forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm 

Though I joined a few years ago (to get up on long time storage of my collection), I am still very new IMO and just recently got into dunnys. I know a lot of you know what an item looks like when the artist's name and year are given. Newer people like me may not have a clue so the included images with the for sale posts are very handy. The only time I come across some issues is when there are several items in a picture. The list of items included with the picture can sometimes leave a question as to which item is what. Sometimes I can search online and match an item to its name, but with customs that is very hard to do sometimes. Maybe it would be helpful (and I have seen some people do this already) to include identifiers in the picture (i.e. 1, 2, 3) that can be used so new people know that #1 is Huck Gee and #2 is Chuckboy, etc.

My Collection - http://trampt.com/h/schultzy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:37 pm 

schultzy wrote:
Though I joined a few years ago (to get up on long time storage of my collection), I am still very new IMO and just recently got into dunnys. I know a lot of you know what an item looks like when the artist's name and year are given. Newer people like me may not have a clue so the included images with the for sale posts are very handy. The only time I come across some issues is when there are several items in a picture. The list of items included with the picture can sometimes leave a question as to which item is what. Sometimes I can search online and match an item to its name, but with customs that is very hard to do sometimes. Maybe it would be helpful (and I have seen some people do this already) to include identifiers in the picture (i.e. 1, 2, 3) that can be used so new people know that #1 is Huck Gee and #2 is Chuckboy, etc.

I second this! I am new to the KidRobot world and am trying to build my collection, as well.

Great sellers: thundrstrk, Xmeat11ballX, goddamnanalog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:51 am 

i have a question regarding trading...i figured this would be the best place to put it...but what's the best way for a smooth trade? bc can't one person ship while the other doesn't? i'm fairly new and bought something from a boardie but I think trading can be kind of tricky

Fifizzle, purple_alice, reactor 88, HiCeeVee, LuckyKid19, lui, busizem718, krash, excite, NinJaSkills, bluegreenkey, MADCOW, the naked one, uneekstyle, Crushgroove, babykid, cublydolls, eckotyper, Merlin, DrewBlood, Dank82, Amethystcape, therealmc, paulzdeep, Masago15, snowdragon101, Robo-Ohno, turdhole, adk80k, Salamander, redcumgum Ak4play, ElliotV, jecs

Successful Trades with:
Ash_KBear

Want list:
Huck Gee 2011 Zombie Hunter
Brandt Peters Dead Bunny
Luke Chueh Possessed

Instagram: kid_rico_7
Twitter: kid_rico_7
Trampt: http://trampt.com/u/KidRico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:27 am 

Is there a place to check prices? I don't want to be that guy that posts in the wrong place and upsets everyone. I saw a dunny thread for it, but nowhere else for non dunny stuff.

My Sales: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=183742

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=217335

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/obsessedwithvinyl/have

INSTAGRAM: rg808

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 am 

There is a price check thread but people do not answer too much it seems . . .
anyway, here you go:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83288&start=1125

WTB: My Wants: Atelier G-1 Hedorah (Blobpus tide versions), TxT Clear Helper
For sale/trade: GID Biskup Rangeas, 8" OKI NI Evil Invader, 3" Blonde Tilt, Dalek Gosho (yellow), Black Lapin, Tragnark Golem (both)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:34 am 

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

My Sales: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=183742

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=217335

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/obsessedwithvinyl/have

INSTAGRAM: rg808

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 pm 

i really, really, really wish there was a separate forum for custom sales vs. production sales.

The Good: mistachael, rice_money, twentytwo, paul, haggard, sbs4me, OralePincheBatman, jaxx, henry17s, pdotcool, ohiheartyoux, Freakinkram88, Ch0sen0ne, Ash_KBear, jjH8te, 1v1artin, mashumaromatt, 666doll, realtyguy808, Towlie420, =DuNnYnNuD=, reactor88, henchman, dopevinyl, MiggaWhaat, trvsxwedx, izzy, DrewBlood, tweeder422, adik.na.chinoy, TO_designs, APsychoCareBear, Pezhead23, waSd, (nice dream), purple_alice, aruss, nypedestrian, Exforge, Mikewm1985, FistfulOfBunnies, toyzinmyattik, greggygreg, Tjsays, xxclandestinexx, LuckyKid19, Stonesoup75, call_me_diamond, noname27, griffndunn, frankthefish, w33zy16, Chinaman101, Joyride, DanForbes, Ozmax, chenreaction, Almightymalikai, VenomAT

The Bad: Enforcer, Tbo

The Ugly: 2013 SDCC JPK Dunny

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 pm 

Are you still looking for Hazmapos? I have the pink one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:41 am 

Hey guys,

I'm new here and have been reading up on the rules etc so i can look at parting with a few of my duplicate figures/collections but I have one specific question that I can't seem to find an answer to;

How does one find the 'value' of something?

