forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:40 am 

personally, I don't think flipping should be outright banned.. sometimes that's the only way anyone not living in the city a release happens at has even a slim chance of getting one..
exclusives like that encourage flipping (Miami Huck, Lava Bunny, whatever).

Who determines what "flipping" is exactly anyway?
Would a 2-weeks-after-release window satisfy everyone or just encourage the barrage of sellers to show up then?

Personally, I think we need to leave what goes up for sale alone, but restrict who can sell and when, as I stated in a previous post in one of the Miami Huck sales threads...
new members have to:
1. wait 3-6 months before they can sell anything
2. have a certain post count so that they are participating in the community

there are still going to be the qwerty's and Her Hero/custom's that were semi-regulars who ended up just being here to screw with people, but they were fewer and farther between than what we have now..

Most of all people, we need to stop the negativity!!
THAT's what's going to hurt the community more than anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:26 pm 

I agree, there is no need to make a no flipping rule...

The best way is to ignore these flipper threads and whenever someone is willing to pay the price, so let it be! The threads wouldn't be all time on the top when the true collectors stop telling people they are not wanted here.

C'MON PEOPLE JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE AND IGNORE THEM!!!

On the other hand if you only allow people to sell after they have been 3 months or even more on the board, some opportunities to get some rare or old stuff would pass...in my case Dunny S1 score. And I got it for a very reasonable price!!!

I judge from case to case and how people respond to my PMs. And ignore the threads like miami huck flipping. [-(
My time is just way too valuable to get angry about flippers or even post in their threads! [-X

Maybe a kind of statement/manifest about the ethics of collecting and when dealing with other peoples etc., sticked on top of the forum make people reconsider to flip here on the board! I guess the majority of the members would "sign" something like this in a heartbeat!

cheers

my flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:30 pm 

muschelschubser wrote:

The best way is to ignore these flipper threads and whenever someone is willing to pay the price, so let it be! The threads wouldn't be all time on the top when the true collectors stop telling people they are not wanted here.

On the other hand if you only allow people to sell after they have been 3 months or even more on the board, some opportunities to get some rare or old stuff would pass...in my case Dunny S1 score. And I got it for a very reasonable price!!!

I judge from case to case and how people respond to my PMs. And ignore the threads like miami huck flipping. [-(
My time is just way too valuable to get angry about flippers or even post in their threads! [-X

Maybe a kind of statement/manifest about the ethics of collecting and when dealing with other peoples etc., sticked on top of the forum make people reconsider to flip here on the board! I guess the majority of the members would "sign" something like this in a heartbeat!

cheers

Couldn't have said it better myself. If a flipper's price is too high for you, move along. Banning flipping isn't going to get you any closer to obtaining that rare item for cheap. Flipper's will continue to flip, considerate sellers will continue being considerate. All these "STFU" and "GTFO" replies in the flipper's threads only help in bumping their sale to the top of the page.

Perhaps one solution might be for sales of a flipped item to be confined to 1 "official" thread (ex. make 1 thread for those who want to buy and sell the Miami Huck) and everyone can post all the flips, "STFU"s and "GTFO"s they want in that one master thread. Any flipper posting outside the master thread gets their thread deleted.

My Heat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 pm 

muschelschubser wrote:

thritto here. I understand the resentment to flippers but if someone is willing to pay the price, they will, if not, then the seller's stuck... the market will support only what a buyer is willing to pay... and who are we to judge what that price may be?

I don't post much but enjoy browsing (aka buying... haha!). If I wasn't able to BST when I first joined, or had to have a minimum post count, I wouldn't be here... of course, I buy mostly but still...

-Yummy Donuts... GID

Thumbs up: kidrobotNY, mzkayDi, Bo0oYaH, tehlilone, leen619, louleeboo, c483125117, RoyalFlush911, BleedingEgg [if I forgot you pls PM!!!]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:02 pm 

How about a BST for ONLY Dunny's and then one for everything else??

I hate having to sort through 8,000,000 Dunny sale threads to find something I might actually be interested in... :neutral:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:38 pm 

i dont think there is anyway to regulate it. Somebody that bought an item for high dollar and then wants to sell it. They would have to sell it for a high price, unless they wanted to lose money. Would that be flipping? I dont think you can tell if someone is doing that or someone's buying stuff for cheap then turning right around and jacking the price up 10 fold.

We, the buyer, should educate ourselves on prices so we dont get taken advantage of.

