Buying, Selling, and Trading Problems

Collectors can sell items related to the art, toy, and apparel community. Note: professional sellers and stores are strictly forbidden from posting here. PLEASE READ THE RULES!

Moderators: Kidrobot Guru, zonnie5

mdcn

Re: Buying, Selling, and Trading Problems

Post by mdcn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:11 pm

wingnut80 wrote:Soft As Sin...

-Item was delivered 6 weeks after payment was sent
-PM's/emails were not responded to

He claimed to have been too busy with school to get the item mailed out...

It's sad to see that Jon Blaj aka Soft As Sin is still pulling crap on these boards. About 3 years ago, I had issues with him as well. I purchased a set of Mindstyle Buffmonsters off of him for somewhere around $200+.

Same issue, he never responded to any pm's or emails however, I was following him on eBay (I think username compositiveclothing) and on Twitter.

I literally started threatening him with litigation and even went so far as to send him daily emails and tweets reminding him what a scumbag he was for stealing from me.

Finally, after getting Paypal involved he responded with the same kind of story but he was not only overwhelmed with school back then, his mom was deathly ill and he had to pick up not just one but two extra jobs to pay their bills.

I wasn't going to dispute the story, if his mom was sick she was sick. I did ask him though, how he was tweeting everyday and selling things on ebay every other day... he said it was his little brother using his accounts!

He eventually sent the set of Buff Monsters along with a free set of the smaller ice cream Buffs. Then he asked me to take all the negative stuff down including my posts about him in this very thread. - I obliged.

Sadly now, I wish I wouldn't have because he's continued to come up in this thread, before and since my experience. I won't go so far as to say he's a full blown scammer but I would advise everyone to stay faaaaaar away from Jon Blaj aka Soft As Sin aka compositiveclothing.

I wish there was a better way to list everyone that's on this list so others don't have to dig or get screwed too. Perhaps a master list should be started just with names.

Great sellers/traders: Awesome cash deals with jmf337 and minor D. Awesome trades with lulu.

StamNYC

Post by StamNYC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm

plastichero wrote:SCAMMER: FAIL2EVOLVE, EMAIL:

Here's the story, I paid this guy in full.. but he's not willing to ship it out. His "reason" is because I took too long to pay him. I told him I was going to pay him on the night of April 9th... and I did... I was just caught up at work because my boss wanted me to do more work.. so I got home a bit late.. but I paid him as soon as I got home. Then he's sending me messages like I took too long to pay him and he's not willing to ship it out.. I asked for a refund.. and now he's not willing to give me one!

I already opened a dispute with Paypal, which I'm pretty sure I'll win.. just giving you guys a heads up so you guys won't have to go through the same thing I went through. A lot of kids on the forums have no patience and don't understand that a grown man has to work... mods.. ban this guy..

PAY THE HARD WORKING MAN HIS LOOT!
THE DUNNY PURIST

GTG SELLERS
Social Study,SigNewton,NewAddictions,carcrashheather,uhmski,irulan,daaznnikeboi3,chrisosaur,eyeforaneye,VincentL

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:18 pm

StamNYC wrote:

fail2evolve wrote:so, rather than wait for the refund i agreed to give you, you posted in several places lying about what has transpired?

plastichero wrote:... lol funny how you sitting around friday night... get a life man... and stop trying to make other people's life as miserable as yours..

EDIT: please notice that this joker's thread has been deleted by mods because he didn't get scammed.

next post after his, idiot. how many times do i have to tell you to read the next post? read the next post. ask guru if you want.
People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)
I would never deal with Art Asylum Boston or Jason Zenga. This is why.

How to Prep your Dunny (by Mezzn and Fail2Evolve) http://vimeo.com/24965810

StamNYC

Post by StamNYC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm

fail2evolve wrote:
StamNYC wrote:

fail2evolve wrote:so, rather than wait for the refund i agreed to give you, you posted in several places lying about what has transpired?

plastichero wrote:... lol funny how you sitting around friday night... get a life man... and stop trying to make other people's life as miserable as yours..