For example I have 2 complete Futurama Series 1 collections - all in box with accessories - just no foil bags. Ive considered selling for a while now so I've looked at the BIN prices on EBay and can safely assume £10 for most of the figures but what about my Sal/Robot Devil/Slurms figures? I have no idea what they are worth and if I can't take offers then how do I find out?

Help!!!

Trim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:44 am 

... and as my post posted I notice a previous similar query/answer with a 'price check' thread mentioned - I shall have a peruse...

Trim

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:00 pm 

Kingly Decay wrote:
coasterbear wrote:
I am perfectly happy to discuss a "no flipping" rule.

Please post suggestions for a definition of flipping. It has to be objective so that it can be applied clearly and uniformly to all sales. And it has to be simple because people are so good at following directions.

The definition of a flipper in my signature makes it pretty clear cut (It's from Wikipedia or something). The amount of time between the transactions seems to be the defining point so the collectors who want to see a profit from their collection investments are in the clear.

Someone pointed out that flipping is okay because the prices are determined by whether or not there is someone out there that's willing to pay the flipper's price. Which is true but my concern with allowing flippers to flourish here is when the practice becomes so rampant that a large majority of a release is bought by flippers in anticipation of what they can make on it. This causes the collectors to buy at the flipper's price because they couldn't get to the item before the flippers bought them all out.

What you just said reminded me of the dynamic between employees and companies that hired them. When I worked at a grocery store, my employers attitude was that if no one wanted to pay their low was, their didn't have to accept their job offers, just like flippers think tht if people don't want to pay their high prices, the collectors don't have to buy toys from them. Before the economy got jacked up, Most people who were new hires wouldn't stay at stores long because they figured the bs they had to tolerate wasn't worth the measly pay, and at the time, this was starting to panic the owners of that company. They were only keeping people who had been their forever, like me. We stuck around because we were not getting screwed on pay. We were on a different pay scale that was the result of a time when Wal-Mart didn't exist. Then when WM screwed everything up with their cheap prices and cheap labour, grocery companies tried to start paying as little as they could to their employees. The Unions stepped in to stop it from happening which resulted in a two-teir payment system, which, over time, caused less people to hang around that were new. The economy went to heck. Now, it doesn't matter if you have a ton of retail experience. Everyone now gets away with paying very little because there are not enough jobs.

People don't realize how bad Wal-Mart screwed up the world but it's totally true. Kroger is the only company that has the buying power that Wal-Mart does when it comes to groceries. They can buy the most, so they get the best deals, lower their prices more than they should be, then force everyone else to start cutting super low deals, which results in less profit for everyone, which trickles down to employees getting paid less because no CEO is willing to except a smaller paycheck for themselves. You through in the raising cost of gas, which cause vendors to raise their prices, which forces the stores to raise theirs, it gets really ugly.

It's a messed up wold we live in. Keep in mind, that the flippers are taking a risk when they decided to hoard stuff with the intention of gouging others when they sell it. Right now, for example, there about 10 Kaws dissected figures on ebay going for about $500 each. I could buy up them all right now, but that's a $5,000 dollar investment. To make it worth my while I would have to flip those for $550-&600 each... but what if interest suddenly and unexpectedly drops off? A lot of people complain that Kaws repeats himself to much and they are getting tired of it, so his longterm appeal may be contingent on the strength of his appeal to new art fans that haven't seen his stuff before. It could go either way. Tastes change over time. It's kinda hard to hate on people for being smart enough to realize a solid investment when they see. Money is hard to say no to nowadays, especially if you get it to come easily. I don't know about you but I hate working in retail for a large company. I lost my job and now even if I want to go back to that line of work I would make half of what I used to because of the situation I described.

This flipping thing seems like a good idea for the flippers. Last night I was convinced I was gonna start flipping. This came out of a frustration of not being able to get my hands on a Skullendario. Their is an extremely nice and intelligent boardie here that has Skulledndendario, which she will trade for skelves. She won't take cash though, only skelves because wants then as desperately as I want the Skullendarios. So this automatically leads to me looking at skelves on ebay, even though i ersinally don't want to own a skelve. so I start thinking " hey, i will just start hoarding all the skelves and she will be my bi+ch" [I personally don't see why she can't just gouge me for the Skullendario, which I would tolerate, and then she can afford to go pay the high prices for those skelves but whatever].

