your own free will and everybody knew the rules. It's about the fun. They don't even have to give out extra prizes because it wasn't even stated along with the original ones. People should be happy that Kidrobot is a kick rump company that even cares enough about its customers to put on really cool contests all the time and give out extra prizes. Congrats to all the winners and the people that got something extra. You guys earned it and I'm sure had a little luck on your sides too.

PS. As for the cucumber pepsi I just taped 2 halfs of a cucumber to an empty pepsi can. I guess a little creativity went a long way. Thanks for the extra 50 dollar gift certificate KR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 pm 

Misterine wrote:

1st place got everything

WHAT?!!!

You guys have seen some of my pics. I have the rest. I can't tell you how careful I was. I packed the boxes and then rechecked everything on the list so nothing was forgotten.

still sick to my stomach . . . xsickx

and I don't begrudge the winners, once again, congrats.

but enjoi, if you felt your stomach drop when you saw my list, and spent a month of your life on this, imagine how mine feels and how much more i invested. $$$, time and love.

and if they decided not to count any xtra items and i had lost in a draw to someone else with a full list, that would still suck but I could take it.

but losing to someone who supposedly had more points?!? I don't see how that is possible, and that is what i can't accept~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:42 pm 

shizasta wrote:
Misterine wrote:

1st place got everything

WHAT?!!!

You guys have seen some of my pics. I have the rest. I can't tell you how careful I was. I packed the boxes and then rechecked everything on the list so nothing was forgotten.

still sick to my stomach . . . xsickx

and I don't begrudge the winners, once again, congrats.

but enjoi, if you felt your stomach drop when you saw my list, and spent a month of your life on this, imagine how mine feels and how much more i invested. $$$, time and love.

and if they decided not to count any xtra items and i had lost in a draw to someone else with a full list, that would still suck but I could take it.

but losing to someone who supposedly had more points?!? I don't see how that is possible, and that is what i can't accept~

you are being a pompous, whiny little brat. from claiming a free contest was rigged to saying you invested more love into it than anyone else...get over yourself :roll:

refs: sleep, mike.furious, chelseacandy (x2), haseown (x2), SPS, boog7707, tommynathan (x3), (generic name), Gbaby, eclipse, seena32, sugarhill, ritedere, biffpow, viper2001_21, djfohm (x2), flapjack, ghepman, Daeo, coffeekid, DreVanFuzen, wacko, rottierook, Altion, essicaj-_-, DeMoNMuNkY, jfresh001, kom22, Dunn Da-Da, highland19, AJB603, yates, KTalluto, zmonkee78, stilspinin, EASheartsvinyl, cbankla (x2), leinad, rimamir, RoyalFlush911, droid241, rhymetimechild, axstar, mattFoley, TinyKilla, Squidnik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:42 pm 

Pezvigilante wrote:

PS. As for the cucumber pepsi I just taped 2 halfs of a cucumber to an empty pepsi can. I guess a little creativity went a long way. Thanks for the extra 50 dollar gift certificate KR!

brilliant!!!!!!!!!! =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:08 pm 

wtfunks wrote:

I was looking for your name too! I know you put a lot of effort into completing this one. How disappointing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:16 pm 

I think what the people who are saying its fixed are getting at is that we dont even know are scores, some of us turned in all the items and its kinda odd we didnt rank and didnt get to see a score, maybe we did screw up but it would be nice to know, we are definitly happy to recieve $50 but we thought we were gonna win 1St 2Nd or 3Rd.

Flawless transaction with RiceKilla, Raajr187, Earthglass x2, Crazyrobot, eXtrachunky, Mattius, Infus10n, Enderz, KidrobotNY, Jmf337,lrodriguez x2, Iliksprite, Picabbo, IOIIOOO, NinJaSkills x2, Shye112, LLslickD, Stereopanda, Idiumbo, Cprobot, Reactor88, Wickedz32, Nicknumberone x3, Yushitessen x5, Cochise,bobby19730, f451, Metatron1050, TiredChildren and Daveymor.
My Heatware.com (Forum Feedback)
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=63359

My Sales Thread
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108462

My Customs
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108465

Flickr Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24695011@N02/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:17 pm 

moBot wrote:
YAY 50 bucks at least i got back what i spent....
SWEET!

Congrats MO bro! Way to represent the backwoods to the fullest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:17 pm 

You MANIACS! - What I sounded like after reading winner's list.

I was bummed to see I didn't win like everyone else, but it's not KR's fault. We all took the gamble of going for broke to get all the items, knowing that it might come down to a random drawing. Everyone's interpretation of the list is different, so there is no way to be absolutely sure that you got all 139. Would it be better if the hunt was so easy everyone got 139?

Look on the bright side, at least now the rest of year will be more interesting, wouldn't it be boring if you knew you had every minifigure and $1500 to blow on your habit?
:lol:

Cowboy up, vinyl heads!

WANTED:
fatcaps- DEPH, TILT CHASE, PAINTBALL, GID
Gingerman Burnt
Easy Hey
Sicky Barrel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:17 pm 

pshhh, i'd rather be bored and at ease than wondering whether or not I can purchase a dunny or not every month.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next