forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:39 pm 

Let's hear it. Mine was 12lbs and cost 30 bucks, haha.

Great Transactions:

-Sellers: Dunny27, toddivision, zephyr, maadbeats, hotfunk, jmf337, kingcrt (this one is GREAT!), AW177, Mr2157, eckotyper, thedarkhippie, acityinside, plandesign39, dodgrr, monsterdecay, Gill, kngwiz, getterobo, reactor88, glennjammin, louloubee, cheeky, rizadette, money1645, girlcreeture, core4pro, ritedere, geniusgza
-Ehh sellers: nmr509, vinylfan06, crspy420

-Buyers: de Large, The Octopus, iamjdub, operatorx, heebysdaman, richL, southerndrawl, litefusegetaway, shesmarvel0us, platt3r, kidrobot miami, zimgir3000, *cheeto*, trentmatth, kingofpain97, darkeyesredshoes, joker, kdrock00, Zhurrie, HeyJB, KillsteretStudios

-Traders: DunDun, core4pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 pm 

mine was 9lbs and cost $11

good trades:

dieselbouy
shauni55
muzikpheen
dxjock

www.myspace.com/twiztidbatgirl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:13 pm 

Mine was 11lbs and 40$
Sent it FedEx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:28 pm 

mines is gunna be delivered

please tiny killa dont correct me ! :D \:D/

phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 pm 

around 50- i overnighted my box

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:39 am 

sheesh. i'm too broke to spend that kind of money just to ship it in.
mine was 10 lbs and cost $10... still guaranteed delivery by thursday through ups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am 

i sent mine yesterday overnight for $60.

it weighed 16.5 pds. i put in some extras like candy for the people opening it.

and i'm not sure what tacune was saying about when a package is supposed to arrive. he kept saying fri, but since it says it has to be in BEFORE the 11th, which is friday, i think it has to be in by thurs. just to clarify.

now, tacune, we should sit down and have a little talk. you are giving a 110% in effort, but i think you should invest in a business manager. just someone to bounce ideas off of. you know, like should you carry a 75 pd box a mile and a half to mail it? i have a 20 pound 12 year old dog that i have to carry on walks sometime, and i can tell you carrying gets hard. and if you could call in a favor for a ride to vegas, you've got to do it when you have a huge heavy box. I just laughed when i read that one, picturing you still in krpirate garb! =P~

you know, but you could benefit from having someone around and you say, i think i'm gonna dress up and swipe a menu from the diner with a bouncer, yeah? and the other person could suggest you go to the one without the bouncer or something?

but, i'm going to play that person right now, and, from the numbers you've given us, you paid 300+ to ship it and had it insured for $750. so i am just guessing that you spent the 750, which puts you over $1,000 just on the package. i don't know if you had to pay your friends for gas or anything, or any other costs, but i assume there were some costs not wrapped up in the package. so, you have already spent nearly as much as the prize money that is offered!

and IF they did lose your package, express comes with $100 insurance and you would get your shipping refunded.

so i can tell you're going all out for the grand prize. and if you would have come to me for advice, as a friend, i would have told you not to bust your balls b/c i am going to win the grand prize anyway! \:D/

lol, just a little smack talk. but i really would look for a business manager/friend to bounce your ideas off. a little more steering and your enthusiasm would rocket!
and i, like everyone else, are waiting in anticipation to find out what kind of dead animal you would be sending in?

The Best in LA Street Art:
http://melroseandfairfax.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:24 am 

shizasta wrote:

so i can tell you're going all out for the grand prize. and if you would have come to me for advice, as a friend, i would have told you not to bust your balls b/c i am going to win the grand prize anyway! \:D/

shizasta, you may be mad cool but i'm sorry honey cause i'm gonna win :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:15 pm 

^^^ Pixie, if there were an award handed out for 'coolness' you would be the champ!

way to set a cool tone for the hunt. i remember the first few days of the hunt when someone was all, "i'm not trading wiht anyone cause i'm not gonna help anyone out."

and you're all, "hey, the scavenger hunt is a cool thing with cool people. have fun like i did last year"

and i don't know about all of you out there, but i played the game by pixie's rules and i'm glad i did. thanks for the trade, pixie!

ps-and i hope they give you that 'coolness' award, cause i still want the grand prize!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:00 pm 

$6
i really hope they have another scavenger hunt next year.
they are always so much fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:48 pm 

shizasta wrote:
i sent mine yesterday overnight for $60.

it weighed 16.5 pds. i put in some extras like candy for the people opening it.

and i'm not sure what tacune was saying about when a package is supposed to arrive. he kept saying fri, but since it says it has to be in BEFORE the 11th, which is friday, i think it has to be in by thurs. just to clarify.