Then, this morning, when I added up what it would cost for me to buy up all the skelves, Tara McPherson 20" dunnys and Kaws figures, I realized that I could take that same amount of money and produce my own toy that I designed. Then I realized that being a flipper might cause others to get pissed at me. I don't want that kind of stigma... but making your own toy is a huge risk. People might hate on you for sucking. If I had zero talent, becoming a flipper would be no brainer for me.

Collectors tend to only buy what is popular or hyped up just like flippers. It takes balls to be an artist and try to live of off it. Being a flipper takes not talent. Most people are not artistically inclined, which is why good art costs so much, and people who don't make much can't afford to pay the prices the flippers are asking for.

If you see a struggling art you like give them money, seriously. Stop buying Obey and Rebel 8 prints that are super simple to draw yourself. Help out people with cool ideas. Give constructive critiques but don't crush them in the process because you are offended the are asking money for their viewpoint which you don't particularly find asthetically[sp?] appealling.

I am so high right now. I am probably talking out of my wazoo. Lemon Lime Kush is nice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 pm 

ch0sen0ne wrote:
i have a question regarding trading...i figured this would be the best place to put it...but what's the best way for a smooth trade? bc can't one person ship while the other doesn't? i'm fairly new and bought something from a boardie but I think trading can be kind of tricky

I have the same question, apologies if it's been answered elsewhere.

I have a load of dupes that I'm hoping to trade, but how do you make sure both parties can trade with confidence?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:38 am 

schultzy wrote:

I am the same at the moment and need pictures so I know what set etc the piece is from.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 pm 

Steve The Recycler wrote:
This flipping thing seems like a good idea for the flippers

I am so high right now. I am probably talking out of my wazoo. Lemon Lime Kush is nice.

hahaha i lol'd so hard after reading this

Positive Feedback- FistFullofBunnies(traded), Graf-Toyz, Brainiak76, Ezramyl, Salamander, Wyldaxe (traded), Ghost (traded), CasperNY (traded, x2), Typicalstereo (traded), Jmiller805 (on CAD, x2), Gorilla (on SB), Brenda (on SB, x2), Treblemdk, Vapdee, Hellopike (on SB), Earthglass, Uberboober, Noname27 (traded), C.feng, Jonnyboi017, Bundleofjon, hellscrape (+ lots more I couldnt keep up with!)
IG: mesooohoppy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 pm 

kat820 wrote:
ch0sen0ne wrote:

I have the same question, apologies if it's been answered elsewhere.

I have a load of dupes that I'm hoping to trade, but how do you make sure both parties can trade with confidence?

what have you got to trade? :D

and since your 'new' and dont have any feedback, your pretty much going to get the sort end of the sick until you get some positive feedback. by that i mean your going to have to ship first (most likely). BUT no fear, if you just choose someone on here with some positive feedback you will more than likely be fine. i am not really comfortable shipping stuff at the same time, until i came here. for the most part, everyone on here is freakin awesome and trustworthy. you dont get that on a whole lot of online communities.

look around in peoples sigs and see who posts a decent amount, then you will get a feel for whos who around here.

Positive Feedback- FistFullofBunnies(traded), Graf-Toyz, Brainiak76, Ezramyl, Salamander, Wyldaxe (traded), Ghost (traded), CasperNY (traded, x2), Typicalstereo (traded), Jmiller805 (on CAD, x2), Gorilla (on SB), Brenda (on SB, x2), Treblemdk, Vapdee, Hellopike (on SB), Earthglass, Uberboober, Noname27 (traded), C.feng, Jonnyboi017, Bundleofjon, hellscrape (+ lots more I couldnt keep up with!)
IG: mesooohoppy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:35 pm 

Is it just me or have the prices on these forums gone way up? I swear I can find better deals most of the time on ebay, its honestly to the point where I find these boards and ebay no different. It's kinda sad but I guess it was bound to happen with all the flippers, just seems like there is not much point anymore. At least on ebay my chances of getting scammed are slightly less.

In all honesty I just wanted to get this out, I dont really believe anything will change just needed to vent a little.

-CasperNY- -Finnrcw- -theOutlaw- -therealchinaman- -geescube-

LTB http://trampt.com/users/Scrow/want

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 am 

Steve The Recycler wrote:
Kingly Decay wrote:
coasterbear wrote:
I am perfectly happy to discuss a "no flipping" rule.

Please post suggestions for a definition of flipping. It has to be objective so that it can be applied clearly and uniformly to all sales. And it has to be simple because people are so good at following directions.