EDIT: please notice that this joker's thread has been deleted by mods because he didn't get scammed.

next post after his, idiot. how many times do i have to tell you to read the next post? read the next post. ask guru if you want.

FAIL :doubt:
THE DUNNY PURIST

GTG SELLERS
Social Study,SigNewton,NewAddictions,carcrashheather,uhmski,irulan,daaznnikeboi3,chrisosaur,eyeforaneye,VincentL

garbagedick

0mie

Post by garbagedick » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:54 am

I setup a trade via PM with 0mie, and that started back on March 20th. It's April 29th and He has received my part of the trade, but I still do not have my item or tracking number. I have contacted him several times through PM on the boards and personal email, he has responded extremely sparingly and under no circumstances has he been able to provide me with a tracking number. Since he stopped replying back to me I decided to post whats been going on here. I know 0mie has a stellar reputation for sales and trades here, but i am, to the time of this writing, out my part of the trade.

EDIT: he sent it, it came in today
Last edited by garbagedick on Mon May 09, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently looking for the following at boardie-friendly prices;
Android;
Rusty
APK 2008

Futurama;
Hyper Chicken
Blue Zoidberg 6 inch

kitman34

Post by kitman34 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Posted on the "Looking to Buy" on 4/1 for Azteca 2 Mariachi.
On 4/3, Omie PM me saying that he has the dunny I'm looking for and asking for $45. I PM him to agree on price. I sent payment thru PayPal to him of $45 on 4/3.
On 4/4, Omie replied that he received the payment.
On 4/11, I PM him and asked if he had sent the Mariachi. He replied saying that his grandma was in the hospital and he wasn't home. He said sorry for the delay.
So I trusted him and I said that's okay.
On 4/22, I PM him again and asked if he had sent the Mariachi. Omie replied "thought my gf sent it out, since I was cleaning my collection and I only have 4 yellow and 1 black...2 of which are from my collection, I am guessing she didn't send them out like I asked. I will refund your money, or I can send you the 2 yellow and any 2 other dunnys."
On 4/23, I replied "Omie, Just refund it. I can't wait any longer. I needed these to be customized."

Today is May 1, Omie still hasn't replied to my PM since 4/22.

Awesome Customizer: Rsinart, FAS, WuzOne and UNCLE
Trusted Boardie: Nicocato, geoffcuddy, TiredChildren, adik.na.chinoy

Items for sale

ellafricka

Post by ellafricka » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:41 pm

I have a question on trading etiquette.

I agreed on a trade while I was out of the house, but when I got home and looked up the value of what I was offering against what I would be receiving, I realized I'd be taking a pretty big loss. Is it wrong for me to counter-offer on the trade in order to make it fair for both parties? No money/items have been exchanged at all, it was all in discussion.

I ask because I feel bad for reneging on what I offered, but I wasn't prepared to take a $30 loss (yes I know, in the grand scheme it's not a lot of money, but I have a very young collection and it was for one of my better pieces)
Visit my Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36339263@N08/

Good Dealings With:
Trade: nvs, spooky_squirrel, DrewBlood, mavxb3
Sold-to: b45uq, endo24, rjxdang, LarryPink

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 pm

ellafricka wrote:I have a question on trading etiquette.

I agreed on a trade while I was out of the house, but when I got home and looked up the value of what I was offering against what I would be receiving, I realized I'd be taking a pretty big loss. Is it wrong for me to counter-offer on the trade in order to make it fair for both parties? No money/items have been exchanged at all, it was all in discussion.