now, tacune, we should sit down and have a little talk. you are giving a 110% in effort, but i think you should invest in a business manager. just someone to bounce ideas off of. you know, like should you carry a 75 pd box a mile and a half to mail it? i have a 20 pound 12 year old dog that i have to carry on walks sometime, and i can tell you carrying gets hard. and if you could call in a favor for a ride to vegas, you've got to do it when you have a huge heavy box. I just laughed when i read that one, picturing you still in krpirate garb! =P~

you know, but you could benefit from having someone around and you say, i think i'm gonna dress up and swipe a menu from the diner with a bouncer, yeah? and the other person could suggest you go to the one without the bouncer or something?

but, i'm going to play that person right now, and, from the numbers you've given us, you paid 300+ to ship it and had it insured for $750. so i am just guessing that you spent the 750, which puts you over $1,000 just on the package. i don't know if you had to pay your friends for gas or anything, or any other costs, but i assume there were some costs not wrapped up in the package. so, you have already spent nearly as much as the prize money that is offered!

and IF they did lose your package, express comes with $100 insurance and you would get your shipping refunded.

lol, just a little smack talk. but i really would look for a business manager/friend to bounce your ideas off. a little more steering and your enthusiasm would rocket!
and i, like everyone else, are waiting in anticipation to find out what kind of dead animal you would be sending in?

No one has made me laugh as much as you during this thing ^^ haha and i didnt spend 750 on the items but i did spend a lot and it was mainly gas costs most items were pretty cheap. But i cant wait to post the picks of my package

Flawless transaction with RiceKilla, Raajr187, Earthglass x2, Crazyrobot, eXtrachunky, Mattius, Infus10n, Enderz, KidrobotNY, Jmf337,lrodriguez x2, Iliksprite, Picabbo, IOIIOOO, NinJaSkills x2, Shye112, LLslickD, Stereopanda, Idiumbo, Cprobot, Reactor88, Wickedz32, Nicknumberone x3, Yushitessen x5, Cochise,bobby19730, f451, Metatron1050, TiredChildren and Daveymor.
My Heatware.com (Forum Feedback)
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=63359

My Sales Thread
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108462

My Customs
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=108465

Flickr Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24695011@N02/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:35 am 

just checked the tracking info. kidrobot signed for my package yesterday.

i'm golden, so golden

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 am 

dont get too cocky guysss

i sent in a full package today
complete list.

:)

i'd say even if you sent in a complete list, the chances of winning are still VERY randomized.

i'm prepping for failure.

seriously

picks are random

not on how much candy you send the judges

its highly possible with 133 things any one of us could have messed up one ONE small thing

just let go man, no one can expect to win
no one
and if you do

i feel sorry for you
because chances are you'll lose, no matter how you look at it

!!!

good luck dudes :) !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:07 pm 

Just sent mine with list completed also. Only 9 Lbs. at $48.00 overnight. Good luck to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:42 pm 

enjoifriend wrote:
dont get too cocky guysss

i sent in a full package today
complete list.

:)

i'd say even if you sent in a complete list, the chances of winning are still VERY randomized.

i'm prepping for failure.

seriously

picks are random

not on how much candy you send the judges

its highly possible with 133 things any one of us could have messed up one ONE small thing

just let go man, no one can expect to win
no one
and if you do

i feel sorry for you
because chances are you'll lose, no matter how you look at it

!!!

good luck dudes :) !

good luck to you, too enjoi.

i, too, figured there would be a lot of entries with the list checked off. that is why i came with a plan!

i told you peoples, i'm in it to win it! not in it to take chances on a random drawing~

its getting closer, but i will reveal my already submitted plan when the time comes.

also still waiting to see if tacune's dead animal might just be the key to winning!

ps-and the plan doesn't bank too much, or at all, on candy. i did however, also send a pack of garbage pail kids stickers in with my submission. I would say the biggest suprise left off the list, from my youth, anyway. the just about nailed everything else. anyone remember those things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:35 pm 

they probably weren't included, cause the hunt last year include the garbage pail cards on the list.

mine cost like $6.00 something. not everything. cause i didn't find out about it till like two weeks ago. and busy with school.

facebook | flickr | etsy
good transactions with; vinylwhanker, purplehaze1091, jessandrews, invisible, scottw, eckotyper, simon1933, m_329, drunkymunky02, featusfryer, friendsw/thetoy, miyestyle, uh oh, mrmongoose, catana68, sasquatchoryeti, dxjock, mokewon, crspy420, kngdingaling, leinlad, angelmex, caraann, rjl, rizadette, jose2187, bk_bk, xian22, spunla, soft as sin, xfalcon, car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:07 pm 

well thanks

but i guess i just dont really think that you guys understand what random means.
lol

say your stuff is 1,0000 times sweeter than mine
say you send ALL your stuffed toys and garbage pail kids cards (which i do remember)
as long as our lists are both accepted as fully checked off and as long as we both get the neat points ( and i could argue that extra stuff takes away from neatness)
we score the same

the rules say nothing about bonus points
the rules say nothing about items being worth multiple points

as far as im concerned, your fake tattoo thats not tribal is worth more than your pepsi can because its two checks to one

i think some people are reading too much into this thing

unless you have an in with the contest people how can you possibly have a secret to win?