Good deals with: iccdp, gogi, Metatron1050(2), BleedingEgg, DeanoMeano, Maki Maki(3), c483125117, louleeboo, kngwiz, Ubersauze.J, tvsinny, dunquixote, TungTLe, uhmski, AJB603, bboyilluminati6, just1nj, HorribleHeizer, mzkayDi, FericFanatic(3), djmerge1, djfohm(2), justsusy, =DuNnYnNuD=, ceejay, TheFuzzyBear, killwhitey, Dunn Da-Da, bk_bk, SecurityGeek, o_kedoki, bubblegumking, c-money(2), AKBAPE, contra808, jceballo, saiko, ontheDL, joemm, JRUSS, sgolby, djtomain, Nicocato, apeboy, j0nwalsh, sinkFLsink, apeboy, drownedpepo, maxdoesitwell, raajr187, jay_spec, ndomiano, +more

20% off Boundless NY: Rep Code 26c132

Post subject: feedback
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:39 pm 

I'm a newb here (and i believe this is my first post), and noticed something that i'd like to make a suggestion to.

I find that the feedback system here is quite interesting actually. I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but one of the first things i look at in a forum is how it keeps track of scammers and who the good guys are. The last thing i want to be doing is dealing with an untrustworthy member. Since i'm new here, i don't have a grasp on how exactly the feedback process works (although i've read the sticky and it doesn't seem to be too complicated), but it looks like Eckotyper who maintains the feedback system needs to filter through all the comments and basically when there is a dispute, someone needs to deem whether a + or - is given. I think Eckotyper (or any memeber for that matter) would probably appreciate his time spent elsewhere rather than reading these comments that doesn't have anything to do with him really.

I'd like to suggest a couple options for improvement:

1) Sign up for "heatware". It's an account that allows anyone (with a heatware account) to leave you feedback. You can be from another forum, eg. I frequent many different forums, although I'm a newb here at KR forums, that doesn't take away from me being a reliable person to deal with, as can be atested to by my feedback that can be seen at heatware. In a heatware account, a person provides the info linking a certain username @ a certain forum, and when feedback is left, you get to choose which forum it was that you had dealt with the user. You'll see that in my account that my username is 'j3tang' at the 'redflagdeals[dot]com' forum, while it is 'jtang' @ 'howardforums[dot]com' .. etc. and feedback can be traced to which forum i made contact with that other person.

With that said, i understand not everyone deals with online transactions a lot and so not everyone wants to sign up for one of these accounts. You can see a sample of heatware in my signature.

2) another option is to have a look at the 'howardforums' link in my signature. The way feedback is handled there is that each member (if they chose to), creates a thread in the feedback subforum using their username as the title. Everyone who has dealt with them before, will leave feedback as a reply in that thread that way, this keeps track of conversations in disputes/thumbs-up. This will then be available to everyone to judge for themselves whether they want to deal with this user, without having a middleman deem whether the user deserves a + or a -. I actually feel that this method is somewhat better because of the availability of comments/disputes for everyone to see, although it's not as integrated as Heatware.

Thanks for reading through this long-winded first post of mine.
Hope it can offer some insight, if not, either way, i'm still glad to be part of yet another expensive hobbie community :)

not cool: just1nj

Post subject: Trades
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:12 am 

I am looking to trade some things - where should I put this? Sale or Looking to buy? I don't want to open two threads, but I have the feeling that some people miss something if they do not check both categories.

Any Idea?

Post subject: Re: Trades
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:45 am 

a.tom wrote:
I am looking to trade some things - where should I put this? Sale or Looking to buy? I don't want to open two threads, but I have the feeling that some people miss something if they do not check both categories.

Any Idea?

Either place, but not both at the same time. Put it up in one forum, wait until it fades away, then try the other. (How long to wait? I'd say a week with no new responses would be appropriate.)

If you post in the Sales forum, please structure your post as "Here's what I have to trade, and here's what I'm looking for." List the trade items in the subject.

If you post in the Buying forum, structure as "Here's what I'm looking for, and here's what I have to trade for it." List what you're looking for in the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:51 am 

i've seen itrader rating system in place on other forums...kr should really think about implementing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:22 pm 

Not sure if it has been suggested before but any chance we could have seperate forums for selling art, vinyl and misc items? Just an idea!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:26 pm 

it would be nice if we had to include prices when posting WTB, it's just the reverse of WTS and we have to list selling prices. Not sure if that makes sense... Kind of annoying when you pm someone to let them know you have what they are looking for, say it's a $20 item, and they say cool I'll give you $5. Kind of a waste of time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:34 am 

Make and post rules before enforcing them. If thats not to much to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:51 pm 

Slack wrote:
it would be nice if we had to include prices when posting WTB, it's just the reverse of WTS and we have to list selling prices. Not sure if that makes sense... Kind of annoying when you pm someone to let them know you have what they are looking for, say it's a $20 item, and they say cool I'll give you $5. Kind of a waste of time...