The definition of a flipper in my signature makes it pretty clear cut (It's from Wikipedia or something). The amount of time between the transactions seems to be the defining point so the collectors who want to see a profit from their collection investments are in the clear.

Someone pointed out that flipping is okay because the prices are determined by whether or not there is someone out there that's willing to pay the flipper's price. Which is true but my concern with allowing flippers to flourish here is when the practice becomes so rampant that a large majority of a release is bought by flippers in anticipation of what they can make on it. This causes the collectors to buy at the flipper's price because they couldn't get to the item before the flippers bought them all out.

What you just said reminded me of the dynamic between employees and companies that hired them. When I worked at a grocery store, my employers attitude was that if no one wanted to pay their low was, their didn't have to accept their job offers, just like flippers think tht if people don't want to pay their high prices, the collectors don't have to buy toys from them. Before the economy got jacked up, Most people who were new hires wouldn't stay at stores long because they figured the bs they had to tolerate wasn't worth the measly pay, and at the time, this was starting to panic the owners of that company. They were only keeping people who had been their forever, like me. We stuck around because we were not getting screwed on pay. We were on a different pay scale that was the result of a time when Wal-Mart didn't exist. Then when WM screwed everything up with their cheap prices and cheap labour, grocery companies tried to start paying as little as they could to their employees. The Unions stepped in to stop it from happening which resulted in a two-teir payment system, which, over time, caused less people to hang around that were new. The economy went to heck. Now, it doesn't matter if you have a ton of retail experience. Everyone now gets away with paying very little because there are not enough jobs.

People don't realize how bad Wal-Mart screwed up the world but it's totally true. Kroger is the only company that has the buying power that Wal-Mart does when it comes to groceries. They can buy the most, so they get the best deals, lower their prices more than they should be, then force everyone else to start cutting super low deals, which results in less profit for everyone, which trickles down to employees getting paid less because no CEO is willing to except a smaller paycheck for themselves. You through in the raising cost of gas, which cause vendors to raise their prices, which forces the stores to raise theirs, it gets really ugly.

It's a messed up wold we live in. Keep in mind, that the flippers are taking a risk when they decided to hoard stuff with the intention of gouging others when they sell it. Right now, for example, there about 10 Kaws dissected figures on ebay going for about $500 each. I could buy up them all right now, but that's a $5,000 dollar investment. To make it worth my while I would have to flip those for $550-&600 each... but what if interest suddenly and unexpectedly drops off? A lot of people complain that Kaws repeats himself to much and they are getting tired of it, so his longterm appeal may be contingent on the strength of his appeal to new art fans that haven't seen his stuff before. It could go either way. Tastes change over time. It's kinda hard to hate on people for being smart enough to realize a solid investment when they see. Money is hard to say no to nowadays, especially if you get it to come easily. I don't know about you but I hate working in retail for a large company. I lost my job and now even if I want to go back to that line of work I would make half of what I used to because of the situation I described.

This flipping thing seems like a good idea for the flippers. Last night I was convinced I was gonna start flipping. This came out of a frustration of not being able to get my hands on a Skullendario. Their is an extremely nice and intelligent boardie here that has Skulledndendario, which she will trade for skelves. She won't take cash though, only skelves because wants then as desperately as I want the Skullendarios. So this automatically leads to me looking at skelves on ebay, even though i ersinally don't want to own a skelve. so I start thinking " hey, i will just start hoarding all the skelves and she will be my bi+ch" [I personally don't see why she can't just gouge me for the Skullendario, which I would tolerate, and then she can afford to go pay the high prices for those skelves but whatever].

Then, this morning, when I added up what it would cost for me to buy up all the skelves, Tara McPherson 20" dunnys and Kaws figures, I realized that I could take that same amount of money and produce my own toy that I designed. Then I realized that being a flipper might cause others to get pissed at me. I don't want that kind of stigma... but making your own toy is a huge risk. People might hate on you for sucking. If I had zero talent, becoming a flipper would be no brainer for me.

Collectors tend to only buy what is popular or hyped up just like flippers. It takes balls to be an artist and try to live of off it. Being a flipper takes not talent. Most people are not artistically inclined, which is why good art costs so much, and people who don't make much can't afford to pay the prices the flippers are asking for.

If you see a struggling art you like give them money, seriously. Stop buying Obey and Rebel 8 prints that are super simple to draw yourself. Help out people with cool ideas. Give constructive critiques but don't crush them in the process because you are offended the are asking money for their viewpoint which you don't particularly find asthetically[sp?] appealling.

