forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:42 pm 

This man is a beast! Absolutely helpful and wonderful without expecting anything in return. Thanks Brandon! Those green green army man from the crank machines are too cool.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:35 am 

:rock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:41 am 

Happy new year everyone!

Since starting this service back in May of 2014, I have been able to achieve the purpose of doing it in the first place: pay off student loan bills. The bills are far from paid off yet, but with your help, I have successfully avoided around $500 in money exchange fees/banking fees in the past 7 months.

Thank you!

It has always been pretty tough to knock down loans, and even tougher across an ocean. With everyone's support, this is getting done. This year has taught me many things on how to manage time, reclusive artist interaction, and all-around broadened my mind to all new art forms and cool toys/artists.

With 2015, expect this to continue! As always, feel free to ask about f I can get something for you. I probably can and I will try my hardest to make it happen. Lastly, I do this as a side gig, I am not a company. Just a guy. Sometimes requests are impossible for me but I will do all that I can to make it happen.

Happy new year, and happy toy hunting!
-Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:39 pm 

Hey Sideglide, what you're doing is absolutely awesome. I may ask for your help in acquiring a specific item(s) from the upcoming 3A Japan Venture show in September, especially the Angry Zombkin. Is this something you could help me with? :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:10 pm 

Zbrushman wrote:
Hey Sideglide, what you're doing is absolutely awesome. I may ask for your help in acquiring a specific item(s) from the upcoming 3A Japan Venture show in September, especially the Angry Zombkin. Is this something you could help me with? :)

Piggybacking on this post! I'm also looking for some products from ThreeA at the venture show! Please let me know if you are attending and could help out!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:17 pm 

Sideglide wrote:
Firstly, Mods, if this violates the rules of the board, please notify and I will take this down. I did not see anything that pertains to this type of thread.

If you have ever wanted to grab something from Japan but had no way to get it, or other "secondary" sites were too much of a pain, look no further. I am the guy to get it for you.

Background: I've been living in Japan for almost 6 years. I work in Tokyo and have made acquaintances with many people including Murakami, Rockin Jelly Bean, and fellas in Medicom (head office is 15 minutes from my home, by walking). Since moving here, I have had the misfortune of having to pay for student loans from overseas with no real good way to do it.

So, I want to offer my services to the KR board. What I can do is look for, purchase and ship whatever item you have been wanting to get but had no way to do it. Akihabara is 30 minutes away, Nakano about 15 minutes. I'm able to go to Sky Tree for be@rbricks or the 1/6 flagship store. I can go to Mandarake. I can order off Yahoo Japan. etc, etc.

Why: The best and easiest way to pay off my student loans is to have USD in my paypal account. Having to do money transfers every month is a big pain and takes too much time and money in fees and currency exchanges.

How much: Whatever the item costs plus $10. I will also add the actual cost for any shipping supplies, actual shipping ,insurance, etc. There is no percentage scale, no hidden fees. Just whatever it costs to get to your door plus $10. Essentially my time is free. I am willing to do this to avoid all the hassles of sending money on a monthly basis.

Where's the catch: No catch. I'm not doing this to make money, I do that already. Hence the $10.

I have sold some items on here but have done much more with car parts. I've stopped doing that since many people in the car scene just kick the tires or have a bad habit of backing out leaving me to foot the bill. What I have done and will do for you is keep things transparent and up-to-date. I have had the opportunity to get much of what I want from Japan, now I am willing to give others a chance.

As a kick-off, I am willing to waive the fee for the first 5 that wanna give it a try. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:24 pm 

Hi,
Just wanna ask you if you would go to the 3A Japan Venture show in September and pick up some exclusive figures that will be selling there, It would be huge help for me!

any email or facebook where I could contact you more personally,
thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:27 pm 

Zbrushman wrote:

Me too, I looking for some exclusive figures of the 3A Japan Venture, thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:41 pm 

bump for a great cause:)

Bad Transactions: QNguyen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:35 pm 

I wonder if you also could help me with 3AGO JDF Bertie and Square from 3A Japan Venture show in September.
Please send me PM if you could. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:08 pm 

Hi, been getting quite a few messages about the 3A show. I'd like to help but can only do so on/after the 25th of September. That is near the end of the show.

Anyway, that is the best I can do. If anyone is still interested, pm me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:57 pm 

What you're doing is a great gesture!
Thread definitely in my bookmarks!