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:29 pm 

Bo0oYaH wrote:
Slack wrote:

+1

+2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:34 am 

Samurai Lincoln wrote:
Make and post rules before enforcing them. If thats not to much to ask.

I assume this is in reference to ecko deleting your sales thread. The description of this forum says,
Quote:
Collectors can sell items related to the art, toy, and apparel community. Note: professional sellers and stores are strictly forbidden from posting here. PLEASE READ THE RULES!
I don't know how much clearer you could want it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:43 pm 

hey guys..... i think the most important thing we should do it compile a listing of bad seller.... so people are aware of them and should not buy from them..... the ones who never ships or scams.

[ Added: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:30 pm ]
Seller alert - ballaholyk84 . I have not receive item from him, Item purchased on 4/9/2008. Thanks!

orlowone, Tealady, Aka-Man, lalolo, yakitori832, onyxturtle, heebysdaman, Plasticman, rawbean, hu8o, nookbrooke, midnight26man, LeonSpinks, soliddawn, dbfree, toymastah, inksofmemories, internfob, scapedknee, bluegreenkey, danb, yates, DL83, Paska, elevatedflow, fallen, ohhthosesharks, becc0, Alaina, jromonkey, HaHaAjp, kidrobot miami, BHKidRobotNYC, riddlped, flatland333, timselF, Lap1-, Omgitsacow

Sellers:
tunatuva, highland19, buddhaheadz, hankist, ChefJt, flabby, PhageRanger, vinylstudent, clutter maz, mzkayDi, zombiemonkie

Beware Seller List:
Wizeguy, dunquixote

My Selling List:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21340081@N08

Want: shawnimals ,S2 Syrup Blob, business ninjas (big version)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:31 am 

I think it would be nice if folks started to mention (when they sell mini-figs) if they ship items in a box or padded envelope.

It never used to be an issue in the old days, as it seemed everyone shipped in boxes regardless of how small the item was they were selling. Now it seems that it's about 50/50 whether or not the item shows up all smushed in a padded envelope or mint in a nice box.

I now will ask folks ahead of time, but it would be nice to avoid the extra PMs back and forth if it would just be stated in the beginning...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:03 pm 

Hey coasterbear;

Is there an upper limit on price on sale items? F'rinstance; Kaws stuff. Would that be better off on the bay?
Tanks,
der pixel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:43 am 

No, no upper limit...we've had things sell in the 1000's here...

Post subject: annoying selling posts?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 pm 

Hey its getting annoying that ppl, well, looks like buisness posting on the sales thread... user sales03 is posting about cell phone parts...er ok? i just wanna see threads about art, toys & clothing that pertains to this culture.

I Want:
Tara LA & S4
OG White Possessed
White/Grey Mad Ninja Hoodie XXL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:22 am 

its basically spam, well it IS spam, guess just have to let it fall.
think some rules need to be enforced better though, such as listing prices, not having multiple sale thread etc

Top sellers: sinkFLsink, kidrobotNY (x2), tacune, c-money, aka-man (x2), TheBoy1der, cahrowline, glass-eyed (x2), alien445226, MyNameIsDelme, v.real, Tizight, Metatron1050, meanmistert, ferevern2days, gusto inc, rizadette, darkangelraine (x2), dinosauria, stupid-idiot, whatsahappen1n

Great buyers: PlasticPrincess (x2), jmf337 (x2), Just-Dan, rizadette, tyler2313, jessstaton (x2), tuggers, its420brother, pop77, de large

Great traders: jmf337, Just-Dan, richL, rizadette

Not cool: mrktrbx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 am 

xbleedcorex wrote:
Hey its getting annoying that ppl, well, looks like buisness posting on the sales thread... user sales03 is posting about cell phone parts...er ok? i just wanna see threads about art, toys & clothing that pertains to this culture.

I'm sorry...I can't be on the board all the time, and especially when the "read posts" flag gets reset, it's easy to miss some posts. These should not be here; feel free to PM eckotyper or me when you see them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:34 am 

I was a member on these discussion boards since 2005 i posted a lot of crap but when the site was updated a little more than a year ago my profile got erased so i started a new one with the same name i just wanna post to sell because i dont want to go thru the bay. help me, help me please!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am 

I would like to sell my collection Well most of it .. do i have to have a certain amount of posts or can i just do it right away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next