I ask because I feel bad for reneging on what I offered, but I wasn't prepared to take a $30 loss (yes I know, in the grand scheme it's not a lot of money, but I have a very young collection and it was for one of my better pieces)

if you thought the trade was worth it at first, and now you're going off ebay prices or something like that, it would be lame to re-negotiate...but that's just an opinion. I'd say go with your first instinct and do the OG trade that felt good for both parties. Good Karma goes a long way.
People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)

ellafricka

Post by ellafricka » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:58 pm

fail2evolve wrote:
ellafricka wrote:I have a question on trading etiquette.

if you thought the trade was worth it at first, and now you're going off ebay prices or something like that, it would be lame to re-negotiate...but that's just an opinion. I'd say go with your first instinct and do the OG trade that felt good for both parties. Good Karma goes a long way.

Thanks for the advice. In the end I realized I had kind of jumped the gun in terms of offering a piece I really didn't want to part with, but I gave the other party some options and we worked out a deal that's making us both happy! Happy traders rock! :rock:
Visit my Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36339263@N08/

Good Dealings With:
Trade: nvs, spooky_squirrel, DrewBlood, mavxb3
Sold-to: b45uq, endo24, rjxdang, LarryPink

igbid

Post by igbid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:29 pm

i bought 20 dunnys from kidrobotNY and they came thrown in a bubble mailer which scuffed them all up, most didn't have cards or accessories, and 3 of them were poorly primed with the arms ripped off. when i contacted him about at least getting a refund on the primed ones he basically told me to F&*K off because of all the great transactions he's had here.

" I been in this forum for years and you are my first complaint. I've shipped out a bunch already and everyone has been more than happy with what they got. All I have to say to you is don't expect much for $4 dunnys"

thanks kidrobotNY!

kidrobotNY

Post by kidrobotNY » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Did not say to f*** off so get your facts straight. I clearly stated that if I had the cards/ accessories I would throw them in which I did. I believe in my post I stated that please don't ask me for which ones you are getting as I am just getting rid of them. Sorry I couldn't throw in a golden ticket huck gee for you, not sure what you were expecting for $4 a piece. Stop complaining as you took the chance (same as a blind box) at buying 20 of them. So you would go to KR and ask for a refund because you didn't like what you got?

Have a good one.

NYC.Parce

Post by NYC.Parce » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:09 pm

kidrobotNY wrote:Did not say to f*** off so get your facts straight. I clearly stated that if I had the cards/ accessories I would throw them in which I did. I believe in my post I stated that please don't ask me for which ones you are getting as I am just getting rid of them. Sorry I couldn't throw in a golden ticket huck gee for you, not sure what you were expecting for $4 a piece. Stop complaining as you took the chance (same as a blind box) at buying 20 of them. So you would go to KR and ask for a refund because you didn't like what you got?

Have a good one.

brings up a good point
I mean I bought a few off him a few weeks ago and they were more than fine.
4 bux is pretty cheap per dunny.....be thankful that hes hookin you up with a price like that.....afterall thats why you bought 20 no?
Wants- Kaws !!!
Lemme know^^^^- I'll trade + cash!!!

I have all of this up for trade for kaws items
(mostly kaws items in this list)

viewtopic.php?p=1754733

al11588

Post by al11588 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:20 pm

i also bought the $4 dunnys from kidrobotny and no problems here, not sure why you would risk buying 20 dunnys when he said he just getting rid of them (even in RED!) .. thanks krny A++
http://www.myspace.com/al11588
http://www.twitter.com/al11588

Kidrobot Genius

Good Sellers/Buyers: KidrobotNY,LabbitHutch,tommyroks,cahrowline,graydon55.

Friends List:
,Bo0oYaH,Misterine,XtoyxboyX,Nismo and ItzBigant.

My Life:Majoring Computer Science,Audio Engineer/Artist.

igbid

Post by igbid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:41 pm

buying good dunnys blind is not the same as buying garbage for cheap. there isn't a dunny in the bunch that any board member would pay $4 for if they were in mint condition with all packaging, as a collector yeah i took a risk hoping to fill a few holes in my collection, and i knew that i would not receive anything rare or valuable but i expected them to be in good condition not garbage and i don't think that's too much to ask. if he's such a great guy why doesn't he just send a refund and i'll return them at my expense.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:06 am

put some pics up of the really bad ones so we can see. But $4 bucks is cheap n a good deal but at least they should have arms just opinion but still good deal.