Wish you the best with the loan!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:21 pm 

email me your contact info ill be happy to help the cause and order things. teppy3112@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:01 pm 

up

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:17 pm 

Hey dude! Please let me know if you can help with some YJ auctions. Thanks!! :)

Sideglide wrote:
Firstly, Mods, if this violates the rules of the board, please notify and I will take this down. I did not see anything that pertains to this type of thread.

If you have ever wanted to grab something from Japan but had no way to get it, or other "secondary" sites were too much of a pain, look no further. I am the guy to get it for you.

Background: I've been living in Japan for almost 6 years. I work in Tokyo and have made acquaintances with many people including Murakami, Rockin Jelly Bean, and fellas in Medicom (head office is 15 minutes from my home, by walking). Since moving here, I have had the misfortune of having to pay for student loans from overseas with no real good way to do it.

So, I want to offer my services to the KR board. What I can do is look for, purchase and ship whatever item you have been wanting to get but had no way to do it. Akihabara is 30 minutes away, Nakano about 15 minutes. I'm able to go to Sky Tree for be@rbricks or the 1/6 flagship store. I can go to Mandarake. I can order off Yahoo Japan. etc, etc.

Why: The best and easiest way to pay off my student loans is to have USD in my paypal account. Having to do money transfers every month is a big pain and takes too much time and money in fees and currency exchanges.

How much: Whatever the item costs plus $10. I will also add the actual cost for any shipping supplies, actual shipping ,insurance, etc. There is no percentage scale, no hidden fees. Just whatever it costs to get to your door plus $10. Essentially my time is free. I am willing to do this to avoid all the hassles of sending money on a monthly basis.

Where's the catch: No catch. I'm not doing this to make money, I do that already. Hence the $10.

I have sold some items on here but have done much more with car parts. I've stopped doing that since many people in the car scene just kick the tires or have a bad habit of backing out leaving me to foot the bill. What I have done and will do for you is keep things transparent and up-to-date. I have had the opportunity to get much of what I want from Japan, now I am willing to give others a chance.

As a kick-off, I am willing to waive the fee for the first 5 that wanna give it a try. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Great transactions with: whitey, DrftDrgn21, fulci zombi, Nicocato, NoupaRobot, wwwetworks, ZopBoy, chillywilly153, belleater, dong32117, NinJaSkills, High On Vinyl, BMXBENF, bluegreenkey, 666ways2love, Beeswax, quentdiggy, richr2003, mANNEe, cyberann,le_bloomer, Urban-Yeti, jennipho, Bunny Dunny, Hawking-hole, spoonie_gee, projectmayhem
I have also have 3 pages of all positive feedback on the BST.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:29 am 

I don't know if you're still doing this, but there's a few things I can't find anywhere that I'd love your help getting (RealxHead minis mainly). Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 pm 

Hey guys, just shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and budget.

Im coming vack from vacation so haven't had much time until recently. Also, just as a heads up, I am NOT gonna make it to Super Festival next weeekend. Just too tired. I am hoping to hit Design Festa though in November.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:23 pm 

Sideglide wrote:
Hey guys, just shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and budget.

Im coming vack from vacation so haven't had much time until recently. Also, just as a heads up, I am NOT gonna make it to Super Festival next weeekend. Just too tired. I am hoping to hit Design Festa though in November.

Hello there, i was referred here by the threeA forum group. There is a ThreeA Japan Venture that everyone is asking you to get. Would you be visiting anytime soon? If so, could you get the white kuntsler bear for me?

Please email me at epick.goh@gmail.com or add me on facebook as i am unable to send a chat because im a new user. If you r able to get for me, i wouldnt mind sending u a small deposit first as a gesture of good will. Thank you so much!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:34 am 

Bump and PM

- My Tumblr
- My Instagram

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:36 pm 

never got a reply

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:03 am 

^Sorry for that. I responded if still interested.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:01 am 

Any help on obtaining a BAPE Transformers Optimus Prime?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:02 am 

*Edit: Just realized you were prob. asking about the one being released this week. Sorry, no. I am done trying to get stuff that Chinese flippers go for. They have too much money, and too many homeless/students they buy off for line squating. The last Medicom show was the last time I decide to line up for something with high interest. Just not worth the hours of waiting and annoyance of being around people that could careless about what they are lining up for or how they treat the staff/venue/fellow people in line. Awful to the core.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:53 pm 

Understood, those flippers are listing them for ridiculous amounts on eBay. Thanks anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:36 pm 

PMed you with help on JP Yahoo Auction

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next