and also, if kidrobot started taking "sweetest package" bribes in the SCAVENGER HUNT
when its explicitly not included in the rules, then i dont think anyone would be doing their contests because they wouldnt be fair.

you just need to realize that you ARE in the same boat as everyone else who sent in a full list.

unless they start rating items, which you cant assume, because its not in the rules.

so i dont want to hear about any plans to win

anyone can win
as far as im concerned tacune could walk away with nothing and a 1000 dollar deficit and so can i and so can you

i just dont understand how someone could be confident about winning when its random.

but gratz to you if you do win
and gratz to you for completing the list because its no easy feat.

but seriously, think people needa take a chill pill about whose going to win
anyone could

luck to everybody, <3
: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:57 pm 

I just wanna throw out i think we all know we may be nothing but in it to win it means we believe were going out with a fight even thou its now a lottery. We just wanna feel that all are hard work made us something special. I dont know whos gonna win but i hope its some one who played fair and was social enought to talk on the forum with us. Not to mention i hope there a good sport, which i think all of you are so far. So good luck to you and buy Shaz and i are gunning for goldness hahaha. No but serously good luck if one of us win ill at least feel it went to a friend.(rather then some random dude no one has ever hurd of)

Ps i still can wait to show my box pics cause there cool.

Flawless transaction with RiceKilla, Raajr187, Earthglass x2, Crazyrobot, eXtrachunky, Mattius, Infus10n, Enderz, KidrobotNY, Jmf337,lrodriguez x2, Iliksprite, Picabbo, IOIIOOO, NinJaSkills x2, Shye112, LLslickD, Stereopanda, Idiumbo, Cprobot, Reactor88, Wickedz32, Nicknumberone x3, Yushitessen x5, Cochise,bobby19730, f451, Metatron1050, TiredChildren and Daveymor.

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:39 pm 

good attitude tacune

and yeah - i feel the same way
everyones excited, everyone wants to feel like they can win
but it gets to a point where its all said and done now and all we can do is take a load off and wish eachother luck : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:47 pm 

Agreed!
The best thing about this contest was the journey...not getting there (although there was the shipping....) I've never done a scavenger hunt, and I've only recently "rediscovered" my inner child, so it was perfect. I would not have put the time and money into the hunt if I had not chosen to do it. I could have taken an extra job, and used the money that I spent on the hunt to buy the toys I love.

I loved the game. I loved being creative. And I loved the challenge.

Good luck to all. If you participated in the scavenger hunt, you've won already. I know I'm sounding like an after school special, but I mean it. I actually wish that I could be there for the opening of the packages. That would be the perfect "win" to me!

Cheers all, and enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:09 pm 

I gotta say guys i am way envious of them how fun is it going to be opening the good packages(bad would be the people who didnt organize them, its proably very frustrating afte 300boxes) I mean just thi they proably have enough friendship bracelts to host a rave, Enought chips and sour straws to have a party, A wicked awsome NERF war and ninja star fight is more then possible. Not to mention enought yarn to make a few sweaters. And that doesnt even cover half the items. And if you all had pics like mine then its gotta be pretty funny. The odes are proably the best part.
Idk about you all but i wish i was in NY so i could offer to help them out.

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:11 pm 

enjoi, you make some great points, and I agree with you most all the way. then why do i still feel that i have an ace up my sleeve?

yeah, those garbage pail kids are classic. was last year's theme a lot like this one?

and tacune, i am still wondering what makes up that 75 pds? i'm thinkin you packaged a neighborhood kid and mailed him in as a true, original wacky wall walker. or somethin. can't wait to hear and see pics!

sellegood- nailed it! i think i recaptured my youth, too, and am a little bit younger from doing this hunt. weren't you the one who did the hunt to relax from your other deadlines? man! this was my deadline! i dream about opening a toy store, and if and when i do, i want to hire you as my first employee. impressive~

and you were right on except for one thing, the best part will be playing with my grand prize toys and recapturing my youth that way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 pm 

for the record mine package (haha german) was only 47 pounds not 75pounds that would have trully broken my bank.

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:35 pm 

12 lbs. cost $72 dollars to ship over night. Hope to win something. Had everything on the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 pm 

how is it that you all got all these items for under 15pounds

My Sales Thread

My Customs

Flickr Page

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next