Check my transactions here
My dealings

igbid

Post by igbid » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:29 am

here you go anyone defending kidrobotNY want to buy these for $4 each?

http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n52 ... dunnys.jpg

kidrobotNY

Post by kidrobotNY » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:47 am

You do realize all the arms are there. The arms came off during shipment because they are for you to easily customize and put them back on the dunny. You are seriously complaining about $4 dunnys? You are in the wrong hobby dude. :partyman:

NYC.Parce

Post by NYC.Parce » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:58 am

man those are perfect to customize
I got one or two like that as well and saw it as an opportunity for a great custom, you cant be judging so harshly for something so cheap...

im sure all the other dunnys you got were perfect anyways which you probably plan on reselling.....so you can use that profit to make up for those 2 dunnys you are unhappy with...
Wants- Kaws !!!

viewtopic.php?p=1754733

igbid

Post by igbid » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:02 am

then what's the problem just refund my money and i will return them at my expence. i'm unhappy, you can't understand why i'm unhappy, but i feel ripped off. unless you know there's not a chance in hell you will be able to sell them again, just refund me you'll get these great dunnys and i'll get my money back we'll have a compromise. lesson learned for us both.

kidrobotNY

Post by kidrobotNY » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:09 am

Alrighty man send the 3 back and I will send the refund =] see if i were a scammer like the rest of the people in this thread I would have just left you in the dust

can't please them all....

NYC.Parce

Post by NYC.Parce » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:12 am

honestly if it was me I would have just not responded to this annoying guy....

KRNY Lemme buy them off you once you get em back, as soon as I saw the picture I got something in mind for a custom..... ;)

its gonna be good
Wants- Kaws !!!

viewtopic.php?p=1754733

igbid

Post by igbid » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:46 am

ok they're on their way back tomorrow.

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:18 pm

NYC.Parce wrote:
kidrobotNY wrote:Did not say to f*** off so get your facts straight. I clearly stated that if I had the cards/ accessories I would throw them in which I did. I believe in my post I stated that please don't ask me for which ones you are getting as I am just getting rid of them. Sorry I couldn't throw in a golden ticket huck gee for you, not sure what you were expecting for $4 a piece. Stop complaining as you took the chance (same as a blind box) at buying 20 of them. So you would go to KR and ask for a refund because you didn't like what you got?

Have a good one.

brings up a good point
I mean I bought a few off him a few weeks ago and they were more than fine.
4 bux is pretty cheap per dunny.....be thankful that hes hookin you up with a price like that.....afterall thats why you bought 20 no?

wrong. unless those were sold as custom fodder, they are awful for the price paid. Absolutely awful. I just sent nikejerk 18 dunnys in trade, and none of them looked this awful.

xkaokaox

Post by xkaokaox » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:29 pm

I think you should've put somewhere on your thread that some dunnys have been primed. Not everyone who purchases vinyl toys are able to customize them. take me for example. I can't even draw stick figures :D

Anyways if you were to send him 20 identical dunnys, he would have no right to complain because that was the risk he was willing to take.

However sending a primed dunny is something you should have mentioned in your thread. From just reading your sales post, the thought of receiving a primed dunny did not even cross my mind.

Excellent transactions with: zonrboy, wingnut80, haggard, iggy4mayor, tvdang, eghatch93, car,
Fifizzle, NinJaSkills (T), Ash_KBear (S), resuri (T), cublydolls, jtoki, CurseTheSeen, DrewJ (T), FericFanatic, zbakes, egg_robot (S), QNguyen (S)

Pending transactions: ~

J*RYU's Sanctum Dunny (King of the Boards)

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 am

yea i feel u Kao i can deal with reg cheap 4 dollar dunnys cause ur taking the chance but he should have said in what state the other dunnys where in.

Check my transactions here
My dealings