I quoted this just becaiuse I know how long it took to write and wanted to just say "I hear ya bud" <<< in an American accent :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:27 pm 

Yay spam bump >_>

I vote we have a quick reply box.
Under the posted messages in a thread, I'd love to see just a little box like I'm typing in right now for a simple reply
Still have this reply screen of course

My Blog

Awesome Boardies
infinite14 [x2]; shizasta; Potterbarn; liveordunny; tvaddict08; Effeystonem; NiceDream [x3]; DrewBlood [x2]; beccamaihato; =DuNnYnNuD=[x2]; akik.na.chinoy; CasperNY; ianthegamer; djmatth83; starkravinmad; waisicmao; masago15; dopevinyl; nerps [x2]; luckyscm; Pharoahjag; Louhemp007; Exforge; xdrmadnessx; babbage1851; caswuun; Ninjaskills; jandrolex; anthonyce; unseenforces; Reks1; thetvirus; noname27; Salamander; Miss_Vawny; TashaLlama; dxjock; MusicMan02; Enforcer; VapDee; fdot; Rsinart; OJJ; NSTATE; Kool51; YoursoRad; twipz; endoprine; JRDillGC; Jason225; Supershanefx; XSuicide SquadX; el_scorcho; snowdragon101
In Process:
snowdragon101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 pm 

Why does this forum allow people to ask for extra paypal fees?

There is actually a rule on paypal that people cannot ask to charge the extra fee amount.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:37 pm 

trooshot wrote:
Why does this forum allow people to ask for extra paypal fees?

There is actually a rule on paypal that people cannot ask to charge the extra fee amount.

I agree

When you pay by Paypal the seller accepts the charges as in per agreement with Paypal for all goods etc

I've also noticed sellers in the US charging import duty tax, this is tax collected by the UK on the import of the package (Collected by the UK taxman ) not the seller and they charge $60 ..... There is a seller at the moment charging $75 for a white humbug and when you buy it, it takes you to the page where $65 import duty is added and postage of $60 is added so the humbug works out at $185 for a common dunny , you don't know the amount of import duty until it arrives here in the UK it is usually between £8- £23 with an £8 handling charge by the local post office (which I think is a disgrace because you have already paid for them to deliver it so why should there be a charge extra, so even if you pay the seller you still get the handling charge.

the other day I got charged £23 which is $42 or there abouts for a $23 dunny a common because the seller never put gift on the box and paid a $1 less on postage than was required , in the UK we don't pay tax on anything less than $30
but because of his mistake I paid $42 extra so the dunny cost me $72 I could have bought a chase for that.

I am seriously thinking of quit buying from the US and give my hard earned cash to sellers in Europe & in my own country because all I see from every seller lately on the Bay is greed and the need to skim extra dollars for no other reason than the own pure greediness (the dunnys are expensive enough without all the BS they are demanding) In my eyes the US is one bad place to buy from lately

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:58 am 

toys4life2013 wrote:
The boards are a weird place - great for getting some good deals and selling your stuff to other collectors or people who want to flip - it is all good.

I think the Golden Rule always applies - treat others the way you want to be treated!

+1 amen to that man. :partyman:

Pending Transactions:
Pending Commissions:

collection · wishlist · references

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:40 pm 

sgr1000 wrote:
I've also noticed sellers in the US charging import duty tax, this is tax collected by the UK on the import of the package (Collected by the UK taxman ) not the seller and they charge $60 ..... There is a seller at the moment charging $75 for a white humbug and when you buy it, it takes you to the page where $65 import duty is added and postage of $60 is added so the humbug works out at $185 for a common dunny , you don't know the amount of import duty until it arrives here in the UK it is usually between £8- £23 with an £8 handling charge by the local post office (which I think is a disgrace because you have already paid for them to deliver it so why should there be a charge extra, so even if you pay the seller you still get the handling charge.

That's usually not the seller, ebay automatically adds duty tax now on international sales from the US through their new global shipping program. It allows sellers to sell internationally and not worry about seller protection - it uses a 3rd party middle man (US seller sends to this distribution place, they take care of all the necessaries and forward it on to the buyer).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 am 

hi there

i am new here, sam the name , i hail from Malaysia
just got into collecting dunny and fatcap , bearbricks

i find it hard to get my hands on this wonderful items.

since kid robot doesn't ship to Malaysia, i was wondering if you wonderful people were to sell items here , would you consider postage to Malaysia .

thank you
sam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:43 am 

I guess you can get anything anywhere, If I had any excess dunnys I would send them to Malaysia no problem, it is the same as anywhere else in the world. Whether ebay sellers would is another matter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:05 pm 

Can't post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next